PDA

View Full Version : Hardest thing to learn

Anne
01-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Correcting stitches are the hardest for me. I wondered if anyone else found this to be the same?

theflyingdeutschman
01-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Mine was purling...
But I just recently figured it out... thanks Amy

Roxanne
01-15-2005, 02:39 AM
Yup...same here...ripping out stitches and correcting them is difficult. So is seaming..."seams" to take forever :lol: LOL

amigarabita
01-19-2005, 11:59 AM
seams. i have children who knit, so i have become quite the expert on correcting mistakes in actual knitting, but try as i might, my seams look bad. better, but still bad.

--good thread. it is affirming to know that you're not the only one!

Nicoley
01-19-2005, 12:15 PM
the hardest for me so far is when i accidently droped the needle out of my work and some of the stiches went to the row under it i couldnt get the needle back in and all on the same row ... my dad fixed it for me though... i almost had a panic attack working for weeks to have it messed up
so most problem learning is how to get everything on the needle in the correct row :)

ChroniclesofYarnia
01-19-2005, 02:35 PM
I had trouble picking up dropped stitches until I broke out the crochet hook.

For me the hardest thing would have to be counting. I always lose count while decreasing and increasing, and have gone so far to rip everything out rather than spend longer trying to figure out where I am. :lol:

Anne
01-19-2005, 03:19 PM
Yarnmommy,

Your girls are adorable! I agree with you that often times it is easier to rip out than to figure out how to correct.

I started knitting a fun fur last night using eye lash yarn. Thought that would be difficult as the eye lash is long. I am so proud of myself due to the fact i have not made a mistake SO FAR, which is a GOOD thing for me.

Hope to have that finished tonight. Snow, snow and more today so i am staying inside to keep warm.