PDA

View Full Version : Felted Hat Pattern

Jouf
01-15-2005, 11:35 PM
I made this hat today! I thought some of you might enjoy it, so here's the link:

http://webhome.idirect.com/~quanah/patfelthat.html

Jouf

amy
01-16-2005, 06:51 AM
Wow, Jouf!

Mind if I use your picture on the patterns page for that pattern link?

Love it!

Amy

Jouf
01-16-2005, 08:25 AM
Amy, that's fine.

I'll probably never wear it, but I just love seeing the transformation! You can really style it anyway you want.

Jouf

roxyquiksilver34
01-16-2005, 08:36 PM
Awesome! Nice job :D

I'm seeing one in....pink mohair tee hee

akarui_hikaru
12-31-2006, 03:54 PM
I had a question about the blue felted hat. On the pattern are several pictures none of which is the blue example. How do you recommend shaping the blue hat. How did you get the raised line above the brim and how did you shape the fliped up part on the back of the brim. Thank you in advance.

Auntie-Em
01-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Jouf, what a beautiful hat!

My niece has just started knitting a very similar felted hat. It's also knit from the top down, but starts with 12 stitches so there is a bit of a hole at the top. Do you think this will "felt out", or should I suggest she gather it up like one would do to finish a hat knitted bottom to top?

Thanks for your help. My niece and I just talked about her "hole" this morning, so I'm delighted to find your post.

akarui_hikaru
01-01-2007, 01:02 PM
I just had a simular experience. The hole does not felt out. Good luck to your niece

amy
01-02-2007, 12:32 PM
akarui, I think Jouf added the "ridge" line, I don't think it's in the pattern. Try emailing or pm'ing Jouf.

or should I suggest she gather it up like one would do to finish a hat knitted bottom to top?

Yes Auntie-em, sounds like a good plan.

nonny2t
01-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Wonderful. I keep looking for felted hats I can make to add to my red hat collection and these really fit the bill.