View Full Version : Scored !! circular needles for 99 cents

01-18-2005, 11:19 PM
My friend who goes to second hand shops has gotten me into looking at these stores for my knitting needles. I have three thrift stores that I stop in regularly to see what kinds of needles they have. For weeks there hasn't been anything . . . but today score! They had several circular needles all ranging from .25 to 1.29. Granted that they were mainly 16 inch 6, 7, & 10's, but I just had to have them. The clerk decided that they were all priced wrong and rung them all up for 99 cent apeice. Now to find matching sized DP.

01-19-2005, 12:43 AM
That IS a score. I love 16" circulars, they are just perfect for hats :)

01-19-2005, 01:15 AM
Christine, I love your avatar image! :) So cute! Are those your kids?

Those are all great size needles to have. Congratulations on getting a steal!

I just bought a pair of Addi Turbo 16" circulars. I've never tried out Addi's before, as much as I've heard them raved about, because I could never afford them, and I liked my Boyes just fine. But I figured it's time to give them a go. I just did a little testing the Addi's out, by wrapping yarn over them and sliding it back and forth on the needle, to see how smooth it felt. I compared it to my Boyes, and I have to say, much to my surprise, I could totally tell the difference! The Boyes, which I've always considered to feel very smooth and slippery, felt almost bumpy by comparison. It's wild! I had no idea! I can't wait to try them out for real, on a hat project I'm planning.

...Not to try to sell anyone on them. I've gone this many years, loving knitting, with all my other kinds of needles. I can't yet say that I'm an Addi "convert." But I'm really curious to play with my new toy! :) I feel like I'm about to test drive a Ferrari or something! LOL

01-19-2005, 01:41 AM
Very interesting. Make sure to post your opinion once they are put to use please.

01-19-2005, 02:11 AM
Will do! :)

01-19-2005, 10:49 AM
I love my Addis. They are amazing needles, but they are definitely a luxury item.

01-19-2005, 09:14 PM
so i tranfered my current hat to the new needles. I think that I am in love. I was using wooden clover ones--wow what a difference the boyd's make. I am not sure about knitting on striaights with metal--keep dropping stitches.

PS Yes Amy these two cuties are my babies, but they are getting a bit big to rock. The picture is from our christmas card this year.