PDA

View Full Version : Lacey Scarf Pattern

Peg
01-20-2005, 11:38 AM
I'm working on this scarf now, it's a very pretty pattern. I'm using the Plymouth 'baby alpaca brush' which is very yummy to knit with.
The pattern is easily memorized, but a word of caution. If using the alpaca brush note that it can be a real devil to rip! So keep track of your rows and take the time to keep count of your stitches....I, of course, learned the hard way! ;)
I'm including a pic of my wip. Hopefully it's a better pic than the one on
the website.

http://www.yarn.com/patterns/freepats/PlymF106.html

PiousPoet
01-20-2005, 05:25 PM
Very nice.

amy
01-21-2005, 03:31 PM
Nice, peg!

Amy

VictoiseC
02-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Peg, that's a great pattern! I'm going to try it. I've been doing to many simple scarfs... well, wait, not really now that I think about it, did one huge scarf lengthwise on circulars and am just finishing one with triple drops or whatever they're called (like Amy's)...

but I've never done a lace-looking one like this. Plus I like the Vs
in the middle coz I'm a V. Victoria Vic Viki

Thanks!

Celine
05-16-2006, 05:55 PM
I've been reading way back in old posts and found this pretty lace scarf. I love doing lace scarves. I wonder if one can ever have too many?? lol :happydance:

rebecca
05-16-2006, 09:57 PM
:D That scarf is lovely! I don't think that you can have too many! I'm working on the Leaf Lace scarf from the spring/summer 2005 issue of Vogueknitting now, in Bamboo...it's yummilicious for sure :D

KristiMetz
06-02-2006, 03:43 PM
Oh no! My yarn from elann just came today and I was thinking of using this pattern, but I can no longer find it since WEBS reorganized their web site.

Anyone know if they might still have these free patterns on there somewhere?

mulene
06-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Uh oh! thats very recent that they moved it (in the last couple of days in fact!) I MAY have printed a copy (I hope so I'm waiting on the yarn arriving in the post /sigh) I don't remember what it was called!

I remember it was a pretty small pattern. I've mailed them to ask where its gone :) If it has gone for good maybe I could mail you a written out copy (unless I can get my scanner to work!)

sandrasingh
06-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Very Sweet little scarf...you'll get lots of compliments!

mulene
06-06-2006, 07:59 AM
OK They didn't reply to my email and I found my printed copy so here goes. If this shouldn't be here or I shouldn't have re-typed this please one of the mods remove it or let me know and I'll remove it.

Since people have ordered yarn for this (mine arrived today) I'm posting the pattern (and adding in needle sizes):

Plymouth Yarn Company
///Free with yarn purchase///
Indiecta Baby Alpaca Brush
Lacey Scarf

MATERIALS: 2 (3) Balls Baby Alpaca Brush, needles size US 10 (UK 4 or 6.00mm)

GAUGE: - 3 sts = 1" over pattern stitch

SIZE: 7" x 48" (70)".

Loosely cast on 27 sts. Work in garter st (knit every row) for 4 rows.
Next Row: P1, K1, P1, K1, P1 Work lace panel over next 17 sts, P1, K1, P1, K1, P1

Keeping first 5 and last 5 sts in seed stitch as established work center 17 sts in lace panel pattern.

Continue until about 48 (70)" long, ending with a row 6 of the panel. Work in garter st for 4 rows.

Bind off, weave in all ends

Lacey Panel

Row 1: K2tog, yo, k1, yo, slip 1, k1, psso, k3, yo, slip 1, k1, psso, k2, k2tog, yo, k1, yo, slip 1, k1, psso

Row 2: Purl

Row 3:[K2tog, yo, k1, yo, slip1, k1, psso, K1] twice, K2tog, yo, k1, yo, slip 1, k1, psso

Row 4: Purl

Row 5: K2tog, yo, k1, yo, slip 1, k1, psso, k2tog, yo, k3, yo, slip 1, k1, psso, k2tog, yo, k1, yo, slip 1, k1, psso

Row 6: Purl

Repeat rows 1 - 6 for lave panel pattern

Designed by JoAnne Turcotte 2004

Abbreviations: K = Knit, P = Purl, sts = stitch(es), K2tog = Knit 2 stitches together, psso = pass slipped st over the knitted st, yo = yarn over[/b]