PDA

View Full Version : Smoky Yarn.....any ideas?

ChroniclesofYarnia
01-27-2005, 10:11 AM
I just received a big bag of yarn through a friend who had a friend who had some yarn. The only problem is it is sitting on my balcony cause it reeks of ciggy smoke. Is there anything I can do about it, cause there is about 1100yds of wool in that bag. :cry:

Marnie
01-27-2005, 11:37 AM
You could try some Fabreeze or a similar product, but I would be that it wouldn't be sufficient to entirely remove the smell. Your best bet would be to wind it all into skeins (wrap it around the back of a kitchen chair), wash it as directed and let it hang to dry. When it's all dry, wind it back into balls. It might be a lot of work, but in the end, you'll be able to enjoy the yarn.

ekgheiy
01-27-2005, 11:46 AM
This link might help ...
http://www.tkga.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000589

amy
01-28-2005, 04:27 PM
Great link ekgheiy. Yarnmommy, I hope you try the "put it ouside in cold air" thing (the last of the thread ekgheiy's linked to), so we can see if it works. That sure sounds easy! (If Kansas is cold enough.)

Amy

ekgheiy
01-28-2005, 04:50 PM
Great link ekgheiy. Yarnmommy, I hope you try the "put it ouside in cold air" thing (the last of the thread ekgheiy's linked to), so we can see if it works. That sure sounds easy! (If Kansas is cold enough.)

Amy

Aw ... shucks ... :oops:

:lol: Happy to be of assistance!

Do let us know if you can try the ozone trick, Yarymommy! ;)