PDA

View Full Version : Newbie's Swatch

Glitzy
02-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Just thought I'd share the first piece of knitting I didn't end up unravelling in frustration. You can tell how off my tension is. I feel like I finally got the hang of knitting and purling continental style

Comments welcome. :D Happy Saturday

Glitzy
02-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Sorry! Forgot to add the actual swatch in my previous post!

yellowness
02-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Nice job! I have a swatch that looks almost exactly like that floating around from the weekend I taught myself continental knitting too :) Mine's also in gray and is a series of rows of stockinette, ribbing, moss stitch too :)

amy
02-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Hi Glitzy, nice swatch! You're tension looks good to me. It's natural for the swatch to come out different widths with those different stitch patterns....

Congratulations!
Amy :)

Glitzy
02-05-2005, 11:35 PM
Thanks yellowness and Amy. Now I just have to figure out what to do for my first project .

Jivewhistle
02-06-2005, 12:52 AM
Hi Glitzy,

Nice swatch! ( Did that sound dirty? LMAO )I'm working on a swatch like that too. Except, today after I had numerous garter stitch and stockinette stitch rows....I started on ribbing. Well, apparently I wasn't paying attention, because even though I was always holding the yarn right, I wasn't necessarily do the knit and purl stitches. Anways, I got frustrated, and ended up ripping everything out...ARGGGG LOL

I've started again though, and hope to post a pic soon :D After I get these basic stitches down, I'd like to try the whole joining new colors/new yarn and knitting with different colors. Looks real hard at this point though.

I'm stumped as what to do for my first project too LOL

foldedbird
02-06-2005, 12:59 AM
There are lots of cool ideas on the DIYnet.com site under knitty gritty. If you look at the episode titled "3-way rectangles" there's a list, I think.

To name a few: scarf, poncho, shawl, shrug, wrap, bean bag, wrist wrap...etc.