PDA

View Full Version : Help with knitting, Pleaseeeeeeeee

Sandie
02-07-2005, 05:01 PM
:( I learned how to knit at a young age, didn't really do that much but my sister has gotten me interested again, sooooo I'm making a scarf, I want to add beads to it, how do I do this??? I would really appreciate the help. I really enjoy this site...hope to connect with new friends. That would be awesome.
Thanks,
Sandie[/list]

ekgheiy
02-07-2005, 05:06 PM
:( I learned how to knit at a young age, didn't really do that much but my sister has gotten me interested again, sooooo I'm making a scarf, I want to add beads to it, how do I do this??? I would really appreciate the help. I really enjoy this site...hope to connect with new friends. That would be awesome.
Thanks,
Sandie[/list]

I think you have to string the beads on the yarn (like pearls) before you actually begin the knitting. When I was in Barnes n' Nobles one weekend, I saw a book about knitting with beads. It was an interesting book. I would post a direct link, but they sometimes make thread viewing a little aggravating with the horizontal bar ... at least, it aggravates me :oops: *teehehe* ... Anyhooo... go to www.borders.com and search for ISBN# 1579902502. It's called Knitting with Beads.

Good Luck!
Happy Knitting!

ekgheiy
02-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Thanks,
Sandie[/list]

I think you have to string the beads on the yarn (like pearls) before you actually begin the knitting. When I was in Barnes n' Nobles one weekend, I saw a book about knitting with beads. It was an interesting book. I would post a direct link, but they sometimes make thread viewing a little aggravating with the horizontal bar ... at least, it aggravates me :oops: *teehehe* ... Anyhooo... go to www.borders.com and search for ISBN# 1579902502. It's called Knitting with Beads.

Good Luck!
Happy Knitting!

I haven't looked at this one, but it came up on a "knitting with beads" search on www.borders.com:

ISBN# 1931499446

Have Fun!
;)