PDA

View Full Version : Recently Finished Projects (Archive-the birth of this forum)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

yellowness
02-21-2005, 03:07 PM
I left one of the needles for my most primary project at a friends house (some of you may know I work lots of projects at once), so I've had some time to start new projects (see, "What'cha knittin'?" thread) and finish some others.

Here's a shot of the projects I've cranked out while waiting for my needle's return:

1) Gray scarf - elongated stitch pattern posted by Amy (detail on patterns page) - fuzzy acrylic and mohair

2) Green square - pot holder with mock cable ribbing I've been using in the kitchen with trailing, unfinshed ends :) - acrylic

3) Green rectangles - fingerless mits (to the knuckle with thumb hole) - 75% lambs wool 25% merino wool

4) green/blue/purple square - funky cabled/seed stitch hat that has peaks to the side that are either cat ears or devil horns, you decide... - acrylic

5) Black hat - beenie I made the BF that needs minor felting for sizing/stretch correction - 100% Peruvian baby alpaca

Contiknitter Kelly
02-21-2005, 05:49 PM
:shock: Wow....you're good.....

Love 'em all esp. the wrist warmers.

Kelly

Anne
02-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Your very good.... I like all of them but my favorite one is the Green/Blue/Purple square. I love the colors.

How long have you been knitting? Don't tell me a month!!! :wink:

brightspot
02-21-2005, 07:19 PM
I love the purple thing!

yellowness
02-21-2005, 07:45 PM
*blush* Aw, shucks... Thanks for the kind words :)

I've been knitting on and off since I was a little girl... about 20 years (I'm young yet).

But I want to see your projects too! People often post them burried in other posts, or link to blogs... It would be nice to see a thread where they're all sort of centralized... And there's got to be more stuff out there yet! Hats, scarves, socks...

brightspot
02-21-2005, 07:51 PM
I've been too busy frogging to get anything done. I thought that my sweater could be neater so froggy froggy.

Anne
02-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Knitting for 20 years. Wonderful, you lucky girl. I envy those of you that have knitted since you were youngsters.

Keep up the beautiful work. How lucky your Children will be to have a Mom who can teach them to knit.

Peg
02-21-2005, 09:05 PM
I'm in agreement with everyone else, beautiful work!

Here are a few scarves I've done since Christmas.
Pattern and yarn from l to r:

Indiecita Lace Scarf, Plymouth Baby Alpaca Brush

Drop Stitch /w some variation, Sirdar's 'Bigga'

My So Called Scarf, Wool in the Woods. I just finished this and still need to add some fringe, I think. ;)

Feather and Fan, Noro Kochoran

Now c'mon ladies (and gents, if you're out there)....share some pics of your beautiful creations!

Jivewhistle
02-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Yellowness, I love your projects!! And Peg, I just love your scarves!! I really need to find a scarf pattern and get some yarn and just make something already. I have no problem making a ton of scarves as my first projects :D I'd like to make some hats too, but I think I will just wait until I have circ's and dpn's before I start on that. I am really liking the lace scarf though!!!!!

amigarabita
02-21-2005, 09:19 PM
here's some pics of recent work done:

a shrug, the back:
http://friendbunny.com/images/february/simpleshrug/shrugback.jpg
and front (my expression is priceless):
http://friendbunny.com/images/february/simpleshrug/shrugfront.jpg
bobbibear (i posted this before):
http://friendbunny.com/images/january/bobbibear.JPG
a felt bag my daughter is modeling:
http://friendbunny.com/images/january/feltbag/emmafeltbag.jpg

yellowness
02-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Those scarves are beautiful...!

And the funky hat (purple/green/blue thing) was origionally designed for working on strait needles (I changed the pattern a great deal and used dpns). I've another hat I made a while ago that is also made for strait needles.

In fact, I can think of at least 4 patterns I've found on line and in books made on st needles... So, the hat world is your oyster!

Jivewhistle
02-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Yellowness, whenever you have some time, could you post the links to hats you made using straight needles? I would really appreciate it!!

And Amigarabita, I just LOVE that felted bag!! I can't wait to try one of those :D

Mer
02-21-2005, 11:56 PM
Here's a picture of my first projects beyond squares and rectangles--two hats I just finished. You can barely see the little hat in the picture--it's being worn by my cat. :D You can barely see the cat against my husband's coat, too.

I guess he'll have to wait until we go up north again to wear the hat though--we're running the air conditioning here in Houston! :wink:

gardenia
02-22-2005, 12:53 AM
It is so fun seeing what everyone else is doing. This is one of the first hats I've ever made. It's from a Debbie Bliss Easy Baby Knits book. Very easy. Deb

brightspot
02-22-2005, 01:10 AM
What an Adorable hat. I need to find some baby things to knit for my great nephew to come. I have put it off so long I only have a month. Knit, knit, knit.

brightspot
02-22-2005, 01:12 AM
Is that the name of the book? I am getting desperate!

gardenia
02-22-2005, 01:42 AM
Shawna,

I messed up the name. It is actually Baby Knits for Beginners, Debbie Bliss, 2003. I originally checked it out of the library, but I liked it so much I bought it. I've made 3 of these little hats. They are quick and easy.

I hope you find the book. :)

Deb

brightspot
02-22-2005, 01:45 AM
Thank you so much. What size needles did you use? Is there a diaper wrap in the book? I just saw one online, but the pattern was $13 for one pattern. I could buy wraps for that!

Hildy55
02-22-2005, 09:06 AM
I need to make more hats I wear this one all the time:)
The cashmere I made this sweater for me for christmas Hubby bought me the yarn I love presents:D
Hildy from VT

javede
02-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Since winter is coming back around here, I made some hats, scarves and arm warmers. All really basic designs.
First a hat with a crocheted flower and matching arm warmers.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/8824coloredhat1.JPG
Second a Poncho/Capelet which is not really finished cause I have to weave in the ends
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/8824rosa3.JPG
Last a hat and a scarf in really soft yarn. Actually it's not really finished too. You can't see it in this pic, but the hat is a bit too short(doesn't nearly cover my ears :wink: )
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/8824blue1-med.JPG

Edit: I don't know why the pictures don't show up here. Just copy and paste them
Edit:or better look at the attachments :D

amigarabita
02-22-2005, 01:12 PM
javede, i don't think your links are working. i can't see your pics!

amigarabita
02-22-2005, 01:22 PM
oh, and thanks jivewhistle!

i added a felt flower to it:
http://www.friendbunny.com/images/january/feltbag/finishedwithflower.jpg

this is the pattern i used: http://www.magknits.com/warm04/patterns/sophie.htm

i changed the handle, obviously, and i used different yarn than the cascade 220 called for, but the pattern is super easy and fast.

oshnpashn
02-22-2005, 02:36 PM
Gorgeous stuff! Thanks for sharing.

tammynelson
02-22-2005, 11:14 PM
The last thing I finished was actually a baby sweater and hat, but since I finished it on a plane to NYC just seconds before seeing the recipient, I don't have a picture!

My last FO before that was the dog sweater below for my lovely little Willow.

The pattern is from Stitch 'n Bitch Nation. I'm very proud of how it turned out since I substituted a totally different weight yarn AND my pup is a bit odd-sized (sort of like her mom :D ).

t.

mascarasnake
02-23-2005, 02:41 AM
So I'm goingto dominate this space for a moment. When I found out that my partner's son had a digital camera, I started taking pictures of everything I knitted. Now, I can finally put them to use! By the way, the blue scarf and the flapper hat are crochet--newly learned!

mascarasnake
02-23-2005, 02:43 AM
up close...

VictoiseC
02-23-2005, 01:10 PM
oh my god, this is great. I love it, all the pix. Good work on this posting!

Here's two pictures (I can't believe I can finally post them)
I'm just finishing the 2nd sock and am dpn addicted. I want to that hat you did Yellow.... it's gorgeous. And I love the fingerless gloves/wrist warmers? They look like the Peace Fleece green I used on my sock.

And I love those purple slippers wow!

And other stuff tooo ha Vic

oh oh oh, I have GOT TO KNIT A TEDDY BEAR now!

Hope it's not too hard?

VictoiseC
02-23-2005, 01:12 PM
Oh, also, Tammy, that is a precious dog and picture.

mascarasnake
02-23-2005, 01:59 PM
Victoise,
Is thaht whacko scarf knit lengthwise? Whenever I see scarves like that, I want to knit them, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Cast on a gagillion stitches on a circular and just knit back and forth that way?
In any case, it's geor-gee-ous!

VictoiseC
02-23-2005, 05:32 PM
Mascara Snake (what a name! )

I don't know if this is that copyright infringement thing but I altered the pattern so... where do stand?

Anyhoo, I did a take off on a pattern from KNitting Made Easy that was for a big wraparound shawl, but ended it when it was narrower so it'd be a scarf not shawl.

It's SUPER EASY as long as you don't mind circulars. I used a size 11 circular. You cast on 150 stitches and k1 row, p1row according to colors you have and like. It's reallly neat to knit lengthwise instead of the regular width wide most scarves are done in. Oh yeah, each time you start a new color you leave a long piece like 12" or so that creates the fringe. Then you knot some of those fringes together, like 3, I braided some. It was my first time knitting on a circular and length wise and a lot of fun.

I ended up buying a scarf like this that reaches to the ground, from my lys for $50! It's even more beautiful than mine.

Thanks for the compliment! :)

VictoiseC
02-23-2005, 05:34 PM
By the way, is there a pattern for those fantastic fun purple slippers?
They're so cute!

mascarasnake
02-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the info...that's kind of how I figured you'd go about it, but sometimes I still don't trust myself...
The slipper pattern came from here:

http://frugalknit12330.goeserv.com/homepage/booties.htm

I added the furry stuff cuz they were for my partner's 7-year old daughter who is obsessed with all things pink and frilly. Hee.

amigarabita
02-25-2005, 09:11 PM
i finished a bunny for my youngest daughter's easter basket. it is from "last-minute knitted gifts", though i'm really glad i didn't wait till last minute!

http://www.friendbunny.com/images/february/sadiesbunny/bunnypattern.jpg
http://www.friendbunny.com/images/february/sadiesbunny/knitbunny.jpg
http://www.friendbunny.com/images/february/sadiesbunny/bunnycloseup.jpg

carollovesyarn
02-25-2005, 09:18 PM
I so love bunnies. I want one - they are too cute amigarbita!

amy
02-25-2005, 09:45 PM
CUUUUUUUUUTE AmiG! Thanks for sharing! :)

It's great to see what everyone's working on! LOVE that scarf, Victoise, just so luscious. Love the hats MascaraSnake, both of them. Lots of great stuff on this thread!! I know there's other stuff I wanted to compliment. Thanks for sharing everyone!

Sorry I'm slacking....I'll get some pics of my own stuff up soon. Love this Finished-Projects thread! (and the Works-In-Progress thread (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=404&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0) too!)

Amy

Lynn in NZ
03-01-2005, 12:37 AM
Hi, everyone,
I made 5 of the 2 ponchos shown in the pic, for 5 of my 6 grandaughters for Christmas - boy, what a 'mission' but I did manage to finish them! I also made my youngest grandaughter, 2, the Ragg Sweater from Smartyarns; she just loves the 'love-yous' all over it!
Lynn in NZ

amy
03-01-2005, 01:55 AM
Nice ponchos Lynn!

Okay, here's my most recent project. The felted Fuzzy Feet slippers from knitty.com (great free pattern!).

The picture shows the before and after felting. The before one is of a second pair I'm making. I made the cuff about twice as long in the un-felted one, and with the same purple yarn as the foot, but otherwise they're the same size, and mostly the same yarn, that purple color. Mountain Mohair yarn, I think it's called, a wool-mohair blend. Made for VERY Fuzzy Feet, with all the mohair sticking out! (The white fuzzy stuff in the felted slipper. Makes it appear a lighter shade of purple than before felting!)

Felting took about 1/2 hour of agitation in the washing machine. I used hot water, a little soap, and (very important) two pairs of jeans, to help the agitation and felting process. The hot water was especially nice when I kept trying on the wet slippers, to see if they were felted enough! :)

javede
03-01-2005, 03:27 AM
Oh, I love the bunny! I have to try that myself(list of things I want to knit gets longer and longer and...)
I recently finished another hat and a matching scarf with fringes. And it proofes I was right! Cause like a week ago I was at my favorite LYs and the owner asked me if I didn't wanted to start a summer/spring project, because surely it would be soon getting warmer everyday....
guess what, it has been snowing the last days and more snow to come!

Carie
03-01-2005, 10:01 AM
Here are two sweaters I made.

mascarasnake
03-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Yay! I justfinished a marathon crocheting and knitting session. The onesieis from "Simple Crochet for Cherished Babies" and the booties are from "Simple Knits for Cherished Babies." My friend who lives halfway across the country is past her due date and going into labor any minute, so I wanted to get it outas soon as possible. Whew! Ilove this Lorna Laces yarn--and it only took one and half skeins for all of it!

amy
03-01-2005, 11:19 AM
Nice set, Javede.

Carie, love the Bolero pic-- I thought it was the original pattern's photo, it looks so professional! Nice blog you have. :)

Mascarasnake, I just LOVE that little set. Cute!

I love seeing all these pictures!! So special!
Amy

brightspot
03-01-2005, 05:32 PM
I'm sorry for so many pics at once, but I HATE sewing things together. These are what I finished last night. (By putting myself on restriction! No video games until they were done. I had to stay on the couch.!) I love the family of mittens. The looked very strange before I sewed them up. They were my first nonhat, nonscarf, nondishcloth pattern. I frogged my son's sweater. He is growing too fast. I need to make it bigger for next winter.

brightspot
03-01-2005, 05:36 PM
I am so sorry for the huge pics. I shrunk them alot. Next time I will make them tiny. Sorry.

[I shrank them for you Shawna. ~Amy]

ekgheiy
03-01-2005, 05:37 PM
I'm sorry for so many pics at once, but I HATE sewing things together. These are what I finished last night. (By putting myself on restriction! No video games until they were done. I had to stay on the couch.!) I love the family of mittens. The looked very strange before I sewed them up. They were my first nonhat, nonscarf, nondishcloth pattern. I frogged my son's sweater. He is growing too fast. I need to make it bigger for next winter.

Great stuff Brightspot! I have some stash Homespun left, so I was going to try making the mittens in the Lionbrand free patterns section. Are mittens terribly difficult to make? I've never done any ...

MommaBear
03-02-2005, 04:45 PM
It is so fun seeing what everyone else is doing. This is one of the first hats I've ever made. It's from a Debbie Bliss Easy Baby Knits book. Very easy. Deb

So cute! I might have to find that book! LOL!

MommaBear
03-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Everyone's things are so cute! I have no pictures ready to share now, but as soon as I do, I'll try to share! LOL!

Yvonne
03-03-2005, 04:20 PM
I just posted my KAL FO's in that forum. It's four pink scarves. :lol:

Flappy
03-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Three recently completed baby hats.

Flappy
03-06-2005, 02:46 AM
Having posted the pictures of the hats, I decided to unload pictures of every single project I've ever made on you. It's not bad, as I just learned to knit 5 or 6 weeks ago. So, without further do, I present... the scarves!

Be gentle.

javede
03-06-2005, 03:20 AM
Wow! You've been pretty productive!
I really like "Elmo's Girlfriend".

Flappy
03-06-2005, 03:46 AM
Productive? Only a knitter would say that. My friends use words like "idle". ;)

The pattern for Elmo's Girlfriend can be found here:
http://tinyurl.com/5byoa

And Elmo's *actual* girlfriend can be found here:

VictoiseC
03-07-2005, 03:20 PM
That's funny. I still have to reassure myself that I am being productive when I sit knitting in the middle of the day or morning.
! Ridiculous when I love it so much.

I love those scarves esp the frou frou furry ones.

Yvonne
03-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Below are my photos of what I am calling my Unfelted Unbooga. :thinking:
It's really just a prototype. I made it up as I went along. I had this ball of acrylic fleck something-or-other and just started playing around with it. It's Unbooga because it certainly isn't wool, is not felted, the handles are different and it has a lining.
I used size 8 needles, cast on 40 stitches, knit a bunch of garter stitch till I had a rectangle, picked up stitches all around the perimeter of that (100 stitches then) and knit in the round. Near what I figured was tall enough, I put in two sets of yo x 3 holes about where the handles should go through. A few more rows of stockinette in the round, then one row of purl to make a turning ridge, same number of stockinette rows I had after the holes but before the turn, four more holes in the same place in the lining (mirror image), then several more rows in same color. After I was deep enough into the lining, I switched to a different color to finish the lining. Continued knitting till the distance was equal from the beginning to the purled turning ridge, and from that to the end of the lining. Three-needle bind-off, then I just jammed the lining inside. I made an I-cord the length of what I thought two handles should be, threaded it through the sets of yo holes , and grafted the cord. I crocheted on that button loop, sewed on a button, and voila. Unfelted Unbooga Prototype.
The way the handles are, it can be two equal-sized handles, one long shoulder-strap handle, or the handles can be tucked inside entirely and it can be a clutch. Cool, huh?
I love that it has a lining because it makes the bag totally un-squishy and things don't poke through it. It makes it sturdy and gives it some body, even though it will never be felted. Easy, too. Just basically knitting a long hollow tube with closed ends, with a turning ridge right in the middle. One goes inside the other.
You may want to know why I chose that odd color for the lining? Well, it was handy and lying around next to me, left over from the Breast Cancer KAL moebius scarf (pics of that in that forum).
Now do I want to make a real one of these?
I'm not sure if I've attached all five photos of it. Seems like I did, but I only see four attached here prior to submitting this post. If it doesn't show up, I'll maybe stick on another one.

Yvonne
03-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Oh--I forgot to say that after picking up the stitches around the edge of the original rectangle to knit in the round, I did keep 10 stitches at each side in garter stitch, then made it 8 on each side in garter stitch, then 6, then 4, then 2, then zero. But I didn't decrease or anyting. Instead of garter, just changed to stockinette. Gives the illusion that the bag gets narrower, but it doesn't.

carollovesyarn
03-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Lovely! I'm so impressed that you made this up as you went along. I would've had to frog several times if I tried that, then it would have looked like I frogged a bunch of times...

I like the 'self-lining' feature, the purl turning ridge, the shape and style. I've never seen the self-lining idea before - is it your own or adapted? And of course I like the versatility of the handles!

Great job!

Carol

amy
03-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Flappy, you really are productive! Love the baby hats, and the scarves too. Great stuff you've made!

LOL, I know what you all mean about not FEELING "productive." When I decided to start doing some pattern design, it took me weeks to get used to sitting on the couch in the middle of a work day, knitting! I'm used to knitting in the evenings, or while doing something else I can think of as "real" work. :lol:

Yvonne, WOW, nice bag pattern! You should write it up and post it in the Free Patterns forum! Looks great!!!

Amy

Yvonne
03-07-2005, 04:17 PM
I don't know if I made up that self-lining feature, if I dreamt it or if I read it someplace else. I don't remember self-lining patterns I've looked at recently. I think I saw that purl row/turning ridge used for a hem on something and then wondered what would happen if you just kept on knitting and turned the hem into a lining.
Maybe I will write up a pattern for it, for real.
It's like those four scarves I made for the KAL. Apparently I make up stuff left and right but I've never actually "written" the pattern for anything. Hee hee xxx

carollovesyarn
03-07-2005, 06:08 PM
Yes - definitely write up the purse pattern! xxx (I'm loving these emoticons :heart: )

Carol

MaggieL
03-07-2005, 06:54 PM
Flappy,

I love :inlove: your projects, especially your hats. They are just TOOOOO cute. :thumbsup: The colors are amazing. Where did you get the patterns?

Maggie

Flappy
03-07-2005, 08:24 PM
Aww shucks, MaggieL. Thanks for the compliment. :oops:

For the hats, I used the pattern for the "umbilical cord hat" from Stitch 'n Bitch. The pattern is very easy. Cast on 64 stitches, knit 4.5" in the round, start decreasing by k2tog 8 times per row (evenly spaced) until it all comes together. For the details, see the book. I'm not a fan of the i-cord umbilical cord, though, so I found other ways to top the hats.

I'm using #7 12" circular needles, and Samoa cotton/acrylic yarn. It's very soft and easy to care for. The yarn is here:
http://tinyurl.com/678rr

(Ok, I'll admit that I didn't use this yarn for the red & white hat-- I used cheaper yarn and I'm not as pleased with the results. Never again.)

The colors and patterns I dreamed up on my own, while staring at the selection at my local yarn store. I tried to not use baby blue or pink, just to give the new parents some other colors to choose from. But, you'll see when I post a picture of my current project that I'm breaking that rule now.

amigarabita
03-08-2005, 12:02 AM
well, i have been at the sewing machine lately and not the prolific knitter, but i did manage to whip this cute cap up last night. (it is for my sister-in-law-ish)...

http://www.friendbunny.com/images/march/dixbonnet.JPG

foothills
03-08-2005, 09:14 AM
I just finished the scarf pattern that Amy posted awhile back. The photo really doesn't do the color justice. I used two yarns...Plymouth Indiecita Alpaca and Moda Dea Flip and although it was somewhat difficult to work with when separating the wrapped stitches from the knit stitches...I think the two yarns together turned out a beautiful scarf. Thanks Amy!

Joyce

judyb
03-08-2005, 01:42 PM
I just finished a hat -- it's my first! -- for a charity event. I did it on straight needles. I tried it on circulars, but just could not grok the circular thing...

javede
03-08-2005, 06:01 PM
I really like the scarf amd its color!
I haven't completed any of my knitting projects, but I sewed myself a knitting tote!

beldaraan
03-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Very cute Javede!! I love it. For some reason I want all of my knitting stuff (like bag, book/journal, even my needles if I could) all pink. I've never been much of a pink fan, but now I want it bad. I feel like I've just found a new feminine girly girl inside of me. It's great!!!

wildforyarn
03-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Did you have a pattern for that tote Javede? I am wanting to sew a tote really badly, but just getting better at my sewing skills and not sure where to get a good pattern. Have not found one that is quite big enough. This looks nice though.

MommaBear
03-08-2005, 11:08 PM
I really like the scarf amd its color!
I haven't completed any of my knitting projects, but I sewed myself a knitting tote!

Cute tote! Was it from a pattern or just something you made?

javede
03-09-2005, 04:06 AM
It's loosely based on the Jordy bag from crafters( this one (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=19288.0) ).
At the 44th page of this very large thread someone posted a knitting bag too. I originally wanted to sew the sides too, but I miscalculated a bit.
It's firm enough cause I used a really strong interfacing on the outside.
@wildforyarn: Actually a tote bag was the first thing I sewed apart from pillow cases! It's really easy, just give it a try.
@beldaraan: I :heart: pink! My whole room is red and pink!

Flappy
03-09-2005, 04:52 AM
Ok, so there have been a lot of baby hats in my life over the last week. All the previous ones were from the same pattern. This one, I made up. It's a ruffly edge, 2x2 ribbing and stockinette, some dramatic decreases and a tassle.

The colors don't show too well in the photos.. light pink, chocolate brown, and a mossy green.

Because it's a loose fitting hat, it might require some cords to be tied under junior's chin. I'll know more after it comes out of the wash. (EDIT: I'll find a safer way to secure the hat. Thanks for the thoughtful comments below, beldaraan.)

The cat seems to like the photo sessions. :eyebrow:

KellyK
03-09-2005, 08:19 AM
CUUUUUTE!

beldaraan
03-09-2005, 12:06 PM
Because it's a loose fitting hat, it might require some cords to be tied under junior's chin. I'll know more after it comes out of the wash.
Oh, I hope it turns out after you wash it. Strings on hats (even bibs) make me cringe inside. Use velcro on thicker straps or put some elastic in the hat to make it a bit tighter.

On a positive note, the hat looks really good. It's very cute. I can see myself making more of them for next winter for the whole family.

javede
03-09-2005, 02:46 PM
And now a finished knitted item: a scarf!
I had the one/third finished scarf lieing around for quite some time, caused I couldn't get more yarn of the same color. I had brought two balls at a sale and had some difficulties to find another store who caries it(I didn't wanted to order just one ball online).
Today I found out that my favourite LYS had it. I thought they didn't carry this manufacturer :doh:
The pattern for this scarf is out of an old stitch book I own. Therefore no problem in posting it here:
Row one: *hold thread behind needle; slip one stitch purl-wise; knit one stitch; yo; pull the slipped stitch over the knit and the yo*
Row two: purl

Sorry for the blurry pics, my camera sucks :oops:

KellyK
03-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Made this with wool ease thick & quick and fun fur. Birthday gift for a friend, but Im the one making my modeling debut. I could start a TREND with this pajama/hat/scarf thing! 8-)

knittergirl
03-09-2005, 11:25 PM
I don't post much, but I love reading all the threads and looking at what everyone else is working on (or finishing!!)

I've finished knitting myself a knitting bag (!)and almost everything I've used for it was in the clearance bin!! I'm so happy!! :cheering: It cost about six dollars for all the pieces and is about 10" x 10", perfect for socks or smaller pieces.

However, although my knitting is done, I'm gonna have to wait for the weekend to get my sewing guru aunt to help me with the lining...I need it not just for the "finished" look but for my multitude of seaming sins.

Casey

wildforyarn
03-09-2005, 11:29 PM
Casey, I love it! Did you follow a pattern or make up your own?

knittergirl
03-09-2005, 11:41 PM
Thanks so much!!! Yes, I did follow a pattern (although I did play with it a bit):

http://www.coatsandclark.com/fun_and_free/knit_out_2003/lw1370.htm

It used the exact same yarn that was on clearance, Red Heart Grande. (I think it was $1.90.) I may have to go back to the craft store and grab a few more skeins because it was really quick and easy to knit.

brookenic
03-10-2005, 12:20 AM
I made this in blue also.
:thumbsup: They were gifts and each mom loved them. :cheering:

brookenic
03-10-2005, 12:27 AM
The white one is my first scarf, I gave it to my nephew. The second one was for my hubby. :inlove: I'm gonna get fancier with my next project. ~Brooke

brightspot
03-10-2005, 04:27 AM
Casey, I love the purse. I have been looking for something like that in the stores. What kind of yarn did you use?

knittergirl
03-10-2005, 10:06 AM
Thanks Shawna,

I used Red Heart's Grande yarn. It's a bulky weight yarn, so it's really thick.
It's also 100% acrylic because I'm allergic to wool. :( It's pretty soft, though.

Casey

brightspot
03-10-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm a firm believer in acrilic. I have tried wool, but no one in my family will wear it. Half of us have ecsema so that may have something to do with it. The purse is great.

knittergirl
03-10-2005, 01:57 PM
I understand...all the females in my family are allergic (some severely) to wool so I usually don't work in wool at all. The only exception is with the BF, whose a police officer, so I'll make him hats that are a wool-acrylic blend so he'll be warm. I'll itch to death while knitting them, but he's kinda worth it. :inlove:

perced
03-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Just finished two projects. This is the second time I did the scarf. The first time it was too wide and too short, now it is just right. The baby tunic is from knitty.com. It turned out really cute.

brightspot
03-11-2005, 01:56 AM
Perced, I love, love, love the baby tunic. I like everything about it. Too bad my girls are too old for something like that.

KellyK
03-11-2005, 08:15 AM
OMG that tunic is the cutest thing Ive ever seen in my life!

perced
03-11-2005, 12:00 PM
I fell in love with the tunic when I saw it on Knitty. I decided to make it before I had anyone to make it for. My kids are 9 & 13 and everyone pregnent I knew just had boys. Two weeks ago I found out my cousin is having a girl & her shower is this weekend. Lucky timing.

ekgheiy
03-11-2005, 12:09 PM
I understand...all the females in my family are allergic (some severely) to wool so I usually don't work in wool at all. The only exception is with the BF, whose a police officer, so I'll make him hats that are a wool-acrylic blend so he'll be warm. I'll itch to death while knitting them, but he's kinda worth it. :inlove:

You lucky girl! :rollseyes: *sigh*

square
03-12-2005, 03:36 PM
Wow, there are so many cool things people have been making here. It's such an inspiration to see what others have been making -- and adds to my already way-too-long list of things I want to make.

Here are the most recent pictures I have (from about a month ago). The first is a hat I made for myself from instructions in a knitting magazine. I keep looking for the perfect hat design for myself as I have a sensitive head and hats tend to bother me. This one came out so-so.

The second is a Moebius scarf made using Cat Bordhi's method presented in "A Treasury of Magical Knitting."

The third is an outfit I made for my baby daughter based on a pattern from Dale of Norway (http://www.dale.no/). The pants are exactly the same as the pattern, but I ended up altering the sweater pattern quite a bit. The hat she's wearing in the picture is based on the same pattern as the helmet hat I made for myself above, but with smaller needles and finer yarn. I think it turned out better than my hat. This is made with Dale Baby Ull.

Finally, I'm throwing in a pair of baby booties that I crocheted with some lettover Noro Kureyon that I had. They're really easy to make and stay on better than most baby socks.

Flappy
03-12-2005, 06:07 PM
A striped wool cap, hot off the needles. This is sport weight wool, knit with #4 needles-- the smallest sticks I've used so far.

By my quick calculation, there are over 5700 stitches in this hat. That's a lot of pulling loops through other loops, and I don't think I could ever have the patience for a sweater.

Also, I had the pleasure of knitting this on Addi Turbo needles. Wow. So smooth and easy.

Flappy
03-13-2005, 05:09 AM
And here's the baby version of the hat above. I used one of those super-soft baby synthetics as the baby blue, and the brown stripe was leftover yarn from my previous baby hats. I expect this one will fit more like a tight skull-cap than my previous baby hats.

It's a *very* soft hat.

KellyK
03-13-2005, 11:36 AM
I love roll-brimmed hats...that's VERY cute, Flappy.

JessicaSant
03-13-2005, 03:36 PM
I just finished my first cabeled project -- well as long as "finished" means I still ahve to weave in all the ends... I hate that part. I'm pretty happy how it turned out!

My step mom bought me the GORGEOUS wool yarn Donegal Tweed, color 863, by Tahki yarns (http://www.tahkistacycharles.com/Yarns/yarns_detail.asp?CatID=1&ID=17&New=False&pg=14). It's a sleevless cable sweater from Vogue Knitting On the Go: Chunky knits (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/193154302X/).

KellyK
03-13-2005, 03:38 PM
SO pretty! CONGRATS!

What yarn did you use? Was it difficult?

carollovesyarn
03-14-2005, 04:59 AM
So many great projects! I don't know why I haven't posted til now. Free pattern (http://www.heartstringsfiberarts.com/bunny.shtm)

KellyK
03-14-2005, 08:45 AM
I swear I have NO good lightging in this house! :mad: This scarf & handbag are the REDDEST RED RED I have ever seen and are for my MIL, who loves red. Caron Jewelbox (Ruby) and Lion Fun Fur. Everything is VERY soft.

Jivewhistle
03-14-2005, 12:57 PM
So many neat things here!!! Jessica, WoW !!! That sweater is beautiful! I love the bunny carol, I'd like to make one of those sometime.

And KellyK....that red color is so beautiful!! I'm a big fan of red, as Ruby is my birthstone. Did you follow a pattern for the scarf? I can't wait to make a scarf with fun fur and something. I can't wait till I can make purses too, its so pretty! :XX:

KellyK
03-14-2005, 02:18 PM
And KellyK....that red color is so beautiful!! I'm a big fan of red, as Ruby is my birthstone. Did you follow a pattern for the scarf? I can't wait to make a scarf with fun fur and something. I can't wait till I can make purses too, its so pretty! :XX:

Thanks so much! I didnt use a pattern per se....the first scarf I ever made had ends like a man's necktie....I casted on with only one stich & increased every row until I had 12 st's across. I thought the scarf might look neat with more of a diagonal end, so for this, I just inc'd every other row. All I did was hold the 2 yarns together as one & knit in garter st.

As for the purse, also EASY EASY EASY! You basically just knit a block of stockinette st & then sew up the 2 sides! For this purse, I did the first and last 10 rows with the fun fur and the middle with just the caron jewelbox. I knit up some I-cord & sewed that into the tops of the side seams and VOILA! Cute and funky purse!

I've only been knitting for 2 months, so these really are beginners' projects.

Have fun!

Anne
03-14-2005, 02:19 PM
sweater, bunny, scarf & purse. They are all WOW!!!!! :thumbsup:

Good job ladies. Happy :XX:

JessicaSant
03-14-2005, 05:01 PM
oooo I wonder how that bunny would do if you made it bigger and then felted it! I like. Lots of people having babies that I know... and I'm not a fan of "booties" I like the bunny idea.

carollovesyarn
03-14-2005, 05:27 PM
oooo I wonder how that bunny would do if you made it bigger and then felted it! I like. Lots of people having babies that I know... and I'm not a fan of "booties" I like the bunny idea.
I haven't tried a felted one in my swatch bunny pattern, but jivewhistle posted another pattern link for a felted one here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=859).
Carol

amy
03-15-2005, 02:18 AM
WOW, I blink and all of the sudden there are all these great new pics! You gals have all been busy! :cheering:

Javede, love the bag!
Casey, great bag!
KellyK, love the pics; you know how to work the fun fur, gal. ;)
Flappy, you could start a business with all the hats you make! You really crank them out, wow! Love them all.
Brooknic, nice work!
OMG, Christine, your Anouk came out BEAUTIFULLY! :heart: That's my favorite baby pattern ever. ...If you all haven't seen the picture Knitty has of it on a baby, it's a must-see, adorable pic (http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring04/PATTanouk.html). Also, check out Kate Gilbert's other patterns (http://www.kategilbert.com/). Cute!

Square, wow, that baby outfit is incredible. Nice work!
Jessica, wow, your cable top came out GREAT!! :inlove:
Carollovesyarn, your bunny looks great! Love the color.

Amy

KellyK
03-15-2005, 08:38 AM
KellyK, love the pics; you know how to work the fun fur, gal. ;)

I am getting so tired of fun fur it isnt even funny. That's what everyone is ASKING me for!

I started knitting a basketweave dishcloth last night just to take a FunFur break!

GEESH I can't wait until my nice big fat plush rug cotton and Denises are finally delivered......does anyone have access to the butts of the USPS and, of so, would they kindly light a fire under them for me?????? :(

Jivewhistle
03-16-2005, 05:03 PM
KellyK, I think I will make a purse like yours soon. I need to go buy a dress/skirt thing for a wedding next month and I only have one purse right now and it's not spring-like. I hate buying purses since (usually) they're pricey. I wonder how a light blue or pink would look...or some other spring color. I can not find any good purse patterns that I like. Some of the felted ones are cool, but I don't want to try felted things just yet. Plus, my washer only has one temp..LOL....soooooo I'd have to spend an afternoon at a laundrymat. I really like the simplicity of your purse and its really cool!

I'll post a couple pics here of what I've finished so far.... The knit hat pattern is from here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=123)

KellyK
03-16-2005, 08:00 PM
KellyK, I think I will make a purse like yours soon. I really like the simplicity of your purse and its really cool!

Thanks so much!

It was the EASIEST thing in the universe, and it will really work with ANY yarn held together with fun fur...which is nice, because it is not always easy, Ive found, to match fun fur with every color. And, I used the needle size suggested on the non-fur yarn

What's the BEST is that the bag can be whatever size, length and/or width wise, that you want. I have made bags that are entirely covered in fun fur....on this one, I just knit a big rectangle with the top and bottom 10 rows held together with fun fur (and caron jewel box...a cheapo but VERY pretty acrylic chenille). Then I seamed up the sides, knit a jewel box I-cord, attached that to the inside seams, and VOILA!

Last, I liked the Caron yarn especially because the I-cord wasn't TOO stretchy, like it was with a wool-ease thick n quick one I made.

KellyK
03-16-2005, 08:01 PM
Oh..... :oops:
I just realized that I already talked about the purse above....
Why didnt somebody shut me up?? :shifty:

wildforyarn
03-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Kelly, you may have talked about the purse before, but did not give as much detail about the yarn you liked and disliked until the second post and that is always helpful as well. Don't worry about it! Oh, and did you get your package from UPS yet???

KellyK
03-16-2005, 10:14 PM
Oh, and did you get your package from UPS yet???

NO!!!! :wall:

Im waiting for TWO deliveries...one of the yarn, which is coming from Canada & they are telling me that ground service may take up to TWO WEEKS

And......I guess Denise was having some backorder issues & they just mailed my circulars off today. Those were sent priority mail, so I should have those by Friday.

I keep bugging our receptionist to see if there were any packages...she's gonna want to beat me with a stick soon, Im sure of it!

Mer
03-19-2005, 11:00 PM
I finally finished my tempting sweater from knitty (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTtempting.html)! :happydance:

The ribbon part didn't work out quite right, but I guess that's what I get for buying the cheapest ribbon I could find! I think I'll replace that part, but I'm pretty happy with the way the rest turned out! Sooo sick of K2P2 ribbing though.

carollovesyarn
03-20-2005, 12:09 AM
Wow Mer! Your sweater turned out beautiful!!! :heart: Does it fit well? Now I'm going to have to put it on my to-do list.

Carol

Mer
03-20-2005, 01:18 AM
Wow Mer! Your sweater turned out beautiful!!! :heart: Does it fit well? Now I'm going to have to put it on my to-do list.

Carol

Thanks! It does fit pretty well--I was afraid it would be too small but it's nice and stretchy. It's a pretty easy sweater, just a big tube with sleeves, basically!

Nicoley
03-20-2005, 12:50 PM
I finally finished my tempting sweater from knitty (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTtempting.html)! :happydance:

The ribbon part didn't work out quite right, but I guess that's what I get for buying the cheapest ribbon I could find! I think I'll replace that part, but I'm pretty happy with the way the rest turned out! Sooo sick of K2P2 ribbing though.

wow... VERY pretty!! :inlove: i love it!!

KellyK
03-21-2005, 12:53 AM
Here are the Jester Baby Hat (http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babyjester.htm) and Booties I made for a preggo friend at work. Im in the middle of a "neverending" blanket to match! Lion Brand Watercolors (http://www.lionbrand.com/yarns/watercolors.htm), color "Waterlily"

perced
03-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Here are the Jester Baby Hat (http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babyjester.htm) and Booties I made for a preggo friend at work. Im in the middle of a "neverending" blanket to match! Lion Brand Watercolors (http://www.lionbrand.com/yarns/watercolors.htm), color "Waterlily"

I made that hat right after Christmas for our new nephew. I used boboli from ggh. The yarn was a bit snaggy even on my addi turbos.

ekgheiy
03-21-2005, 12:55 PM

Beautiful, Mer!! That didn't take long at all :thumbsup: I know what you mean about being sick of K2P2. When I made my purple sweater, I was so sick of K3P1! :lol:

javede
03-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Uhhh! The tempting is sooo tempting!
I've been eyeing this one for some time, but haven't started yet, cause I'm on a yarn diet....

The hats are sweet too. I so want to knit this for my cousin, but my mum doesn't like them.... Next winter I'll just ask my aunt what she thinks...

foothills
03-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Here is a photo of a bunny I did for my 17 month old Grandson (I bought a back-up in case it ended up looking like a doggy! My husband said he looked like a football player...he is a little plump, but then, I'm definitely NOT a seamstress!! Happy Easter!

Joyce

yarnpiggy
03-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Hi everyone! I began knitting in September 2004 and so far have just done a bunch of scarves and a couple hats. I am absolutely obsessed with knitting!

I just finished this bag last week--my first try at knitting with beads. I really love how it turned out! :D

KellyK
03-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Thanks so much, Christine! I LOVE the colors you used for your hat!

I forgot to add that I gave it a roll-up brim instead of a ribbed one.

CUTE bunny! CUTE beaded purse!

VictoiseC
03-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Some really nice things here. Love the jester hats, the black sweater is so pretty! And that red bag is fabulous. I've been wanting to try a beaded project and a bag is perfect, hope it's not too hard.
And I LOVE BUNNIES!

I forgot to post the very first projects I finished. The ribbon scarf was my return to knitting and it wasn't easy stuff to work with. A woman I know sells these for $75 in the village (NY) but then, she's surrounded by celebs and richies.

The big mohair was from odds and ends. Very warm. I'm going to add some bobbles to make it more interesting.

The hat was cheap yarn but it's very very warm.i

VictoiseC
03-22-2005, 12:41 PM
By the way Kelly, have you heard of Picasa? It's a photo program free from Google. It's really amazing because if your picture is too dark, it will brighten it up. I just did it and it's amazing to watch.
You might want to try it. Let me know if you need any info on it. It's a great program.

amy
03-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Great hats, and purse! Love all the new pics!

Mer, that sweater looks GREAT!! congrats! :cheering:

Amy

Mer
03-23-2005, 05:38 PM
Thanks everyone for your nice comments about my sweater! :blush:

It really didn't take too long, but as it was my first big project, it seemed like it took a really really long time! Now I just need to find a nice occasion to wear it. :D

KellyK
03-23-2005, 09:54 PM
By the way Kelly, have you heard of Picasa? It's a photo program free from Google. It's really amazing because if your picture is too dark, it will brighten it up. I just did it and it's amazing to watch.
You might want to try it. Let me know if you need any info on it. It's a great program.

I didnt know my pics were dark.... :verysad:

VictoiseC
03-24-2005, 10:22 AM
kelly, I don't think they're dark! I was responding to your comment "I swear I have no good lighting in this house" when you posted the red scarf picture... thought you might like to play with the pictures using Picasa... c'est tout! :D

KellyK
03-25-2005, 10:43 PM
Oh...thanks, Vic! I totally forgot that I said that! What I really need to do it take my pictures upstairs instead of my basement...there's more natural light up there!

gardenia
03-27-2005, 01:00 PM
OK, here's my most recent project. It turned out a bit large, but it is for my Dad, so he didn't seem to mind. :-) I know it's not fancy, but it was quick and easy. Happy bunny day to all! Deb

KellyK
03-27-2005, 01:42 PM
NICE JOB, Deb! It's so even!

KellyK
03-27-2005, 08:24 PM
I almost forgot....I finally got the pic from my SIL of my niece in the hat & scarf I made for her. It was my first hat & I made a smaller one for her baby doll to match.

Rennagayle
03-27-2005, 11:51 PM
Kelly, when I was finally able to tear my eyes away from that adorable baby, I could see that the hat and scarf set is really nice. :thumbsup:

Gardenia, I like your hat. Can you tell me what yarn you used?

KellyK
03-28-2005, 12:12 AM
Kelly, when I was finally able to tear my eyes away from that adorable baby, I could see that the hat and scarf set is really nice. :thumbsup:

Thank you SO much....Ella is SUCH a joy....she's 17 months old, absolutely FEARLESS (anything new just makes her LAUGH and LAUGH), she is happiest when there are lots of people around, she loves to dance, and she LOVES her Auntie Kelly and Uncle Al. :heart: Couldn't ask for more!

Rennagayle
03-28-2005, 12:15 AM
What a shame her Aunt Kelly doesn't think much of her. :rollseyes: :mrgreen:

Seeing her reminds me of my dd when she was that age, and makes me want to squeeze her. My dd is now 21, and far away in Germany. They grow up far too fast. :crying:

KellyK
03-28-2005, 12:23 AM
Of COURSE not....she's not spoiled rotten AT ALL. :shifty: Can't help it...she's our miracle baby! My SIL & I both have polycystic ovaries, making it VERY unlikely that either of us would EVER get pregnant....well, here's Ella! :inlove: Vicarious parenthood has turned out to be very nice.

And, re: your DD, that makes me wanna squeeze YOU! Must be SO hard to be so far away from your BABY!

Rennagayle
03-28-2005, 12:31 AM
Kelly, I'm so sorry about your condition, but it's so neat that you are able to share that sweet little one with your sis. Is that you holding her, or your sis?

Thank God for cheap long distance these days. At least I get to talk to my dd anytime I want. Sometimes, I may go days of not hearing from her, then other times, I may hear from her half a dozen times in an hour. Of course, that's when she's trying a new dish and needs Mom's advice. That won't last long, though, 'cause she's already a better cook then her Mama. :mrgreen:

Anyhoo, your sweet little neice makes a lovely model for your creations, not to mention an inspiration for doing them, I'm sure. :D

KellyK
03-28-2005, 12:49 AM
Kelly, I'm so sorry about your condition, but it's so neat that you are able to share that sweet little one with your sis. Is that you holding her, or your sis?

Oh, not to worry.....thanks for the thoughts, though! DH & I went through a hard time a few years back, waking up to a thermometer, dealing with pretty intense emotions & financially supporting the home pregnancy test industry, but what will be, will be (or wont, as is turns out!). We still have lots of :heart: , 3 great pooches and a niece that we adore!

That is me....my sis-in-law took the picture. :mrgreen:

gardenia
03-28-2005, 01:26 AM
Gardenia, I like your hat. Can you tell me what yarn you used?

Thanks. The yarn is Patons, Classic Wool Merino in Natural Marl. I had never used it before, and it was wonderful to work with. I think I got it at Michaels. If you're interested, the hat pattern is from a book called Knit Hats, edited by Gwen Steege. It is shaped like a hat!

Rennagayle
03-28-2005, 03:00 AM
Thanks, Gardenia. I love the natural look of that yarn. I've not worked with anything but acrylics yet, as that's all I have available locally. As soon as I get a tad more comfortable with what I'm doing, I plan to order some natural fibers yarn online somewhere. It's something to look forward to! :D

Kelly, I did think that looked like you holding your neice, but thought perhaps you and your sis could look an awfully lot alike, as some sis's do. :)

oshnpashn
03-28-2005, 02:30 PM
Wow, everyone has such great stuff!!! You all make me want to do nothing but knit......uh wait, that's all I want to do anyway! :lol:

Julie
03-28-2005, 04:09 PM
Here is a pic of my first sweater! :mrgreen: I took it before I sewed all the seams....I promise it's done now. (Except for the weaving! :rollseyes: )

Mer
03-28-2005, 06:13 PM
Great sweater julie--I love the color!

Here is my first felting project from this (http://www.magknits.com/warm04/patterns/sophie.htm) pattern. It was easy and fast, and the whole felting process was pretty cool to try!

I could only get a good picture outside, so here it is hanging by my door:

Julie
03-28-2005, 07:54 PM
Thanks! :mrgreen: I'm dying to try felting...but I'm a few projects away. Your bag looks great!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-28-2005, 09:36 PM
:heart: love that sweater color, Julie! Mer, your purse looks great!

As a side not, i love all the posts on here, I've just been lazy with responding, and since I don't have a digi cam to post my own stuff i'm feeling unvalidated (my problem, not you all's!) :|

amy
03-28-2005, 11:30 PM
Gardenia, I agree, nice even stitchwork on that hat! :thumbsup: Way to go, looks great. Julie, nice work!! Mer, nice bag!

KellyK what a cutie-pie niece you have! Oh yeah, nice knitting there, too. ;) I'm very into the nieces and nephews. That's where I get my kid-fix too. :thumbsup:

Amy

KellyK
03-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Thanks thanks thanks!

Debbie
03-29-2005, 11:06 PM
I just finished these projects for my sisters' April birthdays. I am the oldest so I know what is best for them. They NEED to learn how to knit. So, made matching knitting needles . I wrote go to knittinghelp.com on the back of the gift card (it matches too) with a promise to help them when we get together this summer.

Debbie
03-29-2005, 11:08 PM
I can not figure out how to put more than one picture in my post.

Debbie
03-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Green needles

Debbie
03-29-2005, 11:09 PM
blue needles

Debbie
03-29-2005, 11:11 PM
This was also supposed to be a pillow ... but it was to small for any of the ready made pillow forms .... now it is a needle holder!

Rennagayle
03-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Omigosh, that's the neatest thing I've seen in ages! Did you come up with that idea (decorating the needles) yourself? I'd be thrilled to receive a gift such as that, and I bet your sisters will, too. You are so talented and creative!!! :D

Debbie
03-30-2005, 12:25 AM
Thanks. Rennagayle ! Yes, the needles were my idea .... my husband says there are no small projects at my house :)

Rennagayle
03-30-2005, 01:20 AM
Well, if that doesn't inspire your sisters to want to learn to knit, nothing will! :thumbsup:

I really liked your gift card with the Proverbs scripture, too! :D

Jivewhistle
03-30-2005, 01:57 AM
Debbie, I :heart: LOVE :heart: LOVE :heart: LOVE that pillow and the needles are awesome. I would be thrilled to get such a gift as well. That is so cool. I might have to ask you for that pillow pattern soon. I'm all about making a pillow.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
03-30-2005, 11:29 AM
Wow those mini needles are the cutest things!!! Amy, you should give Debbie LOTS of money to make those....... you can put the web address on the side and include them with people's tshirt orders!!!

kemp
03-30-2005, 11:34 AM
amigarabita,

I love your shrug! Did you have a pattern or just make it up?

kemp
03-30-2005, 11:53 AM

Wow...I love your sweater! Would it be totally insane to undertake that pattern as a beginner?

kemp
03-30-2005, 11:57 AM
I can not figure out how to put more than one picture in my post. Debbie, those needle bags are so cool! Is there a pattern for that or did you make it up? Either way, willing to share? :D

Debbie
03-30-2005, 08:07 PM
Kemp, I LOVE to share! I posted the pattern for the pillow and the needle bags on the Pattern Central forum. And I figured out how to not make the pictures GIANT size. For the needle bags, I just stitched a rectangle that was long enough and wide enough for the needles, folded it over and seamed the side and bottom, then emblished.

Mer
03-31-2005, 12:18 AM

Wow...I love your sweater! Would it be totally insane to undertake that pattern as a beginner?

It's not too hard of a pattern--it was my first sweater, and I didn't have any big issues. You do have to know how to:

knit in the round with circular needles
knit in the round with double pointed needles
do k2p2 ribbing
do simple increases and decreases (yo and k2tog)

That's all! So if you can do these, you're good to go! And if not, check out Amy's videos and practice these things a bit--they're not difficult once you catch on. I've only been knitting about 2 months myself (well, except for some knitting I did about 15 years ago, but that doesn't really count).

Good luck! :XX:

kemp
03-31-2005, 02:48 PM
thanks! I'm putting it on my list! :)

KellyK
03-31-2005, 09:15 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
I finished my double-knit hat!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Sara
04-01-2005, 12:54 AM
Congratulations! The hat is faboo, dahling!

kemp
04-01-2005, 04:36 PM
Well, I just finished my first ever knitting project :XX: ...YAY! I learned last week from Amy's videos. I am still working on a baby blanket, but I was too anxious to try felting to wait. It was way easier than I imagined...even making a bag with a bottom. I winged it on the clasp...I even tried Amy's buttonhole video...funny about the clasp...it didn' t shrink nearly as much as the bag...it only went about 3/4 of the way down pre felting, I think it is actually longer now! I'll remember that for future reference. Anyway, once it has stuff in it I think it will be fine. FYI for beginner felters...I measured it before and after just so I will have an idea of what to expect on other projects. This was knit on Lopi Bulky 1 skein. Before felting it was 9 1/2 x 9 x4 now it is 6 1/2 x 6 x 3. It is drying on a 1 lb pasta box :) The strap I made about 51" long, now it is about 39" Seems like a 1/3 shrink...is this consistent with your experience with felting? I know it probably varies by yarn too...

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-01-2005, 04:42 PM
kemp i LOVE it!!!!!!! I LOVE the clasp-thingy too! Did you use a pattern, or make it up? :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

midnightskyfibers
04-01-2005, 04:51 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/midnightskyfibers/laceangora.gif
and
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/midnightskyfibers/cableangora.gif
are my 2 most recent projects that have been small enough to take pics of (err...scan. my digi cam is currently rebeling...)
as well as this:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/midnightskyfibers/cablecable.gif which is the prototype for a coin purse.
These are all for kits im putting together...
And while we are at it, some yarns. not exactly knitting related, but pretty: (these are all ones ive handpsun)
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/midnightskyfibers/swatch-2.gifhttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/midnightskyfibers/e4_1_b.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/midnightskyfibers/garden2.gif
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/midnightskyfibers/yellowfeather.gifhttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/midnightskyfibers/rosehill.gifhttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/midnightskyfibers/purity.gif

kemp
04-01-2005, 04:51 PM
thank you so much :blush: I like it too...good spring color.

I did use a pattern for the bag part, but it was SUPER EASY. Its all in knit stitch, make the bottom from rows of knit to size. When bottom was finished, I binded (?) bound (?) whatever it off. Then you just pick up stitches around the edges of it, same number as number of rows along side and number of stitches long. Then it just said to knit for about 8"tall in the round. It was supposed to be a tote, but I did a long strap intead, i cord with 4 rows of ST 7 stitches long then decrease to 5 and begin i cord, end the same way and sew on straps. The clasp thingie...with the yarn I had left over I just CO 7 then knit until I thought it was long enough. Then I used Amy's video to do a button hole, then knit another row of 7 and began decreasing both sides each row. It looked a little goofy before felting, but it ended up about how I thought...except it acutally got longer! It seemed like a lot for 1 skein of Lopi for $6, but I know the "cool" yarn stores that is about normal! However, they had so many good colors in this yarn and it is the whole thing for $6 so I think that ins't too bad :)

kemp
04-01-2005, 04:54 PM
midnightsky: Cool cables. Can't wait to try that sometime. LOVE the yarns you've spun. Did you dye them too?

midnightskyfibers
04-01-2005, 05:01 PM
yep i dye most of my yarn now. the yarn is an angora/wool blend that i corespun after i had blended it. i dye most of my own stuff now since im pretty sensitive to a lot of chemicals used in the dyinging process (plus they arent vegetarain or very environmentally freindly, 2 things i feel very srongly about!)

kemp
04-01-2005, 05:03 PM
where do you find dyes like that? I just got a pound of natural bulky yarn I would like to dye in about 3-4 coordinating colors.

midnightskyfibers
04-01-2005, 05:09 PM
food dyes are going to be your best bet, and they are friendly towards animals and you (ie you dont need to wear a mask to dye them!). anything from easter egg dyes- i bet you can get them on sale right now-, to food coloring, to cake decorating dyes. I ussually use Wilton's, a cake dye, since i love its colors. jsut make sure to do some tests first.

kemp
04-01-2005, 05:12 PM
thanks for the info! If I want to do the cake, easter egg or food coloring, do I need to add anything to make it colorfast and permanent?

midnightskyfibers
04-01-2005, 05:40 PM
yep, unless you are doing koolaid, you will need a mordant. i use a splash of white vinegar and have never had any problems.

amourbliss
04-04-2005, 12:31 AM
my 1st ever complete knit is a cell phone cozy/purse!!! It's quite big just for my phone so I put cash and my IDs in there as well!!

KellyK
04-04-2005, 12:33 AM
GREAT job!!! Do you spin your own bathroom tissue as well? :rofling:

amy
04-04-2005, 01:16 AM
Well, I just finished my first ever knitting project :XX: ...YAY! I learned last week from Amy's videos.

:heart: That sure does make me proud, Kemp, to see the very first knitting project, from someone who learned from my videos! I feel all the more like I sat down in person and showed you! That's so cool! :happydance:

Nice job on the purse! That's neat that you went into Felting, right away! I've thought about recommending that for a first project; because the mistakes are hidden in felting, and it's neat to have such a nice looking finished object! Hmmmm, I think I'll recommend such a project from now on! WTG!

Amourbliss, how clever! I like the little loopy thing on the end of the flap. Cute! Looks like it could go around a button (is that the point?), but I like how it looks without one too.

Amy

amourbliss
04-04-2005, 01:26 AM
GREAT job!!! Do you spin your own bathroom tissue as well? :rofling:

Lol, boy do i wish i did!!! :happydance: I'd be rich...the toilet paper my school provides sucks!!! cottonell rocks :cheering:

After I finished binding off I had a weird piece left on so I ended up tying it in a knot like that (can't really remember how) and I thought of using it aqs a button closure but I couldn't find any!!! :heart:

Julie
04-04-2005, 01:26 AM
Congrats Kemp on your first finished project!! :mrgreen:

And woo hoo! Here's my seven day sweater, completely finished...weaving and everything!! I wish the photo showed the color of the yarn better....it looks kind of blah, but in real life it's such a pretty blue. ;)

kemp
04-04-2005, 09:04 AM
Thanks Julie.

I really like the sweater! I just watched a "knitty gritty yesterday (now I know I have really become a little "knitting Knuts") about spinning. Very interesting. Do you have your own animals too? How long did the knitting part take? I like the idea of using that kind of gague for a sweater so it goes a little faster!

Julie
04-04-2005, 03:42 PM
Nope...no animals here :mrgreen:

I bought the yarn last Monday and finished the knitting part on Sunday afternoon. I spent probably 1-2 hours knitting every day -- hard to tell when you are interrupted as often as I am! :rollseyes: I should point out that it's a baby sweater -- 6 month size according to the pattern. It's about 12 inches high. :mrgreen: I'm waaaaay too impatient to make anything adult-sized yet!!

benniesma
04-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Here's my most recently finished project. A hat for my dad. It was my first hat and I think it came out pretty nice. I had trouble tying off the end the first time around, so when I tried it on it unraveled! :?? Second time was a charm and he's loving it (I hope!). And that's my DH modeling, not my dad!

It's the J.Crew style hat, which is a free pattern link on this site.

Danielle_Thomas
04-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Debbie- I LOVE your knit needle bags!!! Such a GREAT idea!

knitqueen
04-05-2005, 03:36 PM
I just finished this hooded vest for my niece last night. It is 100% cotton - my first cotton knitting experience and I hated it :( I found it so difficult to work with - not sure why. I guess because it doesn't really have much "give" to it. But now that it's finished it seems to have A LOT of give and I worry that it will lose its shape. Anyways, it turned out cute and I'm sure she'll wear it lots. My one year old model (my son Owen, poor kid! haha :lol: ) was unwilling this morning so I went with my petite 3 year old model (my son Levi). Here ya go!

:XX:

KellyK
04-05-2005, 03:38 PM
GREAT JOB, Ben!

feministmama
04-05-2005, 04:44 PM
I just finished this hooded vest for my niece last night. It is 100% cotton - my first cotton knitting experience and I hated it :( I found it so difficult to work with - not sure why. I guess because it doesn't really have much "give" to it. But now that it's finished it seems to have A LOT of give and I worry that it will lose its shape. Anyways, it turned out cute and I'm sure she'll wear it lots. My one year old model (my son Owen, poor kid! haha :lol: ) was unwilling this morning so I went with my petite 3 year old model (my son Levi). Here ya go!

:XX:

This soooooo cute! Your boy has a face with a lot of character. And he likes posing, get him inot mdeling, save money for college. And What is this pattern?

knitqueen
04-06-2005, 01:25 AM
This soooooo cute! Your boy has a face with a lot of character. And he likes posing, get him inot mdeling, save money for college. And What is this pattern?

Thanks for the compliment - my boy is a cutie if I don't say so myself! :cheering:

Here's a link to the pattern:
http://www.bernat.com/data/pattern/pdf/instruction_274.pdf

And here's a link that shows a picture:
http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=274

It is rated "intermediate", not sure why, it was very straight forward, although it did involve some picking up of stitches.

Julie
04-07-2005, 03:04 PM
I just finished this cute flappy hat to go with my sweater!!

Done, with 21 days to spare!! (baby shower on the 28th) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://home.comcast.net/~joy_sg/landon_set_sm.jpg

brookenic
04-07-2005, 03:47 PM
Julie that is just adorable. Where did you find the hat pattern?
Nice Job :thumbsup: ~Brooke

Julie
04-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Thanks! I'm so happy with it! :mrgreen: The hat pattern is from Knitting for Baby...same book as the sweater...I modified it a little though. It called for the ties and flaps to be knit in garter stitch, but I thought stockinette matched the sweater better.

If I could do it over again, too, I would change the way the flaps are attached....the pattern called for binding them off and then sewing them on at the end....but seems to me that it would have been much simpler to put them on holders and knit them in as I was casting on for the main part of the hat. KWIM?

VictoiseC
04-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Wow, I forgot to come in here for a while and have I ever missed a lot! (esp that sweet picture of Kelly & niece!)

I just have to thank Debbie B for showing this fantastic idea. I've seen knitted needle holders but they didn't inspire me much. Been wanting to make a sewn one like Amy did, and the one in Sn'B but I'm not sure I can figure it out. (maybe, one day)

But those holders are REALLY SUPER! So much fun to look at and touch, the colours are fantastic. I have a lot of leftover yarn laying around so I'm going to try that. Beautiful idea too, for your sisters, the little needles and the card. My two sisters sure should learn to knit... I won't even go into it though!

Thanks! :inlove:

Debbie
04-07-2005, 07:48 PM
:blush: Vic, thank you for your kind words !

VictoiseC
04-08-2005, 09:08 AM
Can't wait to make one Debbie! :D

KellyK
04-08-2005, 08:13 PM
A picture says a thousand words.....

Julie
04-08-2005, 10:42 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~joy_sg/rofl.gif

Nice job, Kelly! :thumbsup:

KellyK
04-09-2005, 12:04 AM
hee hee! :shifty:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-09-2005, 01:00 AM
sheesh KK how many times are you going to post that thing???? go put it to some use why don't cha!!!!!!

benniesma
04-09-2005, 09:10 AM
Kelly, so glad you posted that pic! I told my DH about weenie warmers and I don't think he really believed me! Now there's photographic evidence. :lol:

VictoiseC
04-10-2005, 01:16 PM
:cheering: That is HILARIOUS Kelly.

My DH just came over to look at it... said "well it could be TINY, you can't tell from the picture!"

Of course he also said the other day re this subject:

"You wouldn't be able to afford all the yarn you'd need for mine."

Yeah, right. :rollseyes:

KellyK
04-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Shall I take a picture next to something to show scale? Maybe Howie? I can say he's a GREAT DANE and then it will REALLY look huge! :rofling:

foldedbird
04-10-2005, 09:16 PM
Got a cucumber? Eggplant?

KellyK
04-10-2005, 09:38 PM
:rofling: :rofling: :rofling: :rofling: :rofling:

Fernwood
04-10-2005, 10:03 PM
My first official FO! We have a brand new baby next-door, so I started this last Sunday (after the news and a hasty trip to LYS) and finally finished Friday evening. The yarn is called Candy, from Artful Yarns. It's a mostly cotton blend, with enough other stuff to be stretchy and easy to handle. The pattern for the hat is right on the label, though I did knit it around instead of flat--my first DPN experience.

KellyK
04-10-2005, 10:59 PM
PRETTY!

brightspot
04-11-2005, 12:18 AM
Fernwood-that is the prettiest hat.

gardenia
04-11-2005, 12:24 AM
My first official FO!
Wow, that's so cute! And the yarn is gorgeous. :thumbsup: Hard to believe that is your first project.

Fernwood
04-11-2005, 09:17 AM
Thank you for the very kind comments!
I've been fooling around with a long sampler that could be worn as a scarf, if anyone so desired, but the baby hat is the first thing I completed and gave away with the expectation that it could actually be used. Hats seem like the perfect project for me. I don't have much time for knitting and I like playing with stitch patterns better than shaping for a larger garment. I do love the hat yarn. I think it could be nice for a non-baby project, like a tank top, though a bit pricey. $7 for one 50g ball was no problem for a baby gift, but multiples of that for a bigger project sounds expensive! [Wait, didn't I just suggest that I should stick to hats?]

kemp
04-11-2005, 09:51 AM
Fern, your hat turned out great! I just started knitting something in 100% cotton and it is HARD to work with...never again. I definitly want to use a blend to give it a little stretch as you mentioned.

VictoiseC
04-11-2005, 10:11 AM
That is a really pretty hat. I've wanted to do a top thingy like that. Is that easy?

I'm working with a big cone of white cotton on circulars. I don't find cotton difficult at all! I like it in fact, now that the 'hot' weather is here.

KellyK
04-11-2005, 10:51 AM
That looks like I-cord tied in a knot to me.....

kemp
04-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Here is the felted bag I just finished today. It holds a LOT of yarn! I think it will make a cute knitting bag for now until I make the bigger one I really want. I used Kimmie's instructions (thanks Kimmie!!! :cheering: ) for the twisted cord instead of doing an i cord. I really like it and it took WAY less time. Couple of things though 1) Make the cord longer than you think you need (DUH!! :doh: ) and 2) consider felting the handle while attached to the bag. Any thoughts on the second comment? I wonder if it would still come out as "uniform" looking after felting...i.e what if one side of the bag shrunk more and threw off the handle length??

On a different note, got the yarn I have been waiting for. I originally thought a summer tank might be good, but now I wonder if I really have enough and if it will be cool enough (deal on ebay I couldn't pass up). 250grams, 350 yards...45% merino wool, 49% microfiber, 6% cashmere. What do you think? Maybe I should wait and use it for a winter project?

kemp
04-11-2005, 11:32 AM
How do you attach 2 pics at once??? :)

amy
04-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Nice hat Benniesma!

KnitQueen, I love the green kid's vest! Nice job! Yeah, I'm not a big fan of knitting with cotton either; it just doesn't behave the way I like.

Julie, I love that baby sweater and hat set! Great color, and nice job!

KellyK, that's a riot. :rofling:

Nice baby hat Fern! You're first finished object, eh? Nice work!!

Nice bag Kemp! To attach 2 pictures, first browse for the first pic and click "add attachment." That will reload the post and give you a space to then browse for and add another pic/attachment.

Amy

Fernwood
04-11-2005, 01:12 PM
That is a really pretty hat. I've wanted to do a top thingy like that. Is that easy?

I'm working with a big cone of white cotton on circulars. I don't find cotton difficult at all! I like it in fact, now that the 'hot' weather is here.
Thanks. I did the hat on DPNs and decreased to 9 stitches for the cord at the top. At that point I just knit the 9 st around on three DPNs until it was long enough. I'm not sure what the definition of I-cord is and I'm not sure that the way I knit it was quite the way Amy shows in the video, but the cord on the hat was easy enough to do. The orginal pattern was to knit flat, including the 9 st length at the top, but I thought it would look that much nicer without a seam and I'm glad I did it around, for the experience.

I'd like to do a hat for my own son next. However, his head is considerably bigger and, at almost 10 yo, I don't think he wants an umbilical cord/topknot!

Julie
04-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Miss Dashwood (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTmissdashwood.html), sans ear flaps (haven't finished those yet!):

http://home.comcast.net/~joy_sg/dashwood.jpg

I learned a LOT knitting this. It was hard as rocks and my bobbles are pretty wonky, but I was so freaking excited to finish it and have it look somewhat like it is supposed to! :happydance:

brookenic
04-12-2005, 12:17 AM
I :heart: that hat. It's adorable. Good Work :thumbsup: ~Brooke

rebecca
04-13-2005, 12:53 AM
I :heart: all of your projects!! I have not taken pics of all of my projects (and I could kick myself for that!!) but I do have a few. I have never tried to post pics, either...but...I'm gonna give it a try....here goes...

rebecca
04-13-2005, 12:54 AM
I didn't know that the pictures were going to be so HUGE!!!

KellyK
04-13-2005, 01:20 AM
OMG, Rebecca! That leopard scarf is SO COOL!

rebecca
04-13-2005, 01:33 AM
thanks, kelly!! my sister asked for a scarf (with a leopardy design) to match the coat (it's not leopardy, but the colors match!!) that she bought to take on her ski trip this past march. sooo....i just made it up as i went along!! my sis loves it...and she said it's VERY WARM!! i had loads of fun making :XX: it!!

Sara
04-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Rebecca, how clever are you! That scarf is great. You could publish that pattern, it's so cute and easy looking.

And Julie, I just wish I had a baby to force into that hat. I am SO glad DH is out of town...

VictoiseC
04-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Fernwood, thanks for the instructions on the top of that hat!
I appreciate it!

Nice new pix in here, boy have I been lazy!

Btw a joke from my husband you may or may not have heard before:

Mr. P says:

Willie Warmers come in 3 sizes:

Small

Medium and...

LIAR

:D

rebecca
04-13-2005, 02:00 PM
:rofl: Okay...that's too funny!!
Thanks, I'm very happy and humbled that ya'll like my scarf :blush:
I really enjoy a site like this where u can look at what others have done!! It certainly gives me inspiration!! Keep it coming!!

foldedbird
04-13-2005, 02:16 PM
LOL Vic!!!

KellyK
04-13-2005, 03:06 PM
a joke from my husband you may or may not have heard before:
Mr. P says:
Willie Warmers come in 3 sizes:
Small
Medium and...
LIAR :D

Let's not forget
"You have GOT to be kidding me!"

:rofling: :rofling: :rofling: :rofling: :rofling:

Fernwood
04-13-2005, 03:34 PM

Victoise,
By the way, I've looked at the pattern again and it says to knit the cord part to 3". I know I did a teeny bit more (prob ~3.25") and found it barely long enough to tie. Of course, it would probably be completely different with different yarn anyway....

javede
04-14-2005, 05:34 AM
I've finally completed my new purse named sturd, cause it's so stury :lol:

I also have some more finished projects on my blog AND the pattern for the purse.

KellyK
04-14-2005, 07:08 AM
OMG, Javede, you make the most BEAUTIFUL things! :notworthy:

Danielle_Thomas
04-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Julie- your hat is so pretty!

Rebecca- you are a fantastic knitter! I agree- you should publish your pattern for the scarf!!!

Javede- I love all of your bags!!!

rebecca
04-14-2005, 07:42 PM
Beautiful purse!!! I've only made one purse..a felted one from the S&B book and it looked very cool....u have inspired me to make more purses...thanks...hopefully mind will turn out as well as yours.
Okay .... a serious question...a couple of you said that u think that I should publish my scarf pattern...are u for real? Do u think it's that good? I wrote to knitpicks and sent in the pattern for my loopy socks, but thought about doing the scarf but didn't. I've never submitted a pattern for publication consideration before...so, help please!! The way I read the guidlelines (found on knitpicks.com under designer guidelines) is that I have to write the pattern, which is no problem bc I wrote it down as I made it up....then it states that someone has to test the pattern and that sounds like I would have to get somebody to make the scarf by using my pattern...is this correct? Now, this may present a problem because I can't afford to pay somebody to do that! I could maybe furnish the yarn (if it's an inexpensive one like I used)...but then I'm sure that I couldn't afford to buy the needles bc I used addi turbos that my MIL gave me as a gift (love, love, love addi's...but I can't afford them... :heart: love my MIL!!) Then there's the school of thought that maybe a fellow knitter would do it all for nothing (including the yarn). I don't want to sound like a cheapskate but I'm disabled (at 46 :( ) and live on a fixed income and have to really save for an expenditure like this...
I'm hoping that I would be able to improve the duplicate st leapord spots that are on the scarf in the pictue.
Please....give me your honest opinions asap!!
Again...thanks so much for your encouragement...I am :notworthy: and :oops:
Thank you, friends :XX: :XX:

KellyK
04-14-2005, 07:51 PM
I dont know about the publication guidelines & so on, but DONT CHANGE THOSE SPOTS!!!! THEY ARE SOOOO AWESOME! They are my favorite part! I cant imagine they'd need improving! AND, you make the most PERFECT pom-pons Ive ever seen!

rebecca
04-14-2005, 08:03 PM
Wow... :blush: :oops: , thanks so much...I'm gonna try the publishing route, I think. I just pmed amy to ask her to remove the partial directions that i put on the site bc I've been told that no part of the pattern should appear anywhere!!
So....who's gonna be a test knitter?!
Help, help, help
LOL, from what I found out when I submitted my sock pattern..it takes several weeks for knitpicks to say whether they r interested or not...then I have to repeat the item in their yarn and then get someone else to read the pattern and see if it's clear...but I'm still not clear as to whether someone else actually has to knit it...I will email knitpicks again and ask, the reply I got before wasn't crystal clear...it sounded as if a knitter just had to read the pattern...which would be great!
But...since I'm disabled I'm not at liberty to go places to ask people to test knit the pattern...it's all going to have to be done online.
Again...thank u for your praises...I feel so humbled!! I just started knitting last june!!

benniesma
04-14-2005, 08:05 PM
Fern - that hat is fabulous! I love that yarn. What pretty colors.

Rebecca - that leopard scarf is gorgeous! I can't believe you just winged it and it came out so awesome! ( :oops: not that you aren't capable of that. Obviously you are! Just thinking that I'm definitely not!)

KellyK
04-14-2005, 08:31 PM
Rebecca, you can edit your own posts if you want.....you will find an EDIT button at the top of anything you posted.

rebecca
04-15-2005, 02:37 AM
:cheering: Thanks Kelly...i found and edited the texts...lol...now i have to pm amy so that she won't think I'm completely crazy bc i had already asked her to remove some of it...lol! Not that I thought anyone would 'steal' the pattern or anything...i just thought of how that might have sounded...but the directions weren't even close to complete and...according to rules, no part of the directions can be anywhere in print (the way i read it, anyway!)
Before asking this again...yes...I will stoop to begging....i need several answers about the publication thing...should i...or should i not.
And...for those of u that have already said such nice things...thank u so much...i can't really express how good that makes me feel bc I've never had anybody (outside of the family) compliment my knitting so much!! It really does make u feel like you've accomplished something good when the praises come from fellow kniters!! :XX: :XX:
I've only been here a very few short days and I feel as tho I've been here for ever and am meeting great friends. Since I'm disabled I don't get out much...so this forum is going to be lots of fun for me!! :lol:

rebecca
04-15-2005, 02:44 AM
:thinking: and another thing....what do ya'll know about the 'testing' process of submitting a pattern for publication? If u r so inclined u can go to the knitpicks.com site and on the left side, down toward the middle there is a link for design guidelines....
And would anyone be willilng to test the pattern; whether that entails reading and/or knitting?!
I'm about to email knitpicks about it now....thanks :happydance:

foldedbird
04-15-2005, 12:11 PM
Love the bag! Where's mine?

gardenia
04-15-2005, 02:08 PM
Javede, Julie and Rebecca, everything is beautiful! :thumbsup:

amy
04-16-2005, 11:12 PM
Rebecca, WOW, that leopard scarf is SO COOL!!! I LOVE IT! :inlove: Wow, you made up the pattern?! I'm impressed!

You should have NO PROB getting that published, I'd say!.... Actually.... You know, come to think of it....

I'd really like to publish that here! I don't know what publishers pay. :?? Let me know what you'd like for it, and if I can do it I will! I'm serious! I'm putting together a for-sale patterns section, and I'd love to include that! It's sooo original, and nicely made!! I'm not planning on buying pattern-designs as a habit, but I don't know if I can resist that one! :inlove:

I agree with KellyK; those spots are AWESOME & the pompoms are PERFECT! I'll need another pic of it.....let's talk more via email! (I didn't get any PM's from you, by the way....:?? did you send them?) Don't worry about getting that pattern test-knit, if I publish it; I wouldn't require it for that particular pattern.

~~~

Nice hat Julie! That's the new Knitty baby hat pattern, right? Looks just like it! So cute!

Javede, that bag looks quite sturdy; and it's not felted? What was your trick? Hey, thanks for the KH link on your blog, BTW! :D

Amy

Nuno930
04-17-2005, 12:38 AM
Now, this may present a problem because I can't afford to pay somebody to do that!

Somehow I have a feeling that you could scrounge up a few volunteers to work with you :thumbsup:

javede
04-17-2005, 02:45 AM
Javede, that bag looks quite sturdy; and it's not felted? What was your trick? Hey, thanks for the KH link on your blog, BTW! :D

Your welcome[OT: One of my favourite english sentence]

The trick is the weaving stitch. Try it out with left-over yarn and compare it to plain stockinette. You'll be surprised :D

Sara
04-17-2005, 10:55 AM
I would never pass up javede's bag if I saw it in a store! I love it.

BTW, I would rather say "Bitte" than "You're welcome," it's so streamlined or concise or something.

Egeria
04-17-2005, 12:29 PM
Opps! Didn't see this thread!

I just finished a project and it's on my blog. See my rather overexcited post in this section of the forum!

KatyKoolkat
04-17-2005, 10:42 PM
I'm FINISHED!!! My hat is in a blue bernat satin yarn, and it is soooo soft, and for sizing purposes I tried it on an orange!! It fit a little big, so I may have to make some smaller. I will post a pic later if I can.
Katy

KellyK
04-18-2005, 12:21 AM
:cheering: YAYYY Katy!

rebecca
04-18-2005, 07:48 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :happydance: :happydance:
Good for u Katy!!! :thumbsup:

brendajos
04-18-2005, 10:31 AM
not sure it matters that it is elongated since the eyelash is so long on it. i didn't have any problems that i could see with funky loops that i had seen other people talking about on this one. however i did start another with a different type of thread and found the problem in there. :rollseyes:

so let's see if i can get this to post properly...having trouble making it small enough to post.

KellyK
04-18-2005, 11:23 AM
PRETTY!! That may be the most colorful scarf I have ever seen! Good job!

Julie
04-18-2005, 11:41 PM
I had some yarn left over from the hat and sweater I made for my friend's baby...so I thought I would give booties a stab. I'm not a huge fan of booties but the Zoe Mellor bootie book has the cuuuutest stuff in it. So I got it from the library and set out to see if I'd love knitting them, or hate it. (I think I'm still closer to the hate side of the spectrum.)

The Simple Shoe pattern seemed very, well, simple, and not too girly. Here it is flat:

http://home.comcast.net/~joy_sg/simpleshoe_flat.jpg

And here it is finished:

http://home.comcast.net/~joy_sg/bootie.jpg

My only problem? I ran out of yarn, so I can't make a second one. :wall:

KellyK
04-18-2005, 11:45 PM
Well, even if it IS just one, it's CUTE! I love clogs.

midnightskyfibers
04-19-2005, 01:58 AM
(love the shoe! looks soo comfy! im jealous!)

And for those people who asked, the kits for my angora yarn kts are now available! you can find them at http://www.midnightskyfibers.com/kit or http://www.dream-and-sugar.net

And what the kit looks like: (ahh i want to haord them away all for myself!)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/midnightskyfibers/kitview1.gif

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/midnightskyfibers/blue.gif

Julie
04-19-2005, 09:42 AM
Thanks!! I found a little more of the yarn this morning....so I can make a second bootie! :cheering:

VictoiseC
04-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Finally finished! :cheering: happy happy

I don't care if it will get dirty (like my dh said) I wanted a WHITE WHITE WHITE bag like I'm in Capri or something.

It stretches really big on the bottom and I finally figured out the Icord attachment. Well, it's a first so I'm proud if I do say so.
(This is like show and tell here)

I LOVE that slipper! Looks so funny when it's not sewn up. I want some!

P.S. Those are some mountains in the back eh?