PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for Brunswick Impression hand-dyed mohair

VictoiseC
03-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Hi hi.

Um, I just pulled out my Big Bag Stash and am looking for the next project. I found two skeins I've had a long time. It's discontinued Brunswick yarn, by Impressions. It's mohair and like, a soft heathery
raspberry/grape/gray mixture. I'm SICK of scarves. But since I only have 2 skeins... that's not enough for a sweater is it?

It says on the label this mohair is beautiful when knitted together with Impressions Wool to a gauge of... oh never mind that, I'm not much of a gauge person yet. Size #13 needles. Or alone on #9 needles.

Any suggestion for something beautiful? I will post a picture of it when my camera batteries are recharged. Tanks! V.

VictoiseC
03-02-2005, 02:33 PM
ha, just noticed the name of the colour of my yarn.

costa..... rica.....OMBRE! hey!

Peg
03-03-2005, 07:58 AM
What's the yardage Victoise? Unless it's a huge amount I doubt two skeins would be enough for a sweater. Perhaps a vest or shawl?

VictoiseC
03-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Hey Peg. Let's see... it's 250 yards. I haven't made a sweater for years but I realised yesterday this would be way too itchy as a sweater even if I did make a real small simple one. But, I guess there's not enough there anyway.

A shawl might look nice but I seem to have too many big scarfs that do doubleduty as shawls. I dunno, I'm still stumped.

leg warmers? a bag? a sculpture?

hm

beldaraan
03-03-2005, 05:55 PM
A woman can never have too many purses!!!

Use another similar type yarn and make a multicoloured sweater.

Didn't you say that you did Pilates Vic? How about a bag to carry your mat? Make it long and cylindrical with an i-cord for a shoulder strap.