PDA

View Full Version : OT: Cheezy Pet photos --share your pics!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Rorshach
07-28-2005, 01:48 AM
Hmm Hildie, seems like you always catch your pets pics with their mouth open, heh, now if only I could do that to mine once in a while. Osiris, our big Bombay tends to shut his eyes when a picture is taken....oh, and attack feet when it's pitch black in the house.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-28-2005, 02:36 AM
Yes.... It's my ninja-like photography skills

Rorshach
07-28-2005, 03:02 AM
wow, we have a ninjatographer in our midst. :notworthy: :roflhard:

KellyK
07-28-2005, 07:53 AM
OOOOOHHHH, Fibergirl, I wanna kish the schnoots of dose puppiesh!!!

Steph...what kind of leeeezards are those? My sister had an iguana that thought he was a dog....the way he'd move in for a scratch & CURRVE his body to make the most of it. He'd sleep between them in the bed!

LOVE the jaspr song!!!!!! :roflhard:

punkhippiemom
07-28-2005, 09:20 AM
I am loving this thread! Here's my girls, and my boys - and I think I already posted it somewhere, but here's my Bubba, too...

Toby (October) is the only one we adopted as a puppy, she's Rott and English Shepherd (we think - all the other puppies looked like Rotties) and although she was almost white as a puppy, she turned a really interesting orange color. She's really timid and shy, always has been, and she's the only dog I've ever seen that doesn't like car rides. She was actually featured in the local newspapers in FL, because we lost her after Hurricane Charley last year :crying: and thought we'd never get her back, she was gone for almost 3 months - but the local animal control guy saw her and caught her for us - I was crying floods when he brought her home to us...

Lucky is DH's and my first dog together, we thought she was a puppy when we adopted her but she never got any bigger :?? ... She was DH's baby for so long, it was a blow to her when we adopted Toby... and had a kid...and then another...
She's a sweetie, I have some great pics of both the dogs with my boys as infants that are so great...I need a scanner!

The big orange fluffball is Bubba (I did NOT name him that!), the newest addition to our family... We adopted him from my sis when she moved into her new place... he sometimes fetches balls if he's in a good mood, and has a weakness ( okay, more of an insatiable hunger) for any kind of chips, and french fries.

KellyK
07-28-2005, 09:27 AM
OMG, Rebecca!!!! I dont know WHAT I would do if I ever lost one of my pooches!!!

And....small world....my best friend's DH is the pastor of the North Port UCC! She is the Special Events Coordinator for the Sarasota/Naples chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

KellyK
07-28-2005, 09:29 AM
OMG, Rebecca!!!! I dont know WHAT I would do if I ever lost one of my pooches!!!

And....small world....my best friend's DH is the pastor of the North Port UCC! She is the Special Events Coordinator for the Sarasota/Naples chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

punkhippiemom
07-28-2005, 09:57 AM

I know, I was sooo upset - what made it worse was that she's such a chicken that she wouldn't cross the road - she was in our subdivision almost the whole time! DH went out looking for her, almost caught her once, but she ran into some really thick bushes and he couldn't follow her... I went out walking where he'd seen her with a hot dog, calling for her almost every night...She was just too skittish.
I got so mad, because I called Sarasota Animal Control and told them that we knew where she was, we just needed to rent a trap to catch her - they told me NO! They said they only trap cats, and dogs that are a bite risk- if I had let them trap her, according to their rules, they would have had to put her down....!!!!!

When the North Port dogcatcher (a great guy named Win, he's the one who called the paper, too - I never thought it would make the front page!) brought her back, I asked him, how did you catch her? Sure enough, he put out a cat trap for her with some food, and she walked right in. I was so mad at Sarasota County, they could have saved me two months worth of worry and frustration (in case you didn't know, that year, immediately after Charley came Hurricanes Frances AND Jeanne - my poor girl was lost and outside during both of those!!!!) if they had just bent the rules a tiny bit...grrrr...

punkhippiemom
07-28-2005, 10:08 AM

LOL That's so cool- most people have never heard of Nort Port, so I don't even bother saying that, I just skip right to where it is... "Yeah, we used to live right between Sarasota and Fort Myers on the Gulf Coast..."

Most of my family still lives there - well, just north, anyway, in Venice. If you haven't visited, you really should - Siesta Key in Sarasota and Sanibel Island in Ft Myers are beautiful, white sand beaches, and Venice is the shark tooth capital of the world. North Port has a bowling alley :roflhard: :roflhard: and apparently a church, as well...

Ellen Edwards
07-28-2005, 05:49 PM
Hey Kemp I hope this picture uploads--cause look at the cats in this picture. Siamese twins" !! A friend of mine sent this to me, and it reminded me of your Chinnie! :XX:

MaggieL
07-28-2005, 06:31 PM
Ellen,

Love the kitkats. They are so cute in that picture.

Vendie
07-28-2005, 07:09 PM
OOOO little miss bear is ADORABLE! I love white puppies!

And be glad that your wedding dress is getting some use! I'm sure the rest of us justahve it "preserved" in the box or shoved in the bag in the back of the closet. It's not like you're going to wear it again, anytime soon anyway... I should drag mine out to let the kitties sleep on! (mine is preserved with cake icing and beer, btw)

i'm actually hoping to turn my wedding dress into a quilt, but i haven't been brave enought to start ripping into it. So for now, it's a cat bed.

miss bear is happy that people think she's adorable, b/c she gets neglected ;) and beat up by her big sis Emmie (and sometimes by Frida...and sometimes by dogs she meets at PetSmart...).

KellyK
07-28-2005, 07:45 PM
If you haven't visited, you really should - Siesta Key in Sarasota and Sanibel Island in Ft Myers are beautiful, white sand beaches, and Venice is the shark tooth capital of the world. North Port has a bowling alley :roflhard: :roflhard: and apparently a church, as well...

I HAVE visited! Last year in October. Siesta Key WAS lovely...we went to the Bill Wyland gallery...WOW! Ive not been to Sanibel....but, that was the last place my Grandma visited before she died last year, and she LOVED it. We have a pic of her collecting shells on the beach. :heart:

MaggieL
07-28-2005, 07:48 PM
Since I don't have children, I didn't know what I would do with my wedding dress. I love the idea of a quilt. DH will probably flip when he finds out what I'm planning. :shock:

Vendie
07-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Since I don't have children, I didn't know what I would do with my wedding dress. I love the idea of a quilt. DH will probably flip when he finds out what I'm planning. :shock:

I know! I told my mom and she about died! I was like, what the heck am I going to do with a big white dress? At least if it's a quilt, I can display it and think back fondly on a day that I don't remember much anyway! lol.

Ingrid
07-28-2005, 09:04 PM

Would he rather have you wear it again, another time?

Silver
07-28-2005, 09:48 PM
This is Rumor. He thinks food is way yummier when it's still in the bag.

If you can't tell what you're looking at, his head is way INSIDE the bag, and he's happily crunching away.

Rorshach
07-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Silver,

I think most cats around the world do that. As mine likes to do, if the bag isn't open, he'll claw his way through the bag until it is.

KellyK
07-28-2005, 10:14 PM
:roflhard:

Silver
07-29-2005, 12:07 AM
Silver,

I think most cats around the world do that. As mine likes to do, if the bag isn't open, he'll claw his way through the bag until it is.
True. But I've spent the last two weeks with my camera at an arms reach to get the picture. Every time I would get close, he'd run away with that "She caught me!" look. This time, he was way too into it to care. :roflhard:

BinkyKat
07-29-2005, 12:24 AM
Yeah, my evil little gnome does the same thing. I had dh put a new bag of kibble inside the door whilst talking for 2 minutes to my bil and sil as they were loading up our old fridge when we got a new one. As they all went happily down the road with dh... i went in the house and the aforementioned trollkitty had already chewed a head sized hole in the bag and was scoopshoveling as much as he could get. Thus, he rendered the "Now with convenient recloseable freshness zipper seal" USELESS!! :shock:
Of course, it HAD to be a HUGE bag, anybody know how much kibble sticks to duct tape when used to seal up a gaping hole????? :doh:

KellyK
07-29-2005, 07:55 AM
That's why I have one of THESE (http://petco.com/product_info.asp?familyid=12461&sku=7169121662&tab=1&dept_id=135&c1=125&c2=135&c3=&ct1=Bowls+%26+Feeding+Supplies&ct2=Food+Storage&ct3=#). :thumbsup:

BinkyKat
07-29-2005, 10:26 AM
I wish I had a "slim shape for easy storage" :roflhard:
I could never find a container big enough to put a whole bag in without taking up a ton of room in my itty bitty kitchen. I keep a gallon size Snapware jug of his food on top of the fridge so I don't have to trapse his food from across the room...
Thanks KK, I'll check out my Petco here in town! :D

joyt
07-30-2005, 11:48 PM
If I become a really good knitter will cats find my door step and come to live here?

I have a 93lb Golden Retriever who cares less about knitting as long as one free foot can rub his arm pit.

:thumbsup:

BinkyKat
07-31-2005, 02:43 AM
ooooo, he's purdy! i think goldens are great dogs. my girlfriend has one named Doofer, he thinks he's a lap dog.... ;)

Vendie
07-31-2005, 10:11 AM
:heart: :heart: oh look at the big schweeties!!! :heart: :heart: I love Goldies, one of my most favoritest breeds of puppies!!! Why is it that all the big dogs think they're lap dogs? my 65lb katie-bear thinks she's a lap dog too!

MaggieL
07-31-2005, 10:29 AM
Looks like a very happy dog. :D

KellyK
07-31-2005, 11:28 AM
I wanna be a dog in my next life...... *sigh*

punkhippiemom
07-31-2005, 08:49 PM
So, I was thinking... always a dangerous endeavor for me, but anyway... I have a theory on why most of us knitters have cats...

Ready?

As I have noticed from this forum - and you ladies are the only people I "know" who knit, so this is the only basis for my theory- most knitters are independent, curious, free-thinking, spirited individuals who want to do things on their own terms. So we get pets that reflect that. Those of us that are dog-lovers like a little unconditional love - we artistic types can get moody, and it's nice to have someone who loves you anyway.

What do y'all think?

:roflhard: ('course, I could be wrong - it may just be as simple as both we and cats enjoy playing with string!!)

Ingrid
07-31-2005, 08:55 PM
I prefer cats because they don't need to be walked. In the rain. In the snow. In the early morning. When it's freezing rain.

No, that's actually why I don't want another dog. I like cats for their independence and dignity. Oh, I know they are undignified sometimes, but I believe they do it to entertain us. I greatly enjoy sitting quietly (with a little knitting, of course) and cats are experts at sitting quietly.

BinkyKat
07-31-2005, 09:17 PM
:roflhard: good observations

but for me and dh, in a nutshell, we couldn't agree on whether dogs belong in the house or outside... so we got a cat... and sometimes for short periods of "excercise" we release him from the "general population" and put him on his leash (yes, complete with that curly Q metal thing that screws into the ground) so he can get an hour or so of "outside air".

an added bonus to his crazy fun he brings to our lives, he sits by or on me when i knit, kinda like he says, "It's about time, I've lived with you for 6 years and you finally picked a hobby i can relate to..."
:thumbsup:

MaggieL
07-31-2005, 10:05 PM
At 38, I have my first cat. I inherited her. I don't know why I never knew I was a cat person. :mrgreen:

MaggieL
07-31-2005, 10:06 PM
Oops, I meant to say at the age of 26. :roflhard:

Ingrid
07-31-2005, 10:24 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: too late!

Ellen Edwards
08-05-2005, 05:54 PM
I hope I can upload this picture of my cat, Scraps. He fell in love with my grandson's little chair when we were visiting them.

Ellen Edwards
08-05-2005, 05:54 PM
Hmmm nothing happened.Maybe I can figure it out later!!

punkhippiemom
08-16-2005, 11:09 AM
I just got pics from my sis of her newest baby...
He's not mine, but he will be getting a sweater for Xmas!!

KellyK
08-16-2005, 11:54 AM
HEEELLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :inlove:

punkhippiemom
08-16-2005, 02:06 PM
I knew you'd love him!! :inlove:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-16-2005, 09:01 PM
hi trigger!!!!! :waving: i wuv puppies!

Jackie M.
08-16-2005, 10:52 PM
My grandpuppy, Abby. I will have to learn to make a very big sweater. By the time I got it finished she will be full grown. :thinking:

KellyK
08-16-2005, 11:09 PM
OMG I LOVE THE TILTY HEAD LOOK!!!!!!!!! :inlove:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-16-2005, 11:10 PM
OMG i want to EAT THAT PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ingrid
08-16-2005, 11:26 PM
Oooooooh! So cute! That's a face everyone could love. :inlove:

Nuno930
08-16-2005, 11:26 PM
OMG! What a cutie pie :inlove:

I would post my new dog in here, but then people would feel obligated to say she is cute... and I hate making people lie.

KellyK
08-16-2005, 11:27 PM
I WUV your adorable ugly pooch, Nik!!!!!! :inlove: :heart: :inlove: :heart: :inlove:

ekgheiy
08-17-2005, 09:56 AM
Jackie, Jackie!!! Abby is just too cute for words!!!!!! Great pic! ;)

feministmama
08-17-2005, 11:09 AM
OOOoooOOOo wadda a widdle cuddie wooopie doopie pie oOOOOOooooOOOoooOOooOooo :heart:

LisaD715
08-17-2005, 12:56 PM
I love, love, love this thread!!! I really enjoy getting to see your furry children!! I have a new pic of Solomon to post soon!!

MaggieL
08-17-2005, 06:39 PM
Oooooooohhh, adorable puppies. :D

Jackie M.
08-17-2005, 08:56 PM
No such thing as an ugly dog Nik! Well, maybe that one that won the ugly dog contest yesterday. He was on the news. Can't even tell a little white lie and say he was almost cute.

amy
08-18-2005, 01:55 PM
Ohhhhh, Abby is such a cute wittle puppie!!! :inlove:

koolbreeze
08-18-2005, 03:31 PM
All my pets except my puffer fish... won't be still!!!
MAX
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/2005_0817snakes0014.jpg
Hiji (red tail Boa)
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/2005_0817snakes0008.jpg
Sole' (eatin') hope i don't gross anyone out!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/2005_0817snakes0013.jpg
Riley(Belize Slider), Scooby(Cumberland Slider), Romeo, Loppy, Gilath, Turd, Lil Bit(Red Tail SLiders)
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/2005_0814turtle0004.jpg

ekgheiy
08-18-2005, 03:35 PM
Great pics koolbreeze!! It's nice to see a variety of pets! ;)

amy
08-18-2005, 06:57 PM
Great pics Carmell! Wow, that snake has beautiful markings. Love all the turtles. And the dog of course, what a contented face!

I love how this pic of Charlotte (Miss Coo) turned out. I've made this my desktop pic.

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/personal/charlotte-shdw.jpg

Ingrid
08-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Quite the menagerie, Koolbreeze! My daughter has puffer fish, too. She loves them. You look like you have a 'puffer dog', too!! :D

And I guess it goes without saying, that nobody knows how to relax like a cat!

koolbreeze
08-18-2005, 08:27 PM
~amy~ thanks she is too cute. is she actually sleeping like that?

~ingrid~ thanks.. yes he is puffy! and he likes to steal anything that is supposed to be the baby's! especially her dirty diapers! he collects them. :rollseyes:

Aello
08-18-2005, 08:32 PM
Youa ll have such wonderful pets!! I love them all... Love the snakes Kool!

I have my birdies that keep me entertained. My quaker parrot and my lovebird.. I have had many rescued birds and other pets that have since found good homes.. My friends always joke that I run a zoo lol.

This is my little brat Tommie:D

koolbreeze
08-18-2005, 08:44 PM
i've been told that 2!!! in addition to what i have now i just recently got rid of 5 rats. i had 3 oscars...hubby killed them thou, and i had 2 lovebirds, but once one died the other soon followed.

Vendie
08-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Amy, I just want to smooch Miss Coo's fluffy belly!!! And Aello, Tommie is such a pretty bird (makes me miss my cockateil who died last year at the ripe old age of 21).

Such cute animals!!!

Aello
08-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Sorry about the ones that are now gone.. I know it's hard to part with a pet whether they are going to a new home or the pass. I have pics of my rescued lovie, but none of the new addition.. he's only a few months old but he keeps me on my toes.. especially since he won't show affection to anyone but me (that means he will attack any other living being lol) Hoping he will grow out of that.

Aello
08-18-2005, 08:53 PM
Oh Fiber thanks, His nickname is the brat prince, he is a sweetheart though. I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you. (All of you who have lost your babies) My beloved cockatiel flew away. He went everywhere on my shoulder, but one day he was spooked by a visiter and just then my dad was walking in the door and out he went. Broke my heart. All the neighbourhood kids loved him. I just hoped that since he was so friendly he would have flown to someone else who took care of him.

Amy I just want to scritchy scratch Miss Coo's tummy :blush: too cute!

Ellen Edwards
08-18-2005, 11:10 PM
Here's the MAD CAT--Scraps, sitting in my little grandson's recliner. Grandson's 1-year-old, and my son bought that little blue recliner 3 months AFTER he heard they were expecting!!

Ellen Edwards
08-18-2005, 11:11 PM
hmmmm-I always have problem uploading pictures here--don' know what I'm doing wrong!!

Ellen Edwards
08-18-2005, 11:16 PM
here goes

Ellen Edwards
08-18-2005, 11:19 PM
Well-I finally got him on here-but he's SOOOOO BIG!! I hope someone can tell me where to get the info to reduce the properties in my pictures!! :rollseyes: They are always TOO BIG
:crying:
THANKS!!! :XX:

Silver
08-18-2005, 11:24 PM
My cats :heart: my aran afghan.

I :heart: machine washable yarn.

DotMom61
08-18-2005, 11:35 PM
Youa ll have such wonderful pets!! I love them all... Love the snakes Kool!

I have my birdies that keep me entertained. My quaker parrot and my lovebird.. I have had many rescued birds and other pets that have since found good homes.. My friends always joke that I run a zoo lol.

This is my little brat Tommie:D

Oooo! Oooo!! We have a Quaker, too! You are most likely the only person I have ever run across with a Quaker -- most people around here (other than breeders) have never heard of them.

Anyway, here's Maggie:

http://www.geocities.com/julieric/assets/maggie2.jpg

This was taken shortly after we got her last Spring. She is now almost 1-1/2 years old, and has an enormous vocabulary. She's very entertaining, gentle and will go to just about anybody who walks in the door. Oh, and she's potty trained.

Aello
08-19-2005, 04:49 AM
DotMom61 wrote:
This was taken shortly after we got her last Spring. She is now almost 1-1/2 years old, and has an enormous vocabulary. She's very entertaining, gentle and will go to just about anybody who walks in the door. Oh, and she's potty trained.

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Ooooh DotMom. She is gorgeous! :D I just want to give her kisses lol. She sounds just like Tommie, he is quite the talker (especially when he wants attention or you are scolding him for being naughty) I've been lucky so far to successfully potty train all my birds. :happydance: He is about 2yrs old so they are about the same age as well. There is one human thought that he cannot stand and that is because she teased him when he was younger.. If he even hears her voice in the other room he goes crazy! She isn't allowed near him now.
I cannot look at a quaker and not want to cuddle it lol. Maggie is Beautiful, you must be proud! :heart:

KellyK
08-19-2005, 06:28 AM
Here are a few of the 20-or-so quakers that come to my feeder ever winter!!

DotMom61
08-19-2005, 09:33 AM
Aello --

There is something about those little Quaker faces that just captures your heart, isn't there?

Maggie cracks me up because she's so intensely curious about everything that she gets really scared for about 30 secs. and then can't stand it anymore and wants to see what you have.

Give Tommie a smooch for me! Does he imitate lots of noises? Maggie is the first bird I've had that does noises -- namely, every squeak in the floor & the sound of me typing on my notebook computer. Oh, and she's an avid Cubs fan -- when she hears the game getting exciting on TV, she yells, "Go Cubs!"

And, speaking of the little cutie, I can hear her downstairs begging for breakfast. So, I need to go!!

DotMom61
08-19-2005, 09:34 AM

Kelly --

I still can't get over that. How close can you get to them? Do you ever hear any of them talking?? :lol:

punkhippiemom
08-19-2005, 10:26 AM
Aww...cute kitties!!
Love the parrots - there was a flock of those down by my Mom's in FL - they are LOUD when they're all together like that...

Look at what I found in the middle of the night...

Jivewhistle
08-19-2005, 10:54 AM
Cute cats Silver! Cool birds too everyone! That pic of Toby is so cute!

Here's a very recent picture of me and Lucy just chillin at the park.

LisaD715
08-19-2005, 12:21 PM
Kool, great pets!! I have never had reptles, I heard they were hard to care for, but I love visiting them!!

Tommie is a PRETTY boy!! Maggie and he should hook up!!

I wanna love on Miss Coo too!!

Ellen, precious kittie!!

DotMom61
08-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Love the parrots - there was a flock of those down by my Mom's in FL - they are LOUD when they're all together like that...

Ha ha !!! They're loud when they're all alone, too! :lol:

Look at what I found in the middle of the night...

That is too funny. He looks very guilty in that picture!

Aello
08-19-2005, 03:24 PM
KellyK - Oh if I lived there, I would want them all lol.. wonder if they can be lured into the house lol. Though I imagine a feral parrot would do some great damage to the fingers lol.

Julie (If I may call you that:D) - I have to agree there is something about there faces that just scream "Come here and adore me!"
Tommie's thing is that He simply won't have it if there are people in the room talking to each other and not him. He tries to join in the conversation trying to say everything we say lol and if we don't look at him he gets sooo mad! I loe the "Go Cubs" from Maggie though! Too cute!
The thing that cracks me up about him is if he is doing something that he knows he should not be doing and he is caught.. he says "stop it " before I even get a chance to. Silly Boy. Give Maggie a kiss from me too lol. :heart:

Rebecca - Toby looks so cute in there... I agree with the comment that he looks guilty lol. :inlove:

Jive - Love Lucy! I am jealous of all that open space you have there!

Lisa - Lol Thank you! and I was thinking the same thing... :lol:

koolbreeze
08-19-2005, 06:03 PM

are they wild? that is too cool. the only birds we see around here are the same ole ones.
Lisa~ thanks they are not that hard to care for. all we have to do is feed then, shange their beddin and water and turn on the different lights for day and night. other than that you really don't have to do anything eles. you're supposed to hold them but they bit be a lot when they were smaller and i don't like that, cause it hurts like a paper cut!!! :help:

KellyK
08-19-2005, 06:43 PM
[Kelly --I still can't get over that. How close can you get to them? Do you ever hear any of them talking?? :lol:
Not close at all, in fact if we even open the back door, they take off for the phone & cable wires overhead. No talking, except for the LOUD sqwauking when they're flying! They were never pets...I think they were on their WAY to being pets when they escaped from whatever vehicle. I still have to go searching for their nest...I have heard they are AMAZING and HUGE structures! I have an idea where it might be...I dont see them as often in the summer, but I can always HEAR them by the Berwyn library...about 5 blocks south of me.

punkhippiemom
08-19-2005, 06:47 PM
Rebecca - Toby looks so cute in there... I agree with the comment that he looks guilty lol.

Oh yes... DH had already chased her out of the basket once at that point, so she KNEW she wasn't supposed to be in there... but 'Daddy' was sound asleep, and I figured I already had to rewash those clothes anyway... I let her stay. :blush: I'm a sucker.

DotMom61
08-19-2005, 11:23 PM
Julie (If I may call you that:D)

The thing that cracks me up about him is if he is doing something that he knows he should not be doing and he is caught.. he says "stop it " before I even get a chance to. Silly Boy. Give Maggie a kiss from me too lol. :heart:

Maggie does that, too. She'll get really noisy, and when I give her "the look," she say, "Stop. That's too loud." Then she'll go on about how she's supposed to whisper, but it always escalates into loudness again. Certain times of the day she just can't contain herself!

(She just started saying, "Give me a kiss!" followed by a loud <smooch>! So, she sends one of those back atcha! :-) )

KellyK
08-20-2005, 01:05 AM
I wish my parakeets liked me....I so DESPERATELY wanna have a relationship with a bird!! :roflhard:

GlenBoRTR
08-20-2005, 09:03 AM
Pepples gets lost in my pillows quite often!!

DotMom61
08-20-2005, 09:04 AM
Pepples gets lost in my pillows quite often!!

Look at her sitting there like such a little lady with her feet crossed! (I can just hear Howie now! Rowwrrrr!)

GlenBoRTR
08-20-2005, 10:11 AM
Hmmmm.. I wonder why the "forum" posted Pebbles' picture twice... Does she win a PRIZE?????
:cheering:

Ronda
08-20-2005, 04:30 PM
I love looking at all these pets! Here's my little Maggie. I have not knitted her anything yet (I just learned to knit in the last few weeks) but she is lying on a blanket crocheted by my aunt!

KellyK
08-20-2005, 05:05 PM
Hmmmm.. I wonder why the "forum" posted Pebbles' picture twice... Does she win a PRIZE?????
:cheering:
I think you may have accidentally double-clicked the "submit" button. And, when I tried to erase one for ya, the pic no longer shows up!! oops! :oops: If you hit "edit" on your post above, you can re-add it.

koolbreeze
08-20-2005, 05:35 PM
way to go KK! :rollseyes: :D

i almost missed the pooch, Ronda!

BinkyKat
08-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Super, guess Mod means "Modify" right? :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Is this the first online neutering of a pet for this site? :shock: :roflhard: :roflhard:

KellyK
08-20-2005, 05:57 PM
OH C'MON NOW!!!! Im not all THAT bad, am I??? :verysad:

BinkyKat
08-20-2005, 06:00 PM
Goodness no! We L :heart: VE You Soooooo!
Good natured ribbing... 2 x 2 ribbing that is!
Ah.... stop me! :roflhard: :roflhard:

KellyK
08-20-2005, 06:05 PM
Ah.... stop me! :roflhard: :roflhard:
http://www.meritworld.com/images/Play98Supremes.jpg

BinkyKat
08-20-2005, 07:01 PM
Before you break my heart...no less! :heart:
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Aello
08-20-2005, 08:00 PM
You guys really know how to put a smile on my face :D thank you!

I didn't get to see the pic of pebbles.. I'm too late.

Ronda, Maggie is too cute ... how can you resist those eyes??? :blush:

Kelly, I love your new pic. How old are the parakeets? The younger they are, the easier they would be to retrain. But, If you are willing to put in the time (and willing to take quite a few bites I imagine :oops: ) There should be no reason for them not to come around.. It only takes a lot of patience:)

Ingrid
08-20-2005, 08:55 PM
When my sister's parakeet sees a cat outside, he starts yelling, "Emergency! Emergency! Flush kitty down the loo!"

My kids had two parakeets, but all they did was squawk and get really, really skinny when I got close. I think having two hinders their ability to become attached to humans.

BinkyKat
08-20-2005, 10:28 PM
When my sister's parakeet sees a cat outside, he starts yelling, "Emergency! Emergency! Flush kitty down the loo!"

:roflhard: x infinity to the n'th power!!!!!!
I snorted! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

punkhippiemom
08-20-2005, 11:28 PM
Y'all are too much... Kelly, love yer new avatar - by the way, was that Harvey you were dancing with in the old one?

Ronda, love Maggie - she reminds me of my Lucky - she kinda disappears in the dark!! Love them little black doggies....

My grandma used to raise canaries - they sang nice, but they were the most anti-social birds (to us kids anyway) :rollseyes:

Aello
08-21-2005, 03:56 AM
Ingrid wrote:

I laughed so hard lol I almost cried!!!! :roflhard: Thank you for that!

As long as you seperate the parakeets to work with them I see no problem.. Might have to keep them seperate for a bit though. But that depends on if someone would want to go through all of that... Companion birds are a true joy, but taking those bites of a not so friendly bird is no fun, definitely not for everyone lol.

Y'all are too much... Kelly, love yer new avatar - by the way, was that Harvey you were dancing with in the old one?

Harvey!!! I have a gigantic, stuffed white bunny named Harvey lol.. Loved that movie/play.

KellyK
08-21-2005, 01:21 PM
Kelly, love yer new avatar - by the way, was that Harvey you were dancing with in the old one?
I dont know WHO that was I was dancing with...Hildie did it! :rofling:

I dont mind that my parakeets dont like me...they arent MEAN or anything. They are just happy being parakeets together.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, DH & I just rescued a "liberated" parakeet that has been visiting my crew outside lately! We put their cage out on days that its nice.....

What should I name him?

Jackie M.
08-21-2005, 04:37 PM
Name him Woodstock after the little bird in the Peanuts cartoon, or Daffy for being silly and living alone too long!

punkhippiemom
08-21-2005, 06:20 PM
He looks just like my DH's grandmothers :heart: beloved :heart: birdie that died a few years back... His name was Petey - not inventive, but cute.

Ingrid
08-21-2005, 06:59 PM
I like Beau. Don't know why, he just looks too distinguished for a birdie name to me.

MaggieL
08-21-2005, 07:31 PM
:D Lucky bird. (not a suggested name)

KellyK
08-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Jackie, I feel pretty strongly about "human" names for my animals....dunno why. Maybe its a dignity issue? :roflhard:

Ingrid....I cant name him Beau....my other boy's name is Bogie.

I also have two girls, Jake and Sally. We didnt know what Jake was when we named her...I have found, however, that birds dont worry about things like gender roles. She LOVES her name...I think it sounds alot like some of the noises keets make.

Ingrid
08-21-2005, 09:50 PM
In that case his name should be TWEEEE WAK WAK WAK

Jackie M.
08-21-2005, 09:56 PM
Kelly, all of our pets, dogs and cats alike have human names. Always have. I don't know why either. I guess because our pets become our "children". I also had a bird named Petey, just like punkhippymom's dh grandmother. Okay, looking for Human names for this beautiful blue bird. Are you sure it's a male?

Rorshach
08-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Jackie, I would think pets have human names because WOOFWOOFWOOFBarkgrowlbark or meowrowrgrowlhisst tends to hurt the throat after a while.

KellyK
08-21-2005, 10:10 PM
Are you sure it's a male?
Male parakeets have a blue cere. Thats the little bit of skin above their beak.

DotMom61
08-22-2005, 09:54 AM
Dave ... you should name him Dave.

And, if you don't like that, how's about:
* Sky
* Powder (like the movie -- remember that one?)
* Wilson (I was thinking about the movie "Castaway," 'cause he was rescued, and then I remembered the vollyeball! :rofling: )
* Roquefort (as in Bleu Cheese -- hee hee)-- you could call him "Rocky" for a nickname

OK ... I'm out of ideas now, and we must be driving over to your neck of the woods for a clinic visit. :-) We'll wave in your general direction!

Oh, and Maggie the dog is beautiful! Love her name!! :lol:

koolbreeze
08-22-2005, 11:32 AM
all the birds that i had over the years had different kinds of names

Tweety, Gizmo, Harvey, Cheryl, Dino, Pepper, Bud, Dora, and Buzz.

but i like Jackie's suggestion, Woodstock, for some reason. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MaggieL
08-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Oooo, I like Gizmo.

Vendie
08-22-2005, 08:07 PM
I like George. I want to name something George.

Jackie M.
08-22-2005, 08:14 PM
My neighbors new kitten is a George.

If not Rocky (for the cheese), then why not Bleu? Have an in-law who goes by the name Blu, so I assume it's a male name.

Jackie

DotMom61
08-22-2005, 08:16 PM
I like George. I want to name something George.

And will you hug him and squeeze him and love him and pet him??

Vendie
08-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Just call me Elmira! That's exactly how I am with my kitty, I wanna hug her and squeaze her and kiss her and love her and scratch her and nibble her and...

MaggieL
08-22-2005, 08:53 PM
I like George too. "I will love him and pet him and squeeze him..."
or something like that. :D

KellyK
08-22-2005, 10:00 PM
HEY!!! I just said "GEORGE" and he TURNED AND LOOKED!!! :shock:

It'll make my mom cry...my Grandpa's name was George. OMG HE WAS REINCARNATED AS A PARAKEET! Next thing ya know he'll be telling me dirty jokes at an inappropriately young age!! :doh:

Vendie
08-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Well, I think that settles it. *packs up briefcase, and heads out the door*

KellyK
08-22-2005, 10:31 PM
Thanks, FG! George it IS! :cheering:

Ingrid
08-22-2005, 10:35 PM
Well, I think that settles it. *packs up briefcase, and heads out the door*

:roflhard: :roflhard:

Vendie
08-22-2005, 10:47 PM
*whispers to Ingrid* See? Another one of my "moments".

Vendie
08-22-2005, 10:48 PM
:cheering: *jumps up and down* YAY, I named a birdie, his name is George, I named a birdie!! :cheering:

Ingrid
08-22-2005, 10:51 PM
:thinking: Do you think the other birds will tease him? :thinking:

Vendie
08-22-2005, 10:53 PM
Now why would the other birdies tease him? :??

Ingrid
08-22-2005, 11:05 PM
Whenever I hear a name, I think about what the other kids on the bus can use to be mean. :rollseyes: Curious George, Georgie Porgie, Boy George, George of the Jungle, you know. . . .

Vendie
08-22-2005, 11:07 PM
Well hopefully George the birdie won't be riding a bus anytime soon :)

punkhippiemom
08-22-2005, 11:08 PM
Oh looook! A lit-tle bunny wabbit all for my own!
I will hug him and squeeze him and stroke his fur backwards and call him George!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Dh decided to snuggle with stanley this weekend... And here's a pic of cheddy stalking something, too!

KellyK
08-23-2005, 12:25 AM
Look, KK! He's wearing a shirt!
Yeah, right...you probably drew it on with MS Paint. :rollseyes:

Im SO glad that made you SO very happy, FG!!

George's bus-ridin days are OVAH. He is all happy & warm with the KK family!! :cheering: And, I dont know which "tweet" translates to Georgie Porgie.

(Ingrid...does anyone even know who Georgie Porgie IS anymore?)

DotMom61
08-23-2005, 10:01 AM
Good choice, Kelly! Just don't squeeze him too hard!!

ekgheiy
08-23-2005, 11:20 AM
Aaawww....I'm lovin' the second pic in the line, Hildie!! It's just too cute!

Ingrid
08-23-2005, 11:26 AM
Look, KK! He's wearing a shirt!
Yeah, right...you probably drew it on with MS Paint. :rollseyes:

Im SO glad that made you SO very happy, FG!!

George's bus-ridin days are OVAH. He is all happy & warm with the KK family!! :cheering: And, I dont know which "tweet" translates to Georgie Porgie.

:thinking: Good question. I always read everything to my kids, and the g'kids now, so I guess I assume all kids know who nursery rhyme characters are. You'd think after all these years working is schools I'd know better.

I guess I just have a thing about the name George. Who knows, since he responds, maybe it is his 'real' name and FG has some psychic connection! Oooooh.

Ingrid
08-23-2005, 05:48 PM
Just when I thought it was safe to go into the kitchen for a cup of coffee. . .

KellyK
08-23-2005, 06:56 PM
OMG, Ingrid!! She is BEAUTIFUL! So SHINY! I dont remember you mentioning a kitty before! :??

Vendie
08-23-2005, 07:05 PM
:thinking: Good question. I always read everything to my kids, and the g'kids now, so I guess I assume all kids know who nursery rhyme characters are. You'd think after all these years working is schools I'd know better.

I guess I just have a thing about the name George. Who knows, since he responds, maybe it is his 'real' name and FG has some psychic connection! Oooooh.

That's right, in fact I knew you were going to say that... ;)

Ingrid
08-23-2005, 07:08 PM
FG You're too much! :rofling:

Kelly remember this thread? That was me about this young lady.

http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2376&highlight=cats

KellyK
08-23-2005, 07:10 PM
:doh:

Rorshach
08-23-2005, 08:25 PM
Ingrid, I would have to say that's a very beautiful bombay that you have there. my wife and I have one, and he thinks himself Lord of the domain.

Ingrid
08-23-2005, 08:48 PM
Bombay? :thinking: She's from the pound. I always thought she was part Siamese because of the length of her body, her pointy nose and the size of her ears. What is a Bombay?

DotMom61
08-24-2005, 12:55 AM

Georgie Porgie, pudding and pie,
Kissed the girls and made them cry.
When the boys came out to play,
Georgie Porgie ran away.

I remember! :lol:

I never did understand what pudding and pie had to do with it, though.

Ingrid
08-24-2005, 09:06 AM
pudding and pie-soft and sweet? Or maybe it just had the right rhythm and rhyme. Nowadays he would be accused of sexual harrassment and sent away. :rollseyes:

Sara
08-24-2005, 09:36 AM
I assumed it was something like Cockney cant, the pudding and pie part. Does anybody know where that comes from? It's a pretty common nursery rhyme.

Ingrid
08-24-2005, 09:40 AM
http://www.famousquotes.me.uk/nursery_rhymes/georgie_porgie.htm

Here's a little background on old Georgie.

koolbreeze
08-25-2005, 06:33 PM
heres Max chillin'

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/2005_0825250048.jpg

here he is doing something to my grass

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/koolbreeze76/2005_0825250054.jpg

punkhippiemom
08-25-2005, 07:09 PM
:rollseyes: Geez, I'm glad my dogs aren't the only wierdos that lay like that...
I love chows, they are so fluffy and fuzzy... you just wanna squish em.

MaggieL
08-25-2005, 07:12 PM
Aawwhhhh, Max is cute.

KellyK
08-25-2005, 08:17 PM
We call that "Turkey Legs". :roflhard:

koolbreeze
08-25-2005, 08:43 PM
it looks uncomortable!

Vendie
08-26-2005, 07:26 AM
Such a cute puppy belly, so soft so fluffy, i want to use it as a pillow. I love Chows!!!

Nuno930
08-26-2005, 09:59 PM
My new dog... The little sneak over took my laundry basket as her own (so what else could I do than find her a pillow and blanket???)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/Niklynne/laundry.jpg

Ingrid
08-26-2005, 10:02 PM
Aaaw. Look at the smile on her face! :heart:

KellyK
08-26-2005, 10:14 PM
NIK! We havent had any update pics of your new little girl! What gives?

BinkyKat
08-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Awwwww, Nik, she wuuuuvvvs her new home! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

KellyK
08-27-2005, 12:54 AM
OMG...I didnt see the pic the last time I checked in here! Dont I feel like a BUTT now?? :rollseyes:

MaggieL
08-27-2005, 09:44 AM
AAWWEEE, so sweet.

Nuno930
08-27-2005, 12:14 PM
Kelly, lay off the HOOCH!

KellyK
08-27-2005, 12:38 PM
But....but....um....I LIKE hooch!! :(

InterNette
09-13-2005, 07:28 PM
This is Lancelot. He likes the softer side of life. He was actually an abused kitty and now he is our little golden heart boy.

Ingrid
09-13-2005, 07:29 PM
He's beautiful! But I think most cats know how to find the softer side of life!

InterNette
09-13-2005, 07:29 PM
This is Eliza, we call her Liza and she is never far from her Momma, me. She is my shadow for life and overly spoiled.

InterNette
09-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Lance has his own size furniture and beds, he prefers it that way.

KellyK
09-13-2005, 07:51 PM
They are BEAUTIFUL, Nette! I wanna SNUGGLE!

Here is Howie, being the PERFECT host...

GlenBoRTR
09-13-2005, 08:15 PM
Kelly...
Pebbles is Drooling over Howie!!! :heart: :inlove: :heart: :inlove:

Rorshach
09-13-2005, 08:29 PM
As do most Siamese cats. he has gorgeous mask and ear markings.

KellyK
09-13-2005, 08:50 PM
Kelly...
Pebbles is Drooling over Howie!!! :heart: :inlove: :heart: :inlove:
I KNOW! He's HOT, isnt he?? :roflhard:

Mer
09-13-2005, 09:20 PM

Hee hee, I was wondering if those were little chairs or if he was just really HUGE! :lol:

InterNette
09-13-2005, 09:59 PM
oH HOWIE IS A CUTIE. A knitting buddy, very cool and yes he IS hot!
I been begging for a dog, I'm wearing him down.

KellyK
09-13-2005, 10:16 PM
Howie says THANKS, Internette! And, he also said (ala Joey) "How YOU doon?" :eyebrow:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-13-2005, 10:31 PM
howie likes ME best :-)

mintdee
09-14-2005, 12:18 AM
I gotta add a pic of my Gypsy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/mintydee/pics002.jpg

She is such a predator! (story time hehehe)
One day she excaped outside and managed to get to close to a birds nest. Well needless to say the birds (TONS!) started dive bombing her! Right before she saw me open the door she jumped up, with outstretched claws snatched a bird out of the air and on the way back to the ground killed it. Then ran to the house and hid under the bed. :lol: Crazy animal! /storytime

BinkyKat
09-14-2005, 12:25 AM
howie likes ME best :-)

we all like you best hil! :inlove:

sandra, cool markings on your kitty! my sil has a tabby siamese mix..Dallas, it's kinda spooky how you can see the misty look of the siamese under her tabby stripes, and she has the groovy icy blue eyes... neato freato! :D

KellyK
09-14-2005, 12:32 AM
Howie wants me to remind Hildie that they never decided to enter into a committed relationship. He says "A pooch has got to do what a pooch has GOT to do, Babe! I cant very well deny the rest of my mom's female friends all of THIS, can I??"

Aello
09-14-2005, 02:55 AM
I LOVE all your family members!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
I want to hug them all and roll around on the floor playing with them!:D
*gives treats to all the wonderful pets hoping to curry their favour* ;)

punkhippiemom
09-14-2005, 09:55 AM
Mintdee - love your Gypsy! :heart:
She reminds me of my Patches, a beautiful tortoise shell calico... she used to bring home birds and rabbits, and leave them on the front porch...My dad usually got rid of them before we woke up, but then she got mad and started leaving them under my bedroom window so he wouldn't 'steal' them from me anymore... :lol: She had kittens in my dresser drawer and I freaked out because I woke up in the middle of the night, heard squeaks and saw little black things moving in my drawer, and thought my room was overrun with rats. :rollseyes:
Aren't pets great?! :rofling:

Carol_OH
09-14-2005, 10:38 AM
*sniff* I finally got the courage to look at this thread. All your furry friends are SO DARNED CUTE!!!!

:)

ekgheiy
09-14-2005, 10:46 AM
OMG - Lancelot is soooooo regal!! That's right Lancelot ... sit TALL you handsome feline! :lol: Liza and Gypsy are such dolls!! KK, Howie is so totally adorable!!!! Did he seriously just jump and nap all by himself?? :shock: That's soooo cute!! :inlove:

LisaD715
09-14-2005, 11:36 AM
Love seeing your sweet, furry friends!!! I want to come play with all of them!! Please give lots of lovin's from Auntie Lis!

KellyK
09-14-2005, 11:57 AM
EK, he is like that with all of our guests...he's the BEST host!

And, Carol..... :heart: HUGS :heart: sweetie!! :(

ekgheiy
09-14-2005, 12:14 PM
EK, he is like that with all of our guests...he's the BEST host!
[...] Aaww...I wanna visit 'n knit!! :angelgrin:

KellyK
09-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Well you just POP on over from MD then! I get offf work at 4:30....will be home by 5. We'll order PIZZA! :cheering:

Anyone else wanna join us? Maybe someone from Texas? Or California? CANADA???

jodstr2
09-14-2005, 01:34 PM
Well you just POP on over from MD then! I get offf work at 4:30....will be home by 5. We'll order PIZZA! :cheering:

Anyone else wanna join us? Maybe someone from Texas? Or California? CANADA???

:happydance: me me meeeeeeee!!! :happydance:

(I wish :()

here's Enza Marie trying to stay cool on the kitchen floor. she was a little over 1 yr old at the time. (sorry for the repeat pic from the blog thread). she really doesn't respond to her name, so she's just called Kitty. sometimes I call her Feefee. or Twee. or Squee.

InterNette
09-14-2005, 08:50 PM
She is smooth. What a beautiful coat she has. Very pretty kitty.

KellyK
09-14-2005, 09:08 PM
I've always been partial to black or black & white kitties....she's SOOOO preety!

koolbreeze
09-14-2005, 09:19 PM
Kelly~ i'll be over after my son gets out of school and i'm bringin legs with me!!!

KellyK
09-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Well, GOOD because I dont know how I would react if a TORSO showed up on my doorstep!

(Legs?? :?? )

jodstr2
09-14-2005, 11:02 PM
thanks Annette and KK! :D :heart: she has some subtle tabby stripes not visible in that pic. they're greyish bands on her sides and tail. I :heart: her so much, but I want another kitty from the shelter too. is that bad :shock:? this is prime kitty adoption season too... July-Aug-Sep the shelter is full of kitties...

Jeremy
09-14-2005, 11:08 PM
This is Grace, our Maltese :D

KellyK
09-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Thats not bad at all! Those shelter kitties NEED good homes with responsible people who will LUV LUV LUV them!!

punkhippiemom
09-15-2005, 09:45 AM
OK, you guys got me all full of kitty love... here's my sweet and annoying guy again...

KellyK
09-15-2005, 09:54 AM
Cats just know how to relax better than any other species, dont they???

punkhippiemom
09-15-2005, 09:58 AM
LOL Yeah - I wish I had a got a picture of him the time he was laying on the chair on his back, with his face wedged in between the bars... If he hadn't been asleep, I would have thought he was stuck :rollseyes:

ekgheiy
09-15-2005, 10:13 AM
OK, you guys got me all full of kitty love... here's my sweet and annoying guy again... Hey Bubba!!! WAKE UP!! :waving: :mrgreen: *ekgheiy runs and hides from Bubba's wrath at being dee-sterbed* :roflhard:

punkhippiemom
09-15-2005, 10:20 AM
Nah... good thing about this kitty is he has no wrath - we adopted him from my sis... her kids used to teethe on this cat, and he never once hissed scratched or bit. They would pull out his fur and he would lay there and purr all through it...
Yell at him while he's sleeping, and you may get him to crack open one eye, but that's about it!!

ekgheiy
09-15-2005, 10:27 AM
Nah... [...] Yell at him while he's sleeping, and you may get him to crack open one eye, but that's about it!! :shock: :rofling: Nice Bubba... :heart:

InterNette
09-15-2005, 10:33 AM
aw Punk, he is handsome. I love this kitty.
Lance yell at him when he is sleeping and he jumps 20 feet in air and hides for an hour. Lance was abused so badly he had 3 vets tell me he is a bit slow, what could be considered in a sense retarded. We love him anyway and just let him be him, but the first 6 months we shook our head, went from vet to vet and wondered what we had gotten outselves into. We got Liza to be his buddy and she is repulsed by him and well isnt very nice , but from watching her he did learn how to be a kitty again. Now he is the sweetest most loving heart of gold boy, even if he is a bit off kiltered. I been saying the last couple year Lance needs a buddy. He needs a mellow guy like your kitty who will just be snuggle buddies and teach Lance to relax and let it all go.

punkhippiemom
09-15-2005, 10:48 AM
Nette, Lancelot is soooo handsome, I've never seen a Siamese with such a dark mask before... and Liza looks like she's used to being the princess... It's only natural that she would pick on the 'little brother' :rollseyes:
I told my sister for years that if she ever got rid of Bubba, she'd better call me first. Well, they'd had him as an outside cat and the first weeks (months ;) ) of getting him used to living inside were rough, but now he is right at home (as you can see!!). He's so friendly, if you look at him sideways he starts purring :rofling:
He has his bad habits that we're still trying to break him of (stealing food, using inappropriate areas as a bathroom, sitting on my lap when I'm trying to knit! grr...) but I'm still glad we got him...

DotMom61
09-15-2005, 11:59 AM
OK, you guys got me all full of kitty love... here's my sweet and annoying guy again...

I want to be that kitty!!! (Except then I couldn't knit. :?? )

LisaD715
09-15-2005, 02:46 PM
I have never understood how someone could be mean to an animal. Nette, your Lancelot is beautiful!! Pleae give him an extra treat from me today, and a few extra scratches in his favorite spot. I am so thankful that he has a loving family now! I am torn about another cat right now. My heart is still broken from losing Sinny, but I miss the warmth and purring of a sweet lik kitty....maybe one day...

ekgheiy
09-15-2005, 03:54 PM
I have never understood how someone could [...]My heart is still broken from losing Sinny, but I miss the warmth and purring of a sweet lik kitty....maybe one day... Well, darn - if only you were still in MD! I got an email a couple days ago from a lady at the gym; her co-worker's cat just had some little kitties!! They are looking for homes for them ... ;)

KellyK
09-15-2005, 04:41 PM
her co-worker's cat just had some little kitties!! They are looking for homes for them ... ;)

*KK steps up onto a very short soapbox*
I hope she is going to spay/neuter after this experience.

ekgheiy
09-15-2005, 05:03 PM
*KK steps up onto a very short soapbox*
I hope she is going to spay/neuter after this experience.
(ekgheiy steps up there w/ KK)
Or at least keep momma indoors w/ only other female roomies!!!! :lol:

KellyK
09-15-2005, 05:12 PM
Well, HEY Ek!! I wish I wouldve known you were gonna join me up here! I would've brought a bigger soapbox! Well, let's just stand here & cuddle...and yell at people about spaying and neutering. :roflhard:

ekgheiy
09-15-2005, 05:47 PM
Well, HEY Ek!! I wish I wouldve known you were gonna join me up here! I would've brought a bigger soapbox! Well, let's just stand here & cuddle...and yell at people about spaying and neutering. :roflhard: You want I should pick up some pebbles to chuck at the non-neutering b@$tardz? :devil: :eyebrow: :rofling: :rofling:

LisaD715
09-15-2005, 05:50 PM
Got room for a third up there? Sinny was a purebred Himalayan, but he was fixed.

KellyK
09-15-2005, 06:10 PM
GROUP HUG ON THE TINY SOAPBOX!!! :cheering:

KellyK
09-19-2005, 07:41 PM
How cute is this puppy who sleeps on my lap while Im typing??

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/howie_lap.jpg

kitkat
09-19-2005, 10:03 PM
I can't remember if I posted a picture of Pooey Foosums before (although she prefers to be called pretty kitty).

KellyK
09-19-2005, 10:13 PM
For a minute there, before I read the caption, I thought you were saying that your beautiful shiny black lab prefers to be called "pretty kitty"! :roflhard:

Ingrid
09-19-2005, 10:21 PM
:roflhard: Me too! I thought, "Now that is a dog who is secure in his canininity!" :rofling:

kitkat
09-19-2005, 10:22 PM
Ok so I am a bit technology impaired LOL!!!!

Miss Pooey Foosums original name was Sam (thats what happens when you let 7 and 9 year olds name your pet). She didnt care for that name. She became Pooey, and prefers it to be said in a somewhat high pitched voice. She is a weird girl. Not terribly social around strangers, she just hides from them.

Cooper on the other hand is the life of the party. He thinks everyone loves him, after all, he loves them! Such a flibbertagibbet!!!

KellyK
09-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Well, DONT they? Doesnt everyone come to visit HIM? I mean, all of my guests are here only for MY pooches....the way it SHOULD be! :roflhard:

LisaD715
09-19-2005, 11:24 PM
Kel, I love the lil swirl on your pups neck!!

I also thought the dog was partial to "pretty kitty"....lol...who couldn't love that face?!?!?!? Great 4 legged children!

KellyK
09-20-2005, 12:09 AM
He has a swirl on each side of his neck, and also one on either side of his little puppybutt! :heart: My faves are his cheeks and chin....like VELVET.

ekgheiy
09-20-2005, 10:35 AM
For a minute there, before I read the caption, I thought you were saying that your beautiful shiny black lab prefers to be called "pretty kitty"! :roflhard: :rofl: hahaha...he's having an identity crisis!

ekgheiy
09-20-2005, 10:36 AM
I can't remember if I posted a picture of Pooey Foosums before (although she prefers to be called pretty kitty). Pooey are Cooper are cuties!!! ;)

punkhippiemom
09-26-2005, 03:59 AM
I just got this, and had to post it.

Why God made pets.....and why we love them!!!

punkhippiemom
09-26-2005, 04:02 AM

Ingrid
09-26-2005, 07:53 AM
:roflhard: Thank's for posting those! You started my day with a smile! :D

KellyK
09-26-2005, 07:58 AM
I got that from my aunt a few days ago.....that sleeping chihuahua CRACKS ME UP...Howie looks JUST like that when he's sleeping! :roflhard:

It's my GOAL to sleep like a dog.....

MaryS
09-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Hi PHM,

Those are FABULOUS pics! Good for a smile at the end of a VERY LONG day! :happydance:

Thanks!

Mary

punkhippiemom
09-26-2005, 04:54 PM
And who better to share a few smiles with??
That white cat is almost scary....

Ingrid
09-26-2005, 04:59 PM
It looks like Hildie's washing her cats again!

kitkat
09-26-2005, 05:59 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

suziehomemaker
09-29-2005, 02:36 PM
BTW - I love this topic! It always makes me smile and miss my kitties (who are waiting patiently for me to get home from work).

ekgheiy
09-29-2005, 07:32 PM
OO..oo..oh ... I get to post peektures now ... :mrgreen:

Here are my pals...

Okay - so I posted them in the wrong order. :blush: Just look at them from bottom to top :rofling:

InterNette
10-01-2005, 11:45 AM
an amazing pic together, they are far and few between. These two don't care for one another.

KellyK
10-01-2005, 11:53 AM
SO pretty, Nette!! :heart:

LisaD715
10-01-2005, 11:55 AM
How sweet!!!!

Jan in CA
10-16-2005, 07:53 PM
I saw somewhere that you like to see dog pics... I've a dog and a cat so here they are.

This is Marshmallow, our 14 yr old Ragdoll cat.
http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/2670398-S.jpg

And this is Foofoo, our 4 yr old Coton de Tulear that we inherited in our daughter's divorce. ;)

http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/5694740-M.jpg

tab
10-16-2005, 08:14 PM
That is one gorgeous cat. Absolutely stunning. Your dog is cute too! And here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=899) is the thread where you can see everyone else's pictures. :)

rebecca
10-16-2005, 09:10 PM
Your babies are toooo cute :D

Danielle
10-16-2005, 09:20 PM
Awww, they are so adorable!! :heart: :heart:

Jan in CA
10-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Thank you! And oh phooey...I posted in the wrong place. :doh: :mrgreen:

KellyK
10-16-2005, 09:57 PM
Ill move it for ya!! :thumbsup:

CUUUUUTE PUPPPPYYYYYYYYY!!!! What a happy smile!

Kitty is pretty, too! :heart: Her eyes are AMAZING!

I cant believe this thread was hidden WAY back on page 4!! :shock:

Jan in CA
10-16-2005, 11:14 PM
Ill move it for ya!! :thumbsup:

CUUUUUTE PUPPPPYYYYYYYYY!!!! What a happy smile!

Kitty is pretty, too! :heart: Her eyes are AMAZING!

I cant believe this thread was hidden WAY back on page 4!! :shock:

Maybe you could move all these replies to that thread now, too and then just delete this one? Yes, she is a cute puppy dog. :)

KellyK
10-16-2005, 11:48 PM
Everything moved together....not to worry!

punkhippiemom
10-22-2005, 12:40 AM
awww, what cuties... save that pic for posterity, Nette, just to prove that they behaved themselves together, however briefly!
Love your dog and fluffy old kitty, Jan.

Off the subject - - - I've never been a fan of anklebiters, but my sis has a rat terrier... he and I bonded while we were visiting, now I'm contemplating one... but not until the other doggies have gone, at least.

KellyK
10-22-2005, 08:34 AM
Off the subject - - - I've never been a fan of anklebiters, but my sis has a rat terrier... he and I bonded while we were visiting, now I'm contemplating one... but not until the other doggies have gone, at least.
Y'know, everyone says the same thing about Howie...even me sometimes, actually...."I never really liked chihuahuas, but there's something about that Howie"

Maybe they are ALL just great dogs and they get a bad rap because of stupid Paris Hilton and the like????

feministmama
10-22-2005, 02:30 PM
Maybe they are ALL just great dogs and they get a bad rap because of stupid Paris Hilton and the like????

Is that why everyone has those littel dogs nowadays? I see them everywhere. Folks on the bus have a pocketbook but its really a dog carrier with a little dog in it. I've seen TONS of pug dogs, chiuhuahs, littel terriers things, etc.

KellyK
10-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Well, just like dalmation adoptions went up after the Disney movie came out.... *shrugs*

Femmy....why are you knitting socks for Mike Rowe? Just curious. :lol:

suziehomemaker
10-22-2005, 05:02 PM
SSSHHHH - DH is going to kill me but here's the cutest picture of him taking a nap with our kitties. They woke up and looked annoyed for the picture but they were just adorable cuddling with him!

I hope the picture isn't too dark to see. . .

Ingrid
10-22-2005, 05:08 PM
Judging from the looks on their faces, you're in biiiiig trouble! Beautiful cats, though. ;)

koolbreeze
10-22-2005, 05:37 PM
heres one that i know no one has!!!!! this what the girls got big brother Gino for his birthday... which isn't til thursday. but i had to get hime early cause he was the only one and he prolly wouldn't be there later, Gino has been beggin for one of these ugly things since last year... so now he has one!

Jan in CA
10-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Regarding little dogs..we have a little one because our yard is very small. Little ones a cuddlier, too. ;)

Ingrid
10-22-2005, 05:54 PM
Love the name!! :thinking: Now does he go in with the snake?

koolbreeze
10-22-2005, 06:53 PM
no. i had to promise not to feed him to the snake. though the snake would love him because he is hairless and much easier to swallow... slide right on down! :twisted:

Ingrid
10-22-2005, 07:05 PM
:roflhard: I know rats are smart and make good pets and all that, but I just can't seem to get any good vibes about a hairless one. Ew.

koolbreeze
10-22-2005, 08:22 PM
yeah, i'm not to fond of him either. but Gino is for some strange reason... hes a boy what can i say!

Ingrid
10-22-2005, 08:23 PM
I understand completely--my grandsons would have scorpions and alligators for pets if they could! They get a cat. You're the cool mom!! ;)

JessicaR
10-22-2005, 08:37 PM
We don't have kids but a dog, who is our kid. So I made her model my first hat for me. We aslo have 4 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs (used to run a rescue), and a chinchilla.[/img]