PDA

View Full Version : OT: Cheezy Pet photos --share your pics!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

amy
12-29-2005, 04:57 PM
:roflhard:

Preeeeetty white kitty! :inlove:

Born on 4 of 7
12-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Here is a picture of one of my three with his xmas present.

Angelia
12-29-2005, 05:48 PM
Oh Daisy and Mace are adorable!! :heart: :heart: (Though that yawn is kinda freaky looking! :rofling: )

Jackie M.
12-29-2005, 09:19 PM
Is that kitty yawning or giving a very loud MEOW??? LOL

Here is another creepy yawn from Annie (my avatar pic)

Angelia
12-29-2005, 09:21 PM
I'm afraid she's trying to EAT ME!!!

punkhippiemom
12-29-2005, 11:11 PM
:lol:

Doggy+Yarn=soggy knitting :help:
I'm soo glad that none of the animals have shown any interest in my yarn... now the kids, that's a different matter... :rollseyes:

Loving the kitty pics!! :thumbsup:

Angelia
12-29-2005, 11:34 PM
This happened about an hour ago. I left my knitting for about two minutes, and this is what I found when I returned. She'd crawled inside a booga!

Ingrid
12-30-2005, 12:11 AM
:roflhard: Mine does the same thing as soon as I leave the room. One of these days I think a Kitty bed is in order. She sure does looks comfy, though!

Angelia
12-30-2005, 12:23 AM
Cozy indeed--She was already going to sleep!

And it happened again later--and that time I watched her as she dug around in it to make it her "bed"--you know, doing those circle-around things cats do. Silly specimen.

I do need to knit a bed for her. She likes really tight spots like the booga. Her favorite "beds" are shoe boxes. They pooch at the sides from her girth and fur, but she could care less. I guess the snugness makes her feel safe :)

Andrea
12-30-2005, 12:48 AM
:heart: :heart: kitties :heart: :heart:

punkhippiemom
12-31-2005, 09:25 AM
This is my kitty Bubba sleeping on the very nice afghan MIL crocheted for us for Christmas....he's not being funny or anything, just cute... :D

Angelia
12-31-2005, 09:52 AM
He's adorable! :heart: I love ginger tabbies!

feministmama
12-31-2005, 12:14 PM
Here is my contribution!

Daisy looks like the Joker :roflhard:

punkhippiemom
12-31-2005, 02:56 PM
He's adorable! :heart: I love ginger tabbies!
Is that what he is? :?? I just called it fluffy yellow-orangey w/stripes ;) :lol:

Angelia
12-31-2005, 03:12 PM
Is that what he is? :?? I just called it fluffy yellow-orangey w/stripes ;) :lol:

What's in a name? A ginger tabby by any other name would be just as snuggly sweet!

Vendie
12-31-2005, 03:22 PM
so it's post a picture of your kitty day?

ok I'm game:

The first one is Zeus and Flees - my parents' furbabies - when they think no one is looking. I love how Zeus (right) has his little paws wrapped around his brother (left).

The second one is Zeus hanging out on these arched wall things that go around the dining room. He just leaps right up there and then leaps over to the ledge in the living room. When we were there last week, my little girl Frida just watched him in amazement (Zeus is her "boyfriend").

Ingrid
12-31-2005, 09:42 PM
I guess I should dry my sweaters behind locked doors! :evil:

knitterma
12-31-2005, 09:43 PM
Just wanted to post my contribution ... but also, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be careful with your pets and your yarn. Our Gracie nearly died a week ago because she ate about 20 yards of yarn and it obstructed her stomach and intestine. She had never even shown any interest in yarn before, so I was totally shocked that it was yarn which made her so so sick. The vet bill was over $1400 (and still climbing).

The last picture is Gracie's surgical wound ... the others are just pics of our lovies, Gracie and Totti. Sorry about the size! :D (The Mod Squad was here :waving: ) Also, sorry to be a downer but I saw the poochie chewing on yarn in one of the other pics and it made me :shock: .

Angelia
12-31-2005, 10:35 PM
That's so cute, Ingrid...really...if you think about it....

And poor Gracie! She ate 20 YARDS? Sheesh. Glad she's okay! :heart:

punkhippiemom
01-01-2006, 03:55 AM
:waving: hi, Bridgette!! Pretty pooch and kitty!
Sorry about your doggie and the yarn... :( I just had to rescue mine, too... she decided she wanted to eat a balloon string, and was walking around with the balloon hanging out of her mouth :shock: Lucky for me it was still inflated, or I never would have known! I hide my yarn from the animals because, even though they don't usually show any interest in eating it, they seem to want to dig in it for some reason :??

Jan in CA
01-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Pop goes the kitty! http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/katzewurst.gif

Marshmallow was running around like whacko yesterday, took a flying leap into her tent which tipped it over. I walked in the room and saw the tent tipped over and as I walked over there she popped out her head. LOL Not a good pic, but cute.
http://www.smilieland.com/graphics3/poes2520056.gif

Jan in CA
01-13-2006, 01:53 AM
No one wants to see kitty? :crying:

DannahK
01-13-2006, 03:47 AM
All of these are so cute! I've got to add mine!

We are a cat dog family - the dog is mine, the cat is my husband's, but we are becoming blended slowly...

Angelia
01-13-2006, 07:11 AM
Jan, your cat is beautiful! And ours knock their cat bed over all the time. In fact, we've stopped righting it since they seem to like it better on its side! :D

Dannah, your cat and dog are soo cute! We have a ginger tabby too--they're so pretty! Our cats like "helping" when I'm on the computer. The dh keeps his in another room for that very reason. :rollseyes: And your dog is lovely--and what an attention hound, loving the camera and all! :D

KellyK
01-13-2006, 08:16 AM
Inter-species relationships just warm my heart!! :heart:

And, Ingy....your kitty even has "dirty rat" written on her face! :roflhard:

BonnieM
01-13-2006, 09:35 AM
Everyone has such beautiful furkids!! Here's a pic of my :heart: dog, Coby, TheSpoiledRottenGoldenRetriever. Can you tell he's scared to death of the camera and totally hates the bandana? He's 7 years old, but still acts like a goofy puppy.

blueeyes28
01-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Here is my lab puppy Grace with my son Aidan they are wathing my other son get on the bus.

DotMom61
01-13-2006, 01:07 PM
Oh, PLEASE let me be the first to say: AWWWWWWWW!!

Mer
01-13-2006, 01:15 PM
I agree--AWWWWWW! :inlove:

blueeyes28
01-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Here is one more recently she still doesn't leave his side.

DannahK
01-13-2006, 01:30 PM
That was just too cute!

mintdee
01-13-2006, 03:21 PM
:inlove: AWWWWWWW! That is so sweet!

We have a cat so she not quite as loyal but she loves attacking my son Nick. I do not know what it is about him but she will hide and any time that he walks by she will run out jump and hit him on the leg a few times. When he crawls on the floor (which he does more lately because of Sophia) Gypsy will run up and bat at his face a few times and then dart off. She never uses her claws when doing that but I think she just likes playing with him. :roflhard:
He takes it all in stride now. hehehe

Jan in CA
01-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Oh man, blueeyes! That is too cute for words!

Ingrid
01-13-2006, 05:29 PM
I hope you have that picture that's by the window framed and hung in a prominent place. It's precious!!

blueeyes28
01-13-2006, 05:32 PM
I do :D

punkhippiemom
01-13-2006, 11:47 PM
Please tell me why the dog is named Hoover?? :roflhard:
All the animals are so precious ( :heart: your puppy and son blueeyes!!!), I just love this thread...

And for all of you out there that enjoy that sort of thing, tomorrow is national Dress Up Your Pet day!!! :cheering:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-13-2006, 11:57 PM
OMG i love the window picture :heart:

Jan in CA
01-13-2006, 11:57 PM

One of our cats was named Sierra, but we used to lovingly call her Hoover because she was chubby and would eat anything and everything. :roflhard:

CateKnits
01-14-2006, 12:59 AM
I still want to meet Cheddy, Hildie. Soooooo cute!
This is Momo. She's now The Biggest Hamster Ever.

DannahK
01-14-2006, 05:24 AM

Here's the story behind the name. When I got Hoover, he was a small little puffball, and his "best friend" was a Great Dane - who's head was bigger than my boy's whole body. The first day I got him, the then "no named puff ball" and I went upstairs to the apartment with my friend and her dane. Harley- the Dane - grabbed a mouth full of food and carried it out to the living room, dropping it along the way. "No Named Puffball" walked through her legs picking up every piece she dropped. I looked at my friend and muttered the immortal words that named him, "He's such a little Hoover."

Angelia
01-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Oh, wow! Precious pic after precious pic! The dog and boy in the window is priceless! And Hildie, your cats remind me of mine--sprawling themselves out all over the place. And how cute is Momo!

:inlove:

Lovelies!!!

meg
01-14-2006, 11:44 AM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/mygurl75/HPIM0576.jpg

thats my maximillion! :heart:

Jan in CA
01-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Wow Meg! :shock: That is an amazing jump! Great catch with the camera!

meg
01-14-2006, 12:08 PM
Wow Meg! :shock: That is an amazing jump! Great catch with the camera!

thanks! thats the hubby instigating! he only does that with Rob, im just the cameraman! :)

Indygirl
01-14-2006, 12:14 PM
These are my companions. Ginger is a very sweet and loving girl. Mulligan is a much different story. He is just like a mischievous little boy.
They both love double pointed needle's(wood) :(

meg
01-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Indy - what cute little faces your pup's have!

Indygirl
01-14-2006, 12:24 PM
Indy - what cute little faces your pup's have!

Thanks, They are great company. They never complain about me knitting. ;)

Jan in CA
01-14-2006, 12:24 PM
Are those King Charles Spaniels? They are so cute!

Indygirl
01-14-2006, 12:36 PM

Yes they are. Ginger is 4 and Mulligan is 3 years old. I hope I haven't intruded into a cat world. I love cats too.

Jan in CA
01-14-2006, 12:45 PM

Yes they are. Ginger is 4 and Mulligan is 3 years old. I hope I haven't intruded into a cat world. I love cats too.

Oh no, many of us have dogs, too. Here's mine. ;) Here name is Foofoo.

http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/5694740-M.jpg

And the cat, Marshmallow. She's a Ragdoll cat.
http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/2670398-S.jpg

Angelia
01-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Wow, two pages of too much cuteness! :inlove: :inlove:

I'm still amazed by the cat-in-the-air photo... :shock:

Vendie
01-15-2006, 10:50 AM
I totally missed that cat-in-the-air picture! Frida does that (as does my mom's cat Zeus), but I don't think she can quite get as high! Wow!

Indy your pup pups are adorable!

Indygirl
01-15-2006, 03:19 PM
I totally missed that cat-in-the-air picture! Frida does that (as does my mom's cat Zeus), but I don't think she can quite get as high! Wow!

Indy your pup pups are adorable!
Thanks. :happydance: They are very loving.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-15-2006, 05:04 PM
WOW. I love the flying kitty!!!!!!! I can never get mine like that... stanley is too lazy to jump, and cheddy is too fat to get that high!

mailgirl
01-15-2006, 05:30 PM
Rhoda!

KellyK
01-15-2006, 08:44 PM
HEWWO, RHODA!! :heart:

We went to dinner last night with some friends and someone had short ribs...the rib bone was NOT short, and they had it wrapped up to send home for Howie, who just defensively growled at me for the first time EVER!

CateKnits
01-15-2006, 08:45 PM
..am I the only one who finds Howie scary? :oo:

Indygirl
01-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Howie is veryyyy cute. The bone is bigger then he is :roflhard:

Ingrid
01-15-2006, 09:02 PM
Howie must think he won the lottery! :rofling:

Angelia
01-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Aww, Howie!!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

KellyK
01-15-2006, 09:50 PM
..am I the only one who finds Howie scary? :oo:

YES! :mad:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

CateKnits
01-15-2006, 09:53 PM
Sorry, Kelly, but that was NOT a friendly-puppy face! :shock:

KellyK
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
How about THIS one?

Angelia
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
Okay, so am I the only person who experiences a kitty invasion while knitting? I mean, look at this madness!

KellyK
01-15-2006, 10:01 PM
:roflhard: OMG I didnt know you had FIVE cats!!! :roflhard:

CateKnits
01-15-2006, 10:03 PM
:shock: Got any more, Angelia? One under your butt, perhaps? Up your nose? :roflhard:

Angelia
01-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Well, my nose is stuffy...and I do find hair in the oddest places... :shock:

Since I've moved to the computer to visit the forum, they've all moved into the chair behind me. They NEVER sit with the dh. EVER. I love them, but geez.

KellyK
01-15-2006, 10:07 PM
You have FIVE cats in ONE chair with you??? :roflhard:

Angelia
01-15-2006, 10:10 PM
No, but they have tried to sit in this wee chair with me. They're in the big comfy chair behind me. Oh no, I lie: one has thrown herself in the floor next to my computer chair; apparently I am not attentive enough! :rollseyes:

CateKnits
01-15-2006, 10:15 PM
I want one! :( I've always wanted a kitty.
..and a hedgehog.
Momo won't play with me anymore and I don't know why. The other day, she climbed on my hand to eat a treat and now she won't even take them if I drop them for her. :crying:

Angelia
01-15-2006, 10:18 PM
Oh no! She's not sick or anything, is she?

:heart: Hugs :heart:

CateKnits
01-15-2006, 10:20 PM
I think she's just moody. She's still enjoying her other favorite activities - chewing on the metal part of the cage, kicking food down her little plastic tube (which makes a horrible noise when it hits the little plastic house underneath), and crawling into the orange tube and looking like she's actually WATCHING the tv. Plus, she's still eating and drinking and running around.

KellyK
01-15-2006, 10:20 PM
:heart: *tiny little hamster hugs for Momo* :heart:

Ingrid
01-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Angelia--you must radiate heat!! Catwoman! :happydance:

I think Howie's adorable! :heart:

Maybe Momo doesn't like that kind of treat anymore?

CateKnits
01-15-2006, 10:27 PM
Maybe, Ingrid... :thinking: I don't know where her other treats are, but I'll ask Neva-Lee when she gets back tomorrow and try giving her one of those. I can't get her to go in the ball, either. Usually, I stick my hand out so she can climb on it and then put her in the ball because I don't want to grab her and scare her...but she's totally uninterested in my hand now.

Jan in CA
01-15-2006, 10:52 PM
OMG Angelia! That is the cutest picture!! My cat likes to get in my lap or sit near me when I knit, too. Well actually she likes to be wherever I am and so does the dog. LOL

http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/katze55.gif

Andrea
01-15-2006, 11:31 PM
Angelia I :heart: :heart: :heart: that picture!!

And Meg, that is the coolest flying kitty pic!

:heart: **KISSES** to Momo :heart:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-16-2006, 12:10 AM
angelia that's a riot!!!!

feltedknitter
01-16-2006, 12:18 AM
:cheering:
OMG Angelia how do you have space to knit???

Angelia
01-16-2006, 12:30 AM
Well, I don't really have space to knit....I usually end up getting frustrated and shooing everyone away. Fortunately, at the time of the photo, I was working the strap portion of the Lucy bag on dpns, so I didn't need much room!

dustinac
01-16-2006, 09:18 AM
What cuties you guys have love the cat flying through the air photos!!! Jan I have always wanted a ragdoll kitty cat... they are so pretty... Angelia lol love that photo I wish I could have 5 cats inside.... but dh says No :D ... The king Charles are adorable and Howie is umm.. he is um...well no just kidding he is adorable too!!! Hope he enjoyed the bone.. Cute photos everbody :thumbsup:

Jackie M.
01-16-2006, 12:43 PM
[quote="Jan in CA"][quote="Indygirl43"][quote="Jan in CA"]
Oh no, many of us have dogs, too. Here's mine. ;) Here name is Foofoo.

http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/5694740-M.jpg

quote]

Why am I not surprised that the cute little dog is named Foofoo?

Jan in CA
01-16-2006, 12:53 PM
Why am I not surprised that the cute little dog is named Foofoo?

Well she is a "foofoo" or "foofie" little dog, no? :roflhard: :roflhard: BTW..I didn't name her, our daughter did. My DH won't call her that outdoors. :roflhard:

lmc
01-16-2006, 01:02 PM
Henry V was adopted in Mendocino from the Humane Society there. We saw him out in a cage on display in the town square while having a weekend away...not in the market for a cat at all...but fell in love with this huge 20 lb 3 yr old Tabby. He is so big and regal and our fifth cat together therefore King Henry V for a name. So he came home with us and is a real love ever since. He loves to play with dangling knitting needles and yarn sometimes to my distraction/i.e. wanting to strangle him...but I don't... :heart: :inlove: I love him. He sleeps with ME!

dustinac
01-16-2006, 01:05 PM
awww he looks like my beloved Tiger Joe I had when I was little girl... I loved that kitty cat.. he got to the point where it hurt to eat cause of his teeth so pretty and thanks for bringing back a memory...

Jan, ROTFLOL when we lived in an apt. my dh wouldn't walk my shih-tzu in sweaters :rollseyes:

lmc
01-16-2006, 01:07 PM
I will no longer complain about my cat going after yarn and needles at least he's just ONE CAT! Dear God Woman...5? At least they are all sleeping. Do they ever all play with the yarn and needles at the same time? Now that would be untenuable! (Is that a word?) :roflhard:

Jenelle
01-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Aww.. That's a really pretty cat Imc! He looks like our jasper, but in another color(jasper is orange and striped).

Jan your dog is very cute!! ;)

lmc
01-16-2006, 01:20 PM
I found the flying cat! Amazing. Henry V is too heavy to get anywhere near that far off the ground. I love all these animal photos. So cute. I guess knitters are great animal people too. Wonder what that means? Glad I could conjure up good memories for your childhood kitty. I have had cats (one at a time) in my life since I was five. My dad brought the first one home on a Sunday morning. He pulled this white ball of fur, a persian kitten with blue eyes, out of his jacket pocket and plopped it on the floor next to me reading the funny papers (comic strips). My mom named him Doc. He lived till I was 19 and away from home already! He used to follow me up the street on my way to school. He also jumped off the house roof three times and broke a leg each time! He really did have nine lives! Thanks for letting me remenice. (God I wish I could spell, it means remember!!!!!!!!!! :rofling: )

Angelia
01-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Oh, I want Foofoo!!! (A Maltese?)

And Henry V should be named Henry VIII :shock: He's adorable in his bigness, though! :inlove: ...I have always wanted a HUGE cat! Of course I have 5 fatties, so I guess that's close enough.

When I told the dh everyone has been making fun of me for the 5 cats thing, he said "be glad you're married; otherwise you'd be one of those sad, creepy, and lonely cat ladies." I guess that makes me a sad, creepy, and MARRIED cat lady...

lmc
01-16-2006, 03:24 PM
We are not making fun of you...(much)...we are in awe of anyone being able to knit at least I am with five animals lurking around...i do believe those sleeping cats do wake up unless you drug them during knitting times now that is an idea otherwise they are playing with your yarn and needles just like Henry V does of course he's still a kitten sort of in his playfulness and now I'd better get to work before I have to fire myself for not showing up enjoy the day and does the d before the h in dh mean dear husband? ;)

Jackie M.
01-16-2006, 03:31 PM
Henry has on his "do not disturb" face.

Angelia
01-16-2006, 03:37 PM
We are not making fun of you...(much)...we are in awe of anyone being able to knit at least I am with five animals lurking around...

:roflhard: :roflhard:

"much"! HA!

And sometimes they try to help, but mostly they leave me alone. They're just in the way, obviously! :)

does the d before the h in dh mean dear husband? ;)

Can mean "dear"...can mean other "d" words, depending on what he's done...;)

Jackie M.
01-16-2006, 03:40 PM
:shock: Got any more, Angelia? One under your butt, perhaps? Up your nose? :roflhard:

Maybe that's how Jake got this way!

sorry for reposting pic. It just fit in with Cateknits comment

Ingrid
01-16-2006, 03:43 PM

*Honey? Where's the sixth cat? :thinking: *

Jan in CA
01-16-2006, 04:21 PM
Oh, I want Foofoo!!! (A Maltese?)

She looks a lot like a maltese, but is about twice the size. They are TEENY! She weighs in at 11.5 lbs. Oh and her breed is Coton de Tulear.

When I told the dh everyone has been making fun of me for the 5 cats thing, he said "be glad you're married; otherwise you'd be one of those sad, creepy, and lonely cat ladies." I guess that makes me a sad, creepy, and MARRIED cat lady...

No one is making fun of you! Teasing maybe, but that's all. ;) I love cats, but one cat and one dog is plenty for me. It's hard enough to take a trip now with just the two!

OMG Jackie!! That cat is hilarious!!!

Andrea
01-17-2006, 01:47 AM
My little Jasmine...

lmc
01-17-2006, 02:37 AM
All the animals are adorable, but the cat in the green chair is hysterical. That and the flying cat get my vote for best photos! Just incase there is a contest! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

KellyK
01-17-2006, 08:24 AM
Andrea.... :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Howie sleeps like that, too....

Angelia
01-17-2006, 08:38 AM
Oh, Jasmine looks so cozy! I'm jealous!

WynnieG
01-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Here are some pics of my beagles. Rosie (http://www.dogster.com/?28874), the first, went to the Rainbow Bridge on Dec. 4. Owen's (http://www.dogster.com/?246863) first month anniversary (of adoption) was yesterday! (Links are to their Dogster.com pages for even more photos and bios of each!)

http://www.strongoak.net/rosie/RosieGrin.JPG

Rosie was a loooong beagle/basset mix. 26" from neck to base of tail. Talk about hard to shop for! Here she is, lounging like a cat on our couch:

http://www.strongoak.net/rosie/SleeepyRosie.JPG

And here are a couple of pictures of Owen. In the second photo, he is on the far right of the "pack" (this was his foster family). Here you can see his shaved side from the cancer surgery, as well as the little white mark on the back of his head in the shape of a heart. Note also his size compared to the other beagles! He's 15" high, but is 19" long and weighed about 48lbs when this was taken. Third photo illustrates one of his begging dances.

http://www.strongoak.net/owen/blanket2.JPG

http://www.strongoak.net/owen/oweninpack.jpg

http://www.strongoak.net/owen/beggin.JPG

JessicaR
01-19-2006, 04:48 PM
Beagles are the best!

KellyK
01-19-2006, 06:37 PM
:cheering: :heart: :cheering: :heart: :cheering:

Angelia
01-20-2006, 07:35 AM
Aw!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Andrea
01-20-2006, 02:49 PM
:heart: :heart: Rosie and Owen :heart: :heart:

Jenelle
01-20-2006, 03:08 PM
Awww.. cute Beagles :) :heart:

amy
01-20-2006, 06:36 PM
Cute Beagles!!! :heart:

blueeyes28, that pic of your choc. lab puppy and toddler at the window is just toooooooooo precious. (Page 52 (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=100489#100489) folks, so cute.)

Hildie, that pic of Stanley in the window is so adorable! He looks sooooooo relaxed. :lol:

Howie with the bone is too adorable! (I miss Howieeeeee! :crying: He's stolen my heart. :heart:)

WynnieG
01-20-2006, 06:50 PM
I concur with Amy on the Howie vs. the Bone pic. I might have to steal him!

Andrea
01-21-2006, 12:04 AM
6+ inches of snow tonight so far...I'm a mean mommy!

Angelia
01-21-2006, 12:05 AM
Poor Peanut!! :roflhard: :roflhard:

She looks absolutely miserable!

:heart: Hugs for Peanut :heart:

Andrea
01-21-2006, 12:08 AM
Esp. since I wasn't letting her in until I took a pic!!!

Angelia
01-21-2006, 12:15 AM
I know! :fingerwag:

Danielle
01-21-2006, 12:19 AM
Aw, how cute peanut is! :heart:

Angelia
01-22-2006, 01:48 PM
I made a cat toy earlier in the week. I just call it a kitty pillow. Mina, apparently, has taken that to heart!

(We tried to avoid the evil glow-eyes in the photos, but it's impossible since Mina is an evil kitty! :twisted:)

lmc
01-22-2006, 01:57 PM
What a sweet kitty. Do you put katnip in the pillow? I bought one at the store during the holidays that is larger than yours and it has a zipper on one end. I put katnip in it that came with the package. Henry V loves to roll on it and sit on it. I guess he gets high! Don't report me please!
I wasn't clever enough to think of making my own. Good for you.

The eyes do look a bit diabolic.

I am feeling possessed. Must run and do some :XX: to undo the hex.

Angelia
01-22-2006, 04:03 PM
Sorry about the hex... :shifty: Hope it wears off soon...

And yes, it has catnip in it. She's stoned...she lay like that for about 5 mintues.

I made it on dpns using WOTA. Just cast on 24 stitches on size 3 dpns, knit and join as for a sock cuff; knit until it's big enough to be a toy (that one's about 3.5 - 4 inches or so) bind off. Sew up one end, add catnip and cotton balls 'til full, then sew up the other end. Voila! Drugs for cats in convenient pillow shape! :thumbsup:

lmc
01-22-2006, 04:07 PM
Cute, cute, cute and very clever...now as new knitter need some help with abrivs...what is WOTA? Without??? With..old tangled assortedyarns? :thinking: NO IDEA!!!!!!!! MIND Frozen.
I do know double pointed needles!!!!! :thumbsup:

Ingrid
01-22-2006, 04:29 PM
WOTA--Wool of the Andes--Inexpensive, feltable yarn from www.knitpicks.com ;)

WynnieG
01-22-2006, 04:30 PM
WOTA stands for Wool of the Andes (http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/yarn_Display.aspx?itemid=5420103), a yarn popular with knitters here (particularly for felted projects).

lmc
01-22-2006, 05:07 PM
omg your advertizers are going to be so glad I joined this site. I found a book, yarn...I am drooling...the prices are great...do they have yarns that aren't just hand washable? I am a real hands off/machine washer type of person if at all possible...but great thanks for the lead and thanks for the explaintions all of you. ;)

Andrea
01-22-2006, 10:18 PM
:shock:
Scary kitty!!
(But Mina is very purrty)

chanters
01-22-2006, 10:41 PM
Meow! So many cute pets! *drools* I lurves pets!

Here's mine:

lmc
01-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Cute curly doggie...I love that you all seem to have pillows and stuff with animal figures on them too...true animal lovers...I also like your couch...

...and I finally saw the cow pjs. Too cute!!!! look like soft flannel too.
So do you have cow pets as well? Just wondering. :rollseyes:

trucker945
01-22-2006, 11:12 PM
This guy has been through two coyote attacks, one cougar attack, and three great horned-owl attacks. He has cost us more in vet bills than a new car. He is now 13 years old.

Sara
01-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Hello, Mr. Moochie!

KellyK
01-22-2006, 11:22 PM
OOOOH HAPPY CHARLIE!!! :heart:

I love kitties rolled into kittyballs!!

Sophie and Maddie went to the beauty shop today.....Howie missed his Sophie DESPERATELY, so there was much puppy love at my house tonight....

Jackie M.
01-22-2006, 11:22 PM
I hope he hasn't used up all of his nine lives! Poor Moochie! He deserves the softest yarn bed there is.

Ingrid
01-22-2006, 11:26 PM
Aaaaaw Kelly! I feel the love! :heart: :heart: How sweet!

KellyK
01-22-2006, 11:56 PM
They just warm my little heart....they truly are BEST friends. And, Sophie is just a big LUMP of LOVE. Nothing but sweet!

lmc
01-23-2006, 02:04 AM
I am AH-ing all over the place. Such a cute couple and I LOVE :heart: the sweater!!!! :rofling: Actually I've always thought clothes on animals a little silly but I am impressed with your work nonetheless! ;)

And Mr. Moochie reminds me of my "Doc", a cat I had from age 5-19 that broke three legs one after the other all from jumping off the roof of our house. You'd think he'd learn. No such luck. He lived a good long life.
Congrats on teaching yourself to knit. I am too!

KellyK
01-23-2006, 09:16 AM
Such a cute couple and I LOVE :heart: the sweater!!!! :rofling: Actually I've always thought clothes on animals a little silly but I am impressed with your work nonetheless! ;)

Thanks, LMC.....and, its okay. I have thought so, too, but Ive had to reconsider as I have a south-of-the-border dog living in The Windy City! Anything below 60 degrees and he's shivering! He helps me put it on....lifts each paw, etc....so I know he likes it.

Angelia
01-23-2006, 09:20 AM
Didn't you say somewhere, Kelly, that he actually gets excited when you get out one of his little sweaters?

KellyK
01-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Yup...he comes over to me, sits, and stretches his neck forward to help me get it over his head, then lifts each paw for the sleeves.

As long as it's a sweater he likes.....there was one I made and one I purchased for which he hid under my desk. He knows how to communicate, this one! :lol:

feministmama
01-23-2006, 11:51 AM
And they caaaled it.....puppy loooooooooooooooove

lmc
01-23-2006, 12:27 PM
VERY intelligent doggie. Wow! And he has his "colors" and perhaps "textures" and maybe even "styles" that he prefers!!!! WOW! Now I am really impressed. He reminds me of my baby granddaughter, 16 month older, who is trying so hard to dress herself. I am sure your doggie would if he could and maybe one day he will even go to the drawer and get it out and learn how to burrow into his own little sweater! I no longer see clothes on animals the same way as I used to! Thanks for the EDUCATION! :D

KellyK
01-23-2006, 01:58 PM
:rofling:

lmc
01-23-2006, 02:47 PM
I am being serious!!! I really do think you have a really smart dog!!!!
:D

KellyK
01-23-2006, 04:06 PM
I know you meant it, LMC darlin......its just that I was picturing him trying to put his own clothes on WITHOUT THUMBS! :rofling:

lmc
01-23-2006, 04:28 PM
i am visualizing him wiggling into the bottom opening of the sweater, scooting up into it and then extending one paw and arm at a time into each sleeve hole and finally pushing his head as in the birthing process through the hole on top! Wha-la! He has dressed himself!!!! :D

NOW you can :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

KellyK
01-23-2006, 05:34 PM
and finally pushing his head as in the birthing process through the hole on top!

Angelia
01-23-2006, 06:11 PM

CarmenIbanez
01-23-2006, 07:40 PM
I don't know about getting in, but my chihuahuas are excellent at getting out of their clothes!!! :shock:

Angelia
01-23-2006, 10:18 PM
Okay, another of two of mine snuggling...this time on the back of the recliner...this is a new snuggle spot for them!

Ingrid
01-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Cheek to cheek! How sweet! :heart:

KellyK
01-23-2006, 11:05 PM
Wouldnt it be the CUTEST if Mina and Bea and Howie and Sophie all cuddled together??? :mrgreen:

Angelia
01-23-2006, 11:11 PM
Oh wow, yes! :heart: :heart:

And I think Mina and Bea would do it, seriously! Bea is just a slut, really; she tries snuggling with everyone, but only Mina lets her. If Howie and Sophie let her, then she'd be beside herself! More warm bodies to clean and knead! And Mina, well, she loves everybody!

Cristy
01-23-2006, 11:15 PM
my weiner dog is awfully affectionate too...I understand Angelia...

lmc
01-24-2006, 12:35 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: KellyK I am :rofling: with you!

Angelia, the two cats snuggling is so cute. Is that the evil cat on the right?
They are just beautiful. Your books look interesting too. Lynn

Andrea
01-24-2006, 05:38 AM
Wouldnt it be the CUTEST if Mina and Bea and Howie and Sophie all cuddled together??? :mrgreen:

What about my Nuptial Grande????????????????????????????????????? (That would be my Peanut)

KellyK
01-24-2006, 08:18 AM
EVERYONE should cuddle together!!! :cheering:

Angelia
01-24-2006, 08:50 AM
Lynn--yes, that's the evil one on the right...

OH! Speaking of evil! Over the weekend I made several catnip toys for the cats of people I work with. I had them in a ziploc bag in my work satchel. Someone (MINA, I suspect) opened the satchel, opened the bag, and proceeded to play with the other kitties' toys!! They are all gross now--wet and mangled. Blech! I'll have to knit new ones. Right now she's staring at the letters on the monitor as I type them; she keeps trying to "get" them.

We need a priest or something...

KellyK
01-24-2006, 09:27 AM
Right now she's staring at the letters on the monitor as I type them; she keeps trying to "get" them..

That's SO cute!!

Sophie doesnt like close-up shots of faces on TV.....she'll jump down off her chair and growl & bark..... "That head is WAY too big!!!" :lol:

Angelia
01-24-2006, 09:29 AM

I used to have a cat who would attack Conan O'Brien's face. Just his--no one else's. :shock:

Andrea
01-24-2006, 10:32 AM
You know what's crazy?? Jasmine doesn't like Conan's hands flailing all around, she always jumps up and smacks them.

Peanut always takes the cat's toys and slobbers all over them. Of course, the cats don't have many toys since Jasmine decided to use their toy basket as a litter box without my knowledge. She left a lovely black spot (seepage from the urine) on our hardwood floors. :evil:

Somehow I was able to convince DH to keep her after that incident. Sometimes I wonder why I keep fighting for her...

Here's an aerial view of my baby Ursula who loves her mommy so much :inlove:

Angelia
01-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Aw, how sweet! :inlove: Ursula! :heart: :heart:

Ew, too bad about the impromptu litter box...I have a story like that: I had a pile of quiz papers that I stupidly left on the coffee table overnight. The next morning, they were all over the floor, and someone had mistaken them for litter and pooped on them. Imagine having to explain that to students! :oops:

KellyK
01-24-2006, 10:52 AM
One of the first times I took Howie to work (he was about 8 wks old) he pooped on a pile of papers that were on my Boss's (the Executive Director) floor....turns out they were licensure papers from the State of IL! DBoss laughed and said Howie had just made his first political statement! :roflhard:

Angelia
01-24-2006, 10:56 AM

My cat, apparently, was doing its own grading! :D

Andrea
01-24-2006, 11:03 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: @ bad kitties and doggies!!
Here's another gross cat pee story---Jasmine decided to use my bulletproof vest as a litter box when I was off for a few days a couple months ago. The day I went back to work, I walked into shift change and said "Ewwww it smells like cat pee in here!!" Little did I know, it was ME! :oops: I needed a new vest anyway....

Angelia
01-24-2006, 11:55 AM

Oh, that's bad, Andrea!

feministmama
01-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Okay, another of two of mine snuggling...this time on the back of the recliner...this is a new snuggle spot for them!

Femmy falls down on thefloor THUD! Death by cuteness :heart:

Calabaza
01-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Here is my pup Oscar. Hes a pootle(Sp?) malteese (sp?) mix. Hes a wonderful dog and I love him. lol although I do want a great dane, but dh says I must wait till we have a house.

lmc
01-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Couldn't you just wash the new toys for your friends? Noway to take the catnip out first? Oy. Too bad. I guess YOUR CAT put her mark on them so they would ALL be HERS!!!! Smart CAT THAT! :D

Angelia
01-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Ooooh, Oscar is adorable! :inlove: :inlove:

And yes, all toys MUST be hers. She sees to that--definitely the Alpha around here! :rofling:

KellyK
01-24-2006, 01:24 PM
WUVVVV OSCAR!!!! :heart:

JessicaR
01-24-2006, 01:45 PM
Andrea, what kind of dog is Peanut? She's so cute!!! Still young or full grown?

Jenelle
01-24-2006, 02:17 PM
Andrea you have such a cute kitty!! :inlove:

Andrea
01-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Thanks!
Peanut is about 3 years old. We don't know she is---perhaps a rat terrier/chihuahua mix?

Angelia
01-24-2006, 07:43 PM
She's just cute, that's what she is!

I love mix-breeds; there's something endearing about the mysterious ancestry! ;)

Andrea
01-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Dear Angelia,

ruff ruff ruff :heart: :heart: :heart: ruff ruff ruff

Love, Peanut :heart:

Angelia
01-25-2006, 07:46 AM
:heart: Snuggles, belly rubs, and beefy treets for Peanut! :heart:

KellyK
01-25-2006, 08:35 AM
RRROOOOO ROOOO ROOO :verysad:

Love,
Howie

Angelia
01-25-2006, 09:18 AM
:heart: Oh Howie!! Snuggles, belly rubs, sweater fun, beefy treats! :heart:

KellyK
01-25-2006, 09:21 AM
TREATS?!?!

Ingrid
01-25-2006, 09:23 AM
I must say that I was never a big fan of chihuahas before 'meeting' Howie. I didn't know little dogs could have such big personalities! :heart:

Angelia
01-25-2006, 09:24 AM
You want more beefy treats, Howie?

How can I say no to that face!!!

Here ya go!

KellyK
01-25-2006, 09:33 AM
*wag wag wag*

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/howie_big_bone2.jpg

Angelia
01-25-2006, 09:57 AM
:cheering: :cheering:

:inlove: :inlove:

burnsie9999
01-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Here is mine!! I love to share

Ingrid
01-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Look at that face!! :inlove:

Andrea
01-25-2006, 02:48 PM
:heart: :heart: soooo cute!! What's the little fella's name?? :heart: :heart:

Andrea
01-25-2006, 02:49 PM
RRROOOOO ROOOO ROOO :verysad:

Love,
Howie

Peanut :heart: Howie

CarmenIbanez
01-25-2006, 04:00 PM
I can see that ALL chichuahuas have the same "TREATS?????" face! Did someone say treats? I can't say treats, cookies or hungry. And now I can't even spell F-O-O-D. She already knows what I am saying by the second letter. And the look on her face looks just like THAT ONE on Howie!

Lisa1216
01-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Burnsie9999~ He is so cute! What kind of dog is he? Looks like he could get stuck between the posts!

Angelia
01-25-2006, 11:45 PM
Dogs can spell. They know what o-u-t and f-o-o-d mean...verry clever!

And oh my goodness, that cute black face on burnsie's poochie!!!

KellyK
01-26-2006, 12:22 AM
OMG I LUV COLE!!!!!!!!!! :heart: Pugs are SO awesome! :mrgreen:

Andrea
01-26-2006, 11:54 AM
My little baby...

CarmenIbanez
01-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Okay, Ursula is just a fantastic name for a kitty.

Andrea
01-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Awwww thanks! :D
Little Mermaid names :D ...The one I had before her was a beautiful calico I named Ariel...she died while getting declawed after I only had her for a week. I went to the shelter and saw this itty bitty funny colored kitty and thought she was the total opposite of Ariel, so I named her Ursula.

My other cat, in keeping with Disney names, is Jasmine

Angelia
01-26-2006, 01:14 PM
:heart: :heart: Ursula! I love her coloring! It's not calico...what is it? There's a name for it... :thinking:

Andrea
01-26-2006, 01:30 PM
she's a tortoiseshell :D

ETA ( :D ): She won the blue ribbon "Face Only a Mother Could Love" in the 2000 Algonquin Founder's Days Pet Contest!! :roflhard:

Angelia
01-26-2006, 01:38 PM
"Face Only a Mother Could Love"? That is soooo mean! :mad: She's beautiful!

And yes, tortoiseshell is what I was thinking of...thanks! :thumbsup:

Andrea
01-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Wait until you see her after I get in the groomer for her "lion cut" She looks soooo cute!!

Friskums
01-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Now that I'm finally here on my home comp instead of work I can show off my babies too. I'm a huge animal nut. :mrgreen:
I've got way too many animal pics to post, so I'll narrow it down to living ones that are mine.
http://kungphu.com/kat/images/pets/Bob6.jpg
My first cat, Bob. Black and white shorthair.
http://kungphu.com/kat/images/pets/scardy.JPG
My second cat, Scardey. Mutt. (Tortie/Tabby coloration) Her pretty colors.(above) ^ And her pretty face (below)\/ She hates having her picture taken. :lol: (Excuse my eyelashes. I was getting ready for halloween.)
http://kungphu.com/kat/images/pets/scardeyface.jpg

http://kungphu.com/kat/images/pets/shirley.jpg
Third cat, Shirley. Dilute tortie. (She's also looking for a new home. She's with my mom right now in northern Minnesota, so if you'd like a sweet little kitty, let me know. And I mean little. She's still kitten sized even though she's over a year old now.)

http://kungphu.com/kat/images/pets/cia.jpg
My horse Cia. Egyptian Arabian.

And my lovable sidekick, Kagney. \/
http://kungphu.com/kat/images/pets/kagney.jpg
Relaxin' (she always sleeps like this)
http://kungphu.com/kat/images/pets/kags-relaxed.jpg
And, her summer shave.
http://kungphu.com/kat/images/pets/kagney-shaved.jpg

She's like two dogs in one. During the winter, I have a pomeranian, and during the summer I have a giant chihuahua. :lol:

Sadly, all my aminals are still with my mom in Iron, MN. I've just recently moved to FL (to be with my boyfriend) and haven't been able to afford transporting them down here yet.
Soon though, hopefully. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Angelia
01-26-2006, 10:58 PM
Wow!! You're furbabies are adorable, and you've got quite an assortment! I certainly hope they can be with you soon; it gets lonesome without them (and men are no substitute!).

Friskums
01-26-2006, 11:30 PM
I know. And, sadly, he doesn't like kitties or small dogs. :crying:
But, as long as the kitties get their own room when we get a house/new apt then I can bring them down.
(Even though I have -no- intention of keeping them locked up to one room. I'll let him keep them out of the bedroom, but they will have the rest of the house to play in. ;) )

We've always had a bunch of animals. Over my lifetime, we've had numerous cats and dogs, birds, rats, rabbits, hamsters, horses, goats, chickens, peacocks, a duck, a goose, a crow and fish.
My mom has the chickens and peacocks right now. (And the peahen is sitting on a couple of eggs!) Along with the cats, dogs and horses.

Andrea
01-27-2006, 02:03 AM
:heart: :heart: :heart: for all your animals!!!

CarmenIbanez
01-27-2006, 02:24 PM
Okay, here are my animal babies.... Astrid is the first dog I've ever had, and I adore her. We received Bullit from a friend who couldn't keep him. His nickname is "Crack" because he is so soft that if you pet him you cannot stop!

Daisy is our newest member. She is a tortoise. What can I say? I am a sucker for animals that have no home. She is very sweet, but I love this picture. We call this her ferocious look!

Andrea
01-27-2006, 02:28 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: Daisy!!! :heart: :heart: that look!!
Your doggies are adorable!! Astrid is the cutest name!

KellyK
01-27-2006, 03:38 PM
OH MAN, FK....this boyfriend better learn QUICK.....Love YOU, love your ANIMALS! I would NEVER live without my furbabies!! Id even have that gorgeous HORSE sleepin in my bed with the rest of us if I could!! :heart:

Carmen....are Astrid and Bullit chihuahua mixes? They sure have chi looks on their faces!! :heart:

Friskums
01-27-2006, 03:45 PM
OH MAN, FK....this boyfriend better learn QUICK.....Love YOU, love your ANIMALS! I would NEVER live without my furbabies!! Id even have that gorgeous HORSE sleepin in my bed with the rest of us if I could!! :heart:

He's learning. I had to wait a number of years before he finally realized that we were meant for eachother (and he still doesn't believe that, even)
:lol: He's such a silly boy. :heart:

We've only 'officially' been together for a little over a year and living together for 4 months. So...I'm working on him. :mrgreen:
..but he's still got some work left to do. :lol:

Poor thing's only ever had two dogs (one at a time) as pets. So, it'll take him quite a bit of adjustment to get used to the farm I want. :lol: :lol:
He loves me, and he'll learn to love them too.

CarmenIbanez
01-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Carmen....are Astrid and Bullit chihuahua mixes? They sure have chi looks on their faces!! :heart:

Astrid is a chi, Bullit we think is a chi/min pin mix. He has longer thinner legs and he walks with that min pin high kick. Astrid's mommy was a "deer head" and her daddy was an "apple" head, so she has a longer snout than most common chis. But personality wise, they are both chis. Bullit chases our friends 100lb weimeraner around the yard, it is the funniest thing you ever saw!

KellyK
01-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Bullit chases our friends 100lb weimeraner around the yard, it is the funniest thing you ever saw!

Yup...I know whatcha mean. There's just TOO MUCH DOG packed into those little bodies! The week after Howie turned 6 mos old, he attempted to "mark" a rottweiler in his puppy class! :shock: Ive seen LOTS of big dogs back away from him!! :rofling:

Angelia
01-27-2006, 07:10 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: Howie!!! I love little-big dogs!!

Daisy is adorable!! And of course Astrid and Bullit are, too. :heart: :heart: (I also love the name Astrid!)

kittiminx
01-28-2006, 07:06 AM
Here is my gorgous baby boy - his name is Minnow (aka Mr. Grumbles) and i make no apologies for the multiple piccies - i have hundreds and its too hard to choose, he's just soooo cute! I love him to pieces :heart: and i don't even mind that he sleeps on my pillow... much, lol. (and the toe chewing first thing in the morning is endured without too much difficultly)

Ingrid
01-28-2006, 08:48 AM
:inlove: Gorgeous cat!!!!

Angelia
01-28-2006, 09:22 AM
:inlove: :inlove: Minnow! :inlove: :inlove:

His fur looks so silky soft! Is he part Himalayan?

Vendie
01-28-2006, 09:50 AM
oh, I'm in :heart: with Minnow! He is just the most adorably beautiful cat!

Angelia
01-28-2006, 09:57 AM
He looks so snuggleable, doesn't he? Kind of like a stuffed animal, only warmer and much more cuddly! :heart: :heart:

Mer
01-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Aww, minnow's such a cutie! :inlove:

dustinac
01-28-2006, 02:07 PM
:inlove: Minnow!!!!

ok gonna try to post some of my cuties.. I can't get them small enough...
This is my dog Shermee that we rescued last March and then his buddy Cozmo who found us.. They are the best of buds and usually swing together but when I snuck out they had the cushion off and sleeping together on it.. of course Shermee heard me and got up.. I wish I could catch them swinging together.. We have to make him come inside and then he turns around and wants back outside to play with Cozmo.. Cozmo won't come in and the one time we tried he almost broke his neck jumping into all the windows... and then a picture of the kitty cat we are fostering for a week prolly will keep her but keep telling dh we are fostering ;) just got her this morning... and they rubbed her eyes down with something.. she is just the sweetest thing... and Shermee is already in love LOL

KellyK
01-28-2006, 02:43 PM
Minnow is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Those EYES! :heart:

Jan in CA
01-28-2006, 03:03 PM
Awww Minnow is gorgeous! I hope you have a neutered mouse for your computer! :roflhard:

Cozmo and kitty cat are very cute, too!

Danielle
01-28-2006, 07:40 PM
Minnow is too cute! :heart: He looks like a silver shaded persian. That's what my kitty Snuggles was...Here are some pics of her. Feb. 1st will make a year since we had her put to sleep due to lymphoma and feline aids. I miss her sooooooo much! :heart: :heart: :heart: :crying:

All the other animals posted on here are cute too!! :heart:

Jan in CA
01-28-2006, 08:12 PM
Snuggles is a gorgeous kitty! I'm sorry for your loss. :(

kittiminx
01-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Well, I'm probably biased but i do think Minnow is the most beautiful kitten in the world! (at least up there in the top 10 anyway!) He's a Burmilla Long hair, called a Tiffanie here in australia. The breed started in the 70's with a cross between a lilac burmese and a chinchilla persian which gives the beautiful coat and colouring without the shovel face! His coat is sooooo soft, it's the softest thing i've ever felt, and he doesn't need much grooming (once a week) as it doesn't mat and tangle. He also has the best personality, really affectionate and playful (a bit too playful sometimes but that's cause he's still a kitten and will grow out of it a bit i hope!)
well i do go on a bit ... lol

Jan in CA
01-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Minnow must have the same fur as my Ragdoll cat, Marshmallow. It's extremely soft and doesn't mat. She does get these weird tufts/mats of fur in her ruff, but they aren't stuck in her fur and pull out very easily so it's not the same as matted fur. I brush her often to keep away hairballs though. ;) I've never heard of a Burmilla, but I've heard of the Tiffanie.

Here she is a few years ago..she's almost 15 now.
http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/2670398-S.jpg
http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/3368772-S.jpg

kittiminx
01-28-2006, 11:38 PM
ooohhh, she's really pretty! very regal! love her blue eyes, Minnow's are supposed to be green, but they haven't settled in yet and sometimes look greyish depending on the light. I love the name Marshmallow! really suits her with such soft fur. I think Minnow sounds a bit like a girls name but since we mostly call him Mr Grumbles (or just Little One) it's not too much of a problem :D

Angelia
01-29-2006, 09:49 AM
Wow, so much fuzzy adorableness on these last two pages!

:heart: Cozmo and Shermee!! They look like they're so much fun! And here's to keeping foster kitties... :thumbsup:

:heart: Hugs :heart: regarding Snuggles, Danielle...It's so hard losing a pet; they're members of the family. We had to put one down 5 years ago this February due to a mysterious illness that the vet could neither diagnose nor cure. The dh and I still miss him and talk about him.

Love Marshmallow!! What a great name! She's a beauty!

Andrea
01-29-2006, 09:53 AM
Wow, so much fuzzy adorableness on these last two pages!

:heart: Cozmo and Shermee!! They look like they're so much fun! And here's to keeping foster kitties... :thumbsup:

:heart: Hugs :heart: regarding Snuggles, Danielle...It's so hard losing a pet; they're members of the family. We had to put one down 5 years ago this February due to a mysterious illness that the vet could neither diagnose nor cure. The dh and I still miss him and talk about him.

Love Marshmallow!! What a great name! She's a beauty!

Ditto!! :thumbsup:
They're all absolutely gorgeous!! :inlove:

Of course, Kitty Cat is a tortie just like my Ursula, so I particularly like her!!! :heart:

dustinac
01-29-2006, 10:27 AM
Thank you everyone, kitty cat has the kennel cold so giving her antibotics but last night she played for a good hour and this morning she has been playing as well. She loves the kids so far and she is making up to Shermee.. umm Shermee was suppose to take home for the weekend get him cleaned up for the Shelter give him a break of the Shelter and ummm.. :oops: we kept him LOL... so dh already knows come Sat. she will be ours.. I just can't put them back in there :( and Shermee turned out to be the best lil dog.. His owner went to a Senior Citizen home and her son got him.. well he went to jail so Shermee stayed in the shelter waiting for him to get out.. they even kept him several days after his release but he never showed.. poor little guy... and we don't know the story on Kitty cat just that she is very prissy and loving lol and needs a name... LOL

awww Snuggles was adorable I'm sorry for your loss :heart:

I love the Ragdoll cats they are so pretty!!! Since I was in Middle School I have wanted a Himalyan one day I'll have one.. :D

Jan in CA
01-29-2006, 02:59 PM
I love the Ragdoll cats they are so pretty!!! Since I was in Middle School I have wanted a Himalyan one day I'll have one.. :D

You know I always wanted a Himilayan, too although I don't care for the squashed faces some of them get. I've also heard since that they can have eye problems from the face issue and the fur tends to mat so they require a lot more care than a ragdoll. Just a thought when the time comes and you are choosing a cat. ;)

Angelia
01-29-2006, 03:06 PM
I had a Himilayan. She did end up with health problems, but not because of her "pan face" (as my dad called it). She did breathe loudly, and her purr I could hear in the next room; I don't know if the latter is attributable to her face or not! It was hilarious to hear, though.

Brushing is a requirement; mine I brushed every other day and she never had mats. She didn't shed much either, but then again that's why longhairs get mats! She had a great disposition, too--very sweet, and she always sat as though she knew she was beautiful! Very regal. I miss her.

lmc
01-31-2006, 02:34 PM
Just thought I'd post here that Henry V had minor surgery yesterday to have three puncture wounds on his flank that had abscessed cleaned out. He now is trying deperately to get out of his head cone...poor baby...hard to watch. I gave him some special canned food and he finally ate. Before he was sitting across from his food in the kitchen as if on strike. Now he is drinking water. I Have to put hot compresses on his wounds twice a day and give him antibiotics. Any have expereince with this especially the cone? Do they 'get used to it'? He has to wear it for a while till he heals and could be a few weeks! Yikes. I do feel so sorry for him. Also fear he'll get hung up somewhere with it and hurt himself.

Jan in CA
01-31-2006, 02:50 PM
Poor baby! My cat has had to wear the cone several times. In fact we had to get a larger one because she's like Houdini! This made it very hard for her to eat or drink. Using the litter box is difficult because the cone works as a scoop, too. :rollseyes:

They do get somewhat used to it though. I would sometimes hand feed her and bring water up to her mouth since she couldn't get to the bowl well. It takes time and it's important for him to wear it so you do what you have to do. Hope he heals quickly!

lmc
01-31-2006, 02:57 PM
Thanks for your wise words. Even though I have had tons of cats throughout my lifetime I've never had a cone experience before. So nice to hear they get through this and their people do too I suppose?
He seems to be able to eat okay. We put the food in smaller bowls. And he did use the cat box to pee recently but he did not cover it with the litter. Not sure if this was a rebellious act or just too upset right now to function as usual. I did give him a treat of wet food on a china saucer and that was his first eating...he also has gone to his bowl and drank water. So I know he won't starve now. I have to leave him soon when I go to work and just pray he won't get hung up on something with the darn cone. Not fun this.

Angelia
01-31-2006, 03:09 PM
Aww, poor Henry V! The indignity!

:heart: Hugs :heart: to both of you!!

I've never had the cone experience with a cat. Poor fella! He does seem to be adjusting slowly, it seems, so that's good--as long as they eat, drink, and use the litter, all is well. And as long as he's inside, he shouldn't get himself stuck anywhere, I shouldn't think.

Is there anything you can put over the wounds to keep him from getting at them so that he doesn't have to wear the cone?

lmc
01-31-2006, 03:50 PM
no, he has to have the cone and the wounds have to have the air. They have to drain...so too shall this be overcome...he's back to hiding in the dark end of the clothes closet. I hope he's not depressed. This is where he went when we first got him...we've only had him since August of 05. He is obviouly upset by all this. Doesn't understand...hate leaving him alone, but no choice. He'll be okay...RIGHT???? :shock:

punkhippiemom
01-31-2006, 05:50 PM
Aww, poor Henry... just give him lots of love and pets... explain to him that he needs to wear the cone, maybe he'll understand!! :thumbsup: If he seems to be really upset (ie not eating drinking or using his box) you can ask your vet about some other options...

Angelia
01-31-2006, 06:30 PM
He's in a transition period, it sounds like. As long as he's eating and all that, he'll be fine. Give him a few days; if he still seems off, then see the vet. Oh, and he may still be under the influence of any medication they've been giving him and you've been giving him. One of our cats goes to odd spots after vet visits, places she normally doesn't sleep. (And yes, it's away from us!)

Ingrid
01-31-2006, 06:33 PM
I agree. As long as he's drinking and eating some, he's just doing what injured animals do. He hides out for his own protection. Or it could be he's embarrassed. ;)

dustinac
01-31-2006, 06:47 PM
aww poor baby hope he mends fast!! I say the same just nervous and maybe spooked by the cone... In a few days he will prolly come around..

Jan/Angelia thanks for the info I love the rag dolls too so will keep that in mind when the time comes...

The Kitty Cat is doing so much better her eyes are open and bright now.. she is running and playing no more sneezing :cheering: she is so prissy!! LOL I think we are gonna name her Esmerelda :lol: noone else seems to care for it and hearing the kids say it is hilarous but she looks halloweenish and I like the show Betwiched and dh said no to Samantha, Endora, Clara, Sabrina LOL so Esmerelda!!! :rofling:

Angelia
01-31-2006, 07:09 PM
Esmerelda! :thumbsup:

Jan in CA
01-31-2006, 07:17 PM
Yes, he'll be fine. It's just hard on both of you while he's in the cone. It's better than having him tear out stitches or irritate the wounds though. As for the litterbox...I think it's more of an issue of being hard to maneuver in the box with the cone. He'll be back to normal soon. ;)

Jenelle
02-03-2006, 02:50 PM
I had to post a picture of my flawfuls.. I love her :heart:

Jan in CA
02-03-2006, 03:04 PM
Ooooo Flawfuls is a pretty kitty, Jenelle! Gotta love that name, too! :roflhard:

Friskums
02-03-2006, 03:06 PM
:shock: What a BEAUTIFUL cat! :inlove: :inlove: Geez, and I thought my Scardey-cat was the prettiest kitty ever.

..I just won't tell her your kitty is around. ;)

Jenelle
02-03-2006, 06:34 PM
hehe thanks. She is a beautiful cat and she is soooo fluffy... She likes to stick her tongue out alot too :rofling:

The reason for her name was when she was just a little kitten, we called her Waffles, but then later found out that she was fluffy, so my sister combined them both and called her flawfuls... I love her :heart:

She is a very loving cat to, but she's a bit sciddish and has the longest claws that are sharp :shock:

lmc
02-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Jenelle, love fluffy kitty...so pretty...and clever too...thanks for sharing...

I took Henry V outside for a bit today for the first time in a week. He loved it. was very obediant when i said it was time to go in.
He'd healing nicely I think. The doc will tell us what he thinks on Monday.
In the meantime still taking meds, still applying warm compresses...and still in the CONE! OY. Not sure who will be happier when this is over him or me! He comes to me to get his head scratched, where he cannot reach!

Ingrid
02-03-2006, 09:23 PM
See? He's counting on you more than ever! Looks like you'll both make it. I bet he'll be ecstatic when that collar comes off. He doesn't know it's temporary, come to think of it.

Friskums
02-03-2006, 09:41 PM
I wouldn't expect any thanks though. He'll probably just look at you like "So...why didn't you take it off sooner?" :rofling:

I love cats. ^_^

Jackie M.
02-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Wouldn't Flawfuls make a pretty yarn :twisted:

Danielle
02-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Wouldn't Flawfuls make a pretty yarn :twisted:
:fingerwag: :fingerwag: :rofling:

Flawfuls is so cute! :heart:

punkhippiemom
02-18-2006, 10:36 PM
Got a little puppy love to share....

lmc
02-18-2006, 11:21 PM
nice dogs all...in the latter photo did you make the sweater? Sweet.

Jenelle
02-18-2006, 11:29 PM
Aw cute dogs!!

What breeds are the first two?

Angelia
02-18-2006, 11:39 PM
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

momwolf
02-19-2006, 12:59 AM
Here are my two Black Lab mixes that I rescued. Zoey from Contented Critters and Ali from the dog pound.Ali is 4 and loves to fetch anything you throw.She does many tricks--Bang your dead,says her prayers,Spinns,nods her head up & down for yes,crawls,goes and gets a bucket to help carry stuff,speaks,whispers,looks sad by laying on floor with head down,she limps,rolls over,high fives,sits up and says please,and last but not least she moons people. Zoey is 2years old and does some tricks moons, rolls over ,& says please.She just wants to chase chipmuncks and squirrls.And she wants to just be with grandkids.They both pull the boys in the sled and wagon.I just :heart: them to death.These are my Christmas cards I sent out last year.

Julie Ali & Zoey

Angelia
02-19-2006, 08:13 AM
Oh, they're beautiful!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Are they asleep? Is that how you got them to wear the Santa hats? ;)

Ingrid
02-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Beautiful! I'd love a smart, trained dog. I just don't have the patience to teach them. Now if you could post a video. . . :thinking:

bjc1050
02-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Got a little puppy love to share....

Love your lab photos. Nearly brought tears to my eyes. Had to have our black lab/chow mix put to sleep just about a year ago. She was 14 and had lost the use of her hind legs. She was my baby and suffered from seizures all her life. She was the best dog I've ever had to give pills to...never fought it, just took them like the angel she was. Give your labs a big hug for me.

punkhippiemom
02-19-2006, 12:49 PM
:roflhard: I second that!! Toby fetches tremendously well, and Lucky used to but now she just looks at you :rollseyes:... I have to say, those labs are beautiful!! We had three chocolates while I was growing up, and I have to say that labs are probably the sweetest, friendliest dogs ever...well, except mutts, of course ;)

lmc, I didn't make that sweater, but I have one on my to-do list for my DSis's rat terrier, and Richie... I have some loud turqouise in my stash that will clash wonderfully with his reddish fur! :rofling:

Jenelle, the black one (Lucky) is some sort of spaniel mix, we're not sure exactly but we think maybe Lab... DH and I adopted her about 9 yrs ago. The orangey one (Toby) is a rott/some kind of shepherd mix. We adopted her as a puppy, about 7 yrs ago.