PDA

View Full Version : knit baby blanket

Nannie Sue
03-17-2005, 03:55 PM
Hi,
I saw a baby blanket recently with very large stiches and very big yarn not your average size yarn at all. It was very soft looking and stretchy. I didn't know the person and couldn't ask questions although now I wish I had. Any ideas on what kind of yarn it may have been, I can assume a larger needle but I have never seen yarn that big. :thinking:

amy
03-23-2005, 03:28 PM
Hi Nannie Sue,

It sounds like some kind of bulky, or super-bulky yarn. I'd ask someone at your local yarn shop.

Amy

Nannie Sue
03-23-2005, 03:36 PM
The yarn shop in my area doesn't have any bulky or super bulky like the blanket I saw. There is a Michael's in my area I will check there if not I have to order something online and hope its the one, it was very pretty and again very large stitches but also a very chunky yarn. Thanks for suggestion
I love this site

Rennagayle
03-23-2005, 05:59 PM
There's a free baby blanket pattern at Coats & Clark with large stitches, which uses Baby Clouds yarn. It looks really soft and stretchy to me.

http://www.coatsandclark.com/fun_and_free/yarn/womans_day_mag/lw1417.htm

Nannie Sue
03-24-2005, 10:29 AM
That could be the yarn, but the pattern is different. There are no visible holes this was a close knit stitch and what I could see was some garter stitch and some knit stitch. I'm going to possibly see the woman this weekend and I'm asking. Thanks for the help though, I will keep the site in case thats the yarn.

Rennagayle
03-24-2005, 10:31 AM
Let us know if you find out. My curiosity is now piqued. :D

Nannie Sue
03-24-2005, 10:49 AM
If she has the blanket with her I will take a picture.