PDA

View Full Version : Was someone looking for doggie sweaters?

ekgheiy
03-18-2005, 02:11 PM
I remember someone was looking for doggie sweater patterns. I could not find the post :(, but I came across this (http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/252433.html) book while surfing.

KellyK
03-19-2005, 11:14 AM
Thanks, EKG! That was ME. And Howie, of course, who wishes to expand his couture collection.

happenin
03-29-2005, 09:09 PM
I think it was for a chihuahua, as I remember replying to it.

KellyK
03-29-2005, 09:25 PM
That would be my Howie! I did see that book at Borders....sizes weren't small enough.....

happenin
03-30-2005, 03:19 AM
OOoooh yes....Howie...the somewhat submissive one. But after seein' your other pictures, I see your big girl does that with the entire gang.

You ever try that pattern (I referenced earlier) made just for Chi's?

Looks like Howie's sportin' a child's shirt or something in that picture....or are you just THAT GOOD on small needles?

KellyK
03-30-2005, 08:40 AM
I have not made it to the puppy sweater on my list of things to make yet....
1. 3 scarf and purse sets (check)
2. Hat and scarf for my niece, matching hat for baby doll (check)
3. Scarf for me (check)
4. Scarf and Hat for friend's birthday (check)
5. Scarf and purse for MIL (check)
6. baby booties, hat, blanket for preggo coworker (che.... "ck" will come when neverending blanket is finished)
7. Loop st bath rug (hmph. Loop st wasn't as easy as I thought, so Im reevaluating which st to use. Lovely big, fat cotton yarn sitting on dresser in 2nd bedroom looking like a poor orphan)
8. Washcloths being used to play with potential bath rug sts (2 orphans on dresser next to LBF cotton, as above)
9. DK hat for DH (on needles now)
10. DK hat for baby bro (not even started. Well, at least I measured his noggin)
11. SWEATER FOR HOWIE!!!!! (Actually, this may move down on the list if the weather continues to improve....he wont need anything so heavy & so will wear his new Hawaiian shirt purchased on clearance at PetCo)
12. Sweater for me
13. Hat for DH's aunt
14. Hoodies for sis & nephews
15. Scarf for SIL (EVERYBODY is putting in their "orders" since I learned to knit!) :rollseyes:
16. Socks with the coolest Fortissima Socka self-patterning yarn I bought at same time as LBF cotton
17. Mittens with same (I bought 4 skeins each of 2 colors)
18. FRIGGIN BREATHE!!!!!

Howie is sporting a doggie sweatshirt, sized XS, purchased at PetCo. It's hard to find tiny doggie clothes that arent pink & foo-foo. He's a MAN for goodness' sake! ;)

ekgheiy
03-30-2005, 11:17 AM
HOWIE IS JUST ENTIRELY TOO ADORABLE!!! *ahem* Don't tell him I said that. No MAN wants to be labeled "adorable". So with that.... HOWIE JUST ENTIRELY SUCH A MANLY HOUND!! :rofling:

happenin
03-30-2005, 11:40 AM
7. Loop st bath rug (hmph. Loop st wasn't as easy as I thought, so Im reevaluating which st to use. Lovely big, fat cotton yarn sitting on dresser in 2nd bedroom looking like a poor orphan)

WOW, what a list!

BTW, among my copied research materials is a pattern for a Loop st for rugs, etc. I'm going to PM you with the pattern instructions so you can evaluate/compare it with the others you're trying.

If it's an easier stitch it can always be posted here later. :)

KellyK
03-30-2005, 11:44 AM
No MAN wants to be labeled "adorable". So with that.... HOWIE JUST ENTIRELY SUCH A MANLY HOUND!! :rofling:

Howie is, right now, scratching inappropriate places and belching just to prove he's a MAN. He has a very delicate self-esteem!

BTW, among my copied research materials is a pattern for a Loop st for rugs, etc. I'm going to PM you with the pattern instructions so you can evaluate/compare it with the others you're trying.

If it's an easier stitch it can always be posted here later. :)
You are just TOO awesome, Happenin!

*AMY - WE NEED A HUG EMOTICON!!*

brookenic
04-05-2005, 01:24 AM
I have dog sweaters on my to be knitted (when I learn more than just basic stuff) list. But not for my dog, :( my hubby won't let me dress him. My MIL wants one for her doggy tho. Thanks for the book info. ~Brooke

ellyloo
06-11-2005, 10:57 PM
Hi all, new knitter here:

I have the same problem with *my* chihuahua.
One of the reasons I wanted to learn to knit is to make her fun sweaters.

roxyquiksilver34
06-11-2005, 11:17 PM
GREAT dog sweater pattern

http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/buster/buster.html

I love it!