PDA

View Full Version : Fun Different Scarf

Danielle_Thomas
03-29-2005, 04:17 PM
OK, so, I saw this girl the other day that had a scarf with several different types of yarn with different textures. It looked like each type of yarn was knitted in one long row, but the rows were 'connected' together. Then, three rows were tied together at each end (9 rows total).

I am probably making NO SENSE AT ALL! But does anyone know what I'm talking about or how to do this?????

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Mer
03-29-2005, 10:00 PM
Was it kind of like Victoise's scarf that's pictured towards the bottom of this (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=619&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15) page?

There's an explanation at the bottom. I think it's a pretty cool scarf, too. :thumbsup:

Danielle_Thomas
03-29-2005, 10:28 PM
That is actually exactly what I was looking for except that this girl had all kinds of wacky types of yarn! Thank you!!!! One question though- I don't really understand how to change colors....I bet Amy has directions on that though, right?

Thanks a lot Mer!

:happydance:

Mer
03-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Since you leave tails for the fringe, just stop knitting with one color at the end of the row and start knitting with the new one!

I'm not sure if this is something I'm supposed to do or not, but sometimes if I'm concerned about joining a new yarn, I'll make a little slipknot with the new yarn and put it on the left needle and knit that loop in together with the first stitch in the old color.

I'm sure others have better suggestions! ;)

Danielle_Thomas
03-29-2005, 10:57 PM
I will give that a try...thank you!!

Danielle_Thomas
03-30-2005, 07:45 PM
I asked the girl (I work with her) to bring in her crazy scarf so I could take a look at it and figure out how to make it...although Mer pointed me in the right direction. ;)

I took a couple pictures so you could see what I was talking about (and see I'M not crazy...it's the scarf that's crazy! :lol:

I don't know how well you can see the detail in the picture, but ain't it cool?!?!