PDA

View Full Version : Who has done Magic Loop? What did you think?

ChroniclesofYarnia
03-31-2005, 07:05 PM
I am going on a knitting retreat this weekend (not staying overnight, but I get to go and have classes all day!). Anyhow, one of the classes I am taking is 2 socks on one circ using magic loop. Has anyone done this, and what did you think of it? I am looking forward to it, and am hoping that I will like it alot since I have severe SSS.

Jouf
03-31-2005, 11:46 PM
I've done the magic looping - two socks on one 32" bamboo needle - not extraordinarily fun. But I bought a Turbo Addi 40" which I may try it again.

It's nice to complete the two at once. But then again, it's easier to throw one sock and yarn into a bag for easy portability to work, etc. If I'm just sitting at home doing it, two on one is fine. But when I tried to take it places - I spent more time sorting out the whole mess than knitting.

I'm anxious to try the turbo needle - at least I won't be tugging things around as much as I was on the bamboo needle!

Good luck and have fun at your classes!! What else are you learning there?

Jouf

ChroniclesofYarnia
04-01-2005, 12:31 AM
I'm only doing one other class, and that is correcting mistakes in cable work. I still have to do my homework for that class. :rofling:

midnightskyfibers
04-01-2005, 04:28 PM
i like magic loop knitting. not as much for socks, (since i knit at school and have to be able to put it down while taking notes etc) but i use it a lot for hats, mittens, etc.