PDA

View Full Version : OT - Wanna play a game?

Pages : [1] 2

Nuno930
04-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Easy way to get to know interesting facts about people and pass some time :D It is called "The person below me (TPBM)" The statement must be true about you when you write it. Then the person below will either answer true or false and then ask another question... So I'll start

The person below me has red hair...

amy
04-03-2005, 10:54 PM
Sounds fun! Okay....

False! (Unless strawberry blonde counts). As a kid I was blonde, and I always prayed for red hair. By highschool I had strawberry blonde hair, so it must have worked to some degree!

The person below me is my husband, by a few inches.
Ha ha.
Okay, seriously...

The person below me likes funky, unusual cheeses!

Amy

brookenic
04-04-2005, 12:36 AM
False,I'm a 'usual' cheese fan tho, mozz.,cheddar,american.

The person below me can't live without chocolate.
~brooke

brightspot
04-04-2005, 01:39 AM
True, I can't live with out chocolate (or my knitting)

The person below me likes shopping in the rain.

midnightskyfibers
04-04-2005, 02:46 AM
true. but i prefer dancing in it.

the person below me is a feminist.

jessmoor
04-04-2005, 03:24 AM
True!! :cheering: I'm actually an activist that is trying to build the women's liberation movement, among other things. (I don't think men are the enemy though - gender division only obscures the real fight, between the have's and have'nots). Anyway~ ;)

The person below me doesn't like scary movies :help:

Anne
04-04-2005, 03:54 AM
Very true!

The person below me cannot go into a LYS without making a purchase :XX:

Nicoley
04-04-2005, 07:01 AM
false.... im too poor to buy stuff... i just go and drool until i get a job

the person below me 's fav. color is neon pink :shock:

KellyK
04-04-2005, 07:12 AM
SO VERY FALSE :shock: my favorite color is green, EVERYTHING should be green. Strangely enough, I have no green clothing.

The person below me is anal retentive, but only about things that affect no one but herself....like the fact that she cuts her waffles into pieces that are all the same size, before eating them, and she has the most organized dishdrain in the universe! :oops:

DotMom61
04-04-2005, 09:04 AM
False -- I think -- I cut my children's waffles in squares of the same size. :shock: And until you pointed it out, I didn't even realize I did that! I'm not quite sure what an organized dishdrain is ... mine's just regular. :lol:

The person below me never has fewer than 10 books from the library in the house and would rather go to the library than shopping.

KellyK
04-04-2005, 09:19 AM
I'm not quite sure what an organized dishdrain is ... mine's just regular. :lol:
I ALWAYS...WITHOUT FAIL.....wash plates first, then glasses, then bowls, then tupperware lids, then tupperware, then the coffee pot, then pots & pans, then large utensils, then silverware. Everything fits in my dishdrain PERFECTLY. :shock:

amy
04-04-2005, 09:31 AM
This is fun!

Nuno, we can only go once, right? Or are we allowed multiple go's?

Sara
04-04-2005, 09:34 AM
The person below me never has fewer than 10 books from the library in the house and would rather go to the library than shopping.

False: I have twenty six library books in my house... no, that's how many I have, others in the family have a few. I would rather go to the library THEN go shopping. The LYS is just down the road, but the nearest bookstore is 96 miles away. Don't ask me to shop for clothes, too depressing.

The person below me drives like Mario Andretti but doesn't know how to parallel park.

Nuno930
04-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Multiple times! Keep it going :D

The person below me drives like Mario Andretti but doesn't know how to parallel park.False

The person below me... uses (or will use) cloth diapers

DotMom61
04-04-2005, 09:35 AM
I ALWAYS...WITHOUT FAIL.....wash plates first, then glasses, then bowls, then tupperware lids, then tupperware, then the coffee pot, then pots & pans, then large utensils, then silverware. Everything fits in my dishdrain PERFECTLY. :shock:

Oh! Ok, well my dishdrain would probably just make you crazy then, 'cause sometimes I just slap the dishtowel down on the counter, wash the dishes, dry them and put the away. But, then again, I have a very regimented way to put things in the dishwasher. If anyone puts them in there a different way, I will rearrange them. :mrgreen:

Yvonne
04-04-2005, 09:36 AM
RE: Library books: True, true, my God so true! LOL.
I had to make myself a library bag with two strands of homespun held together for strength because it had to be BIG. Now it's so big that I can fit more library books than I can carry in it. My hubby has to carry it for me and on the way to/from the library it has to go in the trunk. Lucky for me, my library sets a limit of 100 books out at a time. Hee hee.

Let's see...the person below me has at least one skein of yarn in her sight right now as she sits at her computer. True or false?

DotMom61
04-04-2005, 09:42 AM
RE: Library books: True, true, my God so true! LOL.
I had to make myself a library bag with two strands of homespun held together for strength because it had to be BIG. Now it's so big that I can fit more library books than I can carry in it. My hubby has to carry it for me and on the way to/from the library it has to go in the trunk. Lucky for me, my library sets a limit of 100 books out at a time. Hee hee.

Let's see...the person below me has at least one skein of yarn in her sight right now as she sits at her computer. True or false?

False re: the yarn -- it's downstairs; I'm up in my bedroom w/ my notebook computer. :-D

As far as the library bag goes: We went so far as to get a box with wheels!! It's always full, too. What's nice is that even the kids can cart around the books at the library.

amy
04-04-2005, 09:42 AM

So VERY true! I actually already have a cloth diaper collection, even though I'm feeling pretty iffy about even wanting a kid! (When my sister's kids outgrew theirs, she passed them on to me.) If the cloth diapers don't work out, my next plan is to look into "natural disposables" and whether they could be composted (for the FLOWER garden, or woods).

The person below me is VERY good about recycling.

KellyK
04-04-2005, 10:34 AM
TRUE TRUE TRUE.....I even bring paper recyclables from my office HOME to recycle! And, I try as often as I can to purchase products with POST-CONSUMER content! Seventh Generation bathroom tissue, garbage bags, dishwasher liquid (Amy, check into that www.gaiam.com) are my FAVORITE!

The person below me has a very strange variety of CDs in her car (Bob Marley, Violent Femmes, Soundtrack from "Chicago", John Denver, The Andrews Sisters, Bette Midler singing Rosemary Clooney, Soundtrack from "Pulp Fiction", Alannis Morisette, Sarah McLaughlin, The Story, and other rock, showtunes and female volcalists)

brightspot
04-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Amy, just make sure you have time to wash the diapers if you use cloth. With my son it was great. Let's just say with my daughter it wasn't (gross!)

Nuno930
04-04-2005, 10:58 AM

So VERY true! I actually already have a cloth diaper collection, even though I'm feeling pretty iffy about even wanting a kid! (When my sister's kids outgrew theirs, she passed them on to me.) If the cloth diapers don't work out, my next plan is to look into "natural disposables" and whether they could be composted (for the FLOWER garden, or woods).

Amy to be honest there is no difference to me in cloth and dispsable minus a few loads of laundry. I get pretty passionate about cloth but I'll leave it at that!

The person below me has a very strange variety of CDs in her car (Bob Marley, Violent Femmes, Soundtrack from "Chicago", John Denver, The Andrews Sisters, Bette Midler singing Rosemary Clooney, Soundtrack from "Pulp Fiction", Alannis Morisette, Sarah McLaughlin, The Story, and other rock, showtunes and female volcalists)

False, right now it is basically limited to Eagles, The Who and Led Zep. I might have a Nickleback tossed in there.

TPBM... likes NASCAR

ekgheiy
04-04-2005, 11:13 AM
Um Nuno ... what's your question? What do I answer? :-?

Well ... I'll take the CD question again...

True ... my CD collection is quite varied. I have Blade the Soundtrack, Urban Knights, Bach, Bellydance compilation, Merengue comp ... the list goes on. My philosophy concering music ... Never mind "genres" .... if it sounds good, listen to it!! :happydance:

The person below me has curly hair and is HAPPY with its curliness....

javede
04-04-2005, 12:56 PM
TPBM... likes NASCAR

False! But i'm really into Formel 1, especially since it seems to be more interesting this season!

The Person below me hates love films.

As for the CD's: I do have a strange mix lying around here. From classic music(Chopin!) to reggae(Morgan Heritage) to alternative(Korn), etc.

Debbie
04-04-2005, 01:03 PM
True and False ... My son who is 34 got cloth diapers, My son who is 22 got cloth at home and disposable when we went out.

The person below me always has more than one knitting project going on at the same time.

oshnpashn
04-04-2005, 01:19 PM
So VERY true!!! Right now it's a sock, a teddy bear & a wash cloth!

The person below me cannot get through the day without pots and pots of coffee!!

bubba
04-04-2005, 01:43 PM
FALSE FALSE FALSE!!! Don't like it, and I really can't stand the smell of it...makes me almost physically ill.......dates back to when I was small and took a bunch of my mom's medication (I probably thought it was candy) and not having ipecac in the house, the doctor told her to give me strong strong coffee w/ketchup and mustard and other weird things in it to make me ill. It worked! Thankfully my husband doesn't like coffee either!

The person below me has a schoodle.....ours is named Yoda.

pat.

beldaraan
04-04-2005, 01:49 PM
The person below me has a schoodle.....ours is named Yoda.

False, do not have any pets, but would go for a beagle, basset hound, or chocolate lab.

The person below me has a greenhouse filled with herbs and plants.

Egeria
04-04-2005, 01:52 PM
False.

I hate spiders so would never be able to handle a greenhouse or plants. Only thing I have in the house is one cactus!

The person below me pole dances for exercise and bellydances for fun!

Nicoley
04-04-2005, 01:58 PM
False.

I hate spiders so would never be able to handle a greenhouse or plants. Only thing I have in the house is one cactus!

The person below me pole dances for exercise and bellydances for fun!

Nope.... if i was magically to turn thin (not happening) i would force my boyfriend into takeing swing dance lessions though

the person below me only uses sented girly homemade soaps

brookenic
04-04-2005, 02:57 PM
False. I use Dove.

TPBM... loves country music.

Nicoley
04-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Love is such a strong word lol... i like it YES but i dont LOVE IT..... i will jump threw a ring of fire for Garth but he is the only one... the rest i just like Kenny is pretty Awsome too.. and Dolly...

the person below me is listening to music right now

jessmoor
04-04-2005, 03:27 PM
False, although I usually do listen to music while on the computer. The coolest thing is KEXP, the UW radio station that was voted "best radio website in the world"!!!! :D That is the #1 thing I do while knitting, because I can't look at something else (i.e. watch tv, movies, read, etc) and knit - I envy those who can! :shock: For those of you who like eclectic tastes in music, KEXP has an awesome variety normally, and radio shows featuring world music, reggae, hip hop, country music, blues, rockabilly, etc etc etc..... I HIGHLY recommend checking it out - you can also listen to archived shows up to two weeks after they were played!! :happydance: (www.kexp.org (http://www.kexp.org))

TPBM...loves working in the garden.

Nicoley
04-04-2005, 03:34 PM
i dont know.... i dont have a garden... so i dont know if i would like it... i have no Yard... so cant have a garden *apartment dweller*

the person below me is an adult who loves cartoons

Sara
04-04-2005, 03:42 PM
False: Love plants, think I'd like to garden if I ever get to own a house again, wish I'd inherited my Gmom's green thumb, but alas...being asthmatic doesn't help the cause either.

I listen to almost everything, musically. I sing a lot of opera and oratorio. I adore choral music. I am a child of the 80's, Siouxzee and the Banshees, The Cure, XTC, Talking Heads, U2, the list goes on forever. Love folk, blue grass, classic rock, non-modern country, showtunes, swing, everything but rap. Nearly cried last week when I read that the drummer for Crowded House committed suicide.

Nicholey got in before I did! Next person take your pick from our TPBM's!

TPBM: Is a picky eater.

Nuno930
04-04-2005, 03:50 PM
TPBM: Is a picky eater.

TRUE

TPBM...is a bad speller

KellyK
04-04-2005, 03:52 PM
FALSE. I won my 6th grade Spelling bee! :p

TPBM dreams of several other projects while knitting something else.

Nicoley
04-04-2005, 03:54 PM
FALSE : when im done with one thing i panic to find something i can knit on the size needles i have

TPBM: dyes there hair! ADMIT IT

Nuno930
04-04-2005, 03:58 PM
True and False... I haven't for awhile but have an appointment to go blue.

TPBM... has blue eyes

ladyindica2000
04-04-2005, 04:00 PM
True and False... I haven't for awhile but have an appointment to go blue.

TPBM... has blue eyes

False... I have hazel eyes.

The person below me has met someone famous.

Nuno930
04-04-2005, 04:02 PM
ooooh lady... who did you meet?

Nicoley
04-04-2005, 04:03 PM
[quote=Nuno930]

The person below me has met someone famous.

True.... Eminem <-- so soft :drool: and Randy Travis <-- so damn tall i almost fell back looking up at him lol

TPBM: smells like teen spirit

ladyindica2000
04-04-2005, 04:09 PM
ooooh lady... who did you meet?

I have met Ben Afleck, Matt Damon, and Leonardo DiCaprio when Ben flew them out to celebrate his b-day while he was filming Reindeer Games in B.C. It a long story :)

I also met Keifer Sutherland at a Friends of Medicare/Bill 11 protest rally. His grandfather is the "father of medicare" in canada.

Trish

ChroniclesofYarnia
04-04-2005, 04:47 PM
True :blush: It smells so much better than "adult" deodorants, plus it reminds me of my basketball glory days.

TPBM is ordering out for dinner tonight.

Nicoley
04-04-2005, 05:50 PM
TRUE! chinese food .... how did you know?!!? :shock:

TPBM: Has Kids

Nuno930
04-04-2005, 06:02 PM
True :D a kid anyway

TPBM... is a vegetarian

wildforyarn
04-04-2005, 06:08 PM
False, I dislike most, if not all, country music. I have a very eclectic music collection.... although my husband insists that I usually only listen to woman bands, which is also false. But, I do love the Indigo Girls, Sarah McLaughlin, Sheryl Crow, and other women. Okay, maybe he is a little right! :P

As for skeins in sight, I have about 15 of them... 8 purchased in NYC this past weekend and the rest purchased on Ebay which came while I was gone. Yea!!

As for recycling and cloth diapers, I try to recycle as much as I can, but have to admit, I used disposable diapers. :( (Please don't kill me for this!) I did make my own baby food!

Okay, the person below me lives in the midwest and would love to get together for a meeting this summer around the Chicago area!

MaggieL
04-04-2005, 07:33 PM
No, I live in the south. I am going to Chicago this summer. :happydance:

TPBM loves karaoke.

KellyK
04-04-2005, 07:44 PM
TRUE TRUE TRUE! And, Hilde should come, too!

I am 9 miles straight west of Downtown Chicago....and, I have a BIG rec room for girly girl knitting chat! *grin*

The person below me treats their dogs like people.

Nicoley
04-04-2005, 08:30 PM
Kareoke (sp?) i like to watch and make fun of people lol ... but i dont sing

Dog like people false... i dont have a dog my mom does but i dont chill with her... i treat my cat like people

TPBM loves red heads

Nuno930
04-04-2005, 08:48 PM
Oooh I do love redheads... I am one and so is my daughter

TPBM... has had an unnatural haircolor at some point in their life

Nicoley
04-04-2005, 08:54 PM
True..... Flame red.... Blue.. Green...some others

TPBM: cried at the movie "the notebook"

MaggieL
04-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Nicoley wrote:

"Kareoke (sp?) i like to watch and make fun of people lol ... but i dont sing"

I think both spellings are correct. :??

I found this website:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&oi=defmore&q=define:karaoke

Is there a difference? :thinking:

feministmama
04-04-2005, 10:14 PM
True i have one skein in sight

True I sometimes think of the next projext as I am knitting the one I am on at the moment

False I despise country music

True I got thing for redheads

TPBM has thier period right now and can think of nothing to do to make themselves comfortable and have a nice cup of tea, some DUke Ellington and a littel knitting project.........

Sara
04-04-2005, 10:28 PM
False: No silent friend, but very blue tonight. Ironically, sang Duke Ellington's "Come Sunday" a couple hours ago in choir. Burnt my mouth and throat on hot tea two weeks ago, so the idea of a cuppa gives me the willies at the moment. Drinking Pepsi, doing my level best to avoid doing my homework. Debating whether I should bag it and go to bed, or just stay up and do it and stay awake 'til the wee hours when my turn for online registration comes up.

TPBM has traveled somewhere exotic. EXotic, ladies! You know who you are... ;)

gardenia
04-04-2005, 11:23 PM
TPBM has traveled somewhere exotic. EXotic, ladies! You know who you are... ;)

Hmmm...I don't know how exotic these are: Cancun, Mexico; Maui & Kauai, Hawaii. :thinking: Oh, I know: Chichen Itza, Mexico. Cool, Mayan ruins. Climbed to the top of this pyramid in the hottest weather I've ever experienced: http://www.exploratorium.edu/ancientobs/chichen/. That's all I've got.

TPBM reads Janet Evanovich novels. (if you don't, you should check them out -- a fast, funny read)

Merry Stitcher
04-05-2005, 12:02 AM
False. I haven't turned a page of Janet Evanovich, but I have a good friend who is an avid fan. It sounds as if it's time to check her out!

TPBM has at least one cat.....who loves to hang around the knitting basket.

midnightskyfibers
04-05-2005, 12:05 AM
true. i have 2 cats

tpbm is in the chat room now
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/khchat/chat)

brookenic
04-05-2005, 12:43 AM
I'm not in that chat room, and they won't let me in :crying:

TPBM..is eating right now.

Yvonne
04-05-2005, 09:46 AM
True, I love Janet Evanovich and met her when I worked in the post office in Hanover, NH where she lives.

TPBM......went to a store the day after Easter to take advantage of chocolate on sale.

Nuno930
04-05-2005, 04:51 PM
False... I don't like, nor need chocolate

TPBM... needs to shave her legs BAD :shock:

Nicoley
04-05-2005, 04:55 PM
False... I don't like, nor need chocolate

TPBM... needs to shave her legs BAD :shock:

saying that about chocolate made me die a little inside!!!

and yes i need to shave my legs... i let my winter coat grow in and now its comeing to short season

TPBM: yells at the TV when watching

Debbie
04-05-2005, 04:57 PM
False... I have used an "epalady" for about 15 years and NEVER have to shave my legs. I only have to "hair remove" about every 4 months ... then it is 3 or 4 hairs !

TPBM loves the TPBM game.

MaggieL
04-05-2005, 08:03 PM
Yeah! It's interesting.

TPBM loves the movie "My Fair Lady".

KellyK
04-05-2005, 08:07 PM
TRUE! I am such a showtunes GEEK it's not even funny.....
Although, I once got "Wouldn't it Be Loverly" stuck in my head for a week straight....that wasn't so much fun.

TPBM HATES ponchos.

Nuno930
04-05-2005, 09:11 PM
false -- I love them! :heart:

TPBM is sssssooooooooo sick

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-05-2005, 10:17 PM
TPBM is sssssooooooooo sick

TRUE. I am sooooooooooo sick of ...
1. Walmart
2. The crappy "singers" on American Idol
3. People who mix up "there" "their" and "they're"... "to" "too" and "two"... and "your" and "you're"
4. Trying to fit big boobs into small summer shirts

TPBM makes me sick b/c they love walmart and AI, mix up their homonyms (notice the correct usage) and has teeny boobies.

Danielle_Thomas
04-05-2005, 10:53 PM
Oh Oh Pick MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hilde- you're singing my soonnggggg!!!!!!!!! :cheering:

What you said about me is quite FALSE.....because....

1. Walmart is awful (I :heart: Club Target)
2. American Idol is so over! (Paula needs to lay off the bottle, if you catch my drift!)
3. I am a correct language guru (my specialty is you're vs your)
4. My Tatas are much larger than average (I hear you Hilde!)

TPBM loves their Day-Job and the movie 'Collateral'

feministmama
04-06-2005, 01:10 AM

SOOOoooo True. Also love chocolate, hate walmart, don't watch reality TV, I have bad grammer AND bad spelling, not a big fan of show tunes but I tolerate them, I don't shave any part of my body or my head and I think I want to try a poncho

TPBM only uses circular needles for every project and wouldn't be caught dead with straight needles.

Nicoley
04-06-2005, 01:47 AM

SOOOoooo True. Also love chocolate, hate walmart, don't watch reality TV, I have bad grammer AND bad spelling, not a big fan of show tunes but I tolerate them, I don't shave any part of my body or my head and I think I want to try a poncho

TPBM only uses circular needles for every project and wouldn't be caught dead with straight needles.

i HATTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEE circular needles... i cant work them... (i have bad hand cordination).... HATE... seriously hate lol

TPBM: also crochets

Egeria
04-06-2005, 08:43 AM
Almost true!!

I have just taken out a book from the library and will be teaching myself crochet.

TPBM: Loves to bake and knows a great recipe for peanut butter cookies.

Nuno930
04-06-2005, 10:24 AM
True and false... I don't know a PB recipe

TPBM has often debated on if she should knit or take a shower

Holly
04-06-2005, 11:24 AM
OMG -- that is sooo true! :blush: especially on the weekends!

TPBM is a hair product hound, and has at least 2 different specialty shampoo/conditioner sets in the shower, and a cabinet full of styling aids! This person will spend $10 on a bottle of shampoo for herself, and then buy her husband a .99 cent bottle of Suave!

Holly

benniesma
04-06-2005, 07:17 PM
False!

I actually am the one that uses the cheapie Sauve. I am a wash-dry-and go kinda gal.

TPBM has more than 20 pairs of shoes.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-06-2005, 10:04 PM
TPBM has more than 20 pairs of shoes.

True!!! I have at least 37.... But I only wear 3 or 4 pairs consistantly. Some of them are lost, or half of some of them are lost :rollseyes: (i'm also a neurotic shampoo/soap/lotion collector)

TPBM has an irrational fear

Nuno930
04-06-2005, 10:12 PM
OH SO TRUE SISTA! I am one huge irrational fear :blush:

TPBM... has long fingernails

Nicoley
04-06-2005, 10:45 PM
OH SO TRUE SISTA! I am one huge irrational fear :blush:

TPBM... has long fingernails

false... im a nail biter... and yesterday i tried to be more girly so i painted my nails (first time in overe a year) and so i cut them smaller to even them out so i have nail nubbys now

i have a fear of people ... i RARELY go outdoors... and never into groups of people... im a loner hermit

TPBM like oreos more than chocolate chip cookies

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-07-2005, 01:07 PM
TPBM like oreos more than chocolate chip cookies

Yep, that's me. I have been known to eat an entire package of oreos in one sitting. That's why we don't keep oreos in the house. And since knitting has helped me lose almost 30 pounds since January :cheering: and I don't want to undo all that work. I put a sign on the fridge: "Knit More, Eat Less" I do miss oreos though!

TPBM has "something" besides their ears pierced

oshnpashn
04-07-2005, 02:30 PM
TRUE!!! Just a navel piercing. Thought about a couple other places but after nursing 2 kids during teething and they're not small, well NO!!!

TPBM has at least one tat and wants more!!!

Nuno930
04-07-2005, 02:41 PM
True! I have the design and everything...

TPBM is superstitious

midnightskyfibers
04-08-2005, 02:24 AM
true, though its more that i b eleive in the existence of the supernatural because of postmodern ideas then a fear.

TPBM dyes their hands in *some* bright color every time they dye yarn (or fiber)

Nicoley
04-08-2005, 10:55 AM
true, though its more that i b eleive in the existence of the supernatural because of postmodern ideas then a fear.

TPBM dyes their hands in *some* bright color every time they dye yarn (or fiber)

Nope... i dont dye yarn.... the only thing i dye is hair... and i wear gloves!

TPBM is VERY tired

benniesma
04-08-2005, 04:25 PM
TPBM is VERY tired

Always! Ahh, the joy of having young children who don't nap.

TPBM eats out at a restaurant at least once a week.

Nicoley
04-08-2005, 10:30 PM
Nope!... i never ever ever ever eat out at a resturant... i dont like places with alot of people

TPBM has an MP3 player/ipod type thingly

MaggieL
04-08-2005, 10:52 PM
No. I haven't even seen an MP3 player. . . no kids and tooooo cheap to buy one for myself. :lol:

TPBM has their toenails painted bright pink.

brookenic
04-08-2005, 11:02 PM
False my toenails are purple right now.

TPBM...is knitting right now.

Nicoley
04-08-2005, 11:17 PM
false... i have knitters block

my toenails are sharpie maker blue

TPBM sings with the radio

Nuno930
04-08-2005, 11:19 PM
True! I always do. Even if I don't know the song... I just make up lyrics

TPBM... is an outdoor type of person. Sort of.

benniesma
04-09-2005, 09:20 AM
True. I love to sit outdoors or take walks. But don't like the bugs, of which there are a lot here in NC.

TPBM had drank goat's milk. (or is it drunk goat's milk?)

soolina
04-09-2005, 01:07 PM
TPBM had drank goat's milk. (or is it drunk goat's milk?)

TRUE. I was once visiting my third cousins when I was only 8. They had a goat. They asked me if I liked goat's milk with my breakfast. I asked if it was good, and they assured me that it was. Being confident, I drank some. I thought it was awful. Never tried that again. It might take some getting used to.

TPBM drinks wine while knitting. :D

Sara
04-09-2005, 03:05 PM
False. I don't drink alcohol due to health reasons.

TPBM takes two hours to get ready to leave the house every morning.

gardenia
04-09-2005, 09:05 PM
TPBM takes two hours to get ready to leave the house every morning.

False, but not too far off. I'm NOT a morning person. I have to sit and watch the Today show for a while, drinking my coffee and having breakfast before I can even start getting ready. :oops:

TPBM has a pet sitting on him/her while playing on the computer right now.

benniesma
04-09-2005, 09:33 PM
False. sigh. My dog Phoebe is no longer with us. I keep hinting to the hubby that he should get me another dog as my mother's day present.

TBPM still has Easter candy in their house.

Nuno930
04-09-2005, 11:29 PM
False, I tossed it The night of Easter.

TPBM has very bright colors in her decor

Anne
04-10-2005, 02:22 AM
Nope, In my living room i have white silk damask furniture with a round pastel flowered rug. Family room is done in light greens. One bedroom is light lavander and the other 2 are all in white..

If i had to do over again i would not chose white for the LR. Pain in the butt.

TPBM is going on a cruise

Egeria
04-10-2005, 01:52 PM
False...but I wish!

TPBM has one or more tattoos.

bubba
04-10-2005, 05:47 PM
I have two!!! Got the first, a butterfly, on my right ankle for my 40th birthday with the grand plan I would get one every year! It didn't hurt so bad, so on my 41st birthday, on my left ankle, I got Winnie the Pooh w/a butterfly net chasing another butterfly. Well, that hurt like a son of a gun and took 2.5 hrs to do, compared to seven minutes for the first one, and I have never gotten another.

The person below me married their high school sweetheart (our 30th anniversary will be in December!)

Contiknitter Kelly
04-10-2005, 07:14 PM
False. Me and my "old man" have been married for 4 yrs. I was 34, he 42 when we tied that knot.

Tpbm has never been to Disneyland in California.

Kelly

humblestumble
04-10-2005, 07:40 PM
:XX: True! I have never been but always wanted to as a kid, now I dont want to because of the lines and whining kids lol. I also used to want to work for Disney as an artist :o

I am an artist in all forms that I have picked up(ie: dancing, drawing, singing, knitting, etc). A jack of all trades if you will.

My passion is Drawing portraits. My website http://www.pencildrawing.tk has my art on it under Artists>Angela. I have about 5 websites but that's without counting and making sure lol. You can find them all and more about me and my history of knitting at my website http://www.atomicfairy.tk

The person below me eats macarroni with ketchup mixed in. :happydance:

brightspot
04-10-2005, 07:50 PM
False, but I do eat it with salsa in it.

TPBM is going to plant veggies this year (wish me luck)

Nuno930
04-10-2005, 08:06 PM
:rofling: Ummm, no. I can't eve keep silk plants alive

TPBM... likes granola

Sara
04-11-2005, 03:22 AM
True, but I go ballistic if it has unlisted coconut in it! All ingredients must be listed on the side of the box, but I'll be darned if I haven't bought two different brands that had unlisted coconut!!! Yuck!! And granola is expensive. And of course the local grocery store chain doesn't carry the best brand. I might ask my inlaws to bring me some boxes from NC. I got it there, last time.

TPBM tries to make crafts she has seen without having any directions.

benniesma
04-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Ack, no! I'm very big on following directions. My friends always tell me how creative I am. But almost every craft I do has a pattern to follow.

BTW Sara, my MIL has a great homemade granola recipe. I'll have to get it and email you!

TPBM is wearing blue today (and jeans don't count).

bubba
04-11-2005, 12:36 PM
I am wearing blue today!

The person below me drives a PT Cruiser....

benniesma
04-11-2005, 05:32 PM
No, but my SIL does!

TPBM likes to play Scrabble.

beldaraan
04-11-2005, 05:44 PM
FALSE!! I hate scrabble, but have a friend who loves it. She used to play it at lunch hour, but they'd make into a high stakes turbo version.

TPBM has gone skinny dipping in a lake.....during the winter (like ice on the water for you southerners :rollseyes: )

benniesma
04-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Okay Beldie! I used to live in NY, so I'm a little familiar with ice. Which is why I moved to NC! :D But to answer you..

YES, I've gone skinny dipping, but NO, not during winter. That might have been a better idea, since one of the times I have skinny dipped I got a hideous case of poison ivy. Yeah. . . . ouch!

TPBM has eaten dandelions. Either fried or in a salad.

rebecca
04-11-2005, 11:14 PM
True...in a salad, and they were tasty ;)

TPBM loves to dance :happydance: under the stars and howl at the moon

RachelJean
04-12-2005, 03:55 PM
Well, I do like to dance but I wouldn't say I love it and I'm not very good at it. I wouldn't mind dancing under the stars but only if it's warm outside and nobody is around to see me. I have howled at the moon ... while camping on an island in the middle of a lake with a bunch of friends.

TPBM is supposed to be working right now but is on the forum instead.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-12-2005, 04:46 PM
that is TOTALLY me!!!!

I have a student teacher, and she's running choir rehearsal today... I am "observing" :twisted:

TPBM's second toe is longer than his/her big toe.

Anne
04-15-2005, 02:46 AM
It sure is. I had to look first :rofling:

TBMB swears when they make a mistake :XX:

rebecca
04-15-2005, 10:09 AM
False...I used to until many years (17) ago when my daughter was 2 and just loved to say 'DA..M..IT' all of the time just like her mama did..so I stopped. Now I say something juvenile like fiddle sticks...can u believe that?! but that's what i say!
I love this game and saw that u can play multiple times, so I'm here for my 2nd time....let me think....

The person below me....
washes his/her knitted and very loved 'hand wash' socks in the shower... :lol:

gardenia
04-15-2005, 02:11 PM
The person below me....
washes his/her knitted and very loved 'hand wash' socks in the shower... :lol:

False, I haven't attempted socks yet. But, my 2nd toes are a tiny bit longer than the big toes.

Hmmm....TPBM visits his/her local public library often. 8-)

Sara
04-15-2005, 02:17 PM
True! We have seven libraries in a ten mile radius. I worked for one of them a few years ago, before we moved away. Libraries are the greatest. Librarians ROCK!

TPBM is planning a trip to her LYS this weekend. (I'm leaving right now and taking DD with me. Wish me luck!)

brookenic
04-15-2005, 03:01 PM
True, I even have a friend going with me to my LYS. She's going to pick out yarn for her scarf. I think she'll leave there with more than that. :happydance:

TPBM..is rushing to get a knitting project done.

KellyK
04-15-2005, 04:55 PM
TRUE TRUE TRUE...
AND, Im feeling even more pressure, after Howie tore out 5 rows of it!!!

TPBM has a SO that is also their bestest friend :heart:

Nicoley
04-15-2005, 10:07 PM
True... but he isnt my SO until i get a ring *waiting waiting waiting waiting*

TPBM is a middle child

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-15-2005, 10:10 PM
me! we have to get our SOs together, KK, I think they'd get along :-)

TPBM has a radio station on speed dial.

Nuno930
04-15-2005, 10:15 PM
False... I used to but I moved and it is LD now

TPBM... Sometimes really wishes she were an Elf... and had Legolas's phone number

Danielle_Thomas
04-15-2005, 11:22 PM
False...Elves and Midgets (no offense) freak me out!

TPBM could eat Mexican food at every meal and has a great recipe for white cheese dip (that they want to share with me)

VictoiseC
04-16-2005, 12:36 PM
Wellll I could eat Mexican food at EVERY OTHER meal as long as it's the great kind of Mexican food I adore: loaded with chipoltle chili sauce or fresh green salsa that I made the other day for the first time instead of paying the Mexican girls on the corner $3.50 for theirs:

just serranos, some jalapenos, some tomatillos, cilantro
some lime juice, a dash of water maybe & salt

puree in food processor or blender
& put on everything including eggs in the morning
or steak or chicken or taco chips

As to the white cheese recipe, hm, I'll have to think about that but I would recommend putting some beer in like they do in welsh rarebit!
(which I'm going to try making this week!) What about that artichoke recipe with cheese ... that's delish!

If I ate Mexican food at every meal I would blow up and regain the 25 pounds I lost!
(Still reading all the posts....geez, I'm late... CONGRATS HILDE on the 30 pounds.... ain't it great? (although I regained 5 or 6 since Christmas... too many tortillas)

Ok, the person below me

squeezes her butt muscles while waiting on line and trying to get toned.

:D

MaggieL
04-19-2005, 08:09 PM
I'd need to squeeze more than my butt muscles. :rollseyes:

TPBM watched Prince Charles and Camellia’s wedding.

Nicoley
04-19-2005, 10:05 PM
I'd need to squeeze more than my butt muscles. :rollseyes:

TPBM watched Prince Charles and Camellia’s wedding.

nope i didnt know it was happening until after it happened... i wouldnt have watched anyways... im not into seeing Dumbo marry a SeaHag!.... lol

TPBM Plays Sims 2

VictoiseC
04-20-2005, 12:47 AM
im not into seeing Dumbo marry a SeaHag!.... lol

:rofling:

exactly!

ha ha ha ha ha

the man has NO SHAME

Nicoley
04-20-2005, 12:52 AM
i cant see how someone would cheat on Princess Dianna with THAT.... its like going from a 9 course meal of steak and lobster... to a cold pork and beans strait from the can :shock:

Sara
04-20-2005, 07:09 AM
False, haven't played a video game since junior high, that's about 12 years old for you Europeans. Seriously considering Dance Dance Revolution for the kids, tho. But since Yesterday It Was Almost 80 Degrees, I can put that off until the fall.

TPBM loves to eat Ants On a Log.

Nicoley
04-20-2005, 11:07 AM
TPBM loves to eat Ants On a Log.

false... i dont know what ants on a log is and im very very scared to find out lol

TPBM: Watches and is hooked on Veronica Mars

brookenic
04-20-2005, 12:16 PM
TPBM: Watches and is hooked on Veronica Mars

False I've never seen it.

TPBM....loves American Idol.

BTW,ants on a log are peanut butter on celery with raisins on top. I like them better with apples in place of the celery.

~Brooke

KellyK
04-20-2005, 12:24 PM
I am ADDICTED to American Idol! Even though this is the WORST season ever!

(Dont tell Hilde....she would never forgive me!)

TPBM spends WAY too much time on KH while at work.

brookenic
04-20-2005, 12:28 PM
Kelly said:
Even though this is the WORST season ever!

Oh Kelly, I must diagree this is the BEST season. I really dig Bo :inlove: Oops don't tell my hubby! :lol: ~Brooke

Nicoley
04-20-2005, 12:40 PM
TPBM spends WAY too much time on KH while at work.

False... im an umemployed BUM... so dont spend to much time here at *WORK*..... butttt... i do spend alot of time here... i am an on and off lurker ... so bad that i had to change the "allow people to view your online status" thing in my profile to hidden so i wouldnt look like i have no life (which i dont)

TPBM: Had a crush on one of the New Kids on the Block when they were younger

rebecca
04-20-2005, 03:29 PM
lol lol lol lol FALSE FALSE FALSE!!!
Sorry, but that was just funny!! Not a fan!!..I'm sorry....

OK....

TPBM

cooks the meals that he/she feeds to his/her precious baby, dog, that is!!

Nuno930
04-20-2005, 03:35 PM

OMG! TOTALY! Jon Knight baby!! I was gonna marry him (or Vince Neil... it was a toss up at the time) and I jsut saw Vince so glad I didn't choose him

Nicoley
04-20-2005, 04:20 PM

OMG! TOTALY! Jon Knight baby!! I was gonna marry him (or Vince Neil... it was a toss up at the time) and I jsut saw Vince so glad I didn't choose him

lmao my sister would have fought you for Jon... she loved him... he sells houses or something now ... i like Joey i dont know anyone who liked Donkey Face (danny)

TPBM

cooks the meals that he/she feeds to his/her precious baby, dog, that is!!

False... My kitty cat isnt aloud people food (only tuna once in a while)

TPBM has a swimming pool in there yard

brightspot
04-20-2005, 05:12 PM
False. If we did we could use it for an iceskating rink most of the year.

TPBM Has a knitting project she is sick of

beldaraan
04-20-2005, 07:58 PM
False. I don't even have a knitting project in the works right now :(

TPBM, wants to win a trip to see Beldie.

Just kidding :rollseyes:

TPBM has never lived outside of her (his) home town/city.

Nicoley
04-20-2005, 08:04 PM
False. I don't even have a knitting project in the works right now :(

TPBM has never lived outside of her (his) home town/city.

i have a bear im working on that im sick of so it rots over there *points*

and true.... i have been living in this town/city/ APARTMENT for my whole life

TPBM: went to see the sponge bob movie

KellyK
04-20-2005, 08:51 PM

Um....I wanna win a trip to see Beldie! :cheering:

rebecca
04-21-2005, 01:07 AM
:fingerwag: :fingerwag: :fingerwag:
KELLYK..................u didn't write the statement about the knitter under u!!
:doh: :doh: forgetful, are we?!
I know I am at present...I'm sleepy...but continue to read this KH...AND...this is really bad....really bad....I keep falling asleep... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: NOW.....that's VERY embarrassing!!!...ssssshhhhhh..don't tell anybody, k?! :blush:

Contiknitter Kelly
04-22-2005, 09:10 PM
To keep this post alive i'll answer again.

I've got 4 kids so not only did I go to see the SpongeBob movie, I also waited for it for a long time. I knew they had stopped working on the tv episodes to dedicate themselves to the movie + I got it the day it came out on DVD. The family are huge S.B. fans.

tpbm will be going to her/his LYS tomo. for a knitting class. :XX:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-22-2005, 11:37 PM
nope, i went today for a S&B though!

(and just an update on previous TPBMs, since i know you all care.... KK you are in trouble for loving american idol, and i was the only person i knew who liked danny from NKOTB--and ironically he and i have the same birthday--and i totally want to win a trip to see beldie too!)

TPBM likes orange soda.

Egeria
04-23-2005, 02:39 AM
True! Especially Club Orange, which you can only get in Ireland. One taste and you're hooked! In fact, I'm gonna go get me some!

TPBM is frequently caught staring at people while trying to figure out the pattern on their scarf/sweater/hat etc.

KellyK
04-23-2005, 08:32 AM
True...this is a NEW habit Ive formed.

TPBM has been known to "pet" people she barely knows just because their sweater looks really soft.

Nicoley
04-23-2005, 11:09 AM
TRUE..... sometiems they dont even know im petting them! lol

TPBM hates seaming (sp?) there stuff togeather

Nuno930
04-23-2005, 11:10 AM
Ooooh no. I hate strangers touching me... I almost went Matrix on some people when I was pregnant. I could never do that to others!

TPBM loves Garages Sales or Thrift Store shopping

Sara
04-23-2005, 11:55 AM
TPBM loves Garages Sales or Thrift Store shopping

Guilty. I got hooked on garage sales by my parents when I was little. I love to look at people's stuff. I don't buy much though. And thrift store chic was all the rage with my friends when I was a teen. You could get great vintage stuff at thrift stores in the 80's. That's not as true anymore.

TPBM is going to avoid doing housework today in order to knit.

KellyK
04-23-2005, 02:25 PM
TRUE. That reminds me...Id better start a load of laundry. :(

TPBM has dog hair all over her desk because her chihuahua likes to sit between her arms pressed against her chest while she types.

gardenia
04-23-2005, 05:01 PM
TPBM has dog hair all over her desk because her chihuahua likes to sit between her arms pressed against her chest while she types.

FALSE. As Kelly knows, I'm thinking about getting a doggie, but haven't done so yet.

I could answer TRUE to Sara's statement, though. I'm definitely knitting, and anything else, to avoid housework today!

TPBM looooooves chocolate. :heart:

MaggieL
04-23-2005, 05:20 PM
Only every now and then. I'm not a big sweet eater.

TPBM has a spray on tan.

rebecca
04-23-2005, 06:03 PM
soooo false!! I'm so pale even a spray on tan wouldn't look like a tan!! I'm white like the ghost and spray on tans just look funny...very funny on me!!

TPBM
loves to eat popsicles

BinkyKat
07-16-2005, 12:45 AM
True! Even in winter! Once I had surgery in January and wasn't able to have anything to eat or drink for three days... I begged the nurses to let me have popsicles... I got some when I got home....

TPBM: Collects Elephant figurines/knick knacks.... :lol:

brendajos
07-16-2005, 01:40 AM
i'll play!!

Absolutely not! I have bears, i hav giraffes, i have munkies and i have DONKEYS....this good democrat would NEVER bring an elephant into this house right now!!

TPBM
has the new harry potter book in their hot little hands!

rebecca
07-16-2005, 01:48 AM
False, I wouldn't know Harry if he sat beside me

TPBM
Cant't say 'no' to anyone that asks him/her to knit an object for said person

dustinac
07-16-2005, 10:37 AM
True.. if anyone asked I wouldn't be able to say no but since I'm new the only person who asks is my mom making an afghan for a friend...

Ther person below me is allergic to fish....

Nuno930
07-16-2005, 10:54 AM
False

TPBM... Is wondering where the heck this post came from :??

DotMom61
07-16-2005, 01:30 PM
TPBM... Is wondering where the heck this post came from :??

OK ... I'll join in again! :-)

False.

TPBM has many hours of weeding to get done. Ugh.

Joel
07-16-2005, 05:18 PM
TPBM has many hours of weeding to get done. Ugh.

(Buzzer Sounds) Im sorry, that's incorrect... that answer did not come in the form of a question... just kidding... ;)

TPBM is between projects!

Nuno930
07-16-2005, 05:40 PM
Very true! I just finished (well they both need finishing) 2 things up today.

TPBM... is watching a cheezy made for TV movie right now :rollseyes:

Rorshach
07-16-2005, 06:58 PM
False,
I'm at work pretending that I'm working, (although I suppose knitting could be considered work). :lol:

TPBM prefers circular needles to straight.

MaggieL
07-16-2005, 07:19 PM
Yep! Love my Boyes.

TPBM has knitted a Harry Potter scarf.

Jackie M.
07-16-2005, 08:03 PM
False. Maybe when I'm much better at knitting though. By then, people will be asking "Harry who?"

TPBM has knitted a sweater for themselves.

LisaD715
07-16-2005, 08:13 PM
False.......I have made things for everyone else, but have begun and am on my third dishcloth for my new house. (Move in two weeks.) I have not tackled a sweater for anyone yet, but I am sure that will be coming up soon.

TPBM loves to see movies in the theater.

Rorshach
07-16-2005, 10:52 PM
True.

Though movies on the small screen are good enough too, especially in explosive 7.1 surround sound ( sorry went all geeky on ya)

TPBM has a song stuck in their head.

Nuno930
07-16-2005, 11:17 PM
True (Behind Blue Eyes)

TPBM... Is watchinig "Clerks" ... again... and quoting it.

LisaD715
07-16-2005, 11:36 PM
Nope...I don't ever recall seeing that movie. I am however recounting the catch phrases from "The Wedding Crashers" with my gf online.....we laughed so hard!!

TPBM likes to experiment while cooking.

DotMom61
07-17-2005, 09:36 AM
True ... and my kids just love that! <read sarcasm into that last phrase. Also, I love to cook while experimenting :-)

TPBM wish he/she would get off her butt and get back on his/her exericse routine!

dustinac
07-17-2005, 10:09 AM
TRUE so true!! Before vacation I rode my bike every day for a 1/2 hour I came back on the 3rd... and :rollseyes: haven't rode it once!!

TPBM made a sweater for their animal....

beldaraan
07-17-2005, 11:34 PM
FALSE false false!!! Never will if I get a pet either and I'm in a climate where it would actually be useful.

TPBM is addicted to Rollitos for a snack :drooling:

(I always eat the whole bag :rollseyes: )

Joel
07-18-2005, 11:11 AM
True.

Though movies on the small screen are good enough too, especially in explosive 7.1 surround sound ( sorry went all geeky on ya)

:roflhard: :roflhard:

Joel
07-18-2005, 11:14 AM
FALSE false false!!! Never will if I get a pet either and I'm in a climate where it would actually be useful.

VERY FALSE.... What the heck are Rollitos?

TPBM logs onto the KH forum at least twice every day.

brendajos
07-18-2005, 11:17 AM

VERY FALSE.... What the heck are Rollitos?

TPBM logs onto the KH forum at least twice every day.

they are rolled up doritos, and while i wanted to love them i just don't. not sure why they are different but they just don't taste the same to me.

aaaaaaanyway.... :rollseyes: i stalk the website, haven't i told you that. i check in a LOT during the day and get all excited when i see a new post. Man does it bug me when it is the "mark all posts read" thing acting funky on me.....hmph...hehe

TPBM should be doing actual work right now. :hiding:

kemp
07-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Looks like you may never get a reply to that one, bj ;)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-20-2005, 12:52 AM
I'll bite!

No work for me, i'm a TEACHER on SUMMER VACATION!!!! neener neener neener! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

of course, there is my doctorate classes... i coul dbe doing something for those.... and I could be doing my curriculum mapping for this coming year... or looking over supply catalogs... or heck working on the bajillion pairs of clogs I have to make

:help:

TPBM has more than 10 WIPs on needles RIGHT NOW.

Miss_Knit
07-20-2005, 01:10 AM
nope, only 2 things im working on. a harry potter scarf, and a cat toy im just too lazy to finish. im going INSANELY slow with this scarf, i may never finish.

the person below me had an imaginary friend for years.

Carol_OH
07-20-2005, 01:23 AM
False...I tried to conjure one up, but it was easier for me to jump on my bike or climb a tree, or something. I think I lack imagination! :shock:

TPBM is having a difficult time falling asleep tonight.

kemp
07-20-2005, 09:18 AM
False, sort of...I did still have trouble falling asleep last night, but I was asleep :zzz: well before you posted! The previous 2 nights, I could have said true.

TPBM has 4 pets (not including DH!) :)

Miss_Knit
07-20-2005, 11:18 PM
false, i have 6, 3 family birds, my sister's bird, my other sister's iguana, and my bunny.

the person below me likes cartoons

Nuno930
07-20-2005, 11:27 PM
false, I down right loath them.

TPBM... has a child.

Joel
07-21-2005, 11:43 AM
false, I down right loath them.

TPBM... has a child.

TRUE. Actually, I have 2 children. I live in a girls dorm.

TPBM... Is shorter than 5'4" (162 cm).

dustinac
07-21-2005, 11:53 AM
False I'm 5'6" ok ok only 5'5" but I really do think its 5' 5" and 1/2 so I say I'm 5'6" :D

TPBM has green eyes....

brendajos
07-21-2005, 11:55 AM
TPBM has green eyes....

That is true

TPBM hasn't been on a traveling vacation for more than 5 years

dustinac
07-21-2005, 11:55 AM
:roflhard: Ya know when I was typing that I thought to mysel what would happen if someone was posting at the same time as me...

Great minds think alike...

punkhippiemom
07-21-2005, 01:13 PM
dustinac wrote:

TPBM hasn't been on a traveling vacation for more than 5 years

False! DH and I are very big into roadtrips, we used to drive from FL to PA or MI (or sometimes both!) at least once a year for the last 6 yrs - and since we moved to PA (6mos ago) we have already been to Washington DC twice, Philadelphia twice, camping in MI, Hershey, Wildwood NJ, ...and we go to Delaware almost twice a month.

TPBM is such a geek that she bought the new Harry Potter book at 1:30 in the morning Saturday, and has already read it....twice :oops: :oops:

MaryS
07-21-2005, 02:24 PM
False,

I bought the new Harry Potter book at 1:15 AM Sat, with my daughter and niece, and I'm ONE chapter away from finishing it for the first time.

DD called me last night to ask who dies in the book, but I hadn't found out yet. Don't worry, I won't spoil the (almost) ending.

BTW, I should definately be working now rather than on KH.

TPBM: loves Irish folk music.

punkhippiemom
07-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Kay, I don't want to be a hog, but I had to reply to that one -
True! It's not something I buy for myself, but every time I get the chance, I listen, and my mom was nice enough to buy me a CD of trditional Irish Christmas songs.. makes you want to cry to listen to it...

TPBM likes Irish punk rock, too! (Flogging Molly (http://www.FloggingMolly.com)RULES!!!)

Nuno930
07-21-2005, 03:30 PM
False... I am a classic rock gal myself! The Who, Eagles, Zep...

TPBM... is going to a concert this weekend :cheering:

Silver
07-21-2005, 03:52 PM
False. But I am going to see NIN in October. :cheering:

TPBM has been to Universal Studios (or any themepark) at least 9 times this year. :mrgreen:

kemp
07-21-2005, 04:48 PM
False...never been!

TPBM has run a marathon.

LisaD715
07-21-2005, 05:43 PM
False....I have never run a marathon and never have any desire to. When I was 18 I injured my left knee, then when I was 19 I was in a car accident that injured my right knee, so my knees are not good enough for me to, HOWEVER.....I love to ride my bike and swim.

TPBM has a pet that is "theirs" meaning the pet claims them as their person.

brendajos
07-21-2005, 07:03 PM
TPBM has a pet that is "theirs" meaning the pet claims them as their person.

That is true. My mother has custody of a dog that SHE claims is hers. He tells her otherwise when i come to visit...lol. Whenever i am there and she calls him to come to her he just looks at her and turns and comes to me...hee hee Of course when he sees me packing to leave, he won't have anything to do with me at that point.

TPBM is going to be too "sick" to work tomorrow.

jodstr2
07-21-2005, 07:08 PM
LOL! sooo tempting, brendajos! :D but I can't. :( have as lot to finish up, plus lunch w/ a coworker.

TPBM smiles a lot for no reason!

dustinac
07-21-2005, 08:35 PM
True I always have a smile on my face and everyone likes to tell me about it too.. lol can't help just happy and find humor in most things... takes alot to get me mad but when I do get mad I have no control over my tongue :rollseyes:

TPBM believes underwearless is FUN

brendajos
07-21-2005, 08:37 PM
:shock: i am not answering THAT! Your mother would be SHOCKED! :shock:

dustinac
07-21-2005, 08:38 PM
:oops: umm.. well I was out of questions...

Rorshach
07-21-2005, 08:52 PM
TPBM believes underwearless is FUN
TMI alert:

True, but it depends on the day. :roflhard:

TPBM is drop dead gorgeous.

punkhippiemom
07-22-2005, 08:38 AM
Although my husband would disagree (he's so sweet) I say false...I used to be pretty cute, though, my mom even entered me in a couple of those child beauty/talent pageants (never won - oh well :rollseyes: )

TPBM secretly checks out the hot musclebound wrestlers while complaining to DH that she wishes he'd stop watching such mindless stuff... :oops:

kemp
07-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Well who knew that Rorshach is a supermodel??? Holding out on us, eh??

As far as the hot wrestlers...False. I've never watched wrestling! I may have to start though if its that good! :)

TPBM has over 15 pairs of golf shoes... :shock:

Nuno930
07-22-2005, 10:57 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: Ummm, no. But I do have a pair of bowling shoes and wrestling shoes cuz I think they are cute :inlove:

TPBM... Has their toe nails painted all the time.

Stonington
07-22-2005, 11:04 AM
:shock: how did she know? with color changing nail polish even... :oops:

TPBM ...... is having an overwhelming craving for a hot fudge sunday.. loaded with jimmys, tons of real whip cream..... and so on... and so on.... :oo:

jodstr2
07-22-2005, 11:29 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TPBM has had at least 3 cups of coffee so far this morning.

brendajos
07-22-2005, 11:32 AM
TPBM has had at least 3 cups of coffee so far this morning.

nope...haven't had 3 cups of coffee in my life.

TPBM has exciting plans for this weekend

Nuno930
07-22-2005, 11:33 AM
TRUE!

TPBM... is stalking hte Fed Ex man because she is waiting for an extremely tasteless shirt to arrive for her concert this weekend :blush:

kemp
07-22-2005, 12:14 PM
ok, aren't you going to tell us what the big plans are??? Inquiring minds and all...

False. No stalking the Fed Ex man (today at least)

TPBM has a felted bag drying right now

jodstr2
07-22-2005, 12:18 PM
not quite. but dang close!!! tonight, fer shure, I have to sew handles on first.

TPBM is longing for a nice leisurely long lunch today.

Miss_Knit
07-22-2005, 01:05 PM
yes, my lunch is always something mircowaveable. today, its pizza bagel bits....oh joy.

the person below me is afraid of clowns

brendajos
07-22-2005, 01:09 PM
the person below me is afraid of clowns

nope but dolls and birds freak me out

TPBM is plotting a trip to their LYS in their head

Miss_Knit
07-22-2005, 01:15 PM
yuppers! i was just gonna ask my mom if she could take me right now. I need some needles, black yarn and metal studs.

TPBM couldnt fall asleep last night.

Nuno930
07-22-2005, 01:33 PM
True and false... i took midol at 7pm... so I was OUT by 7:30 (really, the warning label should read: Don't make any freaking plans!) but something woke me up at 12am and I couldn't get back to sleep

TPBM... is working on altering a t-shirt this very moment... and is on here stalling :roll:

EDIT - Oh my weekend plans are Skynard baby!!!! :thumbsup: Tomorrow is the concert!

Silver
07-22-2005, 01:54 PM
False, but I am working on a client's business logo.

TPBM has Days of Our Lives on the tv, but isn't really paying attention to it.

PS... Have a GREAT time Nuno!!

kemp
07-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Woo Hoo! Have a great time at the concert. You'll have to post a pic of you in the t-shirt :)

Nuno930
07-22-2005, 04:33 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: Amy would drop straight dead if I posted that shirt... maybe I could blur it or something just so you can see my handy work :thumbsup:

kemp
07-22-2005, 04:36 PM
Now you definitely have to show it! Curiousity seriously stoked.

LisaD715
07-22-2005, 07:28 PM
TPBM has Days of Our Lives on the tv, but isn't really paying attention to it.

False....I had to work today, (Monday is my last day) and I am not a fan of soaps much anymore. I used to love Days until they made Marlena posessed, then it got silly, so I stopped watching. I seldom watch anything during the day, even if I am home.

TPBM is wondering if they should spend their evening reading HP or knitting.....

MaggieL
07-22-2005, 07:33 PM
Nope. Gotta knit because I don't have the book yet.

TPBM has been skinny-dipping in his/her pool this year. :shock:

kemp
07-22-2005, 08:12 PM
No, but I certainly would if I had a pool! Did skinny dip in the hot tub, but that was over a year ago. (unfortunately, we had to get rid of it...7 years took its toll and it was tooo $$$ to fix)

TPBM has a knitting blog.

Rorshach
07-22-2005, 08:13 PM
True, to both of the questions above, but I don't skinny dip, I chunky dunk :roflhard: Just kidding.

TPBM is ignoring a big project that needs to get done.

*hehe it looks like I'm a bit slow on the keyboard tonight*

Miss_Knit
07-22-2005, 11:07 PM
true, if u consier having to read 5 summer reading books for school and the essays to right. yeah, im totally ignoring it until i finish one of my 2 knitting projects.

TPBM would let their teenage child pierce their eyebrow (my mom wont let me :( )

brendajos
07-22-2005, 11:10 PM
TPBM would let their teenage child pierce their eyebrow (my mom wont let me :( )

ummm...false....not a chance...they can do it when they are 18 and out of my house. :D

TPBM has way too many tvs turned on in the house right now

Ingrid
07-22-2005, 11:25 PM
False, there's only one TV in the house and it's turned on to Seinfeld, gotta love that show. We've always only had one TV, even after raising 3 kids.

TPBM takes excellent care of their health with regular checkups.

Miss_Knit
07-22-2005, 11:30 PM
FALSE, i never have check-ups, mostly cause i forget to tell my parents i need to go. im WWAAAAYYY past due for a dentist check-up. ut my teeth havent fallen out....yet :shock:

btw, im watching seinfield too!

TPBM wants to get a tattoo

Ingrid
07-22-2005, 11:33 PM
False, but all my children and my father have tattoos.

TPBM likes dogs but would hate to have another one.

Nuno930
07-22-2005, 11:56 PM
False... we are trying to get another one!

TPBM.... husband had to help her sew because he is better at it that she is :oops:

FWIW- Miss Knit, if you were my kid I'd let you get pierced or tattood :thumbsup:

Silver
07-23-2005, 12:19 AM
False. I have to show HIM how to use the sewing machine. Every time he wants to sew something. It usually ends with me saying "Sheesh, just let ME do it!"

TPBM can handmake old fashioned soap using oils and lye.

beldaraan
07-23-2005, 12:37 AM
False. I tried making soap for a high school project and it didn't work out.

TPBM has knit something kinky for their hunny :eyebrow:

Nuno930
07-23-2005, 12:40 AM
True! (302 Calories from Knitty)

TPBM... Is married, but never took a honeymoon.

LisaD715
07-23-2005, 12:47 AM
True & False....not married, but did not take a honeymoon when I was married.

TPBM...is working on knitted project on their Christmas wish list.

Miss_Knit
07-23-2005, 12:50 AM
nope, not married and of course no honeymoon, but i know if i do get married, im going to JAPAN for my honeymoon, see Mount Fuji, watch the cherry blossoms bloom, see a festival maybe.

TPBM loves cheese and crackers.

dustinac
07-23-2005, 09:02 AM
True!! On friday nights my grannie would fix that for me when I stayed with her.. ohh memories.. she isn't with us anymore so when I do it I have wonderful memories of eating cheese and crackers while watching TGIF!!! :D

LisaD715 not yet should be though so False LOL

TPBM spends waaaayyy to much time on the computer.....

punkhippiemom
07-23-2005, 09:49 AM
True and false - I can get caught up when I'm online (like right now!) but I can also go days and days w/o checking my email or anything... I go in spurts.

TPBM really misses her family, especially her little sister. :crying:

LisaD715
07-23-2005, 11:28 AM
That is funny, my little sister is going through a divorce, not even a year married, and I do miss her terribly. Although, I will be with her in just over a weeks time, I am moving back to Pensacola to be closer to my family (Mom, Dad, and sisters).

TPBM....can't see the top of their desk.

jodstr2
07-23-2005, 01:01 PM
TRUE! both here at home and at work. a few seconds ago I had to clear a spot for my bowl of cereal.

TPBM is eyeing a hot new sexy pair of shoes.

Miss_Knit
07-23-2005, 02:27 PM
FALSE! Although I need new sneakers, I'm not into "sexy shoes," but on monday I'm heading to Hot Topic to get some sexy pants!

TPBM went to the grocery store today.

MaggieL
07-23-2005, 02:35 PM
False. DH does most of the shopping. :shock:

TPBM has emergency chocolate hidden somewhere in his/her house.

Ingrid
07-23-2005, 03:01 PM
False, but I do have a can of caramel frosting in the fridge when I need a quick sugar fix.

TPBM loves spinach and hates peppers.

rebecca
07-23-2005, 03:51 PM
True.....That's just freaky, Ing

TPBM
loves the old, very weird sci fi movies

LisaD715
07-23-2005, 06:12 PM
False.....I am a horror movie girl....but not the "chop 'em ups" I like the ones that make you think.

TPBM has a child who is begging to get on the computer....

Ingrid
07-23-2005, 06:33 PM
False, but I have a grandchild begging me to get OFF the computer. This happens quite often these days :oops:

TPBM keeps this forum minimized at work to keep taking peeks at it throughout the day.

MaryS
07-24-2005, 10:24 AM
Very True!

I don't have internet access at home, so ALL my forum watching is done at work. I live 2 miles from the office so I can come in any time I want. Right now its about 10:20 Sunday morning, but I came in to work on a project I've let go for too long and to catch up on the forum, especially the Illinois Knitters in Naperville.

TPBM: is amazed and awed at Lance Armstrong winning SEVEN Tours de France., especially after cancer.

suziehomemaker
07-24-2005, 10:37 AM
True! I respect him as an athlete but not as a man. I don't care how good you are on a bike, your family always comes first!

TPBM drank a little too much last night and is paying for it today.

dustinac
07-24-2005, 10:50 AM
False lol my dh thinks I'm weird but I don't drink anything but water, tea, and pop LOL ohhh sometimes juice thats about as exciting as I get!! :rollseyes:

TPBM wants to start knitting for charity but isn't sure where to start....

Sara
07-24-2005, 10:55 AM
FALSE: I would like to knit for charity, but that may wait until I'm out of school. However, I know of several ways to knit for charity. Let's start a new thread!

TPBM is going to a festival today.

Miss_Knit
07-24-2005, 11:15 AM
FALSE! I'm probably going to the beach or I'm gonna swim in my pool for awhile.

TPBM wants to re-paint thier bedroom, BADLY

Ingrid
07-24-2005, 11:21 AM
False, I did that a couple of years ago, but I really need to re-paper the bathroom. Maybe when summer school is over.

TPBM rarely, if ever, gets angry.

kemp
07-24-2005, 11:40 AM
True. I am very laid back. DH and I have been married 10 years and I can't even remember a fight. The only bummer about that is none of the make-up "good stuff".

TPBM has two sisters and a brother.

LisaD715
07-24-2005, 11:44 AM
lol both.....I have two sisters, but my brother passed away when he was 6 from Leukemia, 34 years ago.

TPBM is going to make a bunch of dishcloths this week! lol

Miss_Knit
07-24-2005, 02:38 PM
FASLE! I'm probably just gonna work on my scarf and my wristbands

TPBM hates it when other people eat their food. (My sis just ate some of my pizza bites n I was like :evil: )

Ingrid
07-24-2005, 02:43 PM
True, when I go to the trouble of making myself something, I don't want to share. Make your own!

TPBM would be happy if she never had to cook anything ever again.

Debbie
07-24-2005, 03:00 PM
True, True, True, True !

TPBM likes coffee amond fudge ice cream.

LisaD715
07-24-2005, 04:53 PM
False....I occasionally eat plain coffee ice cream, but my favorite ice cream is Baskin Robbins peanut butter chocolate.

TPBM is going out for dinner today.

Miss_Knit
07-24-2005, 06:23 PM
FALSE! I'm eating in. My mom bought alot of seafood. yum yum!!! :lol:

TPBM is a Harry Potter fan

rebecca
07-24-2005, 06:35 PM
False!! The only movie, IMHO, that is worthy of a wizard is ....'THE WIZARD OF OZ'

TPBM
Really, really wants a cockatoo; but your spouse simply refuses