PDA

View Full Version : Attention all ILLINOIS Knitters!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Vendie
10-08-2005, 03:15 PM
I was just thinking that - a yarn crawl!!! scary!!

ok Kemp - if we drive, we can leave on Friday or Sat - what ever you want. We'll work out a meeting spot - my house is about 30 minutes south of I-465 (the loop), so I could have my husband drive me to a truck stop or something and we can meet there.

if we end up flying....wow, $60 round trip? that's a very good price - much cheaper than gas! Who wants to pick me up from the airport??? *nervous* I haven't flown in SOOOO long! (pre 9-11)

i was just talking to my dad on the phone and mentioned that I was planning on going to Chicago to knit, and he said, don't tell your mom, she'll want to go too. I said SURE, I'll tell her :devil: (she and my MIL met up in Chicago for a scrapbooking convention not too long ago)...

...hmmm, I wonder if I could get the day off on that Friday...that would make traveling easier and I wouldn't feel so bad for ditching DH for the weekend... :thinking:

Vendie
10-08-2005, 03:21 PM
You know, you can fly Southwest from Indy and Cleveland into Midway for 60 bucks round trip right now!

And where did you find this deal? On the Southwest site or one of the travelocity type sites?

Vendie
10-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Nevermind, I found it. Hey Kelly would you be able to pick me (and Kemp if she flies too) up from the airport?? I noticed that it was close Berwyn.

KellyK
10-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Yup....Midway is about 20 minutes from me....

(And lemme talk to DH & feel him out to see if he would mind a COUPLE of extra houseguests that Friday night....)

Vendie
10-08-2005, 06:02 PM
KK, if there is a Holiday Inn or something by the airport or in Berwyn, I can do that, I don't want to impose! I wouldn't mind getting together on Friday for dinner and knitting tho!

There's a flight that leaves Indy at 6pm that Friday. The Indy airport is like 15-20 minutes from my office, so that's actually ideal for me.

Kemp, I'll wait to hear what you want to do - you can't fly out of Cincinatti for that Southwest deal, is Indy close enough you could fly or would it not even be worth flying?

I CANNOT tell you how EXCITED I am!!

kemp
10-08-2005, 06:22 PM
If you can get that good a deal go for it! Don't hold yourself up because of me.

The only low cost carrier we have out of Cincy is USA3000 and they don't do CVG to chicago. If I drive to Indy for the flight I might as well drive the rest of the way...by the time I get o the Indy airport enough ahead of the flight etc., I could practically be there.

Anyway, PLEASE, PLEASE take advantage of the flight if you want to and don't worry about flying post 9/11...I've probably taken over 10 flights since then and the only pain is getting to the airport a little earlier.

OH and KK...please don't feel like you have to open your house to strangers! I am sure I/we can find a reasonably priced hotel in Chicago.

KellyK
10-08-2005, 07:11 PM
You two are no stranger than I am!! :roflhard: Hildie has stayed with me before....its not a big deal.

I have a guest yarn room with a comfy bed and also a queen sized air mattress that I can blow up in the extra room upstairs and make more comfy by wrapping it in a mattress pad. Both are in rooms that dont smell like smoke. ( :rollseyes: yes, I know....)

And, DH usually works until at least 9:30 on Fridays...so, it shouldnt be a problem for him...it'll give me some company! GIRLY GIRL SLEEPOVER!! :cheering:

Vendie
10-08-2005, 07:46 PM
WOOO HHOOOOO girly sleep over!!!

oooohh we can talk about boys!!! and give each other facials!! ...ah, who are we kidding, it'll be all yarn and knitting!! :rollseyes:

as long as it's ok with you Kelly!!

I'll book my flight this weekend! woo hoo :cheering:

should I put my needles and stuff in my luggage, or carry them on? oooh, what to bring with me, what to bring with me.... :thinking:

can I share a secret? I have NEVER flown by myself before! :shock:

Vendie
10-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Hey Kemp, you still up to carpooling?

I just calculated the cost of flying - it would be close to $100 round trip by the time they add in all the extra fees. I'm not sure if that's worth it for me and my tighter-these-days budget.

wildforyarn
10-09-2005, 09:19 PM
I'm so sad, I really wanted to meet some of you, but I can't go that day, I will be in Los Angeles until the night of the 30th. :crying: Please have fun and post pictures again!!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
10-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Facials???? Talk about boys???? KK made ME drink a lot of WINE when i spent the night!!!!!

KellyK
10-09-2005, 10:37 PM
GIRLY GIRL SLEEPOVER WITH WINE!!!! :cheering:

mintdee
10-09-2005, 10:52 PM
Color me jealous! imagine... *sigh* I demand pictures as well! :)

kemp
10-10-2005, 11:34 AM
Isn't lots of wine some kind of prerequisite to an adult sleepover?;) Maybe If anyone else is interested we could all split the cost of a hotel room and have a really big girly girl knitting/wine sleepover!

Yes, FiberGirl...still interested in driving.

KellyK
10-10-2005, 11:58 AM
I would TOTALLY do dinner & pop by for some wine, if that's you'd rather do....but, cant stay overnight...pooches and all.

kemp
10-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Not rather...just sounded like some other people might be interested and I didn't want to invite them to your house!

Vendie
10-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Ok Kemp, I just put in a vacation request for that Friday. My supervisor is out sick today, so I don't know when I'll know for sure. I'm hoping to get at least a 1/2 day that day so we can get to Chicago at a decent time. Once I know something I will PM you to work out arrangements.

I SOOOOOO CAN'T WAAAIIITT!!! :cheering:

VickiIL
10-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Isn't lots of wine some kind of prerequisite to an adult sleepover?;) Maybe If anyone else is interested we could all split the cost of a hotel room and have a really big girly girl knitting/wine sleepover!

Ohh..does that sound like fun!! I doubt my DH would be happy with me deserting him on Friday night for wine and Saturday for knitting. Although depending on where you guys are...I might try talking him into it.

kemp
10-10-2005, 03:43 PM
Well geez...how often does that opportunity come up? Surely he can live without you for a couple of nights! :)

KellyK
10-10-2005, 07:14 PM
So, are you two going to do the hotel room thing, or shall I have a chat with DH??

Vendie
10-10-2005, 07:18 PM
I don't care either way, whatever's easiest for everyone.

The only glitch I might run into with this whole thing is that there is something going on at work that may prevent me from leaving early on that Friday. If that's the case the earliest I would be able to leave would be 5pm, in which case, I don't want to hold up Kemp. I should know more by the end of this week.

Andrea
10-10-2005, 08:59 PM
I won't be able to go :verysad:

I work 7-3 both Friday and Saturday...unless the yarn shop is open past 3 on Saturday, then I can play for a couple hours. What time are you all planning on being out and :XX: ??

KellyK
10-10-2005, 10:02 PM
I think last time we met at 11...that's good for me again. Everybody else?

SO sorry you wont be able to make it, Andrea!

Andrea
10-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Does the shop stay open longer for you guys?? I can always race over there after work

kemp
10-11-2005, 10:08 AM
Kelly...if you are SURE you don't mind...chat with DH. I would love a slumber party!

KellyK
10-11-2005, 05:32 PM
I will do that.... YAYYYY!

Jul...did you ever get to talk to Long Grove?

I was at my LYS today... (woot!) and asked them about their get-together policy. They will offer us the same SCHWEET deal that Naperville did! Bring WINE and FOOD, they said! 20% off, they said!! :cheering:

And, if Long Grove is not available, the 29th IS available here in Forest Park!

VickiIL
10-11-2005, 05:37 PM
And, if Long Grove is not available, the 29th IS available here in Forest Park!

WOW if they are going to be that wondeful...(let us bring wine and food even! 20% off!) Why not just go there?

KellyK
10-11-2005, 05:46 PM
It's up to you all....I can call tomorrow & reserve space at 11:00 a.m....they have a birthday party at 4. There are TONS of great restaurants in Forest Park/Oak Park, too!

Andrea
10-11-2005, 05:53 PM
I may have to just be "sick" that day so I can go!! It sounds sooooooooo fun...especially if we can byob!!

KellyK
10-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Ill make those pecan pie muffins that I made for my anniversary!!

kemp
10-11-2005, 07:12 PM
OMG...they'll let us bring food AND wine??? AND 20% off????

*drool*

I vote for THAT place!!! Of course, I may need to see the other one too. We could even do a knit caravan!

DotMom61
10-11-2005, 08:11 PM
OK ... first let me apologize, 'cause I haven't had a chance to call the yarn store yet. (grrrr) It's been a little nutty around here the past few days. Anyway, I will call them tomorrow unless you all would rather go to the Forest Park store.

I think we have a couple of people in the Long Grove area that were hoping for us to go there ... what shall we do???

Ingrid
10-11-2005, 08:28 PM
Pack it all in and come to New York!!!! We can to to Rhinebeck!!!

Ingrid's jealous!

Vendie
10-11-2005, 08:42 PM
That LYS sounds so cool Kelly!

I really hope I can get the Friday off so I can join you all at a decent time for the sleepover!

DotMom61
10-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Well, all I have to say is that you guys had better not be too hung over on Saturday to KIP!!! :roflhard:

Wish I could join you all for the slumber party, but I think I'll have to pass this time.

KellyK
10-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Pack it all in and come to New York!!!! We can to to Rhinebeck!!!

Ingrid's jealous!

Julie was just asking me yesterday if I thought there was any way to get you here, Ingy! I wonder if Southwest has any good cheap flights from your nearest airport!!

Ingrid
10-11-2005, 09:24 PM
That's so sweet! But it's ok. I haven't had the chunk of time to visit my son in Massachusetts, and I've never made it to my daughter's in NC (did get to Texas, though). She comes up often enough and works such long hours I don't feel guilty.

However, if I took off to Illinois for the weekend to knit--that would be the end. I would be institutionalized for sure!!

Someday, though.. . . . .

MaryB
10-12-2005, 07:47 AM
So sorry that I will have to miss the next ILL knitters day. Please post pictures! Have a great time wherever you decide to go.

KellyK
10-12-2005, 08:11 AM
SADDD!!!!

I think we are whittled down to a possible 9 now....
Me
Dotmom
Julie
Vicki
Kemp
Fibergirl
Hildie (?)
Dee (?)
Kimmie (?)

I think Kimmie is the one who had suggested Long Grove....are you still out there, Kimmie???

Im going back to the LYS to return addis and borrowed book today after work....I could reserve the space then...would make me feel less guilty about the returned purchase! :shifty:

kemp
10-12-2005, 09:00 AM
Hilde...you HAVE to come. There is no way I am driving all that way and not meeting Princess Hildegard von Knittin! You either have to drag your silly butt over to KK's on Friday night or get to the place on Saturday. Don't make me show up at your house :fingerwag:

Sara
10-12-2005, 09:06 AM
Don't make me show up at your house :fingerwag:

:shock: Hildie, you don't own any bunnies, do you? Don't let Kemp make you any soup! :rofling:

kemp
10-12-2005, 09:31 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

Wouldn't it be great to have THIS (http://www.cafepress.com/cp/browse/store/knitty.23564763) or THIS (http://www.cafepress.com/fiber_fancies.14543193) to wear to the get together? Maybe with a KH logo?

:( I was just checking airfares (for Jacksonvile...hi ho Silver and Albany/Hartford...Amy) ...I guess the gas $$$ are nixing all the "cheap" flights.

KellyK
10-12-2005, 10:12 AM
My LYS has Tshirts that say Knotty Girl....

Unfortunately, they only come in skinny minnie sizes! :mad:

kemp
10-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Any news on location yet?

KellyK
10-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Waiting on Dee & Kimmie......

kimmie
10-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Hi guys, I've been with my son in the hospital since Sunday, so haven't had a chance to check in here. Assuming all is well with him at that point, I'll be with you.
kimmie

KellyK
10-12-2005, 07:21 PM
KIMMIE! I hope everything is OK!! :(

(I still dont know if we should book space in Long Grove or if it's okay to do Forest Park.....)

kimmie
10-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Forest Park seems far to me right now, Long Grove is close for me and therefore it's more likely I'd be there, BUT please do what is best for everyone else because I have no clue if I'll be able to make it at all.

My son was diagnosed today with Crohn's disease, so hopefully now he can take start taking medicine and feeling better. Being at home again is nice.

kimmie

KellyK
10-12-2005, 11:37 PM
Oh, Kimmie...his poor tummy! :( :heart:

Well, everyone....tell me what to do. :??

mintdee
10-12-2005, 11:44 PM
You will set up another get together in a year and I will join you ladies! I just looked it up and its only 5 hours from Omaha. So when my baby gets older I will leave her with daddy and go knit with all of you!

(You will also take picture of this one so that we can see all the fun you have)

Does that help KK?
:roflhard:

KellyK
10-12-2005, 11:49 PM
YES WE WILL! :lol:

Illinois is going to become the KH knitting MECCA! :roflhard:

Vendie
10-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Oh, Kimmie...his poor tummy! :( :heart:

Well, everyone....tell me what to do. :??

I'm gonna vote for the new shop you told us about just recently. That sounds like it might be closer - just in case I can't come up until Saturday morning.

Kimmie, I hope your son has more good days than bad! Crohn's is nasty stuff!

Debbie
10-13-2005, 03:34 PM
I lerk on this thread wishing I could hang out with y'all ! :mrgreen: with envy...

KellyK
10-13-2005, 11:38 PM
Im gonna stop by the LYS after work tomorrow (Friday) and reserve the space at 11:00am on the 29th unless you all tell me not to......

mintdee
10-13-2005, 11:42 PM
You really should not go there KK.

Omaha Omaha Omaha Omaha Omaha...

Jealousy made me do it I swear :lol:

KellyK
10-14-2005, 07:28 AM
Sandy, sweetie....Im sorry. :lol: If folks are having trouble driving to CRYSTAL LAKE or FOREST PARK, Im not sure that OMAHA would be a better option......

Maybe we should arrange for a speakerphone and a CONFERENCE CALL for all of our other KH friends???

Vendie
10-14-2005, 07:33 AM
sorry KK, that would just remind me WAY too much of work!

KellyK
10-14-2005, 10:22 AM
Yeah...you're RIGHT. FG!! :shock:

THE SLEEPOVER IS ON!!!! :cheering: Just talked to DH....he's making jokes about "all of you damned weirdo knitters invading his house" I said "but IM a damned weirdo knitter"...he says "Yeah, but YOU'RE alright!" :roflhard: He wont be home til late that Friday night, but I cant wait for FG & Kempy to meet him. He's a HOOT!

Ill PM you both with directions.......

:cheering: :happydance: :cheering:
:happydance: :cheering: :happydance:
:cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

Vendie
10-14-2005, 11:10 AM
GLEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! :cheering:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
10-14-2005, 12:22 PM
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I can go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woot!

:cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

I'm just coming for you Kempy!!!! :-)
(and just do you expect us to fit in those mini shirts?????)

KellyK
10-14-2005, 12:24 PM
:balloons: YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! :balloons:

It wouldnt be the same withoutcha, Hildiegard!! :heart:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
10-14-2005, 12:27 PM
actually, i'm just coming so I can snuggle with Howie. :-) I might skip the knitting alltogether. :-)

KellyK
10-14-2005, 12:30 PM
:shock: *GASP* :shock:
BLASPHEMY!!

Vendie
10-14-2005, 02:51 PM

:verysad:
what am I, chopped liver?

KellyK
10-14-2005, 03:36 PM
NOOO - You're at LEAST chopped RIB-EYE!! :mrgreen:

Hildie only said that because Kempy told her that she will NOT come to Chicago without having an opportunity to meet THE Ms. Hildegard_Von_Knittin!!

Vendie
10-14-2005, 03:48 PM
well, OK.... :rofling:

MaryS
10-14-2005, 05:01 PM
Fiber,

I vote for filet mignon! :roflhard: :roflhard:

Mary

Vendie
10-14-2005, 05:19 PM
Thank you, Mary, I AM very tender and expensive! :roflhard:

KellyK
10-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Ill poke ya with a fork as soon as you arrive in a couple weeks! :roflhard:

KellyK
10-14-2005, 07:14 PM
OOH! I forgot to tell y'all......Im going to the Grand Opening party for that new LYS tonight!! Wine, Cheese, Knitting....it can't get any better! :cheering: Well, I guess it could if ALL of my KH friends could be there! :heart:

Im gonna return their book, return those Addi's and BOOK US A KNITT'N PARTY!! :cheering:

Vendie
10-14-2005, 07:26 PM
Ill poke ya with a fork as soon as you arrive in a couple weeks! :roflhard:

Ouch, baby! :eyebrow:

KellyK
10-14-2005, 10:00 PM
That was very Austin Powers of you, FG!

Well, I cant believe that NO ONE WAS KNITTING at this grand opening reception.

But...I did book our DATE!! :cheering:

Vendie
10-14-2005, 11:08 PM
Oh behaaavveee!

:rollseyes:

you know, I've been accused of lots of things but NEVER of being like Austin Powers!

DotMom61
10-15-2005, 12:45 AM
Well, Kelly, thank you for rescuing my sorry behind by booking our knitting party.

It has *not* been a fun week here. Might I whine a bit?

Monday: DS gets admitted to hospital for chemo.

Tues: DS is done w/ chemo & we wait for *hours* before being discharged from the hospital because the dr. is so busy with newly diagnosed patients :-(

Wed: Drive to Dixon to meet MIL & retrieve DD from her. Drive home. (1 hour ea. way) DS starts running low-grade fever in the afternoon - turns into a full blown fever by bedtime. Call nurse: "Bring him to clinic tomorrow."

Thurs: Take DS *back* to hospital for blood work to see if there is an infection. (Another 1 hr drive ea. way) (DD stays @ home with DH who has arranged to work at home.) White counts are good; go back home. Fever spikes even higher at bedtime. Call nurse: "Bring him back tomorrow."

Fri: DS, DD and I head to hospital *again.* (DH is back at work.) DS gets IV antibiotics and we go home. (Try a new way home, but it still takes an hour.) DD and DH head off to nephew's wedding in Indianapolis while DS and I sadly wave goodbye while wishing we could be going, too. Have an enjoyable -- yet somewhat anxious -- evening of movie & pizza with DS. It was nice and warm sitting next to him.

And the fever rages on. At 7:30 pm it was over 103. Apparently, though, there is no infection, and it must be a virus. So, if you are so inclined, a few prayers would be appreciated because antibiotics don't work for viruses. It would sure be nice, God, if that fever would break tonight. :pray:

On the bright side: 1) I didn't have to pack; 2) I get to stay home and get some sleep; 3) I don't have to be seen in public in a bathing suit; 4) My DS is a lot of fun to hang out with even when he's feverish.

And now, for that sleep I was talking about ... Nigh' night.

MaryB
10-15-2005, 06:19 AM
Hugs and prayers for you and your family, Julie. You all have been through so much and are so strong. You are amazing. May God continue to support you-----and breaking the fever would be nice too, GOD. :pray:

VickiIL
10-15-2005, 07:25 AM
OH Julie! What a week. I am praying for your son (and for his mom too!)
Take care and get that sleep.

Vendie
10-15-2005, 08:17 AM
Hi Julie 0 I hope your son gets to feeling better soon. Icky fevers! I'll be thinking about you both! :heart: Big hugs for you!

DotMom61
10-15-2005, 09:55 AM
Thanks, everybody. I went in to check on him @ 6 am, and the ibuprofen had his fever down to about 101, but when I went back in @ 8 am to give him some more, it was back up to 103.8.

The nurse practitioner is waiting for the 2nd read of the blood cultures, which should be available by about 10:30. So, we'll see what to do then. She's pretty convinced it's a virus, and he doesn't have any other symptoms, is quite lucid when awake, and basically just has a high fever. <sigh> This, too, shall pass.

(Thank you so much for the prayers!!)

KellyK
10-15-2005, 10:11 AM
Tell BMan I said to stop being difficult! ;) And, give him a hug from me. I really do just LUV your kids!

Jul...I'll be thinkin about both of ya! And, your behind is NOT sorry....and you may certainly whine whenever you need to. Make it a GIFT to yourself...because you RARELY do whine. You and the young'uns AMAZE me with your positivity. I wanna be like you when I grow up!

Julie
10-15-2005, 10:24 AM
(((Julie)))

I know my kids SLEEP a lot when they're feverish...you know what that means...

:XX: :XX: :XX:

Hang in there!!

KellyK
10-15-2005, 10:46 AM
I suppose I should tell you all where you should be at 11:00 a.m. on the 29th! :oops:

Chix With Stix
7316 West Madison Street
Forest Park, IL
708-366-6300

The easiest way to get there would be to make your way to I290 (from the north, I would think you would take 90/94 to 290), get off at Harlem & go North to Madison, then West (left). The shop is just before Circle, which is the next light. There is TONS of street parking. Some with and some without meters. You COULD take I55 to Harlem, as well....same directions from there.

Here's theire website.... (http://chixwithstixknitting.com/index.htm) I know it isnt much right now, but they've only been open a month!

DotMom61
10-15-2005, 01:23 PM
Thanks, Kelly and Julie --

And, quite honestly, he's not being difficult at all. He says he doesn't really feel bad. So, we're just having a nice quiet weekend at home. And, yes, I do need to try & get some knitting done. ;-)

Only 75 rows to go on the Pie Are Square Shawl. :doh:

Only 3 more Oregon Totes to go -- those are kinda fun.

Only 11" more on the Quick & Easy Shell! (which I haven't knit upon for weeks now)

And of course I keep printing off more patterns of things I want to knit. I think I'm going to knit up a quick cowl w/ some ribbon yarn I have. I need something to go w/ a plain, brown sweater I bought the other day.

Oh, and of course, I need to spend any remaining time out here gabbing with you guys. :thumbsup:

Hey!! Who put all those dirty dishes by the sink??!!

(p.s. Kelly -- I just told DS that you said to quit being so difficult. He just looked at me and rolled his eyes (and then smiled). So, this is for you --> :rollseyes: )

KellyK
10-15-2005, 01:33 PM
And, quite honestly, he's not being difficult at all. He says he doesn't really feel bad.
I know HE's not being difficult...his BODY is! :lol: I know he means that eye-rolling with all the affection his little heart can muster! :heart:

DotMom61
10-15-2005, 02:07 PM
It *was* followed by a mischievous little grin. We just don't have the right emoticon here to show it. :lol:

BTW ... DD wanted to come by & see you yesterday when we were done @ the clinic. It didn't bother her one bit that her dear brother was running a huge fever at the time. :rollseyes:

KellyK
10-15-2005, 02:13 PM
SWEET! :heart:

Unfortunately, I wasnt home.....but, you have my numbers...feel free to give me a call next time!

DotMom61
10-15-2005, 02:18 PM
Oh ... she wanted to come by "The Home" not *your* home! :lol:

And we *will* call you sometime and take *you* out for ice cream. I've got a hankerin' for that tequila flavored stuff. But, I think we'll wait 'til we're all healthy first! ;-)

Licensed2Cook
10-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Well you'd think a girl could take a bit of a break and return to find that everything is just as it was but...

Take one part new LYS and add a few more knitters then shake and stir and you have a new knitterly meeting spot to explore and play in!

I'd love to go, but I have to wait until that week before I know for sure.

KellyK
10-15-2005, 03:35 PM
OOOOH! I hope you can come, Dee! *crossables crossed* I did tell that that we would have about 10...that included YOU!

Julie
10-15-2005, 06:28 PM
:cheering: I'm in!

My DH is fabulous. I have commitments three Saturdays in a row and he's not even acting cranky. :inlove:

Andrea
10-15-2005, 08:05 PM
Can I just say that I'm realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly mad I can't go! I hate work!! :mad:

I'll be thinking of you guys having fun out there!!

PS---my husband thought it was hilarious that I can't post normal sized pics on here so he said he'd help me whenever I'm ready :happydance:

KellyK
10-15-2005, 10:02 PM
YAYYYYYY Julie! :cheering:

BOOOOOOO Andrea! :( Im SO sorrry! We'll try to set the next date in plenty of time for you to take the Saturday off....

VickiIL
10-16-2005, 08:48 AM
Hooray, I can't wait. Thanks for making the arrangements Kelly.

kimmie
10-16-2005, 09:26 AM
DotMom, I really hope that your son's fever has gone down now. I'm still praying for him.

Kelly, do you know the address for the knitting shop where we are supposed to meet? If you already posted it, I'm sorry to ask again.

We are taking things day by day here, so I don't know if I'll be able to make it, but hopefully things will be much better by then.

kimmie

KellyK
10-16-2005, 11:01 AM
It's right at the top of this page, darlin... :roflhard:

VickiIL
10-19-2005, 03:24 PM
I am so bummed I could cry. My uncle has decided to come up that weekend. (Now don't get me wrong I love my uncle and he would win hands down for anything else I want to do...but this is knitting!) However it appears that I won't be able to make it after all. I am so bummed!

Have fun everyone.

Vendie
10-19-2005, 05:05 PM
BOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! :crying: I'm sorry I'll miss meeting you!

kemp
10-20-2005, 09:47 AM
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I can go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woot!

:cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

YAY! I'm sooooooooooooo glad!

Um, those shirts? I know...maybe we need to make our own!

kemp
10-20-2005, 09:52 AM
I'm a few days behind on this post. I've been painting my upstairs bathroom :)

KK thanks so much for booking the place and clearing things with DH...can't wait to meet him!

Is that one of the stores that offered us a discount? Just curious so I can think about my yarn "budget" :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

KellyK
10-20-2005, 04:54 PM
POOPY, Vick!!!! :(

YES, Kempy....they are giving us a 20% discount! I plan on buying some Berocco Glace for my black Cozy wrap! :cheering: And, you are SO welcome....I LOVE sleepovers!!!

kimmie
10-20-2005, 06:57 PM
Ooooohhhh 20% off! That's great! I wonder if their website lists the kinds of yarns they carry. I'll have to go check that out.

Has anybody out there heard from DotMom? I'm worried because her son had that bad fever. I hope he's okay. I'm sending prayers their way.

kimmie

KellyK
10-20-2005, 08:16 PM
I wonder if their website lists the kinds of yarns they carry. I'll have to go check that out.

Here's what I said in my first post about Chix With Stix:

They carry Berroco, Cascade, Cherry Tree Hill, Lorna's Laces, Alchemy (YUM!!), Muench, Anny Blatt, and another brand that starts with a C but is not Crystal Palace or Classic Elite. They carry Clovers, Addis, Denises and Lantern Moon. Not a whole lot of notions.

kimmie
10-20-2005, 09:54 PM
Thanks Kelly. My memory isn't what it should be. I need to get better at searching older posts.
kimmie

kemp
10-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Not long now! :)

KellyK
10-24-2005, 09:43 AM
:happydance: SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCIIIIIIIIIIIITEDDDDDDD!!!! :happydance:

Now, remember, we can bring munchies...Im going to make those pecan pie muffins. Not that everyone HAS to bring something, but if you want....

Should I bring a gallon of iced tea? Or a couple bottles of wine??

DotMom61
10-24-2005, 11:15 AM
I almost FORGOT about this!!! I hope, I hope, I hope :pray: that all will be well enough here that I can come. I'm really thinking it will be, but lately I have a hard time saying, "Oh, sure! I'll be there!" Any time I do that ... well, you know. http://static.flickr.com/31/55686073_2f295559cd_o.gif

Kimmie -- thank you so much for checking in on me. As you know, we're home now. :-) And I hope *your* son is improving daily and that you can make it to this outing. It would be fabulous to give you a hug in person. ;-) (The rest of you, too!!)

Vicki: I can't believe you can't make it. :sigh: Hopefully, next time, right??

Well, I need to go. The kids are finally up & I need to get come calories into them. ;-) It's soooo nice to be back home!!!

kemp
10-24-2005, 11:48 AM
I really hope some of you "maybes" can make it for at least a little while. It would suck to be in Chicago and not get to meet everyone.

Of course, you have good reasons...just would :heart: to see you if possible :)

Licensed2Cook
10-24-2005, 04:02 PM
I just found out that I have to work on Saturday until 12:30 so I have to bow out this time. Have a good time ladies!

KellyK
10-24-2005, 07:20 PM
Well, that's just STINKY, Dee! :( Are you sure you cant pop up after work? Youd be here in about a half hour, Im sure!

So....are we now down to SEVEN??
Me
Dotmom
Julie
Kemp
Fibergirl
Hildie
Kimmie (?)

KellyK
10-24-2005, 09:31 PM
OH! And, maybe Suziehomemaker.....if she's not puking all over..... :shifty:

Julie
10-24-2005, 09:39 PM
I'll bring a snack too! :D

I'll take a vote....healthy or sweet?? :??

KellyK
10-24-2005, 09:55 PM
Im bringing Pecan Pie Muffins. I LOOOOVE sweets! :drool:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
10-24-2005, 10:07 PM
i'll bring something healthy AND sweet :-)

DotMom61
10-24-2005, 11:49 PM
I'll be lucky just to get myself there!! I can't even see most of my kitchen counter right now for all of the mail stacked up on it. http://static.flickr.com/31/55686073_2f295559cd_o.gif

If I *am* able to pull myself together by then, though, I would *love* to bring something. I'll have to put my thinking cap on. Right now, however, my night cap is in the way. :zzz:

KellyK
10-25-2005, 12:41 AM
Julie....after your last week, Im thinking you should be exempt from bringing anything, dearest!

DotMom61
10-25-2005, 09:20 AM
Julie....after your last week, Im thinking you should be exempt from bringing anything, dearest!

Ahhh ... but last week is over, and this is a *new* week!!! We must forge ahead ... peanut butter brownies??

KellyK
10-25-2005, 09:54 AM
*sigh* If you must.......

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

kemp
10-25-2005, 10:28 AM
Oh please, please, please, peeps...just bring yourself! I would just love meet as many of you fun Chicagoans as possible. I'll pack my car with snacks if I have to. Just try to show up!!! :pray: Even if its only for a litle bit.

kemp
10-25-2005, 06:00 PM
Woo Hoo peeps! Three days from now FiberGirl and I will be KUI at KK's in Chicago. Four days from now we will be eating/knitting/purchasing at the lovely LYS who is giving us 20% off!

Is it odd that I am so excited?

DotMom61
10-25-2005, 06:31 PM
Is it odd that I am so excited?

Are you kidding? I'm counting the days!!!
Wee hoo! http://static.flickr.com/32/56100942_f865eff6e7_o.gif

Vendie
10-25-2005, 07:21 PM
I am SOOOOO excited!!! I keep hoping I can cut out of work a little early on Friday, and so far, it's looking pretty promising!!

Kemp, you are just so great to deal with the uncertainty of my crazy schedule...who knew it would be so hard getting a few hours off?

I can't wait to meet everyone!!!!! I'm going to bring my camera!!! Oh, and I guess my spindle too, I hope I remember how to use it after falling for the spinning wheel :??

KellyK
10-25-2005, 09:39 PM
Kempy....what's KUI?? I mean, you can pretty much do whatever you WANT at my house, but I may need to warn DH before he comes home from work. :??

Julie
10-25-2005, 10:06 PM
Knitting under the influence? :rofling:

DotMom61
10-26-2005, 02:12 AM
Julie --

You have to bring whatever that is in your avatar for all of us to gawk at! It's so pretty!

VickiIL
10-26-2005, 05:36 AM
I am still so bummed that I can't go! :crying: I was so looking forward to seeing everyone again.

I am wondering how long you plan to be at the LYS? I may be able to get there later.

Vendie
10-26-2005, 07:24 AM
Kempy....what's KUI?? I mean, you can pretty much do whatever you WANT at my house, but I may need to warn DH before he comes home from work. :??

KUI= Knitting Under the Influence :roflhard: or KWI=Knitting While Intoxicated, which really doesn't work all that well, don't you know

KellyK
10-26-2005, 07:50 AM
Im POUTING for you, Vick!! :( I dont know how long we plan on being there! Ill PM you my cell phone number....you can call us & see where we are! :thumbsup:

Dont I feel like a newbie, FG!! How could I KNOT have known that?!?! :roflhard:

Julie
10-26-2005, 12:01 PM
You have to bring whatever that is in your avatar for all of us to gawk at!
Er, I kind of screwed it up...again...but if I can fix it before Saturday I'll bring it. ;)

Vendie
10-26-2005, 12:03 PM
Im POUTING for you, Vick!! :( I dont know how long we plan on being there! Ill PM you my cell phone number....you can call us & see where we are! :thumbsup:

Dont I feel like a newbie, FG!! How could I KNOT have known that?!?! :roflhard:

Don't worry it took me a few minutes to get it too...it dawned on me while I was eating dinner...

DotMom61
10-26-2005, 12:42 PM
Don't worry it took me a few minutes to get it too...it dawned on me while I was eating dinner...

Oh! So *that's* what you were reading while you were eating :roflhard: ... see this (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=58615#58615).

DotMom61
10-26-2005, 12:45 PM

Oh, well, great minds think alike ... I just PM'd her mine, too!! Guess I should read the whole thread before taking action, eh?

KellyK
10-27-2005, 08:36 AM
:happydance: :happydance: TWO MORE DAYS!! :happydance: :happydance:

(And, only ONE more day til KellyK's SLEEPOVERPALOOZA!! :cheering: )

Mer
10-27-2005, 10:05 AM
Aww, you guys are makin' me jealous! Maybe I can send my mom over to meet you guys and be me for a day! She knits...or she used to. Makes me (almost) want to move back to Wheaton!

DotMom61
10-27-2005, 11:53 AM
Aww, you guys are makin' me jealous! Maybe I can send my mom over to meet you guys and be me for a day! She knits...or she used to. Makes me (almost) want to move back to Wheaton!

Mer ...

Wheaton is on my way! I could stop and pick her up. ;-)

Julie
10-27-2005, 12:53 PM
Julie...you could stop and pick me up... :mrgreen:

Mer
10-27-2005, 01:49 PM

Mer ...

Wheaton is on my way! I could stop and pick her up. ;-)

Hee hee! I don't think I could get her to do it though. :rollseyes:

DotMom61
10-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Julie...you could stop and pick me up... :mrgreen:

I could do that, you know!! Are you in Wheaton or Naperville?

Julie
10-27-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm in Warrenville, right next to I-88 :D

Debbie
10-27-2005, 07:16 PM
I want to be picked up tooooooo!

KellyK
10-27-2005, 07:35 PM
8-) Hey there, Good Lookin'! What's your sign?? :eyebrow:

Ingrid
10-27-2005, 07:52 PM

Vendie
10-27-2005, 08:09 PM
8-) Hey there, Good Lookin'! What's your sign?? :eyebrow:

So, uh, :eyebrow: , knit here often? :eyebrow:

KellyK
10-27-2005, 09:13 PM
:mad: FG! Stop movin in on my ACTION! You're KNIT-BLOCKING!! :mad:

I cant tell you how EXCITED I am about the sleepoverpalooza...turns out DH is working a double shift tomorrow...a PM and a midnight! Its gonna be GREAT to have company!! :cheering:

Ingrid
10-27-2005, 10:34 PM
:fingerwag: You girls behave yourselves, now!! :happydance:

KellyK
10-27-2005, 10:36 PM
And, HEY...Debbie......we've got BIG NEEDLES!! :eyebrow:

Vendie
10-28-2005, 07:08 AM
:mad: FG! Stop movin in on my ACTION! You're KNIT-BLOCKING!! :mad:

I cant tell you how EXCITED I am about the sleepoverpalooza...turns out DH is working a double shift tomorrow...a PM and a midnight! Its gonna be GREAT to have company!! :cheering:

And it's looking better and better that I can get out of work early today!!!
GLLEEEEEEE! :cheering:

KellyK
10-28-2005, 07:47 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: GLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

KellyK
10-28-2005, 07:48 AM
And, Suz...how's it looking for YOU for Saturday?? *crossables crossed*

DotMom61
10-28-2005, 09:17 AM

I'm sorry, Debbie. Only people named "Julie" can ride in my car. :|

This is *nothing* to do with the fact that you're about 1100 miles out of the way! Hey! Maybe Cheryl can drop down and pick you up!! Cheryl???

Seriously, I say next year we try & plan a nationwide get-together somewhere. Wouldn't that be fun? Meet somewhere with nice weather & margaritas?

kemp
10-28-2005, 10:21 AM
That's a good idea...I vote for a get together next November in Florida. Warm, sunny, knitting...sounds good :)

Julie
10-28-2005, 10:59 AM
Only people named "Julie" can ride in my car.
:happydance:

KellyK
10-28-2005, 01:11 PM
That's a good idea...I vote for a get together next November in Florida. Warm, sunny, knitting...sounds good :)

YES!!!! :cheering: Warm, sunny, HURRICANES!!!! :shock:

InterNette
10-28-2005, 01:31 PM
Actually January through is great time, get away from the snow and all activities are in full swing. Art shows every weekend, sometimes a parade. I will happily host one. I am 5 minutes from the beach and downtown, have 2 extra bedrooms and 2 of my bestfriends are chefs and one would happily make food to be close to all women. (yeah he is one of the boobie pillow guys) if your polish we can arrange authentic foods. We also have 2 local yarn shops, only one I have been to and it is wonderful.

I bet you all have a blast at your knitting party.

kemp
10-28-2005, 01:42 PM
OOOhhh Nette...I would be SO in! What part of Fl are you in?

InterNette
10-28-2005, 01:46 PM
I am in Naples, south of fort myers, If you drew a line from ft lauderdale , miami middle across you would see Naples, actually alleigator alley is 75 and goes across the state at the bottom, thats us.

kemp
10-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Yes...we have lots of Cincinnati people that winter in Naples. That would be a great place for a get together! My MIL is in Ft. Lauderdale Nov-April. We go down for Thanksgiving and usually again in Feb. I never mind visiting Florida more though in the winter! It's so nice to get a break from the cold weather.

Oh...forgot aobut the time change between here and Indy. I'm actually just getting ready to leave. Keep everything crossed for FiberGirl that she can get out a little early. If she doesn't I might be broke by the time I pick her up (she has me stopping by a LYS on my way to get her...kill some time :) )

Vendie
10-28-2005, 02:03 PM
*looking up at the ceiling, whistling* I have no idea what Kempy is talking about, there are NO yarn stores in Indy, especially not 10 minutes from my office, and double espcially none with truckloads of yarn, pretty pretty yarn. :rollseyes:

kemp
10-28-2005, 02:17 PM

FG...I am leaving here now...1:15 your time so I'll be in Indy around 3. I'll get into the Lilly campus by 4:30 so I can be ready to go as soon as you get out. If anything changes call me! It'll be hard to pull myself away from the yarn store, but if it means getting on the road earlier I'll do it :)

KellyK
10-28-2005, 02:26 PM
So that means I probably wont see you two until Hildie and I are already drunk....OOPS! I mean until about 7:30 my time! :shifty:

Vendie
10-28-2005, 03:32 PM
So that means I probably wont see you two until Hildie and I are already drunk....OOPS! I mean until about 7:30 my time! :shifty:

oh for shame KK! you could at least have the decency to wait until we get there!

Yeah, unfortunately my "visitors" aren't wrapping up until 3:30 now instead of 1 as was originally scheduled, so it doesn't look like I'll be getting out of here until at least 4-4:30. Crossing my fingers. :crying:

suziehomemaker
10-28-2005, 04:39 PM
AAAHHH!!!

Somehow I stopped getting the replies to this thread and I completely forgot about this weekend. How dumb am I?!?!?

DH and I were planning on cleaning and packing all day tomorrow. I talked to him and he's excited to have me go knit with y'all! I have the best husband ever! I thought for sure he'd want me to stay and help him clean the stupid garage.

So, I printed out the directions and will meet everyone at the shop around 11. I may get lost so think happy thoughts for me! I'm warning you now that I'm bringing water and snacks with me so I don't throw up on the yarn. I can't go more than a couple hours without eating or drinking so I hope the owners don't get upset. Damn knocked up knitter!!

MaryS
10-28-2005, 04:41 PM
Have a GREAT TIME all of you!

I wish I could be there. :crying: I'm coming for sure to the next one! :cheering: :thumbsup:

Happy Knitting, Fiberating, and drinking at the sleepover!!
Remember: Friend don't let friend KNIT drunk :rofling:

Mary

Vendie
10-28-2005, 04:44 PM
Remember: Friend don't let friend KNIT drunk :rofling:

Oh sure they do! :roflhard:

Ingrid
10-28-2005, 04:51 PM
Well if all of you are knitting and drinking, I for one want to see the unfrogged results in the morning!

Have a wonderful time!!!! :happydance: :happydance:

KellyK
10-28-2005, 05:15 PM
YAYYYYYY SUZZZZZ!!!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

We'll miss ya Mary and Ingy!

Maybe we'll all make a KUI-type post later this evening???

mintdee
10-28-2005, 05:38 PM
You really must! I want to hear how much fun everyone is having
:D I will be there in spirit. :rollseyes:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
10-28-2005, 06:54 PM
yay!

I'M AT KK'S HOUSE!!!!

we're not drunk*.

Let the knitting** BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

*yet
**and drinking

Ingrid
10-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Let the Wild Rumpus start!!

KellyK
10-29-2005, 12:36 AM
LOOK HOW CUTE WE ARE!!!!!

KellyK
10-29-2005, 12:38 AM
MORE cuteness...

DotMom61
10-29-2005, 12:58 AM
OK ... this is really creepy ... Kemp lost her irises in that picture. Are you guys really drinking THAT much!?!

I was about "this close" to calling you guys a little bit ago. Instead, I did laundry, cleaned up the kitchen and packed up my knitting bag. :rollseyes:

Glad to see you all are having fun!

Oh, and it sounds like Kimmie might be joining us tomorrow!!! :cheering:

Psstt ... Julie ... Do you have any party horns we can take to the LYS tomorrow??

Lucy Fan
10-29-2005, 12:58 AM
Love the pictures. You guys look like you are having so much fun! :D

mintdee
10-29-2005, 12:59 AM
Awww you guys look so cute! And you look like you are having a blast :) KK After seeing your pjs I am thinking that you will like what will be in your mailbox next week :P

KellyK
10-29-2005, 02:30 AM
I bought these FROGGIE PJ's especially for tonight!

AND, the only thing I should be getting in my mailbox is a CARD for someone ELSE! :fingerwag: What are you doin, Mintdee sweetie?

MaryB
10-29-2005, 09:36 AM
I'm sitting here trying not to be green with envy-----but I am. I am in charge of entertaining the visiting SIL while my husband is on the golf course! I think I should have had a few hours off for good behavior and run down to meet all you happy knitters!

Have a great time and send pictures! HUGS to all the IL group (plus a few visiting states)!

mintdee
10-29-2005, 10:12 AM
What are you doin, Mintdee sweetie?

:shifty: Nothin I swear :P

btw: Break out the coffee and asprin its morning! :roflhard:

KellyK
10-29-2005, 10:51 AM
I KNOW....SOMEONE had a rough morning.

A virtual prize to the KH member who correctly guesses who!!

mintdee
10-29-2005, 11:01 AM
I guess FiberGirl! Whats my prize?! :roflhard:

Good to know that everyone else made it through allright. ;)

KellyK
10-29-2005, 07:42 PM
Had SUCH a GREAT day today!!! I tell ya....I just LOVE this group!! I have no pics to post because everyone else took pics, and Im sure will post ASAP....

But, Chix With Stix was VERY cool, great relaxed vibe, and VERY sweet and accomodating. We sat on comfy couches and ate snacks and knitted and chatted and went to lunch.

It was FANTASTIC to meet Kemp and Fibergirl, and Kimmie, who FINALLY got to do some show-n-tell! She is VERY talented! Suziehomemaker looks FABULOUS and I cant wait to see pics when she actually grows a babybelly! Hildie and Julie and Julie, as always, are FUN to hang with.

Mintdee, you WIN! Here's your prize!

VickiIL
10-29-2005, 07:47 PM
I am so glad everyone had such a great time! I was with you in spirit! I can't wait to see the pictures!

So now we need to plan the next one so I CAN go!

kimmie
10-29-2005, 08:36 PM
It was GREAT fun spending time with everyone. It was somewhat surreal. I felt like I was hanging out with movie stars or something because before today you guys were in the same catagory as the stars in People Magazine...I felt like I knew you, but I didn't really and then suddenly you guys were plopped into my life. Hard to explain, but most excellent! Everyone was soooo nice and so CUTE and had such attractive yarn and projects as well.

The world needs to know KK's recipe for those yummy muffins. Oh my gosh they were good.

Hildie - could you tell me the name of the pattern you were using again? My memory is awful. It is very cute!

Julie was wearing the greatest sweater which I swear she'll need to wash because I was drooling so much over it. SHE DESIGNED IT HERSELF. That alone threw me for a loop, but then I found out she has only been knitting since January. I, on the other hand, have been knitting for over 30 years and I cannot design anything.

It was so fun to meet everyone. I can't wait to do it again!

kimmie

KellyK
10-29-2005, 08:45 PM
Oh, Kimmie, its not MY recipe....I only FOUND it.... HERE (http://bread.allrecipes.com/az/PecanPieMuffins.asp).

Julie
10-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Kim may not be a designer, but she's a fabulous knitter! She brought all sorts of beautiful FOs for us to see and we took pics to share with everyone! And she has fabulous glasses too. ;)

What else can I say? Totally fun day! From the ride in the Juliemoble to meeting Kim, Kemp and (poor illin') Wendie (and seeing Suzie, KK and Hildie again), to the knitting and great tasty lunch with an amusing waitress (depending on who you talk to...) it was a blast! Topped off by a trip with KK and Julie to the Mexican ice cream shop! What could be better?

Well, it would be better if I wasn't feeling sicker by the minute here, but I'll get an extra hour of sleep tonight, so I have that going for me. :mrgreen:

Thanks everyone, for a really fun day! :D

InterNette
10-29-2005, 09:15 PM
sounds like a winning event all the way around, and so much fun, the pics were great.

Mer
10-29-2005, 09:31 PM
Yay! :cheering: Glad everyone had fun. We want pictures! ;)

Ingrid
10-29-2005, 09:34 PM
:cheering: Yes! More pics! We need to live vicariously! :cheering:

KellyK
10-29-2005, 09:46 PM
OH NOOOOO! I didnt know you were feelin sick, too, Julie!! :(

mintdee
10-29-2005, 11:34 PM
(I got a trophy woo woo!)
Ahem...

Anyway
I am so glad that everyone had a great day! I can not wait to see the pictures *hint :roflhard:

Julie I hope that you are feeling a lot better soon :)

kimmie
10-29-2005, 11:46 PM
Oh dear, Julie!! I hope you are okay and feel better soon.
kimmie

Vendie
10-30-2005, 09:04 AM
Ok, I'm back amongst the living again. I should have started the day with ice cream and then apparently I would have been just fine! Shoot!

And I was actually able to eat solid food last night when I got home. So I think I'm over it.

I feel SOOOOOOOOO bad about being hungover/sick/whatever that was yesterday. I totally didn't even get to really talk to anyone! I was so out of it! No more wine for FG! Yucky.

Kimmie - your works were so pretty, I didn't get a chance to tell you that! You're a fantastic knitter! Suzie, I'm so happy for you! Julie, I hope I'm not the one who made you sick!

Kempy, thanks for the ride and for picking me up from work (poor thing had to get a security escort back to my building). I hope the rest of the drive home wasn't too bad for you.

So, OK, the next time all you Illinoisans get together, I promise I will be there and I will be much more normal!

Julie
10-30-2005, 09:34 AM
FG, glad you're feeling better! :D I just have a cold that I have been trying to kick -- it gets better, then worse, then better, then worse -- I'm definitely on the "worse" end of the spectrum today...but the extra hour of sleep did help. :thumbsup:

DotMom61
10-30-2005, 10:14 AM
Wendie --

I'm so glad you're feeling better, and I think we all feel cheated that we didn't get to know you better. But, of course, we all understand and hope that you can join us again sometime. (Just don't stay @ Kelly's house! http://static.flickr.com/26/55951450_9c0f07f5d3_o.gif

Julie --

I hope you feel better soon. I wonder if you have an allergy to alpaca. :shock: Just kidding, of course! Thanks for the company in the Julie-mobile yesterday! We'll have to have another sing-a-long sometime soon! ;)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
10-30-2005, 12:22 PM
OMG how did i not get any pictures of us actually KNITTING????????

Kimmie, the pattern i was doing was Knitting Pure and Simple Neckdown shaped cardigan. it's sooooooooooo easy! it's pattern #241 on this (www.knittingpureandsimple.com/cardi.html) page, and the home site is here (www.knittingpureandsimple.com)

i had S U C H a good time! FG, I'm so glad you're feeling better. I hope someone got a few pics of you, but I didn't take any (i know i don't like to have pics taken of me when i feel crappy!) I can't wait until we do it again... and we HAVE to do it before anyone moves away!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
10-30-2005, 12:25 PM
duh i forgot to add the rest of the pics!

here's 2 of KK on friday night that she "forgot" to upload

Hildegard_von_Knittin
10-30-2005, 12:29 PM
poo! i'm not IN any of these!!!!!!!!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
10-30-2005, 12:32 PM
here are kimmie's FO's! Kimmie, you can download these right from KH and save them on your comp... then post what they are in the FO forum with a description (or leave them here, whatever you want to do!)

annnnnnd the pretty tree outside KK's house. I love fall.

VickiIL
10-30-2005, 01:03 PM
Fun pictures! It looks like you had a blast! Kimmie, what fabulous work you do! I love all of them! Great job! :thumbsup:

OK I am serious....lets get planning the next one....

Did I tell you ladies there is a new LYS in downtown Plainfield. It isn't even open yet but I got the tour! It is great! They are planning Friday night SNB's! Hooray! :cheering: It opens Tuesday! It is right on Lockport Street where the old Bridal Shoppe use to be!!!!!!!! (Hopefully someone here is familar enough with Plainfield to know where I am talking about.)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
10-30-2005, 01:18 PM
oo fun!
i think we should do one b/t christmas and new years... a non stressful holiday RELAX time. I know I get all nutty around the holidays. Of course, I'm the teacher with 2 weeks off then, so that helps too!!!

Vendie
10-30-2005, 01:36 PM
That sounds like a good idea Hildie! I'll actually be in Iowa, but I'm sure my mom and I could sneak away for a little bit :devil: leave my DH to hang out with my Dad (that wouldn't be akward at all!)

Ingrid
10-30-2005, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the pics. My, my, my that yarn shop looks like heaven! It's so nice that you could all get together.

KellyK
10-30-2005, 01:43 PM
OK, HILD.....that was just MEAN posting a pic of my froggy butt like that. :verysad:

LOOK! I DID take pics! Because I like to be NICE (unlike SOME Hildie's we know) I blurred out the project that Hildie doesnt want anyone to see....

Mer
10-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Wow, that yarn shop does look great!

oo fun!
i think we should do one b/t christmas and new years... a non stressful holiday RELAX time. I know I get all nutty around the holidays. Of course, I'm the teacher with 2 weeks off then, so that helps too!!!

What a FABULOUS idea Hilde! Because I will be up there between Christmas and New Years and could join you! But I would think LYSs might be closed then. :thinking:

Vendie
10-30-2005, 03:09 PM
:?? hmmm, I'm trying to remember what mystery project is...

was I really that out of it??? :rollseyes:

:figureditout: oh, duh, now I remember! It was such a cool thing too!!! I can't wait for Hildie to post real pictures of it, it's really neat!

VickiIL
10-30-2005, 03:30 PM
oo fun!

My husband still is working that week...I could do that Saturday but wouldn't be able to make it during the week. Sounds like a great time though.

KellyK
10-30-2005, 03:33 PM
I will be up there between Christmas and New Years and could join you!
Will you bring your head?? ;)

Julie
10-30-2005, 03:54 PM
Great minds think alike! I said the same thing to Julie in the car -- between Christmas and New Year's...before Suzie moves...

Mer
10-30-2005, 05:58 PM
I will be up there between Christmas and New Years and could join you!
Will you bring your head?? ;)

:rollseyes:

KellyK
10-30-2005, 07:40 PM
Has anyone heard from Kempy? :?? I wanna know that she got home okay....I dont have her phone number.

Vendie
10-30-2005, 07:47 PM
I parted ways with her around 6:30 Indiana time yesterday, so that means she should have gotten home around 9 Indiana time. I haven't heard from her yet either. Kempy I hope you're ok!

foothills
10-30-2005, 08:00 PM
KK...WHERE ARE THE CLOGS TO MATCH THE NEW PJ'S?

I bought these FROGGIE PJ's especially for tonight!

It appears that you all had such a great time :mrgreen: ...it would be wonderful if we ALL could get together one of these days...before some of us are too "old" to travel :roflhard: :roflhard:

Kimmie-your FO's are gorgeous...

Hilde--glad to see you're "back"!

FG--sorry to hear you weren't feeling well...hope you're feeling much better today!

Vendie
10-30-2005, 08:02 PM
I AM feeling much better today! Except that I feel like I got the wind knocked out of me. Thanks for asking :D

Andrea
10-30-2005, 08:30 PM
Oooooh it looks like you guys had fun! I was thinking about you guys when I was working :(

I hope I can make the next one, I think we should definitely get a date set for the next! I want to be there!!

KellyK
10-30-2005, 09:01 PM
Y'all were talking about the week between Christmas & New Years...well, the Saturday after Christmas IS New Year's Eve.... :(

kimmie
10-30-2005, 09:29 PM
Okay, now I'm worried about Kemp. Hopefully she'll check in sooooooon.

I'm glad you are feeling better FiberGirl. It's no fun to feel so sick.

Julie, I hope that you are feeling better today too.

Hildie - thank you for posting the pics of my FOs. I am technology impaired so the odds of me downloading the images and doing anything with them is nil, but hey, it was so nice of you for taking the pics and putting them here so people can see that I really DO knit :).

I keep going over the get-together in my head and it was such fun. I wish I could have talked more to everyone. I was just sitting there trying to absorb the fact that it was all really happening!

:) kimmie

DotMom61
10-30-2005, 10:06 PM
Has anyone tried Kemp's email? I have her address from the afghan squares contest. I'll drop her a line.

I hope everythings OK!!!

KellyK
10-30-2005, 10:25 PM
Both FG & I left messages on her home machine.....we're attacking from all angles! :thumbsup:

VickiIL
10-30-2005, 11:03 PM
Y'all were talking about the week between Christmas & New Years...well, the Saturday after Christmas IS New Year's Eve.... :(

Then for me at least it would have to wait until after the New Year.

amy
10-30-2005, 11:23 PM
:cheering: That all sounds like you ladies had SUCH a great time! That slumber party looked SOOOO fun!! And what a beautiful yarn shop!!

LOVE the pictures. Thanks for sharing!!! :heart:

DotMom61
10-31-2005, 01:01 AM
Both FG & I left messages on her home machine.....we're attacking from all angles! :thumbsup:

Well, then hopefully, we'll hear from her soon. I can't imagine she has *anything* to do that's more important than checking in with us! :rollseyes:

kemp
10-31-2005, 09:43 AM
Oh my gosh you guys! I am so sorry I didn't check in sooner. We were gone most of the day and then had dinner with some friends last night. I never even got on the computer yesterday!

I got home fine (obviously) and thank goodness FG's DH was kind enough to meet us at an exit in Indy so I didn't have to add another hour to my trip. I get so tired driving at night that any time I can cut off is very helpful.

It was so wonderful to finally meet everyone in person. I only wish I would've had more time. It was hard to talk to everyone as much as I would've liked...we were a little spread out in the yarn store but lunch made it a little easier since we had the whole patio to ourselves. Everyone was so sweet and nice and much more beautiful in person. Boy are we a lucky group!

Vendie
10-31-2005, 09:50 AM
Oh yay Kemp - I'm glad you're ok! We got worried there for a bit!
:cheering:

kemp
10-31-2005, 09:52 AM
I feel so bad! I didn't even think of chekcing in. Shame on me :oops:

KellyK
10-31-2005, 09:54 AM
Well, NEXT TIME, Young Lady, you will REMEMBER to do that, WONT YOU?!?! :fingerwag: GROUNDED!!!!!!! :roflhard:

SO glad you are okay, Darlin, and I LOVED having you here!!

suziehomemaker
10-31-2005, 10:07 AM
Those pictures came out nice. I'll be in South Carolina during the week from Christmas Eve to New Year's then it's nothing but packing that next week. Don't plan around me! You never know when I might be having a bad baby day and just feeling pukey the whole time.

I promise that as soon as I get settled in NY I'm going to organize a knitting get together! More people have got to do this since it's so much fun!

:cheering:

DotMom61
10-31-2005, 11:14 AM
http://static.flickr.com/25/58047263_79d0d3506e_o.gif It's about time you got home, young lady! I have been up all night! And then all last night! And all day ... and ...

... OK ... so we're just really glad you got home safely and actually have a life outside of this forum! :roflhard: It was really nice to meet you, Cheryl, and I hope we can all get together again sometime!! I think we all owe you and Wendie a field trip a little closer to home!!

VickiIL
10-31-2005, 11:51 AM
Don't plan around me! You never know when I might be having a bad baby day and just feeling pukey the whole time.

Trust me the pukey doesn't last all 9 months. Around the end of your first trimester you will realize you haven't felt nauseous in a couple days and then a little while longer you will feel very good and have tons of energy! Almost everyone I know felt great in their second trimester. I know I did with all three!

DotMom61
10-31-2005, 12:16 PM
Me, too!! I really *loved* being pregnant after the to-the-bone fatigue and nausea went away. And soon after all that fades, you will begin to notice that you have "butterflies" in your tummy! And before you know it there will be feet and hands and elbows and knees. ;-) Very, very cool!!

suziehomemaker
10-31-2005, 12:22 PM
Blech! Scenes from Alien just flashed before my eyes!

:oops:

I hope I find as cool knitter in NYS as I did here in Illinois. I'll miss our knitting parties and lunches but I promise to come back at least 4 times a year. You guys are the coolest!

kimmie
10-31-2005, 12:54 PM
I'm so glad kemp is safe and sound. I am the world's most paranoid person, so I can now cross that off my list of things to worry about.

suzie - for me the feeling sick part went away too after the first trimester. I always felt like a really fortunate science experiment or something. On a different topic - I loved the socks you were knitting and hope to be reinspired to knit socks after seeing it can be done with worsted weight yarn!

Julie - I meant to thank you for your compliment on my glasses. I was just getting totally sick of them and trying to justify a new pair, but now I'll hold on to these a little while longer. :)

DotMom - I'll be thinking about you and your son and hoping that everything goes very smoothly at the hospital.

KK and DotMom - I am thinking way too much about shawls now. I never felt the need to knit one before til I saw yours and DotMom's. Thanks alot. A new obsession. Just what I need.

Did somebody mention Mosaics in Des Plaines as a possible place to get together?

kimmie

Joel
10-31-2005, 01:42 PM
Sounds like you all had a blast! Glad it was so much fun and that you all seem to have gotten home safe.

Nice to see the pics. :thumbsup:

KellyK
10-31-2005, 06:05 PM
Kimmie...Ive been to Mosaic in DesPlaines....its a FANTASTIC lys....Im just not sure they will offer us a DEAL like Chix With Stix did (and almost accidentally didnt....I SURE hope everyone went back up to the register if they didnt get the right discount the first time!!) I can always ask....I have to go up there as soon as my NIFTY SWIFT comes in!! :cheering:

MaryB
10-31-2005, 08:32 PM
The pictures are great. I'm so glad you had fun--those of you who were well enough to enjoy it! The shop looks like a nice place to visit. I'll put it on my list of must sees!

I really, really, really want to make the next meeting. If we decide where to go and set a date for after Christmas, we could ask for gift certificates for Christmas. Just a thought!

I ended up spending Saturday in Long Grove with my SIL. I actually spent a few moment ( and more than a few $$$) at "I'd Rather be Knitting". My Saturday was not a total loss! :XX: :XX: :XX:

kimmie
10-31-2005, 08:47 PM
ooooohhhhh, so many places to meet...so much yarn to buy...the possibilities are endless...Mosaic in Des Plaines...I'd Rather Be Knitting in Long Grove...Quietly Wild Yarn Shop in Woodstock

OR, for a really special treat how about Wool Warp and Wheel in Richmond
http://www.woolwarpandwheel.com/

:cheering: So many choices!
kimmie

KellyK
10-31-2005, 09:02 PM
Well, we DID say we'd go north for the next one.....Kimmie do you wanna check & see what their policies are for groups?

Andrea
10-31-2005, 09:07 PM
Kimmie,

have you been there before? I have...they are only open at night. The shop seems a little tight for a group, I've seen people sitting outside in groups, but of course, that wouldn't happen in December/January!

Quietly Wild in Woodstock is a nice place...they have a back room that would probably hold a lot of people...

Just my $.02 for the northwest suburbs.... :D

Andrea
10-31-2005, 09:10 PM
http://www.wildyarn.com
for Quietly Wild[/url]

kimmie
10-31-2005, 09:17 PM
No, I haven't been there...just want to. I thought they were open on Saturdays as well, but I'm sure you know a lot more about it than me since you've actually been there. I can call around to places and see if they'd have room & if they'd give a discount, etc.
kimmie

Andrea
10-31-2005, 09:21 PM
I think on Saturdays they are open until 5 or so...that might be the only day they are open early...so that would probably work for everyone. I just don't think they have a lot of room, I'd have to see it again. I know they have a fireplace and it's very comfy in there. And if you like socks, there is A LOT of sock yarns. They also spin there too...

KellyK
10-31-2005, 09:36 PM
OOOOH! I like the look sof that Woodstock place!! CUTE sitting area! LOTS and LOTS of yarn!! :drool:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-01-2005, 05:12 PM
sowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwyyyyyyyyyyyyy KK for posting a pic of your butt. I like your butt! I LOVE your butt! I want to HUG and KISS your.... well, never mind.

and anyway, notice how completley ridiculous I look in ALL of the pics of me!!!!

and oooooo now everyone wants to see my mystery project!!!! :twisted:

Our next knitapalooza doesn't HAVE to be b/t christmas and new years, it was just a suggestion. I forgot that the "Eves" are on saturdays this year, that kind of messes things up. :thinking:

kemp
11-02-2005, 09:41 AM
This is from out of no where (well really out of Saturday), but the booga bag is still free online. She is licensing the pattern to yarn stores and stuff though so they can use it for classes. Just fyi...
http://www.blacksheepbags.com/booga_bag_pattern.html

suziehomemaker
11-02-2005, 09:55 AM
Maybe it's just too early in the morning but I clicked on your link and was unable to find where the actual pattern is on her website. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the heads up by the way. I've been wanting to try a bag for my first felting project.

kemp
11-02-2005, 10:04 AM
Oh that was just the link that shows she is licensing.

Here is the free pattern link: http://www.blacksheepbags.com/booga_bag.html

suziehomemaker
11-02-2005, 10:06 AM
Thanks Kemp! Sorry to be so difficult this early in the morning!

kemp
11-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Yeah, your soooooooooo difficult :rollseyes:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Silly!

Andrea
11-06-2005, 10:41 PM
Just wanted to add something about Quietly Wild...

It's located on Woodstock Square in Woodstock...the square has a LOT of cute shops, including coffee shops, book store, and more. ALSO, this was where Groundhog Day was filmed if anyone's familiar (the citizens still celebrate it every year like Bill Murray is there, sorta weird).

If anyone watches Prison Break on FOX, parts of this Monday's episode was also filmed there...

kimmie
11-07-2005, 08:40 AM
Yes! I second all that Andrea said about Woodstock. It is a great town. I think that watching the movie Groundhog Day should be required for all attendees. :) I will call the store to see what their thoughts/discounts would be if we came. When are we thinking about doing this?
Thanks!
kimmie

KellyK
11-07-2005, 08:49 AM
I dont think Ill be able to go anywhere until after the holidays....anyone up for January 14th?

Vendie
11-07-2005, 09:16 AM
So far, and depending on weather, Jan 14th looks good (I am GOING to come up and I am GOING to NOT drink this time!)

kimmie
11-07-2005, 01:28 PM
I just called Quietly Wild in Woodstock and the woman I talked to was SUPER NICE and excited about the idea of us coming. She said there is plenty of room - a cozy knitting area up front, or if there were too many of us for that, there is a nice room with tables in the back. She said they'd need about a weeks notice. I asked about a discount and she said that if we had "guild cards" we could get a 10% discount. Ummmm, I felt like a dummy because I had no idea what that meant. She said that there are knitting groups that have ID cards - like Stitch n Bitch or Northshore Knitters. Who knew??? Anyway, she said we could just make up our own. I suppose they'd have to look alike. Surely there is someone who could come up with a design. I have a laminator at work that I could use & then I could just bring them & pass them out to everyone or something...

So, that's the update.
:) kimmie

kemp
11-07-2005, 01:45 PM
What about a card with just the KH logo and names? Think that would work?