PDA

View Full Version : Attention all ILLINOIS Knitters!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

kimmie
01-06-2006, 08:27 PM
If only life would work out just the way I want it to! My son is having some health issues again that seem to be heading in a direction we'd rather not go. We'll see what tomorrow brings, but if I can't be there I'll be sending warm, knitterly thoughts to everyone.

kimmie

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-06-2006, 09:04 PM
bumpity bump

what's happening after 2?

Kirochka
01-06-2006, 09:30 PM
People are talking about a crepe restaurant... which sounds lovely... but as for me, I'll be heading back down to Algonquin and making three desserts and two casseroles for the potluck at the singing on Sunday... so y'all better come and eat! ;)

(To be honest, I'll also be cleaning up around the house a bit: Amy is staying with us on Sunday night and I'll die of shame if she sees the place in its current condition...)

Julie
01-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Let me be the first to say....that was a blast! :cheering:

We met new people, leanred new things about the ones we already knew third nipple and had an overall great time, knitting and eating and knitting some more. :D

Thanks everyone, for an awesome day!

Lana
01-07-2006, 08:10 PM
This was a wonderful day for me, and DH got a new pair of boots on the way home. So a good day for him too.

It's nice to get to meet cyber friends. Sorry I missed Hilde, if she got there after I left. But we are close enough that I'm sure we'll still get to meet. Maybe at the yarn store in De Kalb.

Of course my short term memory lasted from the door to Quietly Wild to across the street to the car. I'm going to need help with names. Some of the pictures aren't very good. Photography isn't "my thing".

Angelia
01-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Yeah, someone, identify these folks! (I recognize Amy and Kelly...)

Edit: and Karen, I think! In the camel cardigan, right?

Julie
01-07-2006, 08:44 PM
All righty...

1. Kelly (of course) :D
2. Karen
3. Julie & Julie (DotMom) (on the couch of atleast 25% Swedish Julies) ;)
4. Julie (DM) & Holly
5. Wendy (FG) & her mom
6. MaryS
7. & 8. the lovely Amy

Lana
01-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Thanks Julie! It all comes back to me now,
about as crystal clear as the picture of a Julie and Holly.

Ingrid
01-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Thank you for sharing your pictures. And thank you for the intros, Julie!

earthchick
01-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Waah! I'm jealous! What a fun group!

Glad y'all were able to meet up! :cheering:

Sara
01-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the pics, Julie! It's great to see everybody, but hey check out those entrelac totes and that wallhanging next to Amy! Oooooooh, ahhhh!

KellyK
01-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Dont we just have the BEST group???? I LOVE YOU ALL!

We had ELEVEN knitters with us today!! 10 at the LYS and then Hildie joined us for lunch. WOW!

I am just SO amazed that folks drive for MILES to hang out! We had FIVE states represented!! Illiinois, Michigan, Indiana, Iowa and Massachusetts! :shock:

An ABSOLUTE BLAST, as always....there will be pics later. INCRIMINATING pics.....and VIDEOS!! :oops:

Julie
01-07-2006, 10:31 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Yeah, we'll have to wait for Amy to get home to upload the incriminating video.

mintdee
01-07-2006, 10:40 PM
I am soooo jealous! I can not wait to see the pics. :D Although the incriminating part is a bit worrisome knowing you ladies. :roflhard:

punkhippiemom
01-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Looks like y'all had a great time amid all that yarn :cheering:

kimmie
01-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Everyone looks so adorable. FiberGirl, your mom is too cute!! I so wish I could have been there today. It was a great location for me. The good news is that even though I spent the day with my son at various medical facilities, he is doing really well now. I could have gone after all, but I didn't know it was going to turn out okay and he's mighty important.

So, I need to know...were there any great yarns there that I shouldn't miss?? Did anybody buy any goodies?? What did you think of the store? Most importantly, when and where is the next get-together??

kimmie

Julie
01-07-2006, 11:37 PM
We missed you Kimmie!!!

It was such a nice little shop, very friendly, and she gave us all tote bags with our purchases. :D Not a ton of unusual yarns, but a good selection -- LOTS of 220, Encore, and Lopi...a good book selection...I bought some Cashmerino (yum!)

Jeep_Girl
01-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Looks like you all had great time!!! :happydance:

Andrea
01-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Sooooooo wished I could have been there!! It's so weird to see you all in the shop I go to the most!!! Esp. The Knitting Queen Amy!! I'm so glad you all had fun! Please post more pics as they are available!!!!

KellyK
01-07-2006, 11:55 PM
There was ONE yarn that really stood out to me....it was a hand-dyed wool/hemp blend up by the register...I didnt buy any because I dont know what Id do with it, but it was VERY pretty!

Kirochka
01-08-2006, 10:01 AM
It was so much fun to meet y'all! I was sorry to miss the restaurant, but I hear from Amy and Kelly that you had a great time.

Karen in photo: "You call this a what? A knitting needle?...OK, but wait until I take this huge snag out of my ball of yarn..." :D

Back to finish cooking and getting ready for the singing - hope to see some of you there!

Karen

MaryB
01-08-2006, 10:16 AM
Love the pictures. You really look like you had a great day.

I'm sorry that a migraine kept me home and crabby yesterday. I think missing the chance to met all of you was more painful than the migraine. (OK, maybe the migraine was worse, but I was sad to miss the BIG day.)

amy
01-08-2006, 11:05 AM
YAAAAAAAAYYYYYY, we had SUCH a wonderful time, I SOOOOO enjoyed myself. Everyone was just as friendly and silly and all around awesome as they are in this forum. :heart:

I had a great time at KellyK's, she's of course a phenomenally warm and thoughtful person and hostess. Hi Kelly! :waving: Got to meet Al (he's got the easiest laugh of anyone you'll ever meet, WHAT a nice man!), and the three doggies (Howieeeeeeeee :inlove:). KellyK's got an amazing old house with wood trim galore and handpainted flowers on all of the ceilings, it's such a cool place. I also learned that there is such a thing as an "alley" which is not the same thing as "the street" one lives on. ("Wow, what an interesting block you live on" Amy says as she peers down to see one garage after another in the alley. :roflhard:) A front street AND a back alley leading to the same house? We don't have that on the east coast! :lol:

Woodstock was an beautiful little town, and I didn't realize we were in the same town as in the movie Groundhogs Day (one of my top 5 favorite movies ever) until I stepped into the town square and it was pointed out to me. SOOO COOOL!

The yarn shop was a definite thumbs up, it had a great selection of practical, affordable yarns, my kind of yarns, and a yummy little selection of novelty yarns. Not a big store, but stuff was well chosen. And they have a very cozy sitting area by the window, as you saw.

Lunch was fantastic. and yes, I do have an incriminating video to share when I get back tomorrow! :eyebrow:

I'm at Karen's house now, we're off to go singing!
:heart: Amy

Julie
01-08-2006, 11:42 AM
I have to add that this was waiting for me when I got home... :roflhard:

Jan in CA
01-08-2006, 11:45 AM
Julie! That is a keeper for sure! :inlove:

KellyK
01-08-2006, 11:48 AM
AWWWW, Amy, thanks for that!! :heart:

And, JUL! That is SWEET!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
(Al thinks it looks like you are performing surgery. :rollseyes: )

Here's a pic of Howie (in his new sweater) with his new girlfriend Amy!!

Julie
01-08-2006, 11:49 AM
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

surgery... :roflhard:

Ingrid
01-08-2006, 12:07 PM
That picture is precious, Julie!

Howie is quite the ladies' man, Kelly. :heart:

Mer
01-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Glad you all had fun! :D

DotMom61
01-08-2006, 12:28 PM
What a fantastic time we had!! I wish I had time to write more, but we're heading out to church in a few minutes. I have to say, though, that I came home and told DH that this was *definitely* the best gathering we've had so far -- they just keep getting better!

I can't wait to see more pics ... wait 'til you see how bioluminescent Kelly and Hilde are. :roflhard:

KellyK
01-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Are you going to turn our outing into a science lesson for the young'uns, Jul?? :roflhard:

gardenmommy
01-08-2006, 02:28 PM
That looks like a blast! Who was the Iowa attendee? I just mapquested Woodstock from my place (SE Iowa) and it would be about 4 hours 15 minutes.

Any plans for a future get together?

Angelia
01-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Oh, that pic of Howie and Amy is priceless--Amy, you should put that on the KH homepage! ;)

Julie
01-08-2006, 03:10 PM
The Iowa attendee was FG's mom -- she went to Indianapolis and she & FG drove to IL together. (I think!) :D

Andrea
01-08-2006, 03:14 PM
I :heart: the picture of Amy and Howie!!!!!!!!!!

DotMom61
01-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Are you going to turn our outing into a science lesson for the young'uns, Jul?? :roflhard:

Actually, I think it would probably be more of an anatomy lesson, wouldn't it? :rollseyes:

They were asking me this morning when we were going to have an outing that *they* could come to. :lol:

Julie
01-08-2006, 03:50 PM
And did you tell them, oh, about the time they turn 18? :roflhard:

VickiIL
01-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Once again I am so sorry I missed. Madison got sick after we picked up the wheel so there wasn't any way we could make it to Woodstock even for lunch. It looks like you had such a good time! I am so sorry I missed Amy. I hope you can make it to future IL outings. Aren't we a fun group!

So when is the next one? We should try for March.

DotMom61
01-08-2006, 03:52 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

(Hey ... DS thinks he'd like to hang out with *you*, btw ... because you and he are both "techno-geeks" ... :lol:)

DotMom61
01-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Once again I am so sorry I missed. Madison got sick after we picked up the wheel so there wasn't any way we could make it to Woodstock even for lunch. It looks like you had such a good time! I am so sorry I missed Amy. I hope you can make it to future IL outings. Aren't we a fun group!

So when is the next one? We should try for March.

Vicki -- I'm so glad to hear that you weren't trying to call. The restaurant we ate at was sort of in the cellar, and I wasn't getting any sort of signal on my phone. So, although, I'm sorry your DD got sick, I'm really glad you weren't trying to get ahold of us. I hope Miss M is feeling better today!!!

How do you like your wheel?

Vendie
01-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Hey all, we just got back. Had a really tough time getting moving this morning (at least I did), so we ended up just coming straight home. Anyway, Mom and I had a blast with everyone. It was such a great time!! We'll get around to downloading our pics sometime tonight. We still have to get our stuff out of the car :rollseyes: But just wanted to check in and let you know we made it back safe and sound!

Vendie
01-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Ok here are some of our pictures:

...more to come later :D

I'm so glad we were able to see almost everyone!! Gardenmommy, my Mom is from the Cedar Rapids area and came out to Indianapolis and we drove up together.

Angelia
01-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Lovely pics! 'specially the boob light! :roflhard: :roflhard:

And it's so sweet that you didn't even unpack the car before running in to talk to us! :heart:

KellyK
01-08-2006, 08:51 PM
The light was quite floppy on the microfiber-type shirt I was wearing....I had to clip it to a combo of shirt and undergarment. :oops:
That wouldnt have happened if they had not dimmed the lights! they were trying to get us to stop knitting!! :mad:

Angelia
01-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Were they really? :shock: What, you were taking too long and costing them money?

DotMom61
01-08-2006, 09:41 PM
No ... we were waiting for them to come and offer us DESSERT! :cheering:

Holly
01-08-2006, 10:00 PM
I had soooo much fun meeting all of you! It was a GREAT day :D Here are my pics ...

Vendie
01-09-2006, 07:21 AM
yeah they dimmed the lights long before we got out of control :roflhard:

Kirochka
01-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know I got Amy safely off to Midway this afternoon - and once more I want to say how nice it was to meet you all and spend some time with you. I hope someday I am as good at knitting as you guys! :heart:

Karen

DotMom61
01-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Thanks, Karen!

It was really nice to meet you, too! I hope you can join us again soon!

And just keep plugging away, and I'm sure you'll be a pro before you know it!! How was the sing?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-09-2006, 11:47 PM
Yay!!! I'm glad I got to meet everyone for lunch! (I *didn't* get to meet Lana :-( but we're going to meet soon since we're so close! :cheering:)

Angelia
01-09-2006, 11:52 PM
:cheering: :cheering:

So, when is the next meeting? I really want to make a road trip!

Kirochka
01-10-2006, 10:09 AM
I was sorry not to meet you, Hildie! :(

DotMom, the singing was fun, but tiring! Sitting and singing doesn't sound like a workout, but doing it all day at the top of your lungs... it really feels like you've worked! :D

Angelia (pronounced "Angela," pronounced "Angela"!!!), here's something to put in the back of your mind... there's going to be a full-day singing school at Liberty Baptist Church in Henagar (on Sand Mountain) on Saturday 28 January, followed by an all-day singing the next day - Amy is thinking of possibly going to it if she can, and DH and I are definitely going. Singing schools are free events where they teach how to sing Sacred Harp, and Liberty is the site of the recording of the SH songs that were used on the soundtrack of the film Cold Mountain - SH singing doesn't get any better than at Liberty. Just something to consider... :D (Finishes post, takes off Sacred Harp Proselytzer Hat...)

Holly
01-10-2006, 10:38 AM
:D Hello everyone! I had such a great time meeting all of you -- what a great day :D My pics are very much like Lana's, but I'll post anyway! I'm looking forward to the next get-together!!

Angelia
01-10-2006, 10:40 AM

You mean THIS Jan. 28th? That's a Saturday...definitely doable! :thumbsup: And Henagar is about an hour from here as the crow flies...not sure about how the crow DRIVES...but it would be worth the drive to meet you! And possibly Amy! Oooh, how exciting! :inlove:

Holly
01-10-2006, 10:45 AM
:waving: Hello all! I had such a great time meeting all of you on Sat -- what a great day :D. My pics look very much like Lana's, but I will post anyway -- however, I am having a prob attaching them to this message
:( . How can you attach more than one pic in a post? In the meantime, I will post a pic of the wristwarmers I made on Sunday using DPNS -- first full DPN project! Thanks for the encouragement and the yarn selection help Mary!! I :heart: working with the DPNS :D.

Angelia
01-10-2006, 10:50 AM
The wristwarmers look gorgeous! Nice work--particularly for your first dpn project! :cheering:

To post more than one pic, just keep adding attachments. One will appear below the Filename/File Comment boxes, so you can then put another pic in filename, add it, and repeat as necessary.

Lana
01-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Hi Holly!
Each time you attach a picture, a new browse bar magically appears so you can add another.

:thumbsup: Nice mittens, but how do they keep your fingers warm :?? ?

Angelia
01-10-2006, 10:56 AM
By keeping the pulse points on the wrists warm...it's like magic, I swear!

Holly
01-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Actually, the wristwarmers were for our receptionist. Our lobby is freezing, and every time she opens the window to the lobby a blast of cold air hits her. She wears the wristwarmers while she works :D . They were a hit in the office, and now I'm working on a second pair for another co-worker :XX:

Here I try the picture posting again...

DUH :oops: -- I was only using browse and then posting my message before -- I was never actually hitting "attachment!"

MaryB
01-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Holly, thanks for posting the pictures. You all look so industrious! It looks like a good time was had by all. I'm sorry I missed the knit-in. Maybe next time!

Great job on the wrist warmers!

Angelia
01-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the pics, Holly! It looks like all of you were having so much fun--

:XX: :XX: :XX: and gab gab gab.

Heaven! :inlove: :inlove:

Andrea
01-10-2006, 11:55 AM
I can't wait for the next one!! I NEED to attend!! Any thoughts on dates??

MaryS
01-10-2006, 12:48 PM
Holly,

The wristwarmers look GREAT!! :cheering: :cheering:

It was so nice to meet you, and for you to contact Quielty Wild for us!!

I rented and watched "Groundhog Day" last night, and it was like being back in Woodstock!

Mary

DotMom61
01-10-2006, 01:08 PM
Great pics, and I'm *definitely* going on a diet. :oops:

Anyway, I was thinking about our next gathering and how we had thought about having it at Wool & Co. in Geneva. I would be happy to talk w/ them about that. Do you want to do it as soon as February??

Also, as a possible alternative, I found a place about 5 mins from here called The Fine Line Creative Arts Center (http://finelineca.org/). I don't know much about it, but I do believe they do yarn spinning and dyeing there. I have been wanting to go there and visit, and now that I accidentally found it on Sunday, I'm going to stop over there. (Click on the The Fine Line Shop link @ the bottom to see their store.)

So ... if we want to start planning ... as a matter of fact ... March might be better than February, huh ... I can look into both of these places as options? Do you have a preference for one over the other from what you know so far? (Oh, and Holly, you won't have to brave the Chicago traffic, either! :thumbsup: )

Vendie
01-10-2006, 01:13 PM
OR you could all come down to the Indianapolis area in April for the Fleece Fair! It's a Friday and Saturday unfortunately, but I've only been to the Saturday sessions anyway. I know not everyone would be able to do this with kids and what not, but just wanted to offer the suggestion.

brendajos
01-10-2006, 01:14 PM
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii wanna come play tooooooo!

Lana
01-10-2006, 02:25 PM
Hildie and I are meeting this Friday at The Yarn Exchange in De Kalb.
That's a nice little town.

I've never been to Wool & Co, and Geneva is closer to me than Woodstock.

MaryS, Groundhog Day is one of our favorite movies. One in our very small collection.
Did you try out the Bakery on the Square?

I don't think I could convince DH to drive to Indy unless the Speedway was included in the trip. :roflhard:

Andrea
01-10-2006, 02:40 PM
February at Wool and Co. sounds FUN! I've been wanting to go there! My only problem is that I start midnight shift tomorrow night ( :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: ), so I will be tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiired if it's not my day off. I am off the weekend of the 10th, 11th, and 12th, and the following weekend of the 18th, 19th (my b-day :cheering: ) and 20th. Just throwing out some dates....

:D

PS I'm not giving these dates out to make it sound like I think it's all about me!!! I'm just suggesting... :D

Angelia
01-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Oh, but it is all about you, isn't it, Andrea? :rofling: :rofling: :rofling:
(I wuvs you! :heart: )

I could make the drive to Indy; that's not too far from here...well, not like Chicago, anyway. And something called the Fleece Fair just sounds too good to miss!!! :happydance:

KellyK
01-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Im ALL FOR a road trip in April!! And, we kinda OWE it to Vendy after she's come up here all these times!

brendajos
01-10-2006, 04:17 PM
i checked...that's an 8 hour drive...i can do 8 hours! :D

Angelia
01-10-2006, 05:07 PM
:happydance: 6.5 for me!!! :happydance:

Andrea
01-10-2006, 07:02 PM
From my house to Indy it's only about 4 1/2 hours. My DH would roll his eyes, but considering it's all about yarn I don't think he'd object. I'm on vacation from March 25-April 1, but again, it's not all about me... :rofling:

Quick edit: I checked my schedule...my 3 day weekend in April is the 8th, 9th, and 10th. When is the Fleece Fair??

Andrea
01-10-2006, 07:05 PM
Oh PS,

I went to Quietly Wild today (I NEEDED Addis...got my first pair!!!). She said you guys were so nice. I wish I could have been there!!!

Vendie
01-10-2006, 07:12 PM
From my house to Indy it's only about 4 1/2 hours. My DH would roll his eyes, but considering it's all about yarn I don't think he'd object. I'm on vacation from March 25-April 1, but again, it's not all about me... :rofling:

Quick edit: I checked my schedule...my 3 day weekend in April is the 8th, 9th, and 10th. When is the Fleece Fair??

Well how hunky dory - the Fleece Fair is on Friday the 7th and Saturday the 8th! I don't know why they do Friday and Saturday, but I only went Saturday last year and it was awesome!!! The Fair is in Greencastle, IN, which is about an hour west of Indy - right off I70. I can host a person or two at my house - I have a spare bedroom and a super comfy couch. And of course there are tons of motels in the area.

For some reason they have not updated their website for this year's Fair, but my latest newsletter from Sheep Street had it listed and it was in the latest issue of Spin Off as well: http://www.fleecefair.com/. You can at least get an idea of what goes on at a Fair. Last year we just shopped, as we didn't find out about it early enough to sign up for classes. But there are lots of adorable little animals, tons of yarns and rovings, and carnival food!! How could it be any better?

DotMom61
01-10-2006, 07:33 PM
First: I think the February gathering is out for at least me. Could we move the Wool & Co (or The Fine Line) gathering to March?

Second: I'll have to skip the Indy trip. That weekend is the weekend of my DD's 8th birthday!! I don't think a yarn trip would be her idea of a great birthday party. ;-) I'm sure you all will have a WONDERFUL time, though!!! :happydance:

Angelia
01-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Let's see....my last class on Friday lets out at 11:15...I could be in Indy by 7:00...earlier if I don't stop for lunch (as if)... :happydance:

Andrea
01-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Wow!! I can't believe it's the same weekend I'm off!!! :D I just told the DH about it, he said he'd probably come too...not to the actual Fair though. Isn't Greencastle where DePauw is??

brendajos
01-10-2006, 08:38 PM
okay somehow it is an hour west and yet it takes about an hour longer for me to get there? hrmmm....anyway...i can still do 9 hours.

tellllllll us all about what you saw last year!! :pray:

Vendie
01-10-2006, 08:48 PM
well, gather around my little knitting darlings...

I saw lots of angora bunnies - almost came home with one. Yarn everywhere - and get this - most of the vendors accept credit cards! Even out in the barns! There were 3 major areas that we went to at the Fair that all had yarns, rovings, drop spindles, demonstrations, etc. There was a sheep shearing demo! They had some finished items as well. Oh, I think there was a booth devoted to needle felting...One booth had buffalo fibres and roving...oh, gosh, there was just so much! I think there was a demo or competition for border collies to show off their herding abilities. It was a lot of fun!

And yes, DePauw is in Greencastle.

I don't know how many days anyone would want to spend, but there are at least 2 awesome yarn stores in the Indy area, of which I speak fondly frequently! Mass Ave Knit Shop is downtown and Sheep Street is down in Morgantown, a bit further south than where I live. And Nashville is a lovely little town to visit as well. Bloomington is nearby too.

brendajos
01-10-2006, 08:58 PM
bunnnnnnnnnnnieeeeeeeeeees........i love touching bunny fur.

brendajos
01-10-2006, 09:01 PM
umm....i am already planning how much money i would need in my head....that's bad right?

dustinac
01-10-2006, 09:07 PM
If I come will ya'll help with the kiddies :rofling: oh wish I could go I'll have to sit and wait for photos and stories again... someone take a photo of Brendajos for me pleaseeeeeeeeeee :notworthy: :roflhard:

brendajos
01-10-2006, 09:10 PM
nooooooooo pictures! umm...i will help with Isaiah but i have no interest in having my ears near Roo when she gets mad! :shock:

:rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

dustinac
01-10-2006, 09:16 PM
yeahhh noone wants that :shock:

from the mommy who hears ringing constantly from her lil' angel who lets it all out when she gets mad :blush: she really is good not spoiled but just has a very free spirit about her yeah thats it.. indenpent streak.. yeahhh... that mommy hopes she keeps part of so no man will do her wrong but at the same time worries about the phone calls when her daughter starts school :rofling: no she isn't that bad :shifty:

I'll pay good for the pictures :shifty:

Andrea
01-11-2006, 11:51 AM
I don't know how many days anyone would want to spend, but there are at least 2 awesome yarn stores in the Indy area, of which I speak fondly frequently! Mass Ave Knit Shop is downtown and Sheep Street is down in Morgantown, a bit further south than where I live. And Nashville is a lovely little town to visit as well. Bloomington is nearby too.

That sounds sooooooooooooooooo fun!!! :cheering:

DotMom61
01-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Hmmm ... that *does* sound like fun. I wonder if I could turn it into a field trip. :??

:cheering:

brendajos
01-11-2006, 12:37 PM
of course you could! anyplace that has BUNNIES can be used as a field trip!!!

Vendie
01-11-2006, 01:13 PM
Julie - Indy has a wonderful Children's Museum and there's also the Indiana State Museum, the Eiteljorg, and the zoo all relatively close to each other. It would definitely round out a field trip nicely.

But I'm not trying to twist your arm or anything :roflhard:

I'm just tickled to death that anyone's even considering this!

brendajos
01-11-2006, 01:26 PM
i was actually looking at hotels last night. the ones in that town that were listed on Yahoo Maps didn't look terribly appealing and i couldn't figure out which town was the next closest......but i was also half asleep!

lotsa BnBs in the area it seemed though.

VickiIL
01-11-2006, 02:45 PM
Hmmm ... that *does* sound like fun. I wonder if I could turn it into a field trip. :??

:cheering:

Of course you can! That was exactly what I was thinking as I was reading this. Go to a fleece fair and count it as school!!!!!!!

Vendie
01-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Brenda - let me do some digging for you. I have an employee who lives in Greencastle who could probably give me some information. I'm surprised there's not more in Greencastle, given the university. But I will check and see what other towns are nearby. If it's actually closer for you to go to Indy, there are some suburbs on the west side, such as Plainfield, that are probably ok.

brendajos
01-11-2006, 03:19 PM
i think Plainfield was one of the towns that had lots of choices. It isn't to say that there weren't more options in Greencastle...they just weren't showing up on Yahoo Maps. :rollseyes:

MFG
01-12-2006, 02:02 PM
:XX: Hello everyone! I just want to say how much I enjoyed the knittingpalooza at Chix with Stix and Quietly Wild. It was a treat to meet all of you and I had a wonderful time.

Let the incriminating pictures of Fiber Girl begin!!!!

:lol: Barb

Angelia
01-12-2006, 02:05 PM
You know, I've noticed that Vendy isn't in any of the pics save for one in which she's making a face, and another that's a bit dark so her face is obscured.

I find this VERY suspicious... :thinking:

Julie
01-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Welcome to the forums Barb! :waving:

Vendie
01-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Oh yeah, nice avatar MOM! :rollseyes:

:roflhard:

yay I'm glad you finally joined!

Sara
01-12-2006, 02:27 PM
DH grew up in Marion. Have you lived there long, Barb?

And you and FG look more like sisters than mom and daughter!

amy
01-12-2006, 02:40 PM
Welcome Barb! Oh, is that cute little baby in your avatar Miss Wendy? awwwwww......

Okay, sorry they are late, but here are some pics. I'll try to put up the videos tonight!

At Chicks with Sticks on Friday night...

Group shot, MaryS, me, Fibergirl, and Barb (FG's mom)
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/forum-posts/illinois-jan06/marys-amy-fg-fgm.jpg

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/forum-posts/illinois-jan06/marys-fg-fgm.jpg

KellyK displaying her partially-knit sweater:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/forum-posts/illinois-jan06/kelly.jpg

At dinner Friday night, KellyK took us out to "real Chicago Pizza", a "stuffed pizza" in this case, which is basically a huge mozerella stick:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/forum-posts/illinois-jan06/fg.jpg

Damn, that pizza is cheezy....
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/forum-posts/illinois-jan06/fgm.jpg

Yummm.....
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/forum-posts/illinois-jan06/marys.jpg

Saturday in Woostock, group shot of the big gathering:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/forum-posts/illinois-jan06/group1.jpg

Close-up on this shot:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/forum-posts/illinois-jan06/group2.jpg

Karen showing off her first knitting project, the world's longest scarf! Go Karen Go! :thumbsup:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/forum-posts/illinois-jan06/karen.jpg

Check back tonight, I'll be putting up the videos!! of us hanging out!
:happydance:

MFG
01-12-2006, 02:53 PM
The avatar is Miss Vendy as a newborn; look closely and you can see that she is already expressing her opinion about the world! Sorry FG...but I will be kind about any future pix--unless the price is right. :thinking:

DH and I have lived in Marion for about 3 years. We moved here from Ft. Wayne, IN in 2003. Before that we were in Buffalo, NY; before that we were in Clearwater, FL; and before that, we were on Okinawa Japan courtesy of the USAF (where FG was born, by the way). We really love Iowa and hope this will be the last move for a long time.

I am a newbie knitter, but am really becoming obsessed! Unfortunately, I have to return to classes next week and am wondering how this semester is going to cut into my knitting time. :crying:

Amy--thanks for the pictures! Can't wait to see the video!

Kirochka
01-12-2006, 02:58 PM
Barb, after meeting both you and Vendy, I have to say I find it hard to believe you're her mother... you look like sisters, truly!!!

MFG
01-12-2006, 03:09 PM
:sunny: Wow--what nice people you be! I hope this age thing continues at least until Vendy commits me to the Our Lady of the Unusual Nursing Home. (She's had my room picked out for years--it's a constant threat.)

KellyK
01-12-2006, 03:13 PM
And you and FG look more like sisters than mom and daughter!

Isnt THAT The truth?? Look at their SMILES! SO happy and EXACTLY the same!

WELCOME BARRRRRB!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

(We might want to point out that MFG means Mom of FG!)

Kirochka
01-12-2006, 03:16 PM
And I hadn't even seen that Sara had written that too!!! :D

Sara
01-12-2006, 03:30 PM
After a closer look at the avatar I realize that FG's mom fits in here perfectly! :rollseyes:

DotMom61
01-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Barb! So glad you've come to join us!!! And I would have to agree that Vendy is pretty much a carbon copy of you. You guys are too cute.

And, Amy, I can't wait to see the rest of the pics and the incriminating videos. :roflhard:

Oh, and Holly, I think I met someone the other day who knows you. It's a guy who works in Woodstock and founded the Disabled Americans organization (although I don't think I have that name right).

Angelia
01-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Hi FGM! :waving:

It never even occured to me that you were being tricky there! :rofling:

And the two of you DO look like sisters! Wow!

Julie
01-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Damn, that pizza is cheezy....
:roflhard:

Andrea
01-12-2006, 08:35 PM
I'm so sad I missed that day! It looks like you guys had a lot of FUN! When did you go to Chix With Stix?? Sunday??

:waving: Hi MFG!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-12-2006, 08:58 PM
hi barb!

kk you're not making a wierd face in the group one of you all in the yarn store :cheering:

KellyK
01-12-2006, 11:42 PM
We met at Chix on Friday night when Amy came in....

Yes, hild....Ive finally given up on my dream of being a model...or at least the one of being a professional model-face maker! :verysad:

amy
01-13-2006, 12:34 PM
Here are 3 VIDEOS!!!
I finally got them uploaded, it took three tries. Sorry they're big (35 MB each), although fast to watch.

I'm afraid this camera shuts off recording whenever it feels like it, which happened to be before I could get into the shots, so I'm not in this time! But luckily everyone else got in; Hildie just barely....

Video #1 (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/forum-posts/illinois-jan06/hellos-from-woodstock.avi) folks saying hi from Quietly Wild
Video #2 (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/forum-posts/illinois-jan06/whos-who.avi) introducing themselves
Video #3 (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/forum-posts/illinois-jan06/at-dinner.avi) we can't even go to lunch without boobs entering the topic. :roflhard:

MaryB
01-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks, Amy! I kinda, sorta feel like I was there. :thumbsup:

DotMom61
01-13-2006, 01:20 PM
Oh, we're so funny.

Or at least *we* think so. ;-)

(Thanks, Amy, for immortalizing our gathering. That was sooooo fun!!!)

Ingrid
01-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Bioboobinescence! :roflhard: Thanks for sharing those! :D

Angelia
01-14-2006, 08:34 AM
Thanks, Amy! Those are great! :thumbsup:

And hooray for boobinescence! :happydance: :happydance:

wildforyarn
01-14-2006, 11:35 AM
Wow, it looks like you guys had a super time! I am so sad that I had to miss it yet again! So, are we talking March now for another gathering! Depending on the date, I am penciling it in and making sure I am not working. It depends on the date we pick though because my dad is having major back surgery and I need to be around for that.

So, girls, what are we thinking for the next gathering???

KellyK
01-14-2006, 02:42 PM
OMG I didnt realize I was to be THE feature in video #3!! :oops: :roflhard:

VickiIL
01-14-2006, 04:41 PM
I am so glad you guys had such a great time (as if I could doubt it)

I WILL make the next one.

Mer
01-14-2006, 09:01 PM
How fun! Thanks for sharing the pics and videos, guys.

Ellen Edwards
01-15-2006, 04:04 AM
Gosh---I'd really LOVE to be at one of those...but Virginia's a far piece from Illinois!! :(

Andrea
01-15-2006, 11:36 PM
Let's do a date in March!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Andrea
02-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Hey ladies, should we pick a date for March?? It's coming soon!

DotMom61
02-14-2006, 12:03 AM
Dang! It looks like the only Saturday I have available in March is the 4th, and I'm not even certain about that. Our calendar has been filling up like crazy lately. Ugh.

KellyK
02-14-2006, 12:56 AM
March 4 is open for me!

MaryB
02-14-2006, 01:09 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Where should we go? :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

KellyK
02-14-2006, 02:05 AM
Well, we've already gone south to Naperville, North to Woodstock and West/Central-ish to me..... :thinking:

VickiIL
02-14-2006, 09:59 AM
I can't do the 4th. The first Saturday of the month is ALWAYS out for me. (Unless we meet in Naperville. I have church responsibilities on the first Saturday and we meet in Naperville....I am done by noon.) I think any of the other days would be good right now.

kimmie
02-14-2006, 10:05 AM
Maybe April would work better for more people? Kelly, was it you who mentioned Mosaics or something like that? I've never been there, but somebody was raving about it. I'm up to my eyeballs in weekend classes and working occassional weekends too, so I'll bow out of any decision making on this and just cross my fingers that I can come in spite of my crazy life!

kimmie

Lana
02-14-2006, 10:06 AM
Quietly Wild in Woodstock closes the end of February! :crying:

I went Saturday to be sure to get what I wanted.
I understand there will be ?? % off at the end of the month.

Andrea
02-14-2006, 10:08 AM
I can't do March 4th either... :(

Holly
02-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Lana -- Is Quietly Wild going out of business??

Kirochka
02-14-2006, 11:37 AM
They are, sadly, according to their website http://www.wildyarn.com./

Angelia
02-14-2006, 11:39 AM
It's a shame one of you (or the lot of you!) can't buy it and keep it going!

Kirochka
02-14-2006, 11:40 AM
I'm going to wait and see what everyone else decides about when/where to get together... whether or not I can make it depends on whether or not DH is working that day (and therefore needs the car) and whether or not I'll be in town (if it's not a singing weekend!)...

mintdee
02-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Would anyone object to having a baby along? I think that if you all meetup in April and I bring Sophia I may be able to talk DH into letting me meet up with you all. :thinking: But I want to make sure that everyone would be okay with that first before I start kissing up to my dh ;)

DotMom61
02-14-2006, 12:38 PM
Let's see ... in April, I have the 15th. I can't beLIEVE how busy our Spring calendar is. :doh:

KellyK
02-14-2006, 02:39 PM
In April, at least SOME of us have to go to Indy to see FG and go to that Fleece Fair (or whatever its called.) I think that's the first weekend?

Vendie
02-14-2006, 05:35 PM
In April, at least SOME of us have to go to Indy to see FG and go to that Fleece Fair (or whatever its called.) I think that's the first weekend?

Um yeah, some of you do :rofling: It's the 7th and 8th of April. They've finally updated their website (http://www.fleecefair.com/).

VickiIL
02-14-2006, 07:18 PM

Um yeah, some of you do :rofling: It's the 7th and 8th of April. They've finally updated their website (http://www.fleecefair.com/).

OHHHHH Major Bummer!!!!! I SOOO would love to go to that but it is that whole first weekend thing. (Hmmm...I am not teaching that month, I wonder if I can wiggle my way out of it.........)

Andrea
02-14-2006, 08:07 PM
When I told my Dh about the Fleece Fair the first time around I got a :rollseyes: , but I think he'd like it...we'll see. We're going to Disney from March 26(?) until April 2(?)...we're driving!!! So I'm knitting for 20+ hours!! :cheering: each way :cheering: :cheering:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-14-2006, 09:04 PM
oh yeah, FG, I'm coming with KK to visit YOU! :-)

March is looking good for me, EXCEPT for the first weekend.

DotMom61
02-15-2006, 01:31 AM
March:
1st weekend (3/4) -- calendar is empty, but we're so busy this month, that I think I'll need to be spending that w/ my fambly.
2nd weekend (3/11) -- a slight possibility -- kids have something in the morning, but DH could drop them off & pick them up, oh and we have a dinner/dance that evening
3rd weekend (3/18 ) -- DH & DS gone on campout; DD would have to come with me
4th weekend (3/25) -- we have a fundraising dinner to attend; probably wouldn't want to be gone all day before that
April:
1st weekend in (4/1) -- DD's 8th birthday party
2nd weekend (4/8 ) -- I'll be in Texas with DH
3rd weekend -- available
4th weekend -- DH & DS will be gone; DD would need to join us
5th weekend -- DD takes 1st communion

There ... isn't my social calendar just FASCINATING?! :rollseyes:

And I don't really expect you guys to plan any get-together around my calendar, but if there are common dates there, that would be GREAT!!

Has anyone offered to organize this one???

Julie
02-15-2006, 02:15 AM
The 3rd weekend in April = Easter :roflhard:

DotMom61
02-15-2006, 02:18 AM
The 3rd weekend in April = Easter :roflhard:

:doh:

KellyK
02-15-2006, 08:47 AM
I can't do the 11th....Board meeting. :(

Vendie
02-15-2006, 09:19 AM

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

And we HAVE to make a stop at Mass Ave Knit Shop (and Sheep Street if we have time) while you're out here! Yarn overload!

Andrea
02-15-2006, 02:06 PM

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

And we HAVE to make a stop at Mass Ave Knit Shop (and Sheep Street if we have time) while you're out here! Yarn overload!

And I may make it too!! but my DH wants to go too! Is that going to be a problem?

Vendie
02-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Of course not! There's lots to do if he doesn't want to hang out with us. But lots of guys go to the Fleece Fair too :D

KellyK
02-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Looks like Tom (Allegra's Dad) and I are going to be hitting the BIG sale at Chix With Stix (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9413) on Sunday...they are open from 12-4. Anyone interested in an impromptu knit-together???

kimmie
02-17-2006, 02:02 PM
I wish I could!! I'll have to live vicariously through you!

kimmie

VickiIL
02-17-2006, 02:24 PM
Hmm....maybe. I will have to check with Brad. After the week I have had I sure could use some yarn therapy!

Julie
02-17-2006, 02:26 PM
I wiiiish! Sunday is my MILs birthday so we'll be there all afternoon.

LeslieA
02-20-2006, 12:08 PM
I ladies! I'm new here and I'm from Illinois too! I live in Carpentersville just north of Elgin. Great to meet you all..

Andrea
02-20-2006, 12:22 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Another Illinois knitter!!!! That is very close to me, Leslie!

DotMom61
02-20-2006, 12:27 PM
Yay Leslie!!! Glad you're here!!

I'm thinking we need to have an "impromptu" gathering of us Western Suburban folks -- Andrea, Karen, Leslie, Me, Holly, Lana ... did I miss anyone???

Wanna have lunch? :figureditout:

MaryB
02-20-2006, 12:32 PM
Hey, hey, hey! What are the boundaries for this group? :thinking: :?? :thinking:

I could be west if I wanted to be!

Kirochka
02-20-2006, 12:40 PM
Yes, Julie!!! Great idea!!! (Extra points for me for pointing Leslie in the direction of this thread! ;) )

DotMom61
02-20-2006, 12:45 PM
Hey, hey, hey! What are the boundaries for this group? :thinking: :?? :thinking:

I could be west if I wanted to be!

I think the boundary is .... uh .... just East of you, Mary! Yeah. Just east. ;-)

And, Karen, keep roundin' 'em up!! :thumbsup:

Julie
02-20-2006, 12:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/j-m-h/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Kirochka
02-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Oh God, Julie, I think that's the most heart-rending emoticon I've ever seen!!!

MaryB
02-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Julie, I feel your pain. :heart:

DotMom61
02-20-2006, 12:58 PM

ACK!!!! I can't believe I left out my fellow, Swedish, Klovin', same-named knitter!!! I'm SO SORRY!!! http://static.flickr.com/27/102181325_9066913196_o.jpg

Please forgive me? :pray:

Julie
02-20-2006, 01:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/j-m-h/smilies/drama.gif

of course http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/j-m-h/smilies/smooch.gif

DotMom61
02-20-2006, 01:25 PM
Here .... this is for ewe:

http://static.flickr.com/24/102191305_efb333f060_o.jpg

I feel like such a

http://static.flickr.com/22/35056220_02be23a2f1_o.jpg

Andrea
02-20-2006, 03:01 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
At first I was :?? , then :doh: ! :roflhard:

I imagine weekends are the best bet for "impromptu", right? Now, is this just lunch? or knitting too? Are we talking as early as this weekend?

Andrea
02-20-2006, 03:02 PM

And this broke my heart!! :heart: :heart: Julie :heart: :heart:

KellyK
02-20-2006, 03:25 PM
:verysad:

VickiIL
02-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Yay Leslie!!! Glad you're here!!

I'm thinking we need to have an "impromptu" gathering of us Western Suburban folks -- Andrea, Karen, Leslie, Me, Holly, Lana ... did I miss anyone???

Wanna have lunch? :figureditout:

:verysad: I am not a western suburban folk....

Andrea
02-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Oh Julie, you are breaking many hearts.......

DotMom61
02-20-2006, 07:11 PM
:doh:

I am such a SCHMUCK!! I guess I don't think as Plainfield as West. But, Vicki, for you, my dear friend, I will extend the Western boundary both South & East!! As a matter of fact, the boundary starts at the Eastern shore of Lake Michigan, goes North to the Canadian border, South to I-74, and West to the Iowa border!!!

There ... did I get everyone?

Now ... as for lunch, I was thinking something impromptu in the middle of the week because that's when I can get out to lunch the easiest, but, of course, I need to bring along my constant companions. :lol:

Anyhoo ... if we can pull this off sometime, I'm game!

Andrea
02-20-2006, 07:16 PM
Anything works for me since I work mids!!

Lana
02-20-2006, 07:25 PM
:doh: I am such a SCHMUCK!!

Julie, didn't you see the very nicely worded post after the last time some called themselves a "schmuck"???
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

I really laughed out loud the last time it appeared, 'cause I already knew.
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

MaryB
02-20-2006, 08:01 PM
:heart: :heart: :heart:
Julie(DotMom), no one could ever be angry with you. Just because you listed only about half of the west/northwest/southwest suburban knitters is no reason to feel bad! We love you anyhow!

I am usually available for lunch. Just give me time to run through the ATM and I'm on my way!

Julie
02-20-2006, 08:06 PM
You knwo I was just giving you a hard time, right? ;)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Before the dissertation on the boundries :D i was like "poop :verysad: i'm TOO west... i'm so far west I'm closer to east"

and, just in case I'm missing something....

............................................is it really impromptu if we plan it ahead of time? :??

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-20-2006, 08:56 PM
Annnnnd, Andrea, if your husband goes to indiana, I might drag mine along too. Then he'll have someone to hang with. Is yours into girly* bars?

*not my original word choice, but kitty with a capitol "T" isn't appropriate.

Andrea
02-20-2006, 11:50 PM
Annnnnd, Andrea, if your husband goes to indiana, I might drag mine along too. Then he'll have someone to hang with. Is yours into girly* bars?

Not generally, but he'd probably rather be there than a Fleece Fair!! :roflhard: :roflhard:

Kirochka
02-21-2006, 10:13 AM
Ohhh... midweek I can't do it... theoretically my lunch break is half an hour... ah well! I'll see y'all at the next not-so-impromptu get-together, then! :D ETA: The next one I can get to, that is... :rollseyes:

KellyK
02-21-2006, 11:35 AM
We never chose a date or picked a place for our March knit-together, either....

May I suggest Fringe in Aurora (http://www.fringeknitting.com/)? The pics of the store look NICE! They have a nice sitting/chatting area & so on...

VickiIL
02-21-2006, 11:57 AM
We never chose a date or picked a place for our March knit-together, either....

May I suggest Fringe in Aurora (http://www.fringeknitting.com/)? The pics of the store look NICE! They have a nice sitting/chatting area & so on...

:cheering: :cheering: Yes! That is one of my LYS's!!! I am willing to make the calls and arrange it!!!!!

DotMom61
02-21-2006, 12:23 PM
Let's see if I can hit all the comments I feel compelled to respond to w/out looking back:

Lana: I have no idea what you're talking about re: "schmuck," and I'm afraid to ask.

Hildegardenia: Re: Impromptu: http://static.flickr.com/27/99730255_e30cddac06_o.gif

Kelly: I think Fringe sounds good; although, it's looking like I probably won't be able to make this gathering, and that's OK, too 'cause I don't want you guys planning around me.

MaryB: :verysad: but also :D

Karen: What if we come and eat near where you work?

And, to top it all off, I'm sure I missed commenting on SOMEONE's post, and for that I am truly sorry. I love each and every one of you equally, and I would love to spend all day with all of you every day! I know ... let's buy a deserted island with a castle somewhere in the S. Pacific and we can have cabana boys serving us Pina Coladas, hummus and pita chips, and chocolate covered everything all day. And for Mary we'll have a vegetable tray.

Julie
02-21-2006, 12:33 PM
:roflhard: ;)

KellyK
02-21-2006, 01:11 PM
:shock:

Lana
02-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Let's see if I can hit all the comments I feel compelled to respond to w/out looking back:

Lana: I have no idea what you're talking about re: "schmuck," and I'm afraid to ask.

Since it appeared here before, I'll paste it. Brace yourself. :roflhard:

This was posted by Jeremy, under a similarly titled post.

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:19 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI, Schmuck is the Yiddish term for something that fills a willie warmer which I think is kind of being harsh on the tooth fairy Which reminds me of a joke! An old Jewish man retires to Florida and is very lonely. One day he goes to the circus and sees a camel. He eventually comes to buy the camel as a pet. He loves the camel and every day goes out riding on it. One morning he comes out of his apartment and the camel is gone. In a panic, he calls the police. "What color was the camel?" the officer asks. "Vat color, I dunno, camel color, brown I guess" "And how tall is the camel?" "Lets see, about 6 or 7 feet I guess" " And was it male or female?" "This I really don't know..... I know! Its a boy camel!" "Why" asked the policeman, "were you so unsure before but now you know?"
"Cause every day when I would ride my camel up and down the street, people would point at us and yell "Look at the schmuck on that camel"

Kirochka
02-21-2006, 01:44 PM
DotMom, how sweet a suggestion! If that were the case, I suspect I could convince my boss/DH to let me go for a bit longer... :D But only do that if it's convenient for everyone else...

Kirochka
02-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Oh, and Lana, what does it say about me that the only part of that joke I can ever, ever remember is the punch line?... :shock:

Lana
02-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Oh, and Lana, what does it say about me that the only part of that joke I can ever, ever remember is the punch line?... :shock:

It says you're normal. Well, at least like DH and me.
:?? We have been try to remember the joke (from more than 20 years ago) that goes to a punch line that we do remember. :rollseyes:

"Set the pace woman, just set the pace." Anyone????? :roflhard:

kimmie
02-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Wow, I can't believe I missed so much of the conversation! More Illinois knitters and an "impromptu" get-together is being planned :D How fun! I'm quite aways away from Aurora, but I'm going through Illinois-get-together withdrawal since I had to miss the last one. So, depending on when you plan to get together, maybe I can come...

kimmie

Andrea
02-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Fringe looks niiiiiiiice!! And it's a "Knitting Salon"!! How fancy does that sound? I'm liking it!! Well, somebody need to decide a good date. I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope I can make it--I'm out the first Saturday and last Saturday in March. I

Is a Sunday better though? Looks like Fringe is open on Sundays?? :thinking:

KellyK
02-21-2006, 07:06 PM
I know Sundays can be pretty Churchey for alot of people,....

Andrea
02-21-2006, 07:11 PM
You know, I was thinking that too :thinking: I so badly want to make this next one!!

Julie
02-21-2006, 07:38 PM
Sunday afternoon would be a good time, I think.... :D

Fringe is like 10 minutes from my house :thumbsup:

VickiIL
02-21-2006, 07:40 PM
How are the 11th and the 18th? I can't really do a Sunday before noon.

Andrea
02-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Either one of those would work for me! :cheering: Anyone else?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-21-2006, 09:51 PM
I've only been there once; is fringe the place with the yarn arranged by color? Very cool. Lots of novelty stuff.

11th and 18th are both good for me.

DotMom61
02-22-2006, 12:46 AM
I might be able to do the 18th, but I may have to bring DD along. DH & DS are going out of town that weekend.

igsr2cool
02-22-2006, 01:43 AM
I am in Crest Hill near Plainfield. Not on Saturdays for me as I teach a knitting class in Joliet twice a month on Saturday.........

KellyK
02-22-2006, 01:47 AM
The 11th I have a board meeting, but the 18th is good for me!! :cheering:

Jul...DD is always welcome! she's a GREAT kid!!

Kirochka
02-22-2006, 09:43 AM
FWIW, the 11th I'll be in Northampton (where I get to see Amy at the Western MA Sacred Harp Convention! ). The 18th I think would be fine... if I can wrest the car from DH!

Andrea
02-22-2006, 10:09 AM
I say we tentatively plan it for the 18th since it seems to work for so many!!!! :cheering: :cheering: And Julie, of course your DD is welcome--she is soooo cute! :D

DotMom61
02-22-2006, 10:18 AM
Oh Yay! :cheering: I *think* she'll be excited to be invited to hang out w/ the Big Girls. ( :rollseyes: -- how dorky is *that*!) Anyway, perhaps one of you ladies could teach her to knit. She's a little perfectionist, and if she can't do something right in the first 5 minutes, she doesn't want to do it. :wall:

But I'm excited!!! Yippeee!!!! I get to go after all!!!!

Kirochka
02-22-2006, 10:19 AM
She's a little perfectionist, and if she can't do something right in the first 5 minutes, she doesn't want to do it. :wall:

I'm sure I don't know anyone like that! :rollseyes: (I think actually it's a hallmark of my personality!!!)

DotMom61
02-22-2006, 10:26 AM
I'm sure I don't know anyone like that! :rollseyes: (I think actually it's a hallmark of my personality!!!)

Well, then, Karen, perhaps you and she could hang out and get frustrated together!! ;-)

To quote Lana: *knit, rip* repeat between *'s for as many repetitions as necessary.

Kirochka
02-22-2006, 10:29 AM
It's a date!!! :D

Allegra's Dad
02-22-2006, 12:20 PM
:XY: :XY: :XY:

SO, how do all of you feel about a guy coming to your knitting frenzy?
I live, oh, about 5 minutes from Fringe.
And would love to come and meet you all.

Tom

Allegra's Dad
02-22-2006, 12:21 PM
:XY: :XY: :XY:

P.S.

If so is it on the 18th and what time?

Tom

Lana
02-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Gee, I'd like to do this, but I don't know how my chauffeur will feel about it. He's always accommodating me when I want to do "girl" things, but I hate to take advantage. Maybe with another guy there, he'd feel more comfortable.

I'll have to take a wait and see approach. We're driving down to Arkansas on the 23rd to visit our younger daughter (he drives, I ride :rollseyes: ). That's two days in the car for us.

Someone please post the address so I can map it. How knows, maybe I can work it out.

KellyK
02-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Tom....you are SOOOOO welcome to come! How do YOU feel about knitting with a bunch of crazy women?? :mrgreen:

DotMom61
02-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Oh, yeah, Tom, the more the merrier!! We love meeting new people and we're gender indifferent.

And Lana, I hope you can make it! And I'd look *forward* to riding in the car for two days -- think of all the knitting! :happydance:

Julie
02-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Lana, I know that area like the back of my hand, so if there is somewhere he'd like to go while you knit, I'd be glad to orient him! :D

Lana
02-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Lana, I know that area like the back of my hand, so if there is somewhere he'd like to go while you knit, I'd be glad to orient him! :D

Julie, you are a "double enabler". :roflhard:
Car dealers and a place to get a good cup of decafe. Not Starbucks!
He likes Burger King's decafe, 'cause employees don't pour it.

Julie
02-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Let's see...for starters, within a mile of the yarn store there's a Borders with a cafe, several coffee stores in the mall, and a Krispy Kreme. :thumbsup: And one main road over there are about 15 car dealerships, with a Burger King across the street. :D

Kirochka
02-22-2006, 06:00 PM
and a Krispy Kreme.

OH OH OH LET'S HAVE THE GET TOGETHER THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Wait... one Krispy Kreme is like 5 WW points... never mind... :verysad:

DotMom61
02-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Wait... one Krispy Kreme is like 5 WW points... never mind... :verysad:

Well, Karen, then just don't eat anything for the rest of the day, and you can have like FIVE Krispy Kremes. Sheesh! What were ya' thinkin'? :doh:

(from one who *should* be counting points!)

LeslieA
02-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Wow sounds like fun. I know I'm new here and would love to join you all but I can't. The 15th is my dd bday and the 16th is my ds bday and that weekend my boss is moving the office and we have to help. So after the moving on Saturday we are taking the kids to chucky cheese. But have fun maybe next time.

Lana
02-22-2006, 07:29 PM
Let's see...for starters, within a mile of the yarn store there's a Borders with a cafe, several coffee stores in the mall, and a Krispy Kreme. :thumbsup: And one main road over there are about 15 car dealerships, with a Burger King across the street. :D

We're left over health nuts from the 70s. :roflhard:
It would be the car dealers and Burger King decafe for him.
Unless the mall has a car show happening that weekend, he wouldn't go there. :fingerwag:

VickiIL
02-22-2006, 08:50 PM
The 18th works great for me! :cheering: I can't wait....Would you like me to call Fringe and let them know they are going to be invaded that day? What time are we thinking?...Normally we say 11:00 ish....

Kirochka
02-23-2006, 09:37 AM
Well, Karen, then just don't eat anything for the rest of the day, and you can have like FIVE Krispy Kremes. Sheesh! What were ya' thinkin'? :doh:

(from one who *should* be counting points!)

:doh: Of COURSE you're right!!! Sounds like a plan to me! (And that's nothing... I seem to recall Miss Angelia mentioning eating Krispy Kremes with Nutella?... ;) Sounds like culinary heaven to me!)

Andrea
02-23-2006, 09:53 AM
The 18th works great for me! :cheering: I can't wait....Would you like me to call Fringe and let them know they are going to be invaded that day? What time are we thinking?...Normally we say 11:00 ish....

I would think that's a good time...I work the night before so I might be a bear, but I am not missing another get together!!!

Kirochka
02-23-2006, 10:03 AM
I don't work nights and I'm a bear every morning anyway! :rollseyes: So it can be a gathering of the bears!

KellyK
02-23-2006, 02:21 PM
The 15th is my dd bday and the 16th is my ds bday
Let me guess....your anniversary is in June?? :roflhard:

Sounds good to me! THANKS, Vick!

VickiIL
02-23-2006, 02:30 PM

Sounds good to me! THANKS, Vick![/quote]

DONE! She is VERY excited!

OK Ladies (& Gentlemen) The March KnittingHelp Get-together will be at Fringe in Aurora/Naperville on March 18th at 11:00!

Whose coming???? I can't wait :cheering:

Kirochka
02-23-2006, 03:01 PM
Pretty sure I can be there! :cheering: (Assuming DH and I don't over-celebrate our anniversary the day before... :rollseyes: ... just kidding, I don't actually drink and DH will be happy with his Guinness or two on St. Paddy's... :D )

kimmie
02-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Rats! I won't be able to come on the 18th. I know you will all have a great time and hopefully I can make it to the next one after that!

kimmie

allegra918
02-23-2006, 06:11 PM
I can't even BEGIN to tell y'all how JEALOUS i am that you will be meeting at Fringe on the 18th!!

i think there should be a temper tantrum throwing emoticon.......

:mad:

Andrea
02-23-2006, 08:11 PM
I'll be there!!! :cheering: I'll be tired, but maybe I can get out of work the night before?? :thinking:

DotMom61
02-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Andrea --

:thinking: I'm thinking that there's just something wrong with getting out of work so you can knit, but for the life of me, I just can't put my finger on why it's wrong.

Vendie
02-24-2006, 11:54 AM
That's right Julie, it is wrong to try to get out of work to knit...I know I've NEVER done that :shifty: I've NEVER taken a vacation day to travel to Illinois to knit with complete strangers, THAT's for sure! :roflhard:

Lana
02-24-2006, 12:41 PM
That's right Julie, it is wrong to try to get out of work to knit...I know I've NEVER done that :shifty: I've NEVER taken a vacation day to travel to Illinois to knit with complete strangers, THAT's for sure! :roflhard:
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

KellyK
02-24-2006, 03:19 PM
NOOOOO....and I've NEVER left work early almost every Wednesday and Friday to go hang out at the LYS, either! Uh Uh!! NOT ME!!! :fingerwag:

DotMom61
02-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Well, I know, personally, I would *never* let laundry pile up while a bag felts in the washer, and I can't even IMAGINE making a stop at the yarn store a priority over the grocery store. NO WAY! That's just irresponsible.

Holly
02-24-2006, 03:47 PM
You guys crack me up!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: I've been swamped the last couple of weeks, and am just catching up on this thread. I see that Sat the 18th is the date, but I keep missing the location -- can someone post the details one more time...pretty please?!

Thanks!

DotMom61
02-24-2006, 04:08 PM
:waving: Hi Holly!!!

It's going to be at Fringe in Naperville.
(http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&hs=NL3&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=fringe&near=Naperville,+IL&sa=X&oi=locald&radius=0.0&latlng=41785833,-88147222,16046121832310380030)

I know how much you hate driving in traffic. So, if you can go, and you'd like to carpool down there with me, you can drive as far as my house, and I'll get us the rest of the way there!! :thumbsup:

KellyK
02-24-2006, 04:57 PM
(http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&hs=NL3&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=fringe&near=Naperville,+IL&sa=X&oi=locald&radius=0.0&latlng=41785833,-88147222,16046121832310380030)

Fringe in Aurora ;)

Vendie
02-24-2006, 05:19 PM
I wish I could go this time, but I've gotta save my pennies and vacation days. :(

I hope some of you can make it to Indiana in April for the Fleece Fair, that would be so much fun!

DotMom61
02-24-2006, 05:37 PM

Fringe in Aurora ;)

Oh, yes, Aurora ... :oops: ... at least I put a link to a map. :shifty:

DotMom61
02-24-2006, 05:38 PM
I wish I could go this time, but I've gotta save my pennies and vacation days. :(

We'll miss you (and Mommy!), Wendie!!

wildforyarn
02-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Aaarrrgh, I can't make this one either!!! We have birthday party for our godson and also have to see my dad because he is having major back surgery the weekend before. :( I sure hope I get to one of these gatherings in the next few months! I want to meet you all!! Oh, in person I mean!! ;)

Vendie
02-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Well, if we do decide to schedule something around Stitches Midwest, I'll do my best to be there. I've been wanting to go to Stitches. The only problem I see is that it's scheduled right before my anniversary. Hmmm, spend time with DH or spend time with yarn :thinking: tough choice ;)

Kirochka
03-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Bumping this too... so people will remember the get-together at Fringe!

Also, I'm beginning to think this year I'll stay in IL around my birthday so I can go to Stitches! (This is so hard... NYC visit or Stitches... if all y'all come to IL for Stitches, it'll be easier to vote in favor of staying here!)

Holly
03-02-2006, 03:49 PM
:waving: Hi Julie :D You are so sweet to remember my tollway fear :blush: ! I am determined to quit being such a freak about driving this year!! I'm still trying to figure out if I can get away on the 18th, but if I can, I'd love to carpool with you :thumbsup:

P.S. -- I started the Oregon Tote over the weekend :happydance:

DotMom61
03-03-2006, 01:42 AM
P.S. -- I started the Oregon Tote over the weekend :happydance:

Oh, yay!! I can't wait to see it. Hope you can make it on the 18th! Just let me know, and we'll work out the logistics. Of course, if "the other" Julie and I decide to ride together, too, you may have to temporarily change your name. :lol:

Julie
03-03-2006, 02:13 AM
I don't think I'll need a ride this time, so you're safe, Holly! :D

(Gotta love it when the get-together is 5 miles from your house! :happydance: )

DotMom61
03-03-2006, 02:27 AM
Wow .... is it really that close to you, Julie?! I thought it was farther south. I'll have to take a good look @ the map before we take off.

Andrea
03-03-2006, 04:55 AM
I'm so excited! And it looks as if I will NOT have to work the night before! That is the night of the Trivia Night (any IL gals interested??? It'll be fun!!) so I took off so I can have some cocktails....I really want to be finished with Tubey by then so I can show it off! :cheering:

Kirochka
03-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Come on, IL people! DH and I are going to the trivia night, and I want to be able to have him meet all these people I keep talking about... I spend so much time telling him what people have posted here, it's incredible! :D

DotMom61
03-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Remind me again what Trivia Night is. :??

Kirochka
03-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Andrea posted this in a separate thread:

Hello everyone! I mentioned this in my blog, but I told DH I would do it here too!

My police dept. (namely, my DH) is hosting a Trivia Night which benefits the Illinois Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics on Friday, March 17th. Here are the details...

Location: Golf Club of Illinois in Algonquin (1575 Edgewood Drive)
Time: 7:00 PM
Cost: $15/person

Tables are 8-10 people. Trivia is 10 rounds of 10 questions each round (numerous categories)

Cash bar, free appetizers, door prizes, raffles

I would have to know soon if you are interested as tables will go quick. My DH thought it would be fun to have the knitters represent!

If you're interested, please let me know!! And DH/DW/SO are more than welcome!!