PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Knit along...

Nuno930
07-01-2005, 12:12 AM
sounds quite intriguing

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mysteryshawlalong/

carollovesyarn
07-11-2005, 06:54 PM
I could really get into it if it was a mystery sock or purse. I did a search, but couldn't find those.

foldedbird
07-15-2005, 04:39 AM
That sounds neat! I was thinking something similar, but more severe. Would you knit up a pattern if you had no idea what the finished product would be?

I would!

Nuno930
07-15-2005, 08:58 AM
That sounds neat! I was thinking something similar, but more severe. Would you knit up a pattern if you had no idea what the finished product would be?

I would!Ooh I would! That would be fun!

foldedbird
07-15-2005, 09:15 AM
I knew I could count on you, nik...you're pretty adventurous!

Nuno930
07-15-2005, 09:22 AM
I knew I could count on you, nik...you're pretty adventurous!How did you find out about my college years :oo:

foldedbird
07-15-2005, 09:33 AM
I think it was on 60 minutes...

amy
07-15-2005, 12:14 PM

I would!

That's what I was thinking too! Like, week 1: "buy 3 skeins of this yarn, and cast on and knit so many rows." Having no idea what you're making!!

THAT would be a mystery knit along! The intrigue!! What fun!! It would have to be a project that folks would like, and yet be confusing enough to not be sure what they're making. I'd just reassure folks who it would fit.

One of you should start one!! How fun!!! :happydance:

cmk
07-15-2005, 10:42 PM
They have mystery quilts that I've done "the proper way", but I was always disappointed with the outcome. I then waited until I had all the steps and figure out what fabric/colors I wanted.

Carolyn

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-15-2005, 11:24 PM
oh yeah, that would be TOTALLY cool!!!!!! I like the idea of knitting a little bit each week. As long as it was is easy enough for beginners and interesting enough for "seasoned" knitters, AND it can be knit cheaply (no qiviut, please) I am all for it.

foldedbird
07-17-2005, 04:03 PM
It sounds like a plan...if I could get a volunteer to PM me, this is definitely something I'd like to try! Volunteer needs to have designed a something before & checks e-mail/PMs daily.

Thanks!

Denise

usamacka
12-29-2005, 10:04 PM
How can I become a member of the yahoo knitting group? I tried getting in but was told I wasn't a member...boo hoo...

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-29-2005, 10:08 PM
hmmm.... the yahoo group might be defunct! We started that earlier this year before Amy had the chat feature working on KH. Denise, Beldie, do you know?

misstialouise
12-29-2005, 10:22 PM
I'd love to do a mystery knit along, as long as it wasn't TOO big a project :D

Plus, I'd need to be able to get the yarn in Australia.

Jan in CA
12-29-2005, 11:04 PM
Oooo that sounds ineat! I'd give it a try unless it was terribly expensive or something!

foldedbird
12-30-2005, 12:40 AM
Hildie, I just logged in and everything appears to be working just fine!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/khchat/

No one seems to be using the group anymore, though. If you want a membership anyway, I can send you an invite if you PM me an e-mail addy.

feltedknitter
12-30-2005, 02:37 AM
:XX: :happydance: I think a mystery knit would be fun

mintdee
12-30-2005, 12:32 PM
:thinking: I think that I would love to join in on the mystery knit as well. That really sounds fun. As long as it can be done cheaply. :happydance:

carollovesyarn
12-30-2005, 04:55 PM
Let's DO it!

January's bad for me *!*, but it's high time I attempt multiple projects at once. For someone who used to pride herself on successfully multi-tasking at work, I find it so strange I can't do the same with knitting!

Carol

aprildavis99
12-31-2005, 12:18 AM
I think I would enjoy this also. What a cool idea.

"What'ch knittin', Honey?" "I dunno, but I need more money for yarn, thanks Babe." muahahahaha

Jan in CA
12-31-2005, 02:17 AM
I think I would enjoy this also. What a cool idea.

"What'ch knittin', Honey?" "I dunno, but I need more money for yarn, thanks Babe." muahahahaha

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Lady M
12-31-2005, 03:04 AM
Im game for a Mystery.......... It might put a little spice in our lives...=)

You can tell now that im really an exciting Chick !!!!

I think this is a wonderful Ideal and the colors we choose, not knowing what were knitting will give us all a chance to use up all of our yarn stock piles that is stuck in our closets and draws...........=)

Kewl Idea !!!..........soooooooo count me IN !!!

Anne

foldedbird
12-31-2005, 03:41 AM
Yall do know that this KAL never got off of the ground, right? If someone wants to take over, by all means!

carollovesyarn
12-31-2005, 04:05 AM
hee - If you post it they will come, just a little late... and I'm including myself in the johnny-come-latelies

I'm not much of a planner. :thinking:

brightspot
01-02-2006, 12:38 AM
This sounds really neat. I belong to a dishcloth KAL and we get only 10 rows of the pattern a day. We don't get a picture to see what we are knitting. It is fun. A larger mystery project would be great. Is there any way we could get someone with patterns online to let us use one of their patterns so that we wouldn't have to design something new. I would be willing to send out the pattern a little at a time if we could find a way to get some. Maybe I'll ask around.

foldedbird
01-02-2006, 02:33 AM
Have at it! I have way too much on my plate at the moment to take charge. I will check in on you all though! good luck :)

amy
02-03-2006, 01:37 PM
HEY Y'ALL, check out THIS SITE (http://www.maschenkunst.de/neue_datei3.html), which is a podcast dedicated to doing a new secret knitting project every podcast, it gives audio instructions for you do follow, and a week later puts up pictures and written instructions. :thumbsup:

Apparently there's a general hint given, so you know what you're working on, just not what it will look like. The next project says it will be a "knitted tie."

foldedbird
02-03-2006, 01:43 PM
How *cool* Amy, thanks for the tip!

I am now e-mailing the Ya-Yas this thread... I had an idea a couple of months ago for knitting patterns put on audio books or IPods and they looked at me like I was NUTS!

So, THERE!

See how mature I am?

D

carollovesyarn
02-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Thanks Amy! That's a great link. Fortunately I don't need to make a tie - I have so many things I 'need' to do, but I've got it bookmarked to keep checking.