PDA

View Full Version : *Insert Homer-esque drool here*

Egeria
07-09-2005, 06:27 PM
I have just bought my first three skeins of Noro.

I'm drooling and beaming like a doofus! I'm sure people on the tram thought I was crazy. It's such a weird feeling! You know that little twang you get when you make eye contact with someone you fancy? That's how I felt with my bag of wool, knowing three beautiful skeins of Noro Kureyon was just waiting to be knitted.

I'm making a booga bag. This is the happiest day of my life. (Sorry sweetie).

:XX: = me
:sunny: also = me

KellyK
07-09-2005, 06:42 PM
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Ingrid
07-09-2005, 07:04 PM
It's weird to admit it, buy finding that 'perfect' yarn is a bit like falling in love. This is the ONLY place I could get away with saying that !

benniesma
07-09-2005, 07:57 PM
I know what you mean! I made a felted bag with Noro. When I started my next project with a different yarn I was like 'meh'. What colorway did you get?

Have fun!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-09-2005, 09:40 PM
oooo i :heart: noro

koolbreeze
07-09-2005, 10:26 PM
I'm drooling and beaming like a doofus!

i'm like that just lookin at it on the internet!!!! i want toget someso bad!!! i'm goingtomake mea booga bag also. i want #130. i don't see it much on the net. i'm hopin onr of my lys will have it!!!! :happydance:

Jazzmatazz
07-09-2005, 11:10 PM
I bought the kureyon 130 to make the Head Start hats for the grandbabies. It's on this page:

http://tinyurl.com/7z8xb

I think that is the cutest hat!

BinkyKat
07-10-2005, 01:39 AM
I wanna do the Booga too! :happydance:
My LYS said they didn't have color 95, and the gal even said the owner wasn't going to order from Noro anymore 'cuz "she's had *problems* with them." (???)
The place I went to on the way to my brother's in Mpls. had sever colors and other Noro yarns and didn't mention any "problems" but they didn't have the color I wanted. the other colors they had, albeit purdy, were darker than I was wanting right now.

And, I got that same feeling as you all when I found some teeny hanks of Lorna's Angel angora blend..... uuuuuuoooooohhhhhh! I'm gonna make the wrist warmers from the Patter Central site I printed off to practice using dpns. And I had my hands on some teenier balls of another brand of 100% angora at prev. mentioned yarn shop, but decided to forgo them for some Debbie Bliss cotton for a "chunky cardigan" from the Cherished Babies book by Erika Knight.

koolbreeze
07-10-2005, 12:50 PM
I think that is the cutest hat!

those r the cutest!!! and i've got 3 little heads for it!!!

amy
07-10-2005, 09:38 PM
I know the feeling! :heart: Noro Kureyon is just so darn gorgeous. That company knows their colors!

Egeria
07-11-2005, 03:55 AM
I've decided that my booga bag will be my 'early morning before work project'. So I'll be getting up earlier and earlier!

It's absolutely beautiful. I got Colour 52 and I just love seeing the colourways emerge!!

Me love me booga bag!

JLC
07-11-2005, 10:05 AM
I just finished the tab-top bag from the "Felted Knits" book...sort of. I made the bottom a little different, with 2 srands of WOTA hollyberry, then #134 Noro Kureyon, and some WOTA blue (not sure exactly which color - it was from some scraps I had in the stash pile) for the tabs and the Noro for the I-cord (BTW, I HATE I-Cord, it's soooo boring). I finished felting it last night and it's drying now. My intention was to give it to my best friend, who is coming up this weekend for the dreaded 10-year high school reunion, but I'm not sure I can part with it. I started another one last night, but I have one skein left of the #134 and one of (I think) #52 so I'm going to use them together. I'll let her pick which one she wants (and cry when it leaves me). So it looks like I'll be having a few late nights this week to finish the 2nd one before Saturday morning. Unfortunately, I'm at work, so I can't post a pic, but I'll try to do it tonight.

KellyK
07-11-2005, 10:35 AM
Sounds pretty, JLC! Would LOVE to see pics!

kemp
07-12-2005, 09:43 AM
Can't wait to see the latest booga! The Booga site has a page with finished Booga pics...so fun!

I am sure most of you probably already know of this place, but they have really good prices on Kuryeon: Wool Needlework (www.woolneedlework.com)

JLC
07-12-2005, 10:28 AM
Have you ordered from them Kemp? I've looked, and drooled over the Noro and the prices, but I thought they seemed a little too good to be true, so I'm curious about anyone's opinions, who have ordered from them. The prices are fantastic and the color selection is really good, I'm just wondering about the service?

kemp
07-12-2005, 10:39 AM
I haven't ordered from them yet, but I keep meaning to. You may want to ask Victoise...or Hilde (she is mentioned in the quote, not sure if she has ordered from them) this is a quote from Victoise previous post:

Ha, what is it about this Noro Kureyon! It's INCREDIBLE! I fell in the love with the first colour I ever used No. 95 and I do searches all over the place and it's very hard to find that beautiful colour! pinks and greens. My lys just lowered the price from $8.50 to $8.00 or so.... but the colours they have are wretched!

I just received a order from

Wool Needlework Discounter (can't find the exact address at the moment.. Noro Kureyon for $5.75 a skein.
(thanks to Hildie's tip) Shipping was $8.00 plus however but I got a lot of other stuff.

Noro is so beauitful. they should be making more of it.

koolbreeze
07-12-2005, 01:39 PM
:wall: the y don't have 130!!!!

kemp
07-12-2005, 01:42 PM
Bummer! Maybe making another bag from a different color is in order????

:devil: I am terrible! I am always trying to get people into yarn addiciton!

koolbreeze
07-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Can't wait to see the latest booga! The Booga site has a page with finished Booga pics...so fun!

what is the Booga site address????

koolbreeze
07-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Bummer! Maybe making another bag from a different color is in order????

:devil: I am terrible! I am always trying to get people into yarn addiciton!

i think so!! anyway ifound the site!!!

kemp
07-12-2005, 01:53 PM
Have you seen THIS (http://boogaj.typepad.com/photos/kureyon_bag_gallery/index.html) page? It has tons of pictures of finished booga bags. Fun to look at!

koolbreeze
07-12-2005, 04:37 PM
yeah i just found it. i alsofound out that #130 is discontinued! i knew i should have go it when i saw it! :verysad:

kemp
07-12-2005, 04:38 PM
maybe you could find it on ebay? Or make a plea for it here in the buy/sell/swap section?

koolbreeze
07-12-2005, 04:42 PM
i checked ebay. i'll have to read about the buy/sell/swap board! thanks Kemp!

kemp
07-12-2005, 04:43 PM
oops...in case I wasn't clear...I meant the buy/sell/swap section on here. Maybe ebay has a wanted section too though???

koolbreeze
07-12-2005, 04:47 PM
oops...in case I wasn't clear...I meant the buy/sell/swap section on here. Maybe ebay has a wanted section too though???

i figured that!!! ;)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-13-2005, 12:01 AM
ooo yeah I've ordered from wool needleworks. They are AWESOME.

#134 and #74 are sort of like 130, but darker. this place (http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID4728469P3648058-Knitting-Yarn/Noro-Yarn/Noro-Yarn-Kureyon/Noro-Kureyon-Shade-130.aspx) has 130 but it's NOT cheap. (i'd say it's normal priced though, not astronomical). BTW, wool needle works is now $6.29 a ball, which is still a great price, but it was like around 5.80 or something when I ordered a few months ago. If you want noro from that place I'd order soon, b/c you never know when the prices will go up!

koolbreeze
07-13-2005, 08:58 AM
yeah i looked there and they don't have any either

kemp
07-13-2005, 09:25 AM
They seem to have it HERE (http://gallery.bcentral.com/ProductDetails.aspx?GID=5048903&PID=4308649) and HERE (http://www.haveyouanywool.com/norokureyon.htm) and backordered HERE (http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/secure-html/onlinegen/currgen/Noro/Kureyon.asp)

koolbreeze
07-13-2005, 11:04 AM
the first 2 i hadn't seen THANKS!!!! :cheering: :happydance: i'll have to hurry and stantch it up before its gone. thanks you so much!!!!

kemp
07-13-2005, 11:22 AM
YAY :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I hope you have some success!!! Can't wait to see your fabulous #130 Noro bag!

kitkat
07-13-2005, 02:27 PM
I have been on a dreadfous bad noro binge...i bought some to make a booga (#134) and a boatload of another colorway to make a sweater in a class.....ohhhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait!!!!

The one thing I dont get with the booga instructions is when they say to pick up stitches, twisted.......since I havent started the bag yet, not really sure what they mean....

kemp
07-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Sounds like you have some fun projects coming!

That booga twisted question has been asked a lot. Most people just ignore it and knit regular. Supposedly it just makes a stronger (tighter) join with the bottom of the bag.

JLC
07-13-2005, 02:44 PM
Yeah, I just knit them regular when I pick up the stitches. Haven't had any problems yet. My problem now is deciding which colors to buy. I love the #134, but they are all very nice. I'm trying to hold off, so I can get some other projects done first, but if I wait then the price will probably go up. Decisions, decisions.