PDA

View Full Version : Looking for CANADIAN online yarn sources

knitqueen
07-14-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm in Canada, and quite frankly the yarn selection in my town is quite LAME. I'd like access to a broader selection of yarn, but buying from American source online stores nearly kills me with the exchange rate and the enormous shipping costs (which, BTW, are ridiculous....for example, it cost a friend of mine in Texas about $3 to send me a 400 page HARD cover book.....gimme a break when they charge $10US to send a couple balls of yarn :rollseyes: ) ANYWAYS....

I'm not a very talented web searcher so if any of you expert googlers are up for a challenge, could you try to search out Canadian yarn sources for me, who preferably deal in Canadian dollars.

Thanks muchly!!!! :pray:

Ingrid
07-14-2005, 03:20 PM
www.fourseasonsknitting.com is one I've dealt with very successfully, but I'm not sure if her selection is what you want.

Isn't www.elann.com Canadian, also?

Nuno930
07-14-2005, 03:21 PM
http://www.camillavalleyfarm.com

I've ordered from there before. Nice place.

kemp
07-14-2005, 05:01 PM
http://www.woolneedlework.com/

I'm not positive if they are based in Canada, but they have both the US and Canadian flag on their home page. A couple of people on the board have purchased from them and been happy. VERY good prices!

Ingrid
07-14-2005, 06:42 PM
www.yarnforward.com has a place to click for Canada, too. I've dealt with them and like them a lot.

newtoknit
07-15-2005, 10:59 PM
Thanks for posting this KnitQueen..I'm in the same boat as you, struggling to find DECENT online Canadian stores. I just find that the selection up here isn't as good as all the US online stores. Occasionally I find some good stuff on ebay, otherwise I brave the shipping and customs charges just to get nice yarn from the states.

kemp
07-16-2005, 12:09 PM
I just got my shipment from www.knitwerx.com which is also in Canada. Good prices, got my yarn promptly and a nice note from the owner.

Ingrid
07-16-2005, 12:12 PM
I came back to this thread expressly to recommend Knitwerx as a great site in Canada. As it is, I'll second Kemp's recommendation.

knitqueen
07-16-2005, 03:15 PM
Thanks all! Some of those sites look really great! I like knitwerx a lot. Wish someone had free shipping though ;) .

If anyone finds more, I'd love to see them!