PDA

View Full Version : Kinda OT: Woolite Commercial

Silver
07-15-2005, 02:53 PM
It's the one that claims you can wash a sweater in Woolite and it will not shrink.

I HATE THAT COMMERCIAL! It's so misleading! I can just see some poor uninformed woman washing her 100% lambswool sweater in Woolite thinking it's not going to shrink.

It even says this on their website:
"In the case of wool, washing in the gentle cycle or the basin with WOOLITEŽ Fabric Wash will limit the compression of wool fibers."

Is it just me, or does this seem very misleading? Can you imagine washing a wool sweater in the washer after all we know about felting??
:doh:

Ingrid
07-15-2005, 02:57 PM
I had the same exact thought about that commercial! It is very misleading. There are going to be a few angry people with tiny sweaters, wondering what happened.

brendajos
07-15-2005, 03:05 PM
well i feel the same way about the clorox commercials that talk about people's clothes still being dirty after washing them because they didn't wash them in clorox. Sure clorox is a great cleanser but the damage to the clothes...........

i found something at my p/t job last night that really kind of upset me. Let me preface this by saying it is a WONDERFUL company that does EVERYTHING possible to assure that our customers will leave us happy. I love working there and would work there full time if i could afford the pay AND my shopping habit! ;) i often send my friends and family to shop our websites and have shopped them myself on several occasions.

So anyway we went live with a new website a couple of days ago. And on the website there is a "testamonial" from a customer. :thinking: i was a little perplexed by that since the site had only been live for about 2 days by the time i actually checked it out. *sigh* i don't know where that testamonial came from but it was NOT from one of the people who had bought from the site already. It bugs me so much because there is no real reason for it. The company's credentials are good enough that they don't have to.

Anyway...not really on the same topic but i guess it goes to companies misleading the public, and often for no real reason. :crying:

Silver
07-15-2005, 03:16 PM
I agree Brenda, lots of companies use sneaky marketing tactics. But screwing with knitting... isn't that like the 8th deadly sin?? :devil:

brendajos
07-15-2005, 03:18 PM
I agree Brenda, lots of companies use sneaky marketing tactics. But screwing with knitting... isn't that like the 8th deadly sin?? :devil:

yup...right behind tying a knot!

:lol:

Ingrid
07-15-2005, 03:24 PM

I heard that, Silver! :shock: Most of my knots are in 2-ply jumper weight. Sometimes I get lazy changing colors. The knots are the size of a flea's kneecap! :P

Rorshach
07-15-2005, 10:48 PM

whew, thought you said, tying THE knot. :roflhard:

brendajos
07-15-2005, 10:52 PM

whew, thought you said, tying THE knot. :roflhard:

welllllllllllllllllllllll.....lol

BinkyKat
07-15-2005, 10:55 PM
:lol:whew, thought you said, tying THE knot. :roflhard:

Both have the same repercussions don't they? :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

feministmama
07-16-2005, 05:14 PM
But screwing with knitting... isn't that like the 8th deadly sin?? :devil:

in some states it's illegal