PDA

View Full Version : I think I meet my match...

dustinac
07-24-2005, 04:29 PM
:thinking: I learned to knit through Amy's videos and I have kinda just jumped in to knitting. I took a beg. knitting class just finished up cause you had to have it to move onto the Adv. Beg. Knitting class... I am hoping this Wed. I will learn some new stitches..... I have pretty much just went and started whatever I wanted to and figured it out as I went through Amy and Brendajosos LOL buttttt :crying: I started using DPNs today and I don't understand.. maybe its cause the kids are up and running through the house and my youngest is mad cause I have knitting in my hands but waaahhhh when my teacher showed me cause I told her I wanted to start socks and a handbag that the supplies have been sitting there since May she said ok I'll show you.. It looked so easy but grrr.. I think I've met my match.. I don't think I can do this without one on one... so I put it up till later tonight will give it another try with Amy's videos ready to gooooo... However, then I get out my 365 knitting stiches yep Brendajos I'm still on Friday my first block LOL and WAAAAHHHH it won't come out right either.. I had to look up psso and sl 1 which I think I'm doing it right but it says repeat from * to last 7 stiches and so when I get to the last 7 and I'm not there in the pattern I'm like what do I do?? Stop and just go do what it says to do?? Maybe its just not a knitting day... Maybe its a relax from knitting and tomorrow it will again make sense to me... :verysad: Ok thank you for listening to me whine pass the cheese please... gonna go outside and SWING :D

Silver
07-25-2005, 10:49 PM
I'm sorry you're having a hard time!!! (((((((HUGS)))))))

Take a look at my sock tutorial (http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/SockClass_Beginning.htm). I hope it helps you out a little while you're trying to master those scary DPNs!

dustinac
07-26-2005, 09:27 AM
Well Yesterday I just sat and did knitting in my free time and the DPNs started to make sense to me.. but that July 22nd still won't come out so I just moved on to the next day :shifty: figured in a year when I get back to July 22nd I should be able to do it :roflhard: