PDA

View Full Version : Extra Extra Read all about it! Hero Kitty Saves Brother!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-25-2005, 10:45 PM
"Meow. I just didn't want him to get hurt!"
--Stanley Spadowski, who saved Cheddar "Fatso" Biscuit from certain death by yarn lynching

So I'm up here in the computer room TRYING to get some work done (ie catch up on the posts I've been neglecting) when Stanley, my gray and white kitty, comes in the room just HOWLING his head off.... I'm like "Oooh, kitty, whatsa matter???" And I get up to walk out of the room, and he's trotting down the steps, stopping to make sure i'm flollowing him (like Lassie, but cuter and smarter, of course) and WHAT do I find in the living room, but CHEDDAR (the orange fatso) wrapped up and tangled in some pink acrylic yarn i bought a while ago but lost!!!!!!! Poor guy, he musthave stashed it somewhere (with my yarn needles, stitch markers, some solder, and an emerald earring) and decided that tonight was the night to get it out and play with it. Poor Stanley sat there and meowed the whole time while I snapped a few pictures and untangled Cheddy from the mess. When i untangled him I realized that he REALLY was tangled up, and might have gotten hurt: some of the strands were wrapped so tight that when I tried to pull he came scooting across the floow with them! But all is safe now. Here's the pictures I took.

Ingrid
07-25-2005, 10:50 PM
:roflhard: Looks like you should have locked the catnip up! It's so cool that Stanley came to get you. Or maybe he was just being a tattle-tale!

KellyK
07-25-2005, 10:56 PM
STANLEY IS A HEROOOOO!!!!

He gets a parade!

http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~arielbaz/NewYorkInPhotos/MacyThanksGivingParade/Macy's%20Thanksgiving%20Parade%2013.jpg

Sara
07-25-2005, 11:00 PM
Yay for Stanley! *meow* What's that? *meow meow* A schoolbus is hanging off the cliff? Good kitty! I'll go get help. You stay here and lick yourself until its all over! :lol:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Ingrid, my original idea was going to be the "tattle kitty" angle, but KK announced stanley's heroism before I posted, so I thought that was cuter :-)

Ingrid
07-25-2005, 11:18 PM
Looks like Garfield is a little "tied up", too!

LisaD715
07-26-2005, 12:00 AM
Looks like Cheddy had a REALLY good time!!!!

BinkyKat
07-26-2005, 01:25 AM
Wow! I read all about it! What a smart kitty Stanley is! Naughty (but funny) Cheddy! He seems sooo much like my Binky. He came running past the living room once with a large Target bag hanging off his belly by the handle, I'm glad he didn't get hurt (bags are for supervised play and also his wakeup tool at 3 in the frickety am!) but I did laugh my head off at the site of him! DH had just had hernia surgery the day before and would have busted his stitches had he been in the room when it happened! :roflhard:
Mine will also grab the end of a roll of ribbon from a box I haven't used in months and pull it all out until it runs from room to room and then he'll lay there and look at me like "Look what I did for you mommy!"

Aby
07-26-2005, 01:28 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

KellyK
07-26-2005, 07:32 AM
Puppies are funny, too...

Ingrid
07-26-2005, 07:34 AM
I guess when there's no road kill to roll around in, you pick the next stinkiest thing! :D

suziehomemaker
07-26-2005, 09:15 AM
My kitties have only gotten into my yarn once and I think my crying (they pulled out a ton of stitches) taught them a lesson.

My Gracie got tangled up in a plastic bag once pretty bad. She was so scared from being contrained and the noice that it made that she peed herself. I felt so bad for her!

dustinac
07-26-2005, 09:21 AM
LOL awww how cute!! Zulu enjoys when I knit has to be on my lap and tries to catch the yarn lots of fun knitting that way but when she looks up at me I just don't have the heart to move her : )

MaggieL
07-26-2005, 04:53 PM
My kitkat got her head stuck in a WM bag. Scared her half to death. We now don't leave anything in a bag.

Isn't it funny how the bag thing is common with cats?

Mer
07-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Yeah, my kitties love to sit on plastic bags like they're beds. I don't like it because I'm a paranoid pet-owner, so I always pull it out from under them. I don't understand why a sticky bag is more comfy than a bed or pillow!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-26-2005, 08:20 PM
mine too, both of them! Stanley is facinated with anything he can get IN... he sits in DH's lunch cooler, empty laundry baskets, bureau drawers... god help us if we get a cardboard box in the mail, because not only will he sit in, on and under it, he'll also bite it into shreds!!! Stanley likes to be IN things, close and cuddly, and cheddy likes to lay anywhere he can spread out in his glorious fattness.

KellyK
07-26-2005, 10:01 PM
cheddy likes to lay anywhere he can spread out in his glorious fattness.

Me too....... :verysad:

Ingrid
07-26-2005, 10:11 PM
cheddy likes to lay anywhere he can spread out in his glorious fattness.

Me too....... :verysad:

Now, now Kelly. :inlove: You're perfect just the way you are!

KellyK
07-26-2005, 10:41 PM
:heart: MUAH! :heart:

BinkyKat
07-27-2005, 12:01 AM
I like to do that too! ;)
The Binkster acts like if he can hide his head in something, you can't really see him. He sits in 12 pack pop boxes, bags, coats, suitcases, laundry baskets, pillow cases, on top of doors, between floor joists in the basement ceiling, - when he was little, he got himself wiggled down the sleeve of dh's winter coat, poked out his head and he looked like a baby seal.
But this pic has to be the oddest place yet... YES it was UNPLUGGED!!! :rollseyes:

p.s. i highly recommend browsing the book "Bad Cat", I bought one but you can look it over and B&N, it's hillarious pictures of cats and even more hillarious captions! You may be asked to leave the store if you laugh too hard! :roflhard:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-27-2005, 01:09 AM
YES!! bad cat is SO funny!!!!!

OMG in the SHREDDER?????????? that's hilarious!

Bink, you know everyone thinks we're total dorks because we always talk about our cats! Oh well! it could be worse...at least we don't talk to them... usually.

LisaD715
07-27-2005, 02:40 AM
Bink, you know everyone thinks we're total dorks because we always talk about our cats! Oh well! it could be worse...at least we don't talk to them... usually.

I do not think you are nuts at all....I talk to Solomon and talked to Sinny all the time.....I get some of my best laughs from my pets.....

KellyK
07-27-2005, 07:25 AM
I would even go so far as to say that someone who DOESNT talk to their pets is being NEGLECTFUL! OF COURSE we talk to our pets! Mine even talk BACK to me! (well, Sophie does, anyway...she's VERY impatient.)

Ingrid
07-27-2005, 07:52 AM
The best part is that as long as I use a nice tone of voice, I can say anything I want to the cat and her feelings don't get hurt. I can vent about all the ills of the world, and she listens with Buddah-like patience.

dustinac
07-27-2005, 10:26 AM

:roflhard: I talk to mine all the time.. whats wrong baby? ya hungry? well come on dear... ya ready for bed? aww poor kitty/puppy had a rough day.. yeah when I was growing up my dad always talked to our pets and they talked back LOL he would sit them on his leg and make them look like they were standing then would use a hand to move thier front paw and tell a story LOL and dress them up in my baby doll clothes.. Ya never knew what my dad was gonna think of next.. :D

amy
07-27-2005, 11:35 AM
More late-breaking news!!!!

Seriously, I just saw this on "the Onion" (a spoof online news site). Hildie, tell Cheddar that his duties as a string warrior may no longer be required. :roflhard:

http://www.theonion.com/images/448/image_article2934_160x117.jpg
caption: War On String May Be Unwinnable, Says Cat General

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-27-2005, 02:39 PM
OMG!!! that's hilarious Amy!!

I have a song that cheddy sings with me... it's called the B song (B for biscuit, as in chedddar biscuit). He only does it if we're in the basement for some reason. It's to the tune of mozart Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (spelling?)
Me: B! BB! B B B B B BEEEE!
Cheddy: MEOW
Me: B! BB! B B B B B BEEEE!
Cheddy: MEOOOW
Me: BB! BBBBBB!
Cheddy MEOOOOOOOOW
Me: BBBBBB
Cheddy: MEOOOOOOOOOOOOW
me (screeching): BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Cheddy: MMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Then he puts his forehead down on the floor, does a somersault, and plops into the please rub my fat belly position.

Maybe I posted this already.... really I must get a life.

KellyK
07-27-2005, 03:43 PM
OMG I LOVVVE The Onion (http://theonion.com/?pre=1&issue=)! I bought the book sfor DH! My favorite is "Our Dumb Century" (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0609804618/qid=1122493317/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-9858608-6592768?v=glance&s=books&n=507846). Those writers are GENIOUS!!!!

kemp
07-27-2005, 05:48 PM
Kitties are too funny. Love all these pics!

MaggieL
07-27-2005, 06:00 PM
Our kitkat has taught us several tricks. On demand, she can get us to: put food in her dish, water in her bowl, open the blinds, move stuff on the couch so she can sit with us, open doors, and play.

:rofling: :rofling:

BinkyKat
07-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Yep, the shredder... he hates when you turn on the vacuum, but shred some papers and he'll come from across the house to see what's going on. Unplug the shredder so he can safely inspect.... and in he popped. that's the only time too.
Geez, I talk to my cat all the time! I put clothes on him...he hates it. My brother in law was at Target the same time as me once when I was buying a baby shower gift, he had to seriously talk me out of getting some Hello Kitty underpants and a "Daddy's Little Prince" bib for the cat.
I won't tell the B about the unwinnable string war, it would really depress him. I've heard of the onion from friends funny stories from it. I'll check it out...

punkhippiemom
07-28-2005, 10:50 AM
Our kitkat has taught us several tricks. On demand, she can get us to: put food in her dish, water in her bowl, open the blinds, move stuff on the couch so she can sit with us, open doors, and play.

:rofling: :rofling:

You are sooooo trained!!! LOL

... he would sit them on his leg and make them look like they were standing then would use a hand to move thier front paw and tell a story LOL and dress them up in my baby doll clothes..Ya never knew what my dad was gonna think of next..

My dad was the same way, he and my sister taught her kitty Mojo to hand jive, and he swore that our other cats Jake and Elwood could say "liver sausage"... but he did draw the line at dressing the poor things :fingerwag: to all of you...