PDA

View Full Version : my lucky days.....

bubba
07-28-2005, 12:34 PM
I told my husband two months ago what I wanted for my birthday. I handed him a knit picks catalog w/the item duly circled and highlighted and sticky noted.

Well, late last week, he asked my 'what do you want for your birthday?' I figured he was either an idiot or had forgotten all the work I did letting him know way ahead of time. So, I told him again, figuring if he got right on it, there was still time for a package to arrive....well, that didn't happen either.

So I get home from work yesterday (yes, I had to work on my birthday! There should be a law!!) and I tried to ignore the gift bag on the kitchen table. Finally I asked if I could look inside....well, I picked it up and it felt as if it was empty except for the tissue he had crammed in there. In the bottom was a birthday card, so I figured there was going to be a note written inside that said my present had been ordered or that he was taking me to yarn shop to get the yarn and needles to make a wrap I have been drooling over.

No such thing! It said to go look by the recliner! Now I was getting excited....a treasure hunt! I raced into the living room as I could hear him chortling in the kitchen. There I found a package that I thought was a movie on videotape, if they even make those anymore. Nope, it was Denise Interchangeable Needles that he somehow managed to find at a store in town! He felt he had lucked out because I had told him how much I thought the other option would cost....but I was happy....he got what I asked for!

Then this morning I got to work, and one of my friends walked over and handed me yet another weightless gift bag (I'm beginning to be a fan of these!) and there was a gift certificate inside for $50 to a yarn shop out in Gig Harbor I've been wanting to go to!!!! What a way to start the day!!! Matter of fact, this yarn shop is one Debbie McComber was just at signing books at, but I had to work and was unable to go.

Speaking or work, I'd better get back to it. Just had to share.

pat.

Carol_OH
07-28-2005, 01:00 PM
that's so cool!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

happy birthday!!!

benniesma
07-28-2005, 01:03 PM
What a lucky girl you are!

And Happy Belated Birthday! :balloons:

bubba
07-28-2005, 01:07 PM
Thanks! I thought so too!!! :thumbsup:

pat.

MaggieL
07-28-2005, 04:58 PM
Ooooo! Aaaaa! I love suprises!

InterNette
07-28-2005, 05:04 PM
Happy Birthday, what a great day for you, Congrats. I am so jealous, I use to live in Tacoma and I miss and love Gig Harbor. Happy Birthday again.

bubba
07-28-2005, 05:30 PM
Thanks! It's been quite warm here the past week, no rain!!!!!

pat.

Ellen Edwards
07-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Happy Birthday, bubba!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it when Dh really picks up on what I'm saying I want for my birthday or Christmas. :heart:

And lucky me too, I think! I won a brand new set of Boye interchangeables off eBay for just less than $37.00 INCLUDING the shipping!! :happydance: :happydance: I hope that's a good buy--I think it'll save me money in the long run--now if I can find a good buy on a double pointed set, too, that'd be great! :XX:

MaggieL
07-28-2005, 06:30 PM
Forgot..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

KellyK
07-28-2005, 08:02 PM
That's AWESOME!!!!!

And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! :present:

LisaD715
07-29-2005, 12:53 AM
Bubba.....Happy belated Birthday!!!!! I am so glad you got wonderful gifts!! Tell your boss you NEED your birthday off WITH pay....then tell him/her your knitting buddies said so :D