PDA

View Full Version : !!The Stash Assassin!!

ekgheiy
08-23-2005, 11:34 AM
So you wanna do the kal? I started #4 from this (http://www.purplekittyyarns.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=210) book, using some left over Lion cotton... :thumbsup:

punkhippiemom
08-23-2005, 03:44 PM
WOOHOOOOO!!! Knitalong it is! But change the subject line so all may know, and join us in our pursuit of stash depletion and staving off utter boredom... :roflhard:
I had a brainstorm .. I think I'm going to make a soap pouch type thing in the Trinity Stitch (http://knitting.about.com/library/bltrinityst.htm)for ultra scrubbiness....

ekgheiy
08-23-2005, 05:25 PM
MMMMM... Ultra scrubbiness!! KEWL!!!

punkhippiemom
08-23-2005, 07:32 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: The Stash Assassin!! :roflhard: :roflhard:

ekgheiy
08-24-2005, 11:17 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: The Stash Assassin!! :roflhard: :roflhard: hehehehehe :lol: I thought you might find that entertaining... ;)

ekgheiy
08-24-2005, 11:29 AM
Update: I've about 6" of #4 done, but it looks like I chose to @$$@$$inate the wrong stash ball. I don't have enough to finish the 'ol cloth. :help: So I need to decide whether to frog to an even point in the pattern or join another stash and continue like normal ... decisions, decisions ... :thinking:

I have also decided that I'm going to call mine a "wash cloth"; I don't wanna use it as a dish cloth ... :fingerwag:

The pattern is quite nice too. I'm actually getting the same right leaning st pattern as I did with the blanket that I just finished (Blue Tranquility from ISBN 1574862235, Leisure Arts #3219), except without the YO. It's called a Right Twist (RT) in the cloth pattern:

K2tog, do NOT slip sts off, K the first st, slip both sts off

It alternates a block of RT's w/ a block of seed st. Really cute and I can't wait to finish and @$$@$$inate another stashball! :happydance:

punkhippiemom
08-24-2005, 11:41 AM
:thinking: That does sound pretty nifty...almost like my so-called scarf...
And I agree completely, anything that you enjoy making should absolutely be a washcloth...The yucky practice ones are dishcloths! ;)
I have yet to start casting on for my scrubbie, but I have it pretty much formulated, I just need to do it (I spent half of my shower this morning trying to figure how big a standard size bar of soap was, and how many st that would be with a 4.5st/in gauge :roflhard: least until i ran out of hot water!) :doh:
So anyway, when I finish it, I'm going to go to the dollar store and get her some bath salts and one of those little foot massagers, and a pretty basket to put it in, and maybe a few homemade soap balls, and mom's crossed of my list. :happydance: 1 down, 5,367 to go... :thumbsup:

ekgheiy
08-24-2005, 11:48 AM
Kewl!! You should get some of the shrink wrap stuff too. And some ribbons or something. You're gonna have so much fun w/ the basket!! You have a digicam, right? :?? I gotta see it ... I gotta see it ...

punkhippiemom
08-24-2005, 03:06 PM
Oh yes, my digicam is the best Christmas present I've ever gotten for Thanksgiving lmao (DS spilled the beans, and DH gave it to me early - remind me never to take a 3yo Xmas shopping!)
I also had another thought...I did get started, but the S'n'C is actually a lot softer than I wanted... I think I'm gonna sacrifice one of the zillions of bath puffs I have to the knitting gods, cut it into a workable thickness and knit that bad boy! My mom's the one that got me addicted to scrubbing my skin half off when washing - she used to buy loofahs all the time, and after those, nothing is scrubby enough for me- so I know she'll appreciate the extra texture...won't be a stash buster, but then , my stash is small enough as it is..

ekgheiy
08-24-2005, 03:14 PM
...won't be a stash buster ... "stash buster"??? Um-excuse me ... wth is **that**??? Did you by chance mean ... STASH ASSASSIN?!? :roflhard:

punkhippiemom
08-24-2005, 03:22 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: OMG, stop it...I giggle every time I read that... :roflhard: :roflhard:

Mer
08-24-2005, 04:02 PM
You gals sound like you're having fun in here! :D Have you seen this pattern? bath puff pattern (http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring04/PATTbonbon.html) Looks cute.

punkhippiemom
08-24-2005, 04:45 PM
Ooh, that's cute! I thought I had seen everything on Knitty!
Are you going to join us, Mer?

Mer
08-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Hmm, I dunno. :thinking: I do have a half-finished discloth somewhere around that needs to be frogged and re-done. Perhaps if I get distracted from my numerous other projects I'll join in! :D

ekgheiy
08-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the link Mer!! Aww....C'mon - we just know you wanna join the STASHASSISSINATORS - *insert movie-trailer man's voice here* deadly with a double point, stunning with a straight and cunning with a cable ... *insert dramatic music here* The Stashassissnators!! ...

**insert evil, yet jolly laughter sound clip here**
:eyebrow: :lol:

KellyK
08-24-2005, 05:33 PM
EK...are you wearing a leotard with an A on the front, a cape and blue underwear over your tights??? You ARE, arent you? :rollseyes:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-24-2005, 10:04 PM
so THAT'S why you won't post any pictures of you!!!!!

Ingrid
08-24-2005, 10:09 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

ekgheiy
08-25-2005, 09:41 AM
EK...are you wearing a leotard with an A on the front, a cape and blue underwear over your tights??? You ARE, arent you? :rollseyes: :eyebrow: Ak'shully, my leotard and cape are a sexy, sassy shade of black. And the "A" ... well one side of the "A" runs up the back of my left leg, the other side runs up the back my right leg and the crossbar contours me pleasantly plump booty ... SASSY ... SIMPLY SASSY ... I'm a VIXEN!! :rofling:

ekgheiy
08-25-2005, 09:42 AM
so THAT'S why you won't post any pictures of you!!!!! 'zactly ... I can't give away my superhero'ette identity! :lol:

Ingrid
08-25-2005, 09:43 AM
:roflhard: Vixen? Is that another name for nut? :roflhard:

ekgheiy
08-25-2005, 09:44 AM
Now now, Ingrid. Don't be jealous. Jealously really doesn't become ya, dudette! :rofl:

ekgheiy
08-25-2005, 09:52 AM
Update: I've finished #4 and one stashball has been assassinated. Ha...ha...ha... :eyebrow: I decided to add another ball of stash to complete the cloth b/c w/o it, the cloth was just way too small. So I have a purple and turquoise cloth ready for the usin' ! It kinda looks like a color combo you'd find at ikea ... you know how they have some interesting color combos! ;)

Next on the assassinator's list: NUMBER 5 from the same book. I've already started it and have about 2" done! :cheering: I'm using the rest of the turquoise and anticipate the need to add the white stash ball to complete this one. My washcloth shelf is gonna have an assortment of colors on it!! :lol:

KellyK
08-25-2005, 10:59 AM
I WANT PICTURES! *stomps foot*

ekgheiy
08-25-2005, 11:03 AM
I WANT PICTURES! *stomps foot* :( :cry: :verysad: ...I'm tryin' Kel, but these baby blankets are sellin'... I guess my asking price is over their heads ... :verysad:

DotMom61
08-25-2005, 11:41 AM
Ooo Oooo!!! I'm knitting out of that same dishcloth book. I'm over 1/3 of the way through #4 (makin' a couple of 'em for my SIL who just moved), but I haven't had a lot of time to devote to it -- partly 'cause I'm making 5 Boogas and a Pie Are Square Shawl. Hmmm ... it might also have something to do w/ planning a birthday party, teaching my children, and the general run-around of dr's appts we have. Fortunately, all of the projects I'm working on can be toted along.

I do, however, need to do a little Stash Assassination, myself. It's beginning to take over the family room. And I just added two batches of yarn to it!! :shock: What was I thinking???

Man ... what am I doing on here!!?? :doh:

ekgheiy
08-25-2005, 11:47 AM
....I do, however, need to do a little Stash Assassination, myself. ... Um ... I believe the verb is astashination (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3419) :rofling:

KellyK
08-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Have you guys seen THIS SITE (http://www.jimsyldesign.com/~dishbout/kpatterns/knitting.html) with a MILLION (well, 5 pages, anyway) FREE dishcloth patterns? I hate to think of y'all spending your yarn money on patterns if ya dont need 'em!!

ekgheiy
08-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Oh GREAT!!! More choices??? :rollseyes: There are 16 patterns in this book and I had a hard time decided on *them*; now you give me more choices?? :lol: I'm not all bent about having bought my book. It's retail is $4.50 and I used a coupon 'cause I almost never pay full price for anything ... :thumbsup:

DotMom61
08-25-2005, 05:00 PM
Oh, yeah, I've seen that site. It made my head spin, and I saved several of them off to my hard drive. However, I also had a gift certificate for Hobby Lobby. They just looked like fun, too. I think I just needed a finite set to choose from, plus there are some challenging patterns in there that I've learned a lot from. Good practice. :)

DotMom61
08-25-2005, 05:01 PM
....I do, however, need to do a little Stash Assassination, myself. ... Um ... I believe the verb is astashination (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3419) :rofling:

Oh, sorry. I hate it when I use the wrong word. :oops:

ekgheiy
08-26-2005, 09:40 AM
Oh, sorry. I hate it when I use the wrong word. :oops: ;) We don't need not stinkin' dictionary! :thumbsup:

ekgheiy
08-26-2005, 01:34 PM
Update: I've about 7" of #5 licked and I think I have enough to make #5 all one color!!! :happydance: Man these things really do work up fast :rollseyes: At this rate, I'll run out of stashcotton before I can afford The Next Big Project. :doh: But then again, I've got plenty of stashacrylic ... what to do with it though ... what to do indeed ... SHUT UP EKGHEIY - one astashination at a time dang it!! :lol:

DotMom61
08-28-2005, 11:52 PM
Truth be told, I've got so much yarn lined up for projects right now, I don't have time to stashassinate. (Did I spell that right? :?? )

ekgheiy
08-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Truth be told, I've got so much yarn lined up for projects right now, I don't have time to stashassinate. (Did I spell that right? :?? ) No time to astashinate? Lucky gal! :lol:

ekgheiy
08-29-2005, 12:07 PM
Update: #5 is done is looking marvelous. So kewl... :happydance:

Well - my next choice of astashination is half astashination. I put my Sporty Hood (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3435) on the needles w/ some leftover yarn from my Knitty Kyoto sweater. It's not dyelotted, so I'll be able to get more yarn when/as I need it. :happydance:

So I'm still in the astashination game!

punkhippiemom
08-29-2005, 12:33 PM
I just finished my first washcloth, for my DH- he said he liked it, but he didn't use it :thinking: fuggedaboutit, I know I'll use it.
It turned out pretty well, I did it in seed stitch because I haven't done that before and I wanted to see how it came out, I really liked it. It had a really neat texture.
I haven't started yet on my cool Xmas scrubbie yet, but I have the ball of 'yarn' just about ready to go, I'll post a pic once I remember where my camera is
Geeze Ek, get a digicam already...How do we know you're really doing this stuff???

ekgheiy
08-29-2005, 02:53 PM
I just finished my first washcloth, for my DH- he said he liked it, but he didn't use it :thinking: fuggedaboutit, I know I'll use it.
It turned out pretty well, I did it in seed stitch because I haven't done that before and I wanted to see how it came out, I really liked it. It had a really neat texture.
I haven't started yet on my cool Xmas scrubbie yet, but I have the ball of 'yarn' just about ready to go, I'll post a pic once I remember where my camera is
Geeze Ek, get a digicam already...How do we know you're really doing this stuff??? Dudette - I gave my #4 to my mother. She says she'll use it, but I know she'll sit it on the shelf and won't let anyone (including herself) use it. :rollseyes: I understand she thinks that's a sign of honoring it, I guess. But ... well .... they're made to be used! *sigh*

Yes - I know - I'm starting to get a complex about this too w/ the digicam situation. My mother's old job had a digicam. So she took a pic of a sweater and blanket that I made so I could post it. Things were looking up on the pic posting circuit for ekgheiy; I sent the two projects with her to work and she'd email the pic to me ... blah blah blah. But then - Mother switch jobs :verysad:

punkhippiemom
08-29-2005, 03:25 PM
She says she'll use it, but I know she'll sit it on the shelf and won't let anyone (including herself) use it. I understand she thinks that's a sign of honoring it, I guess. But ... well .... they're made to be used! *sigh* I told Dh that if he wasn't going to use it, let me know and I'd give it to someone else.
"Oh, no, I'll use it!" he says
I tossed it to him in the shower, he hung it on the showerhead...I happened to peek in after he was out and the durn thing was barely wet. It's not because he 'honors' it, unfortunately. He could really care less about my knitting. Which is fine, I could really care less about golf and NASCAR, but I at least pretend to be interested, and even wear that dumb ol Dale Jr shirt he insisted I buy...
OK, I'm just irritated with him in general this weekend, and I tried to overcome that and make him something, and he got me all riled up again...

ekgheiy
08-29-2005, 03:28 PM
[...]OK, I'm just irritated with him in general this weekend, and I tried to overcome that and make him something, and he got me all riled up again... Okay - just breathe ... repeat after me ... knit two purl two knit two purl two knit two purl two ... breathe ... knit two purl two ... ;)

punkhippiemom
08-29-2005, 03:44 PM
:roflhard:
Ok, I think I'm better now...

ekgheiy
08-29-2005, 05:40 PM
:roflhard: Ok, I think I'm better now... **big hug** :thumbsup:

punkhippiemom
08-29-2005, 07:53 PM
I'm working off all my energy doing knitrobics -
"KNIT two three four, PURL two three four NOW TURN! Come on ladies, keep those needles up and elbows down...come on, again! KNIT two three four..."

Ingrid
08-29-2005, 08:06 PM
Don't forget the all important, aerobic yarn OVER. . .

ekgheiy
08-30-2005, 11:09 AM
I'm working off all my energy doing knitrobics -
"KNIT two three four, PURL two three four NOW TURN! Come on ladies, keep those needles up and elbows down...come on, again! KNIT two three four..." Don't forget the all important, aerobic yarn OVER. . . *ekgheiy wipes her brow* Phew ... anybody got some Gatorade? :lol:

Update: The back of my Sporty Hood is 8.5" long!! :happydance: And speaking of knitrobics ... knit two, purl two, kit two, c3f, c3b, purl two ... *ekgheiy wipes her brow* ... c3f, c3b, knit two ..... *insert exercise much here* :happydance:

punkhippiemom
08-31-2005, 12:31 AM
:thumbsup: get sweaty, girl!
You better get some kind of camera situation set up by the time you finish that, I gotta see it...ya know, some places will scan regular photos and put em on a CD for you, that's how I used to email pics before I got my camera...it's pretty cheap (you can get almost 1000 pics on one CD for abt. 4 bucks)...
Just some thoughts from your very interested fellow forum-goers....
OK, I'll admit it, I am drooling over that hoodie and want to revel in jealous admiration...
:verysad:

ekgheiy
08-31-2005, 10:02 AM
:thumbsup: get sweaty, girl!
You better get some kind of camera situation set up by the time you finish that, I gotta see it...ya know, some places will scan regular photos and put em on a CD for you, that's how I used to email pics before I got my camera...it's pretty cheap (you can get almost 1000 pics on one CD for abt. 4 bucks)...
Just some thoughts from your very interested fellow forum-goers....
OK, I'll admit it, I am drooling over that hoodie and want to revel in jealous admiration...
:verysad: Yep - someone told me about the scanning option a while back. ;) Don't think I'll need it though because .......... I heisted a digicam from my stepfather :cheering:. Of course there's a but coming ... BUT (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=39696#39696) ...

punkhippiemom
08-31-2005, 04:51 PM
Taps foot... still waiting... (http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/catOid/-13084/N/20013061+20013066+20013068+20013084/rpem/ccd/categorylist.do)

ekgheiy
08-31-2005, 05:17 PM
Taps foot... still waiting... (http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/catOid/-13084/N/20013061+20013066+20013068+20013084/rpem/ccd/categorylist.do) Holy Shiatzu!!! That was SSSSSooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflhard: My co-workers are probably wondering the what helladome's got me laughing sooo hard!!!! Great comedic timing hippiemom!!! Classic!! :rofling:

punkhippiemom
03-01-2006, 11:43 AM
I know that this is way old... but I have finished my astashination of wascloths...Now if only I could figure out what to do with this turquoise acrylic that I bought in a fit of penny-pinching - it was only .50/ball... I'm thinking doggy sweaters, and some baby hats/mitts/booties for the Compassionate KAL...

mintdee
03-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Thoes are pretty! I like the Pink and purple one a lot. :thumbsup:

I used to hate pink. Seriously. But once I started knitting I find myself liking pink more and more. :thinking: Go figure. :roflhard:

punkhippiemom
03-01-2006, 05:05 PM
I generally have a serious aversion to pink, too, but the yarn was bought for my niece's top, and I didn't think there would be enough for that, so most of it was used for a scarf, except for a tiny ball that was too small for anything except trim... or my cool soap sack ;) I' figure that way I can tell it from the one for DH, and my boys won't go within a mile of it (they have already formed a deep dislike for pink, as most young boys do :rollseyes: )

I was fondling some superlight pink lacette (http://www.patonsyarns.com/product.php?LGC=lacette&SPP=15) (I think it was 'hint of rose')in the store the other day... now that I could start to like :thinking:....

ekgheiy
03-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Aw - c'mon ... pink isn't *so* bad. :D I've recently come to love pink. I'm the only lady in my jiu-jitsu class. I wear pink to exentuate that fact ... pink bandanas, pink shirts ... pink long-johns ... The guys get a kick out of it! :roflhard:

JackieStar
03-26-2006, 01:32 PM
this is great for all that cheap 99c acrylic wool you picked up but it too scrachy to make clothes out of!

Its a picture file you could save on your computer (for personal use only of course) and its a bit fuzzy, if you've got a good eye or you can zoom in a bit with a picture editor or with the preview program in windows you can read it well. Its looks like you could just stitch eyes etc too if you wanted and fill it with what ever you want i heard very tighty pack newspaper works well.
It is a catalogue so it might be best to save it first and dont rely that it'll just be on the web i think they change thier catalouges every month or so. I've got it on my computer so email me if it moves jollrich@hotmail.com i'll email it back.

http://www.spotlight.com.au/shopping/vip/page6 yep it moved here:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/splayde/E17_06A_Inspire_pg06.jpg