PDA

View Full Version : aarrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

koolbreeze
08-30-2005, 09:27 PM
ok as some of you know i knitted a pair of booties that were too big. so i started on another pair on a size 8 needles... my frustion lies in the needles. is their a reason a pattern would call for 16in needles? because the needles that i used before were 16in and the ones i'm using now aren't. i don't know what they are BUT i can't pick up the stiches on the other side of the sole because i can't bend it around. i prolly didn't explain that very well but hopefully someone will know what i'm trying to say.! :pray: is there another way i can do it? maybe not knit in a round and just follow the dirctions straigt and then sew it together??? maybe... i know trust the pattern... maybe???

Ingrid
08-30-2005, 09:30 PM
Since the pattern was written for bigger shoes, maybe the 16's won't work. Maybe you can switch to dpns?

koolbreeze
08-30-2005, 09:33 PM
and ...... :shock:

Ingrid
08-30-2005, 09:35 PM
I guess I didn't understand. I thought 16 in circs wouldn't fit, so I thought if you broke it down on dpns you could get it around. No?

koolbreeze
08-30-2005, 09:39 PM
yes thats right... i'm asking you how to do that meaning and whats next! ;) i've never knitted on dpns just and I-cord!

Ingrid
08-30-2005, 09:41 PM
I couldn't possibly explain it clearly enough. Check out the video. It looks very impressive, but once you know how to knit, it's not difficult, at all.

I assumed since you made needles, you used them too! :roflhard:

koolbreeze
08-30-2005, 09:46 PM
:D you know what... i don't know why i made those. i needed them for some project by got side tracked and started something else! :doh:
ok i'm going to watch the movie. thanks for you help... i mean video!

Ellen Edwards
08-31-2005, 01:22 AM
I had that trouble and I just grabbed another needle that size and picked up the stitches, put them on the circs and went on til I had to pick up more and did the same thing again; I hope that made sense. I just didn't feel like I had the room to pick up stitches with the circs so I used a single straight one to pick them up and knitted them from that onto the circs. :happydance:

koolbreeze
08-31-2005, 09:58 AM
ha ha... funny you should say that because i didn't have enough #8 dpns so i used me circs!!!! great minds think alike! :thumbsup:

Ellen Edwards
08-31-2005, 08:55 PM
AHA! Kool! Very cool--when you got it, you got it! ;)