PDA

View Full Version : Way OT: Sudoku

GlenBoRTR
09-08-2005, 06:38 PM
Has anyone played Sudoku (http://www.sudoku.name/play-sudoku-en.php?a=online-games)??? Has anyone even HEARD of Sudoku?? It's very addictive, and a lot of fun.
:thumbsup:

knitqueen
09-08-2005, 06:43 PM
My parents play it and love it. They subscribe to some online version of it.

Ingrid
09-08-2005, 09:38 PM
I know some people who are addicted to it. I don't have time for another addiction!

ekgheiy
09-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Nah - never heard of it. Looks frustrating though :lol:

bubba
09-09-2005, 03:12 PM
It is very addicting!! The newspaper here just started publishing one daily in the paper about a month ago. I have found on the internet websudoku.com....if you go there, you can choose the difficulty of the puzzle and work it right on line. You can even check your progress on the puzzle, once it is completely done (it even times you!).

And not to brag or anything, but.....my 10 yr old grandson was up last week and he saw these puzzles while we were visiting his granny in the hospital. He completed a very easy, and also an easy one all by himself! I have to say, I was very impressed. I printed several off the computer for him that he took home to work on.

I've read they are quite the rage in Japan.

pat.

GlenBoRTR
09-09-2005, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the other web site Pat... I'll definately check it out!!

BTW... Your grandson must be REALLY smart!! I had trouble getting the easy puzzles finished at first!!

bubba
09-09-2005, 05:01 PM
:heart: I like to think he is! I was quite proud of him....he saw the puzzle while looking thru the paper, and I offered to explain it to him, which took one time and about 30 seconds...and he was off! He was so pleased w/himself, which made it even better!

pat, the impartial one...hahahahaha!

sogrammatical
09-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Oh wow! These are Latin Squares! We did stuff with them in my math class last semester. I, however, found them to be more frustrating than entertaining.

Math games forever!

bekahdrmom
09-12-2005, 02:02 PM
I LOVE Sudoku!!! I even have a link for it posted on my blog :lol: I've tried a few different sites, but my favorite is this (http://www.sudoku.name/play-sudoku-en.php?a=puzzle) one. I love it b/c you can choose the level of play, mark mode, and you can even use the upper left corners of the squares for really small font numbers...to help you figure out any that have you stumped. That makes it a lot easier, I find. Thanks for the thread :thumbsup:

Edit: Whoops, that's the same link :rollseyes: Guess it just goes to show you...it's a good one ;)