PDA

View Full Version : gift idea for someone in the hospital

Miss_Knit
09-10-2005, 10:33 PM
I need a gift idea for my dad who is in the hospital. I'm a beginner but I'd like to man him something that he can have while he is there. I thought about a scarf, but i dont know if he really needs one in a hospital, it's not like he can leave and work around outside with it.

Ingrid
09-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Some warm socks or slippers? A blanket to put over his shoulders? A nice washcloth if it's hot in the hospital, maybe.

InterNette
09-11-2005, 09:48 AM
knitted slippers would be wonderful if they arent slippery on the bottom. A nice bookmark and a book, If he wears glasses and so on, could make like a kinda scarf with pockets so he would have glasses, pens, tissues, etc all at within reach. A knitted stuffed teddy bear, who wouldnt love one of those? A knitted flower pot cover with a nice plant inside. A heart shaped knitted pillow or any shape for that matter. A knitted little keepsake box filled with hard candy. Oh I can go on and on sometimes.

Ellen Edwards
09-12-2005, 02:42 PM
GREAT IDEAS EVERYONE--I THINK IF YOUR DAD GETS ANYTHING FROM YOU--HE'S GONNA LOVE IT JUST BECAUSE IT CAME FROM YOUR HEART :heart: AND YOUR HANDS!! :heart: :thumbsup: