PDA

View Full Version : Where to post a knitting club notice?

joyt
09-12-2005, 12:14 PM
I want to respect this forum, which has been so helpful to me.

I am trying to start a knitting club in my area and do not know where/if I could/should post a notice in the forum.

Please advise.
warm regards,
joyt

kemp
09-12-2005, 12:39 PM
I'm not sure about here, but two great places to post about groups and/or look for them is meetup.com and groups.yahoo.com

Ellen Edwards
09-12-2005, 02:37 PM
AND IF YOU WANTED TO DO SOMETHING MORE LOCAL, POST SOMETHING ON THE BULLETIN BOARD AT YOUR LIBRARY--THERE'S ONE THAT MEETS ONCE A MONTH HERE--BUT I HAVEN'T CHECKED INTO IT YET. I DON'T KNOW WHETHER I CAN SCHEDULE ANOTHER MEETING RIGHT NOW! :XX:

joyt
09-12-2005, 04:30 PM
I have started a Yahoo Group. I have also posted on CraigsList. I will check out meetup.com. I will also look into posting something in my library.

Greatly Appreciated!
joyt

foldedbird
09-13-2005, 07:55 PM
Don't forget schools, churches, the rec center, coffee shops, and any other places people meet!

foldedbird
09-13-2005, 07:57 PM
OH yeah, and almost all LYS will let you post a flyer for a knitting group! It really helps if you start your question with: "I buy most of my project yarns here, and I would love to meet other customers who knit so we can use your lovely yarns in a project together..." or something to that effect.