PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to attack the Lacey from Knitty.com

misstialouise
09-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Not being a huge fan of fluffy mohair, I have bought some gorgeous soft baby merino in a 4 ply in a lovely beige/cream colour.

I have my 5mm and 8mm needles ready to go and I can't WAIT :D

I'm just swatching up the lace (to swatch and to practice the pattern) so I can block it tonight to make sure the size will come out the same.

WOO! My first wearable!

KellyK
09-13-2005, 08:51 PM
YAYYYYY!!! Make sure to post lots of progress pics!

misstialouise
09-13-2005, 08:55 PM
YAYYYYY!!! Make sure to post lots of progress pics!

I'll be setting up my blog this week/weekend.. so I'll have LOTS of pics ...

misstialouise
09-14-2005, 01:42 AM
I'm going to be incorporating pearl beads into the ribbed part of the shrug.. so... which would look better (I have to change it from a 2/2 to a 3/1 rib).

Pearl being slightly hidden in the pearl part of the rib (hehe.. just got that).. so that when it's on it's a 'glimpse'.. OR

Putting the pearl in the same place, but having it 3pearl 1 knit stitch rib and have the pearl in a prominent position on the cuff?

I'm leaning towards the glimpse of pearl.... but....

thoughts?

ekgheiy
09-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Go'head cowgirl!!! Yeehaw!!! :happydance:

So um ... :shifty: :oops: pearl beads?? You mean actually knitting with beads made of pearl? Or are ya talking about a fancy purl st? :?? :oops:

I've seen a lot of patterns for knitting /w beads, but none have been something I would actually wear. :( One of these days though, I will knit w/ beads... :mrgreen:

misstialouise
09-14-2005, 06:58 PM
So um ... :shifty: :oops: pearl beads?? You mean actually knitting with beads made of pearl? Or are ya talking about a fancy purl st? :?? :oops:

I've seen a lot of patterns for knitting /w beads, but none have been something I would actually wear. :( One of these days though, I will knit w/ beads... :mrgreen:

Oh, I mean knitting with beads. Not *real* pearls of course, just pearl like beads...

I think i'm gonna go with the glimpse, as I re read the pattern and it's a 1/1 rib, which makes it easier :D.