PDA

View Full Version : new chicago knitting store

kemp
09-16-2005, 02:47 AM
Hey all you Chicagoans...

I ran across this on a blog today: Loopy Yarn opened in the south Chicago loop last week. The address is 719 S. State Street

I am SURE you all already know about it, but just in case :)

She also posted some pics of the store HERE (http://passionknit.typepad.com/weblog/)

KellyK
09-16-2005, 03:17 AM
I did NOT know about that....will have to tell DBosses dtr who lives within WALKING distance, the STRUMPETFLOOZYHARLOT!

kemp
09-16-2005, 08:34 AM
Wouldn't that be great...walking distance of a yarn store? I'd become a STRUMPETFLOOZYHARLOT to be able to do that!

Guess you weren't sleeping last night either??? :verysad:

Sara
09-16-2005, 11:13 AM
I live within walking distance of my lys! Ouch! Quit throwing stuff at me!

:rofling:

kemp
09-16-2005, 11:24 AM

STRUMPETFLOOZYHARLOT!!!!!!

Sara
09-16-2005, 11:26 AM
Na-na-na-na-NA-na!

:roflhard:

Sara
09-16-2005, 11:29 AM
:shock: But soon there'll be 8 feet of snow on the bridge over the creek! I'm gonna have to buy snowshoes!

kemp
09-16-2005, 11:33 AM
yeah, yeah, that will make it harder, blah, blah, blah...STILL within walking distance though!

KellyK
09-16-2005, 12:17 PM
In MY day we used to walk to our LYS's UPHILL, in the SNOW, BAREFOOT, BOTH WAYS!

We LIKE "Strumpetfloozyharlot", do we??

Nope - wasnt sleeping last night.....was up from 2-something til 5:45. :(

Sara
09-16-2005, 12:54 PM
Aww, KK, all teasing aside, I am sorry for your insomnia. When DH worked out of town, I never really got more than a couple hours a night.

That said--
Maybe you should take a nap while I trot on over to my LYS! :lol:

And we do like STRUMPETFLOOZYHARLOT a great deal! But is it wise to refer to your boss' daughter as such when your board member may be lurking around? :hiding: Oh, that's right, she knits. She HAS to be cool. :lol:

KellyK
09-16-2005, 01:34 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my bosses dtr...she would understand and invite me to "strumpate" right along with her! :lol:

kemp
09-16-2005, 01:50 PM
yep, I am quite fond of STRUMPETFLOOZYHARLOT...I plan on working it into conversation as much as possible!

I was up last night too! Slept on the *&&^%(! surgery shoulder wrong on Wed. night and it never worked itself out all day. I tried to go to bed but it was impossible to be comfortable. HATE it when I don't sleep! I would go nuts if I had insomnia on a regular basis.

Licensed2Cook
09-18-2005, 09:59 AM
That blog belongs to two of my favorite knitting friends :heart: If you scroll down you can see a picture of the yarn I bought at the Wisconsin FiberFest :D

They all work in the city so this shop is a bonus for them and makes me a bit jealous because I haven't been there yet and can't join in the lunchtime fun.

Ingrid
09-18-2005, 10:05 AM

If I lived within walking distance of a nice LYS, I'd have to learn to walk everywhere since I'd end up having to sell my car to pay my yarn bill. :rollseyes: