PDA

View Full Version : Someone please make me understand....

ekgheiy
09-21-2005, 05:31 PM
Someone please make me understand why Karabella (www.karabellayarns.com) charges $50 for a CATALOGUE!!! :shock: :?? WFT?

KellyK
09-21-2005, 05:36 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!! :shock:

It had better contain the whole of every pattern ever WRITTEN for that price! And, it should come with BATTERIES!

Ingrid
09-21-2005, 05:37 PM
That's ridiculous! I did notice that they wanted company name and address. Maybe it's for retailers.

Stupid, in my opinion!

ekgheiy
09-21-2005, 05:43 PM
TOTALLY!! I was clickin' about at all their patterns and such, then came across the catalog link and was like, "Oh goodie! I'll take a catalog."

hahaha .... well .... in short, YEAH RIGHT!!! I've still got my interchangeables on the to-get list!! :lol:

KellyK
09-21-2005, 05:44 PM
I think we should send them an email and ask WHY!!

ekgheiy
09-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Yes, why ... why ... WHY?? *ekgheiy beats the floor w/ closed fists and tears in her eyes* Whyyyyy?

sob....sob.....

ekgheiy
09-21-2005, 05:58 PM
:rollseyes: I just sent an email to them. Apparently the whole world is wondering about that fifty bucks 'cause they've exceeded their email quota. *sigh.
:lol:

mintdee
09-21-2005, 06:28 PM
Yea It does need batteries because it vibrates! Really!

Sorry I really had to... Seriously though $50.00? :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

ekgheiy
09-21-2005, 06:32 PM
[...] Sorry I really had to... Seriously though $50.00? :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: Yep - seriously. Go to the website and click on the catalog link. Just put #1 into the quantity field and watch the badboy's total spike to five'OH!!!

Whoa - I'm dizzy, man... :lol:

GlenBoRTR
09-21-2005, 07:04 PM
I guess they need the extra money for their spiffy web site!

KellyK
09-21-2005, 08:27 PM
I've seen spiffier......

And, YES, Mintdee....that's what I was ALLUDING to without actually SAYING it. :roflhard:

mintdee
09-21-2005, 08:28 PM
hehee its wayyy more fun to say it :rofling:

BinkyKat
09-21-2005, 11:56 PM
Uhhhh-buuuhhhh???!!!
:shock:

DotMom61
09-22-2005, 12:32 AM

HEY! You stole my reply! I was going to say that exact same thing ... well, almost ... I wasn't going to say "spiffy." I was going to say "fancy."

Anyway, can't wait to hear the explanation for this one. Jeez.

wildforyarn
09-22-2005, 09:03 AM
I e-mailed them and got this response:

Thank you for your request

We charge a nominal fee of $50 because we only sell wholesale and do not offer our catalog to retail customers. If you are a wholesaler a $50 credit will appear on your account upon placing of your initial order.

So, apparently you can't get the catalog unless you are a wholesaler. That's pooey!

gimmesanity
09-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Doesn't "nominal" mean like a small amount? :?? I wonder how big this catalogue is that $50 is considered cheap....

Julie
09-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Sounds to me like it is one of those big binders I have seen at my LYS with color cards in it for all of the yarn lines. I have a vendor -- not yarn, a different kind of wholesaler -- who worked like that (you buy the big binder for $50 and it is credited to you when you order) and it seemed pretty standard.

If that's what it is...they shouldn't call it a "catalog" though... :doh:

AidanM
09-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Sounds to me like it is one of those big binders I have seen at my LYS with color cards in it for all of the yarn lines. I have a vendor -- not yarn, a different kind of wholesaler -- who worked like that (you buy the big binder for $50 and it is credited to you when you order) and it seemed pretty standard.

If that's what it is...they shouldn't call it a "catalog" though... :doh:
Yeah. They should call it A Big Fat Binder O' Yarn. Sounds niftier too.

koolbreeze
09-22-2005, 11:41 AM
hey ekg~ you should check out ebay for your interchangeables too. the sell them for half the price sometimes than Hobby Lobby and Micheals and more than half than Joanns. is anyone eles relizing that Joanns is pricer (is that a word? :?? ) than most craft stores... i noticed that they even cost more than Hobby Lobby. i was always under the impression that Hobby Lobby cost more... :thinking:

ekgheiy
09-22-2005, 01:43 PM
hey ekg~ you should check out ebay for your interchangeables too. [...] I .... loathe .... E ... bay ... :help: But thanks for that thought :mrgreen: It should be too much longer before I get my inter'Cs though. I've resigned to the fact that Joann's is not going to send me another 50% off coupon. 40% off is all I get ... :verysad:
*sigh

Silver
09-22-2005, 01:52 PM
I hate to break it to them, but their site is full of gratuitous crap. It's a site that says "look how cool our site is" instead of "look at how wonderful our yarn is". ;)

brendajos
09-22-2005, 02:07 PM
hey ekg~ you should check out ebay for your interchangeables too. [...] I .... loathe .... E ... bay ... :help: But thanks for that thought :mrgreen: It should be too much longer before I get my inter'Cs though. I've resigned to the fact that Joann's is not going to send me another 50% off coupon. 40% off is all I get ... :verysad:
*sigh

psssssssssssssssssst.....off of currentcodes.com...

SEPA550 Good until 10/31/05

and here are the restrictions...i don't see needles listed...

Discount is taken off the regular price of the item. Offer excludes Grace Company, Electric Quilt Company, Waverly(R) and Crop In Style(R) products; Madeira(R), Sulky and Gutermann thread sets; Singer(R) accessories; Framed Art & Mirrors; irons; dressforms; sewing machines; sergers; embroidery machines; sewing cabinets; software; embroidery cards; die cut machines & accessories; the purchase of Jo-Ann Gift Cards and magazine subscriptions. Additional exclusions may apply. Offer cannot be combined with other offers and is limited to available online stock; no rain checks will be issued. Promotion code can only be used once per person, cannot be combined with other promotion codes and cannot be used on past Joann.com purchases.

brendajos
09-22-2005, 02:09 PM
oh btw...that is a 50% code

ekgheiy
09-22-2005, 02:41 PM
[...] psssssssssssssssssst.....off of currentcodes.com...

SEPA550 Good until 10/31/05
[...] :drool: OOOoooooo

KellyK
09-22-2005, 03:02 PM
Bren is the QUEEN of codes! :notworthy:

DotMom61
09-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Here's some software @ JoAnn's for those of you who are mathematically challenged:

http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?CATID=82333&PRODID=81688

:-D maybe I should get it, too!!

Julie
09-22-2005, 04:55 PM
I have that software! I've been using it on the sweater I'm making, to calculate all of my decreases. It is sooo cool! :cheering:

DotMom61
09-22-2005, 05:48 PM
I was wondering if it's worth the $$!! Thanks, Julie!

ekgheiy
09-22-2005, 05:54 PM
Here's some software @ JoAnn's for those of you who are mathematically challenged: http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?CATID=82333&PRODID=81688
:-D maybe I should get it, too!! :drooling: :drooling: :thumbsup: