PDA

View Full Version : OT: D(ang)H makes me so MAD!!!

bekahdrmom
10-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Okay, I've been gone for about a week and apparently I've missed A LOT...all of which I'd love to comment on. ('Specially the bananas :roflhard: )

But for now, I need to vent about DH (use whatever negative adjective starting with "d" there)! Okay, he sells stuff on eBay and has done the abominable...he's used my and his brother's eBay accounts to shill bid. (Don't worry, I had no clue what that meant until I got the suspension notice from eBay.) Apparently, he was using our accounts to bid on his items to get the price up :shock: And now, both I and his brother are suspended from eBay for a week!!! Can we say I'm P'd???

Oh well, at least I had just paid for everything I was gonna buy...and he's reeeeeally suckin up to me now ;)

KellyK
10-12-2005, 10:47 AM
BAD!!! BAD DH!!!!!!! :mad:

I always wondered if people did that....

bekahdrmom
10-12-2005, 10:51 AM
And you know what the worst part is? When I told him, he was just like, "Oh, that sux. Well do you want me to bid on anything for you?" (He's not suspended somehow.)

:evil:

knitting4babybear
10-12-2005, 10:56 AM
And you know what the worst part is? When I told him, he was just like, "Oh, that sux. Well do you want me to bid on anything for you?" (He's not suspended somehow.)

:evil:

:( I won't call him names (cuz hes your DH, not mine :) ) but I see why you're mad. Reputation is everything on ebay.

rebecca
10-12-2005, 11:05 AM
I didn't know that was possible, although it does make sense now that you've explained it...I would never have thought of it. Shame on DH, send him to be without supper, for sure :mad:

knitting4babybear
10-12-2005, 11:06 AM
:( And reputation is everything on ebay.... :(

How did ebay find out tho? I'm almost certain there are sellers that have done that to me.

bekahdrmom
10-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Hmm, I think he'll be sent to bed without a lot more than that. For a week! I'm still fuming over it!

I wonder how I should work this payback though...maybe dinner and a movie. :thinking:

Any ideas?

koolbreeze
10-12-2005, 11:20 AM
i've heard of that. but the way i heard it done is if the price wasn't high enogh end the auction was almost over then get a friend to bid on it to keep the other from getting it then when the friend wind put it up for acution again.

but yeah shame on him. luckily its only for a week!

knitting4babybear
10-12-2005, 11:23 AM
Hmm, I think he'll be sent to bed without a lot more than that. For a week! I'm still fuming over it!

I wonder how I should work this payback though...maybe dinner and a movie. :thinking:

Any ideas?

YARN!!!!!!!!!!!

:oops:

:shock: Sorry was I loud?

:roflhard:

aprildavis99
10-12-2005, 11:24 AM
WHAT A CRYING SHAME!!!

I also have a D(arn)H story. I am almost done with my cardigan. I just needed to finish the right front panel and then put it together. I had it sitting on the bed. I got called into work that night and forgot all about it. DH carelessly flung the blankets back off the bed and my needles flew off. The needle somehow slipped OUT!!. But that's not the worst. He just left it on the floor and my dog decided that she was going to spread all the loose yarn from one end of the house to the other!!!!! I got home and the guts of my sweater were spread everywhere and all DH could say was "I'm sure you could find the stitches again."

Yeah, after the dog frogged it almost to the beginning!!!

Chanting: For better or worse..for better or worse...for better or worse...

:rollseyes:

bekahdrmom
10-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Chanting: For better or worse..for better or worse...for better or worse...

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

I was just talking to a friend last night about how much work marriage is, and how sometimes you really just have to grit your teeth and push through. But seriously, sometimes I think I'm gonna grind my teeth to nothin!

Vendie
10-12-2005, 11:47 AM
OHHH!! you poor girls!! I would be sooooo stinkin mad if either of those happened to me!

Usually though when the dog has gotten ahold of my knitting, it's my own darn fault. :roflhard:

aprildavis99
10-12-2005, 11:48 AM
I am making an appt. with the dentist this very moment for a mouth guard to protect those precious molars. They won't last the next 50 years at this rate :rollseyes:

bekahdrmom
10-12-2005, 11:51 AM
I totally understand the feeling! Ahh how wonderful is :heart:

aprildavis99
10-12-2005, 11:58 AM
Usually though when the dog has gotten ahold of my knitting, it's my own darn fault. :roflhard:

:roflhard: :roflhard:
That happens to me too, but I am not about to start a thread berating myself HELLOOOO! DH is just the perfect scapegoat b/c he is oblivious to all things yarn. Plus, guilt is a great tool to add to my never-quite big-enough yarn stash.. :devil:

:XX: April

bekahdrmom
10-12-2005, 11:59 AM
Oh, you're Good!

liznwillow
10-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Ohhhhhh, I would be FUMING over BOTH of those instances. That's just terrible!

dustinac
10-12-2005, 04:34 PM
ohhh dh would have one hot dw if either of those had happened to me and he didn't get suspended?? :rollseyes:

liznwillow
10-12-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm really surprised he didn't get suspended too!

beldaraan
10-13-2005, 12:26 AM
That is all wrong bek. It is such a violation of your identity and I have to stop here. I'm really sorry. There would be no amount of yarn or sucking up to atone for what he did. :(

InterNette
10-13-2005, 09:19 AM
I am a large ebayer and the doll clubs I belong to , some of these people pay in the thousand for dolls and shill bidding isnt hard to catch. Many people keep track of movement , addresses and so on. I have seen whole groups track and monitor for shill bidding and a lot of them get caught. It isnt as easy to get way with as people think. You really tick off a buyer and he suspects shilling he will track and turn you in the first mistake you make, plus ebay isnt dumb, they can track ip addresses and so on. I had a supposive friend send me a post for a ooak doll she knew i had always admired of hers, instead of selling to me she sent me an ebay listing and then proceeded to shill me. she must have thought I was stupid.I didnt bid, Within an hour of her winning it herself she offered to sell it to me. I should have turned her in, but instead my collector friends watched the whole thing and caught her again. bay caught her as well, her name is dirt on most doll boards and she isnt welcome nor doing the amount of business she once was anymore. I think she is up to her 6th screen name in a one year period.
That is all I should say as well on this topic. Good luck

Ellen Edwards
10-14-2005, 11:04 PM
Wow--I always wondered if sellers could jack the price up somehow or the other. But for YOU to get suspended and him NOT?? I'd be really really p.o.'d about that!! :shock:

feministmama
10-15-2005, 01:29 PM
I am almost done with my cardigan. I just needed to finish the right front panel and then put it together. I had it sitting on the bed. I got called into work that night and forgot all about it. DH carelessly flung the blankets back off the bed and my needles flew off. The needle somehow slipped OUT!!. But that's not the worst. He just left it on the floor and my dog decided that she was going to spread all the loose yarn from one end of the house to the other!!!!! I got home and the guts of my sweater were spread everywhere and all DH could say was "I'm sure you could find the stitches again."

Isn't this illegal in some states? I'd call the cops on him. (the knitting cops that is!) :doh:

aprildavis99
10-15-2005, 08:02 PM
I don't think so. He would just l :heart: ve to be bound by knitted hand cuffs or any cuffs for that matter. That would not be a punishment, but a reward. But believe me, he gets an evil look :evil: whenever he walks by me and I am trying to resuscitate (sp) my poor poor helpless sweater panel. :frog: :verysad: :frog:

"911!!! My husband's a murderer....and don't tell me a sweater is only a piece of clothing!"

:roflhard: April