PDA

View Full Version : Random Post that has nothing to do with knitting!

moonsingingfreak
10-12-2005, 09:49 PM
I'm sorry to be posting this since it has nothing to do with knitting, but I am so excited! I just booked my trip to Cuba with my BF and I have never been ANYWHERE before! I am just so excited that I want to tell everyone in my universe! Here's some info: http://www.sunwing.ca/hotel/showhotel.asp?id=VRABRJ&phone=4166203380&type=P

KellyK
10-12-2005, 11:38 PM
THAT'S AWESOME!!!! DH and I were watching a documentary not too long ago about the AMAZING Cuban wildlife....it's BEAUTIFUL there!

And, dont worry about it being OT...I was ALL OVER this place when I went to Costa Rica in June.... ;)

liznwillow
10-13-2005, 01:28 PM
Ohhhh... CAN I COME?? How fun! I'm jealous. I'm trying to plan our summer trip for next year and believe I've found where we'll be going. Yucatan Peninsula (mexico) in a very quaint little town called Puerto Morelos outside of Cancun. We don't want to stay anywhere too touristy and basically want to just sit on the beach. So, we found this place.

http://www.casitaluna.com/

They rent a 3-room condo for $150 a night! :happydance:

Sorry to take over your thread - I'm really excited for you!!

kemp
10-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Cool trip! I'll be interested to hear what you think when you get back.

MaryB
10-13-2005, 02:10 PM
These sounds like fantastic trips. We should start a travel blog. My husband and I just returned from Italy. What a beautiful country! Planning these adventures is half the fun. :thumbsup:

kemp
10-13-2005, 02:12 PM
OMG we went to Italy in April and I just LOVED it!

liznwillow
10-13-2005, 04:26 PM
Ohhhh. Italy is my dream vacation!

MaryB
10-13-2005, 04:44 PM
Yes, it was a dream. Should have stayed longer, two weeks was not nearly enough to do what we wanted to do. But, we loved everything we saw and did-----and ate!!

kemp
10-13-2005, 04:52 PM
Ditto!

InterNette
10-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Oh Mary post some pics. I havent been to Italy and would love to go. My friends just returned from Poland and I was suppose to go as well, so I am feeling sad I havent gotten a trip it, I need to see pics and get all excited again. What region did you go to?

MaryB
10-13-2005, 05:49 PM
We were in Florence, Sienna, Assissi and Rome. Florence was by far my favorite. Assissi was beautiful and so old world. Rome was busy and hectic, but so moving.

I was just down loading the pictures into the computer. If I ever figure out how to add them here I will. This could be a challenge---don't hold your breathe! :?? :thinking: :??

kemp
10-13-2005, 05:51 PM
Mary...I wish I would've know you were going...I could have directed you to the BEST yarn store ever. I came home with a giant bag of yarn :heart: :heart: :heart:

MaryB
10-13-2005, 05:56 PM
I was looking for the yarn shop you mentioned. The people at the hotel finally gave ne directions the day we were leaving Florence. Too bad the rest of the group wasn't into knitting. No stopping!

I did buy some yarn in Assissi-----nice, but nothing special. So now I have that money to spend at LYS. :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

kemp
10-13-2005, 06:04 PM
It was a little difficult to find, but definitely worth it. Sounds like you had a great time anyway. Didn't even need yarn with all the fantastic food, sights, etc. But it was right by the Duomo so it wasn't really out of our way. Besides, I only had DH to deal with, and he lets me get away with so much..even a yarn store on our Italian vaction. Mio marito eccellente!