PDA

View Full Version : Hi my name's Lisa

Dynasty
10-13-2005, 12:13 PM
I'm new to knitting also. I'm finding it a tad overwhelming lol. I knew how to knit and purl a long time ago, but just now decided to actually learn how to make something... I didn't realize how hard I'd find it. I was always told "all you have to know is how to knit and purl" , I see now, that's not the case. This site is awsome thank you!!! I haven't been through the whole site yet, but I'm sure I'll find what I'm looking for.
Good Luck to all and thanks again for this useful site...job well done:)

jodstr2
10-13-2005, 12:24 PM
:cheering: welcome and hello!!! :cheering:

susies1955
10-13-2005, 12:43 PM
Hi Lisa,
I'm new too. I started on the 1st of October. I too was told at my first class that all there was to it was knit and purl and I had just knitted a few rows and the gal said "There, you know half of what there is to know". How untrue. It is overwhelming for us newbies BUT we want to learn so we WILL learn and as time goes on it will get easier and easier. It will become second nature. I'm sure of it.
I've already learned why I might be picking up extra stitches. Not sure yet why I lose some though. LOL.
We will get it, you just hang in there with me and the other newbies and this awesome forum. They are so fast here about helping.
The videos have helped me out many times all ready in just this short time.
Susie

bekahdrmom
10-13-2005, 12:43 PM
Hi Lisa! You'll :heart: it here! It's the perfect place for newbies to learn and...S&B ;)

KellyK
10-13-2005, 01:09 PM
Hi Lisa! :waving:

After you check through all those videos, dont be afraid to ask some questions.....we've got some fannntastic awesome people here!!

brendajos
10-13-2005, 01:16 PM
:waving:

margie
10-13-2005, 01:54 PM
Welcome, Lisa!! :waving:

Joel
10-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Welcome to the forums Lisa!

:thumbsup:

koolbreeze
10-13-2005, 03:36 PM
:waving: :waving:

Ingrid
10-13-2005, 03:47 PM
Hi Lisa! :waving:

sogrammatical
10-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Hi, my name's Lisa too! Nice to meet you!

abbygail
10-13-2005, 08:59 PM
Hi Lisa,

My name is Evelyn and I am new to knitting too. I took a four evening course and didn't learn much. I don't think the teacher was very helpful. I ordered the CDs and I am hoping they will help because I am determined to learn to knit. Right now I am not able to put more than a row on as my stitches get too tight. I don't know what I am doing wrong but I will keep at it.

I am happy to find other new knitters here.

Evelyn

abbygail
10-13-2005, 09:01 PM
Hi Lisa,

My name is Evelyn and I am new to knitting too. I took a four evening course and didn't learn much. I don't think the teacher was very helpful. I ordered the CDs and I am hoping they will help because I am determined to learn to knit. Right now I am not able to put more than a row on as my stitches get too tight. I don't know what I am doing wrong but I will keep at it.

Evelyn

SoapDoc
10-13-2005, 10:50 PM
Welcome, Lisa! I am sure you'll love it here :) :waving:

And you will be surprised how quickly you will catch on once you start practicing, I never thought I would be able to do it, but with the help of this site and Silver's awesome sock tutorial I am the proud mother to many a finished pair of socks and a bazillion scarves! As another famous knitter says, if I can do you, you can do it too!!

SoapDoc
10-13-2005, 10:59 PM
Right now I am not able to put more than a row on as my stitches get too tight. I don't know what I am doing wrong but I will keep at it.

Welcome, Evelyn!! :waving:

I had the same problem, but thankfully it's one that is easily fixed with practice, practice, practice! Before you know it, you'll get the tension thing down :)

Good luck!! :thumbsup:

Ingrid
10-13-2005, 11:08 PM
Hi Lisa,

Right now I am not able to put more than a row on as my stitches get too tight. I don't know what I am doing wrong but I will keep at it.

Evelyn

Welcome to the forum! This is certainly the place to learn. While you wait for your CD's-check out the videos--If you're getting your stitches too tight, you might be doing them through the back loops or some other way that's messing you up.. Even tight knitters can get more than one row done! Make sure you're not tightening up each stitch. Just go with the flow.

rebecca
10-13-2005, 11:20 PM
:notworthy: How do you do, Lisa? It's very good to have yet another new knitter with us :D. I started knitting in June 2004, so I've not been knitting for a long time, either! But, you will find that after you play around with needles & yarn for a while that it will just be 2nd nature to you ;) !! Look forward to getting to know you!

dustinac
10-14-2005, 08:42 AM
:waving: Welcome!! :D

loofnicnad
10-15-2005, 02:35 AM
Welcome Lisa,

I was confuzed before I found KH. This site will instruct and inspire you!!

Happy knitting,

loof

aprildavis99
10-15-2005, 04:09 AM
Welcome Lisa,

I was confuzed before I found KH. This site will instruct and inspire you!!

Happy knitting,

loof

DITTO :thumbsup:
Welcome and good luck, Lisa ;)

:XX: April

Ingrid
10-15-2005, 09:57 AM

feministmama
10-15-2005, 11:55 AM
welcome :waving: :XX: