PDA

View Full Version : What would we do without INGRID??

Jackie M.
10-14-2005, 05:09 PM
No matter what my questions are, and to an experienced knitter they must seem simple, Ingrid is always there and comes to the rescue. Thank you Ingrid! Between you and Amy's videos, I have come a long way and learning more every day. I made the jump from scarf and hat to knitting my first cardigan for my 15 month old granddaughter. When it's finished, I might even post a picture :XX:

Ingrid
10-14-2005, 05:12 PM
:blush: You're sweet! And believe me, I love doing this! You'd BETTER post a picture of your first sweater!

Vendie
10-14-2005, 05:21 PM
I think we need to rename the How-To Questions section of the Forum to "ASK INGRID"

Can I get an Amen?

brendajos
10-14-2005, 05:23 PM
well i know i might get to answer a question once in a while!!

*stomp!*

:rofling:

heh...actually as much as i didn't like her answer the other day i have always been very appreciative of her help (btw...that flapper hat was the evil twisted circ project!) and she is great for comic relief!!

:thumbsup:

KellyK
10-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Who wants to be the President of the Ingy Fan Club?? I could write a theme song & we could have an.....

.......are you ready for this?

:happydance: ING-A-LONG!!!!!!! :happydance:

MaryS
10-14-2005, 05:37 PM
Kelly,

I'll join you in your ING-A-LONG! :roflhard: :roflhard:

Mary

Julie
10-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Seriously...it's like having a knitting teacher on call. Thanks Ingrid!! :D

InterNette
10-14-2005, 06:17 PM
Ingrid is a wonderful person. She has helped so many , she is always answer posts, never ignores a plea for help and without her I never would have completed my oregon tote. Ingrid you are a true ambassador or goodwill and friendship on this board. Your posts are humorous, kind and you make everyone feel they can do it when inside they think maybe they can't. You have kept newbis from giving up and have inspired us to move onto more projects and feel more confident. I thank you Ingrid for your help, kindness and I like you too.

InterNette
10-14-2005, 06:18 PM
opps double post sorry

Ingrid
10-14-2005, 06:24 PM
:blush: :oops: :blush: :oops: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

You guys are too much!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Now I feel like Sally Field. :rofling:

I just want to point out that when I get home from work, there are many questions answered by other members of the forum that are right on. We are a community here, and I want to make sure you know that I get more out of it than I put in! :heart: :heart:

And I've still never knit a sock!

Jackie M.
10-14-2005, 06:33 PM
I don't know if I will ever be brave enough to knit a sock. It took me weeks to pick up a simple cardigan pattern and actually start it. Isn't there a sock tutorial on here somewhere?

Ingrid
10-14-2005, 06:46 PM
It's Silver's!

InterNette
10-14-2005, 07:00 PM
You never knitted a sock??? Your sure? Ok I take it back.

Only kidding

Ingrid
10-14-2005, 07:02 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: I could knit a sock. I've knit baby booties with turned heels, and large Christmas stockings, but I don't want to put what I knit in a shoe and then lose it in the wash. :rollseyes:

Good Lord, look at me defending myself. Sheesh! :rofling:

Jackie M.
10-14-2005, 07:20 PM
It's Silver's!

Ahhh.....that's what your banana is trying to say as he rides off into the sunset on his trusty..........alpaca?

Ingrid
10-14-2005, 07:25 PM
I really hadn't looked closely before--but apparently it's sign language for
I love you.

Probably supposed to be hang loose, dude.

jodstr2
10-14-2005, 07:31 PM
I think it's the "rock on, duuuuuuuude!" sign. at least the big-hair-acid wash-jeans-wearing-heavy-metal-listening-circa-1987 Jodi thinks so... tee hee :rofling: !

yes, Ingrid, thank you. you are always so quick to answer questions, so positive, and welcoming to everyone. :heart:

dustinac
10-14-2005, 08:18 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Three cheers for Ingrid!!

Also need to do a :cheering: for Brendajos who still gets my annoying e-mails :lol: and KellyK and Rebecca... and when I start them socks Silver I'll be a lookin' for ya..

:rollseyes: really need to get back to my sweater... are ya sure they are not as boring as afghans???? :D

Ingrid
10-14-2005, 09:50 PM
Gee, guys you're making me blush. And yes! I reiterate that all of us are what make this forum what it is. Period. :happydance:

hedgehog
10-14-2005, 10:27 PM
Hi... My name is hedgehog...........

*deep breath*......

And i'm an Ingrid fan...

There, i've said it... I feel much better...

I am... I'm an Ingrid fan....

It feels so good to be honest... :thumbsup:

Ingrid, we're so lucky to have you and your expertise here!! I know i've benefited from it on many occasions! :) Kind, curteous and extremely helpful.. that's you in a nutshell!

THANK YOU!
-hh

Ingrid
10-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Thanks HH, I'm glad you got that off your chest! :rofling:

Vendie
10-14-2005, 11:12 PM
well, gee, sorry Ingrid, I just don't see what all the fuss it about :rollseyes:

:roflhard:

koolbreeze
10-14-2005, 11:16 PM
Ingrid i was just telling my mom about you this evening!!!!! :happydance: and i told her when i have a question i sit and wait for you to come online because I KNOW U KNOW the answer!!! THANKS INGRID!!!! WE :heart: U!!!!

Ingrid
10-14-2005, 11:20 PM
well, gee, sorry Ingrid, I just don't see what all the fuss it about :rollseyes:

Me neither! ;)

Ingrid
10-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Ingrid i was just telling my mom about you this evening!!!!! :happydance: and i told her when i have a question i sit and wait for you to come online because I KNOW U KNOW the answer!!! THANKS INGRID!!!! WE :heart: U!!!!

You mentioned this once, so everytime I answer a question for you (or at least try), I keep checking back to see if you have a follow up. If someone else dares to get on the computer, I'm thinking, "Carmell's coming back--get off the machine! I have Important Stuff to attend to!"

DotMom61
10-14-2005, 11:57 PM

Oh, good lord, Kelly. I can't believe you actually said that. :rollseyes:

But, hey, I have to throw my hat into the ring. I was the first one to nominate Dear Ingrid for the Golden Needles Award. If she hadn't sat up with me one night while I was trying to knit Elizabeth Zimmermann's sawtooth border, I very well might be locked in a rubber room right now.

Of course, with all this going on, Ingrid's not going to be able to get her head through her bedroom door to go to bed tonight. So, she'll be on here all night *again*! :roflhard:

We love you, Ingy! And we really do wish you could come join our outing on 10/29. Are you sure you can't just hop on a plane to Chicago? You can sleep at Kelly's house!! {snicker, snicker .... hee hee hee}

http://static.flickr.com/27/52581549_3b8fb8d8fd_o.gif

Ingrid
10-15-2005, 12:26 AM
If I were free to go, I would come--that would be so fun/weird at the same time! Especially since I'm an 800 pound man who has never knitted in his life! :roflhard:

But please, I don't want to be president! Ew! I don't even watch movies or TV shows about politics. I'll take the house, though! ;)

And no, my head is not swelled. I'm humbled and appreciative. :heart:

By the way--how is the shawl coming?

brendajos
10-15-2005, 12:38 AM

Just be glad there was no mention of playing with "My Ing-a-Ling" :rollseyes:

:roflhard: :roflhard:

Ingrid
10-15-2005, 12:41 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Everyone racks their brain for songs that have an 'ing' in them.

DotMom61
10-15-2005, 12:53 AM
Especially since I'm an 800 pound man who has never knitted in his life! :roflhard:

I actually *did* laugh out loud when I read this. ha ha !!

By the way--how is the shawl coming?

I will do a little dance of happiness when I finally get through the 70+ rows I have left (550+ stitches per row) so that I can actually do some *real* knitting for the border. Incidentally, the sawtooth border will not work with this yarn. The yarn is much too light-weight for that. But, I have found some really nice lace borders in one of Nicky Epstein's books that I think will work out.

I *did* learn a lot from that little exercise of ours, though. I think I've come quite a ways since then. Thanks! ;-)

Ingrid
10-15-2005, 12:56 AM
I learned a lot from that, too. I also don't think I could manage 70 rows of 550 stitches. In Lace. Before the border. Yikes! :shock:

DotMom61
10-15-2005, 02:34 AM
Yes, well, I keep finding lots of other things to fiddle around with instead. :rollseyes:

I did manage to get quite a few rows done this week because I kept taking the shawl -- and only the shawl -- along on our many trips to the hospital/clinic this week. I guess that's the answer -- knit elsewhere, and don't bring any other temptations along!

susies1955
10-15-2005, 03:44 AM
when I get home from work, there are many questions answered by other members..........

Ingrid,
Oh my, you work OUTSIDE the home? You seem to ALWAYS be here. I thought "THIS" was your job. :)
I too want to say thanks.
Susie

aprildavis99
10-15-2005, 04:01 AM

Just be glad there was no mention of playing with "My Ing-a-Ling" :rollseyes:

:roflhard: :roflhard:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

foothills
10-15-2005, 08:44 AM
What would we do without Ingrid :( Let's not think about that...she would be missed for her incredible talent and common sense knitting advice, as well as her sense of humor... :cheering: to you Ingrid!

Joyce

Ingrid
10-15-2005, 09:23 AM
What a nice way to start the day--thanks guys!

:heart:

koolbreeze
10-15-2005, 10:54 AM

You mentioned this once, so everytime I answer a question for you (or at least try), I keep checking back to see if you have a follow up. If someone else dares to get on the computer, I'm thinking, "Carmell's coming back--get off the machine! I have Important Stuff to attend to!"

hee hee THANKS INGRID!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Ingrid
10-15-2005, 11:01 AM
when I get home from work, there are many questions answered by other members..........

Ingrid,
Oh my, you work OUTSIDE the home? You seem to ALWAYS be here. I thought "THIS" was your job. :)
I too want to say thanks.
Susie

:lol: It would be my job if I was sent paychecks and benefits! ;) I work in an Alternative High School, so my hours are 8-3. I get there a little early, and I find that I'm sneaking in here more and more throughout the day. It depends what's going on in the classroom.

susies1955
10-15-2005, 11:17 AM
Ingrid,
I'm glad you get to sneak in. :)
We all appreciate it,
Susie

Carrie4Bear
10-15-2005, 05:49 PM
I think we need to rename the How-To Questions section of the Forum to "ASK INGRID"

Can I get an Amen?

AAAAAAAAAMEN! :thumbsup:

I told Ingrid that I was going to make my signature, "Thanks Ingrid"! :D
I think someone else mentioned that they had told their mom they waiting on a reply from her, funny thing is that I did the same thing, I told my stepmom about how she always answers my questions, without making me feel like it was a stupid question! Ingrid, you're famous amongst our non-knitting friends and family! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Ingrid
10-15-2005, 06:22 PM
:heart: I'm famous!! :heart:

DELETED
10-17-2005, 05:16 PM
DELETED

Joel
10-17-2005, 05:54 PM
Only thing i can add to this Ingrid.....

:notworthy:

rebecca
10-18-2005, 12:24 AM
I :heart: :inlove: :heart: yOu ING A LING ;)

rebecca
10-18-2005, 12:25 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Three cheers for Ingrid!!

Also need to do a :cheering: for Brendajos who still gets my annoying e-mails :lol: and KellyK and Rebecca... and when I start them socks Silver I'll be a lookin' for ya..

:rollseyes: really need to get back to my sweater... are ya sure they are not as boring as afghans???? :D

:blush: U r too sweet :D

LisaD715
10-18-2005, 12:46 AM
lol....Ing-a-ling........I love that!! Ingrid, you are the best!! I know I have been on the receiving end of your expertise more than once and I have to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!

Ingrid
10-18-2005, 08:02 AM
:D You guys make my day! This is my favorite place to be. If I could knit and type at the same time, I would. Unfortunately, I'd need four arms--two more sleeves for each sweater--ugh! :shock:

KellyK
10-18-2005, 08:18 AM
If I could knit and type at the same time, I would.
AMEN, Sister!! :thumbsup:

rebecca
10-18-2005, 10:22 AM
LOL....I always thought that both of you, Ingrid and KK, could knit & type at the same time....my bubble has been POPPED now :verysad:
Just kidding....because I KNOW that u 2 can type & knit ;)

KellyK
10-18-2005, 10:57 AM
Yeah! I know all you can see is my head in my AV, what you can't see is that I am part human, part OCTOPUS! :roflhard:

Joel
10-19-2005, 03:23 PM
:D You guys make my day! This is my favorite place to be. If I could knit and type at the same time, I would. Unfortunately, I'd need four arms--two more sleeves for each sweater--ugh! :shock:

If anyone could adapt a sweater pattern to accommodate that it would be you and KK... (and Amy of course)

KellyK
10-20-2005, 04:44 PM
No no nooooo....I can barely COUNT! Im always asking for help with my knitting-related math! Now...if there were knitting related GRAMMAR, or maybe knitting-related anatomy & physiology, then Im your woman!

rebecca
10-20-2005, 05:52 PM
or maybe knitting-related anatomy & physiology, then Im your woman!

:roflhard: :roflhard: This quote from you, KK, just brings so many things to mind :rofling: , but there they will stay :eyebrow: :roflhard:

Virtuella
10-20-2005, 06:02 PM

I have a question to that...
If evolution is working, why does mothers have only two hands??? :doh:

kemp
10-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Yeah! I know all you can see is my head in my AV, what you can't see is that I am part human, part OCTOPUS! :roflhard:

OH no...can you keep that under wraps when I visit??? :roflhard: :roflhard:

Another member of the Ingrid fan club!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

amy
10-21-2005, 11:12 AM
Yes!!! Ingrid, you're FABULOUS! You offer so much of your wise and friendly self to the forum, and to helping folks out! From the bottom of my heart: THANK YOU!!! :heart:

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

humblestumble
10-21-2005, 11:42 AM
I want to jump on the bandwagon here and thank Ingrid! :happydance: Without her replies, I would be very confused on some things. So, THANK YOU INGRID! :cheering: :blush:

SoapDoc
10-21-2005, 03:11 PM
:D You guys make my day! This is my favorite place to be. If I could knit and type at the same time, I would.

I do believe that many of us feel the same about the way YOU making OUR days :) You're so giving and kind and I want to get together with you and make our own Kelly and Hildie adventure (wouldn't that be a BLAST?? I just recently read about their day!!!!! I want to do that too -- maybe next summer??)

And, have you checked out voice recognition software?

I don't know how well it works (I have heard they have made great progress with the technology), or if you can talk and knit at the same time (I am NOT trying to be a smart a$$ here, I honestly can't talk and knit at the same time, I have to concentrate too hard on my stitches, but I am thinking that maybe once I get better at it, I will be able to??) and if you can this may be a perfect solution for you to make us even happier :D and get even more knitting done while chatting with us :thumbsup:

Ingrid
10-21-2005, 03:16 PM
Thank YOU so much everyone!

And SoapDoc--You let me know when you want to get together! I just got a reliable car, so your neck of the woods is peanuts! ;)

My concern about voice recognition is that I'm afraid it will work like the one on the Movie Phone. :rollseyes: People will be wrapping their yarn around their heads three times and pulling it through their ears.

Or else all my posts will be interspersed with "Wait! 2.4.6.8.10.12.14.16.. . . .
OK, what?"