PDA

View Full Version : What type of sock yarn are you?

rebecca
10-15-2005, 06:40 AM
Take this Quiz (http://quizilla.com/users/chocciebutton/quizzes/What%20type%20of%20sock%20are%20you?/) and let's see what kind of sock yarn that you are :D

rebecca
10-15-2005, 06:46 AM
Wow! You would have been a pair of socks as long as it's possible for socks to be before they're tights - and all multi-coloured with pretty patterns and detail all over the place - then you could stand and admire your sock-self all day!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/1050707773_tslongsock.jpg

Sounds about right, don't u think ;) ?!

Vendie
10-15-2005, 08:27 AM
I'm a trainer sock...it funny, I like socks in theory, and I really want to knit them, I'm just not sure I'd wear them. I prefer bare piggies, even in the winter (when I complain about having cold feet :rollseyes: ) Socks just don't fit me right, they always move so that the soles are actually on top...drives me crazy!

Danielle
10-15-2005, 09:10 AM
I would have been a pair of ankle socks in any color, maybe with a little picture or some stripes or something to add a little variation. :roflhard:

dustinac
10-15-2005, 09:59 AM
You would have been a trainer sock, and most likely a plain one. You don't really like socks all that much, so you would only have been as much sock as is sometimes necessary.

LOL I only wear socks when its time to drag out my high heeled boots... which I LOVE but in the spriing summer as soon as its warm sandals baby .... do go barefoot around the house except outside.. would but the deer ya know.. :rollseyes:

rebecca
10-15-2005, 10:40 AM
I'm a trainer sock... Socks just don't fit me right, they always move so that the soles are actually on top...drives me crazy!

LOL, THIS is the exact reason that you learn to knit socks...to fit your foot...to a T ;)

KellyK
10-15-2005, 10:51 AM
You quite like socks, but your not overly-obsessed with them. You would have been a pair of knee-length socks in any colour, and probably stripy or something to make you that little bit more interesting.

Ingrid
10-15-2005, 11:11 AM
"Super long sock" Wow! You would have been a pair of socks as long as it's possible for socks to be before they're tights - and all multi-coloured with pretty patterns and detail all over the place - then you could stand and admire your sock-self all day!

I have socks, I like socks well enough--they have to match my clothes--but I don't knit them.

Alas, this study is not very scientific, either. :( I don't understand why! It IS on the internet, isn't it! :rollseyes:

loofnicnad
10-15-2005, 11:34 AM
You would have been a pair of ankle socks in any colour, maybe with a little picture or some stripes or something to add a little variation.

Cool, they take a lot less time to knit then those really long ones!!!!! :lol:

Loof

liznwillow
10-15-2005, 01:20 PM
You quite like socks, but your not overly-obsessed with them. You would have been a pair of knee-length socks in any colour, and probably stripy or something to make you that little bit more interesting.

DotMom61
10-15-2005, 01:36 PM
Wow! You would have been a pair of socks as long as it's possible for socks to be before they're tights - and all multi-coloured with pretty patterns and detail all over the place - then you could stand and admire your sock-self all day!

Am not. I like those short, no-sock socks (except when they creep down in your shoe). And what's all this about cheese?

Seriously, I really *do* want to knit some socks, but I'd probably knit them for my DD, who *loves* socks. And, to be quite honest, it's not the socks I want to knit so much as the sock yarn I want to knit with!! I love the self-striping stuff!

aprildavis99
10-15-2005, 07:53 PM

I love socks..but hate shoes. Wings...that's what I need. So I can wear socks with out shoes and not get them dirty :roflhard:

DotMom61
10-15-2005, 10:51 PM
I love socks..but hate shoes. Wings...that's what I need. So I can wear socks with out shoes and not get them dirty :roflhard:

That's funny, April! Just think how clean our carpets would be!

SoapDoc
10-16-2005, 02:07 AM

Hmmmm, I think they're on to me :) Now I just need to learn to make pretty patterns and I will be all set!

knitncook
10-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Socks just don't fit me right, they always move so that the soles are actually on top...drives me crazy!

This is WHY you should knit your own socks!! Seriously, I custom make my socks so that they fit MY feet. As I'm making them I slip them onto circulars and then try them on. I've been known to increase and decrease socks in funny places in order to get them to fit MY feet. I keep reminding myself that patterns are just suggestions. ;)

Oh and I'm that stripey knee sock too!

knitwitty
10-17-2005, 04:37 PM
:lol: That's funny...it's the kind of socks I like! :XX: :thinking:

kome
10-17-2005, 04:52 PM
That's cute. I was the multi colored sock. :happydance:

MaryS
10-18-2005, 09:10 AM
I'll join Kelly, liznwillow, and knitwitty in being a knee sock, probably stripey :D .

I :heart: knee socks - especially if you can find (or knit) some that actually STAY UP. :rofling: And I've got some great self-striping yarns to make myself some this winter (after the Xmas knitting is done :shock: ).

Mary

lisa e
10-22-2005, 02:36 AM
Super duper long socks

Kilgore_Trout
10-22-2005, 10:37 AM
http://images.quizilla.com/C/chocciebutton/1050754254_sanklesock.jpg
You would have been a pair of ankle socks in any
colour, maybe with a little picture or some
stripes or something to add a little variation.

What type of sock are you? (http://quizilla.com/users/chocciebutton/quizzes/What%20type%20of%20sock%20are%20you%3F/)
<font size="-2">brought to you by Quizilla (http://quizilla.com)</font>

I recently completed my first pair of ankle socks!

Virtuella
10-22-2005, 12:54 PM
http://images.quizilla.com/C/chocciebutton/1050707773_tslongsock.jpg

Wow! You would have been a pair of socks as long
as it's possible for socks to be before they're
tights - and all multi-coloured with pretty
patterns and detail all over the place - then
you could stand and admire your sock-self all
day!

Lacedolphin
10-23-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm the long striped sock too. Funny, I'm not advanced enough to try knitting a pair, but I'm going to make some of them clogs one day!!

kemp
10-24-2005, 08:58 AM
I'm a trainer sock...it funny, I like socks in theory, and I really want to knit them, I'm just not sure I'd wear them. I prefer bare piggies, even in the winter (when I complain about having cold feet :rollseyes: ) Socks just don't fit me right, they always move so that the soles are actually on top...drives me crazy!

yes, but if you knit them yourself...they fit perfectly!