PDA

View Full Version : Knitting Help forum should get together and write a book!

humblestumble
10-21-2005, 05:41 PM
I just had a thought in one of my previous posts that Ingrid should write a book, she is so helpful after all! But then I was reading someone else's post and thought "wow those were great tips" so then I was thinking...what if we all got together and made a knitting tips book!? I think it'd be wonderful. There are so many people here with a great wealth of knowledge (so much so that I can't list all the names and can't remember everything) Writing a book would be so much easier than searching through all of the forum or posting a ton more of redundant posts for that right tip to help us along.

What do ya think? I think it'd be so cool. :happydance:

Ingrid
10-21-2005, 05:56 PM
Everything I know, I've learned from books that are already out there. :thinking:

humblestumble
10-21-2005, 06:19 PM
Me too, but I've seen a lot of knitting books...I just haven't seen any specific knitting tip books.

:oo:

Ingrid
10-21-2005, 06:30 PM
I DO have a title, though: Stockinette Curls--Get Over It :rofling:

humblestumble
10-21-2005, 06:36 PM
:roflhard: Genious!

BinkyKat
10-21-2005, 06:51 PM
I DO have a title, though: Stockinette Curls--Get Over It :rofling:
That actually should be an amendment to the Constitution. :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

AidanM
10-21-2005, 07:22 PM
We the Knitters, in order to form a more perfect LYS, establish discounts, ensure knitting tranquility, provide for the common knitter, promote the local fibers, and secure the blessings of Zimmerman to ourselves and our Posterity...

BinkyKat
10-21-2005, 07:25 PM
Instead of Union, we can call our little country a Knition!
This book could be our Knitlaration of Indepurlnance! :roflhard:

mintdee
10-21-2005, 07:27 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:
Aidan is our official amendment writer!

mintdee
10-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Instead of Union, we can call our little country a Knition!
This book could be our Knitlaration of Indepurlnance! :roflhard:
How awesome would that be?
:roflhard:

AidanM
10-21-2005, 07:40 PM
For some reason, I find it amusing to rewrite the Constitution to apply to a Knation of Knitters.

We the Knitters, in order to form a more perfect LYS, establish discounts, ensure knitting tranquility, provide for the common knitter, promote the local fibers, and secure the blessings of Zimmerman to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United Stashes of Knitterdom.

Article I

Section 1.

All legislatve Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Forum of the United Stashes which shall consist of a Fiber Shop and House of Stitchers.

Section 2.

Clause 1:
The House of Stitchers shall be composed of Members chosen every second Year by the People, and the Electors in each Stash shall have the Qualifications requisite for Electors of the most numerous Branch of the Stash Legislature.

Clause 2:
No Knitter shall be a Stitcher who shall not have attained the knowledge of Knit and Purl and have been knitting for at least one year, having completed at least 4 projects in that time, while also being an Inhabitant of that Stash in which they shall be chosen.

Ingrid
10-21-2005, 07:59 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

BRAVO!!!!!

rebecca
10-21-2005, 09:49 PM
LOL :cheering: :cheering: Ya'll have Klost kyour kminds!!....not that there's anything wrong with that ;)
FYI, I can easily say that bc mine has been gone for years ;)

humblestumble
10-22-2005, 12:18 AM
lol, wow. This is turning into a whole other spawn of literacy! We might have to create our own genre! JK, We could just publish a Constitution for Knitsters :roflhard:

And I agree with Rebecca wholeheartedly! :thumbsup: :oo: :hiding:

foldedbird
10-22-2005, 01:35 AM
Do we get to split the profits?

WTG Aidan... remind me to have you guest-blog for me sometime!

feministmama
10-22-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm so glad this place is here to make me laugh so much :cheering:

AidanM
10-22-2005, 03:11 PM
Do we get to split the profits?

WTG Aidan... remind me to have you guest-blog for me sometime!

:mrgreen: No problemo! I was gonna do the whole constitution, but that thing is freaking HUGE!

KellyK
10-22-2005, 04:21 PM
The size of it ALONE is a great reason to leave it as is instead of incorporating the ridiculously inappropriate amendments that have been on the table...

KK needs to stop mentioning politics on a knitting board :shifty:

Ingrid
10-22-2005, 04:48 PM
The size of it ALONE is a great reason to leave it as is instead of incorporating the ridiculously inappropriate amendments that have been on the table...

KK needs to stop mentioning politics on a knitting board :shifty:

You're right, Kelly, we'll leave out the women's right to choose. . .

acrylic or natural fibers. It may lead to protests and derision, but we have to draw the line somewhere!

humblestumble
10-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Well, if not a knitting constitution, I still vote that someone compiles a tip book

misstialouise
10-22-2005, 06:59 PM
I think it's a brilliant idea... in theory...

Alternatively....

There could be a "Knittinghelp.com" book, whereby we give our permission for any content on this board to be used for the book. We could also 'submit' stories or 'knitbits' for the book specifically.

The proceeds could be put back into KH or partially to KH and partially to a charity (ie: Breast Cancer Research etc)...

Thoughts?

foldedbird
10-23-2005, 12:10 AM
**perk** Breast Cancer Research? Excellent idea!

humblestumble
10-23-2005, 03:07 AM
Wow, that's actually a really great idea, misstialouise! That's basically what I was thinking but couldnt put into words, and couldnt process my thoughts enough to sound as coherent :)

misstialouise
10-23-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm not just a pretty face..

;)

:lol:

mk.carroll
10-24-2005, 04:39 AM
For speed and more control over the finished product, it could be available as a download or through a POD (print on demand) service. Seems like that's the latest trend in self-publishing!