PDA

View Full Version : first project on circular needles

Amy1
10-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Hi everyone,

I just recently finished this hat using circular needles for the first time. It is a pattern I saw on the tv show Knit One Purl Two. (I think that's the name of the show :roflhard: )

I can't wait to use circular needles again!! :thumbsup:

Amy1

rebecca
10-21-2005, 09:36 PM
:cheering: :cheering: Most exellent job, Amy!! Adorable model, too ;)
I absolutel :heart: LOVE :heart: KNITTING in the round, too!!

KellyK
10-21-2005, 09:47 PM
GORGEOUS hat, Amy....and your daughter is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Circs are my FAVORITES!

Ingrid
10-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Ditto! Looks like the hat and girl could be in a magazine. Just gorgeous!

brendajos
10-21-2005, 10:32 PM
beautiful! both of them! what yarn is that? i love those colors!!

so i have so fallen in love with knitting in the round that i get irritated knitting straight now. lol i think i need to work on something straight once in a while just so i don't get too spoiled ;)

Amy1
10-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind words about my hat and my daughter. I kid you not when I say she has stolen it from me. It now hangs at the foot of her bed! I'm going to have to knit another one a bit smaller for her so I can get mine back :rofling:

brendajos, the yarn is Noro silk garden shade #34. I just loved this color combo when I saw it on the show.

Amy1

humblestumble
10-22-2005, 12:39 AM
That is an awesome hat ;) I wonder...did they take that show off the air? I mean I saw it the other day but it was a repeat. I quite liked it.

susies1955
10-22-2005, 03:52 AM
Angela,
I just started knitting three weeks ago today and I saw that Knit 1 Purl 2 show a few times and then it vanished. I wrote to DIY and they said that they are only on periodically. Gosh! They said it would be on again for I think they said four days started Nov. 4th.
The 'French' gal is a tad hard to understand but I did like her show. I found Knitty Gritty a few weeks ago too.
Susie

aprildavis99
10-22-2005, 04:41 AM
:heart: Very nice hat and gorgeous girl. :thumbsup:

Sylvie
10-22-2005, 08:14 AM
This hat is very cute Amy and your daughter so pretty! :thumbsup: :cheering:
I don't always knit in the round but the newest thing for me is that I use circular needles for everything I knit and I love them! :XX:

dustinac
10-22-2005, 09:01 AM
aww how cute she is adorable!! I love the hat too... I have finished one hat haven't tried anymore :rollseyes: I love those colors!!

I caught it twice I think.. I thought she was hard to understand and didn't care for the camera shots but I liked knowing what celebrities were knitting :rofling: Here is the sched diy is showing...

Edith's Tie Scarf 10/31/2005 3:30 PM KNT-101
Edith's Hat 11/01/2005 3:30 PM KNT-102
Edith's Small Tote Handbag, Edith's Baguette Bag 11/02/2005 3:30 PM KNT-103
Edith's Baby Blanket 11/03/2005 3:30 PM KNT-104
Edith's Chunky Baby Sweater 11/04/2005 3:30 PM KNT-10

Jivewhistle
10-22-2005, 11:12 AM
Beautiful hat and daughter!!! I've never tried a hat on circulars...I should find a simple pattern soon.

Great job! :cheering:

cheetahcalledchloe
10-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Awesome :cheering: - hat and your daughter looks so pretty. Well done!!!! I am inspired by those of you who say you prefer knitting on the round - I am about to attempt it for the first time and feel a little intimidated!!!

Ingrid
10-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Awesome :cheering: - hat and your daughter looks so pretty. Well done!!!! I am inspired by those of you who say you prefer knitting on the round - I am about to attempt it for the first time and feel a little intimidated!!!

You'll kick yourself for being intimidated. It really isn't hard--in some ways it's easier than regular knitting--certainly faster, and best of all--NO seaming! :cheering:

Amy1
10-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Thanks guys.

dustinac, those shows you listed that are coming in November are the same ones that I had Tivo'd this past month. The hat I knitted is the same one they will be showing again.

cheetahcalledchloe, first of all, I love your user name!! I was very intimidated knitting on circular needles too. My daughter saw a pattern for a skirt using Berroco suede. I had some other suede yarn I used for a purse for her and so I thought I would try it. HATED IT. I think because that yarn has no give, I was knitting very tight and I was using bamboo circs and it was too hard to knit. Well when I saw the show for the hat, it really looked so easy, that I had to try it. I was looking for metal circs for about a week but could not find the right length. I had to try this hat on bamboo ones. Ugh, But you know, this yarn has give and the knitting went really fast. I now want to try out the skirt my daughter wants.

Amy1

benniesma
10-24-2005, 08:37 AM
That is a great hat! And I agree with all the above posts, your daughter is gorgeous! I thought that was the picture from the pattern at first. She's going to be a heartbreaker!