PDA

View Full Version : YIKES! Thank goodness we're not like this!

AidanM
10-23-2005, 02:49 AM
http://www.livejournal.com/community/craftgrrl/6989701.html

I was cruising around for iPod cozies, even though I have my own ideas, and I found this and began reading the comments. JEEZ! Thank goodness our community isn't like this!

humblestumble
10-23-2005, 03:04 AM
I think the URL address got chopped up, so I can't see it ...

Virtuella
10-23-2005, 05:32 AM
:shock:

I have knitted some ipod cozies by the way, have you seen them?

Debbie
10-23-2005, 07:16 AM
Wow, what awful posts! My middle schoolers aren't that ugly to each other! YEA, KH. Any question gets full attention and ENCOURAGEMENT. I am thankful for all my friends here!

Vendie
10-23-2005, 08:34 AM
OMfreakinG! :shock: I just don't understand why people would be so rude and hurtful. So the person made a tutorial for something that seemed easy to someone else? Big whoop. Why not let it just slide without comment rather than wasting everyone's time by butchering the poor person? And the grammar queen! Is that really necessary?

BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT! :doh:

That's why I love KH, we don't feel the need to do things like this. We're all about enabling and group hugs! Anyone want to make an iPod cozy tutorial, go for it :thumbsup: !

[/i]

KellyK
10-23-2005, 08:36 AM
WOW. :shock:

:heart: :heart: :heart: THANK YOU KH!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Ingrid
10-23-2005, 09:12 AM
People like that make me dislike the human race sometimes. WTF difference does it make! I don't think I'd have lasted five minutes around here if people were like that! Well, actually, I don't think any of us would still be around. Sheesh!

And Virtuella--I HAVE seen your cosies, and I don't know why you bothered to show them. Don't you know that we already KNOW how to make them?

***Demonstration of life in the other lane.****

I'm sure they're lovely and creative! ;)

rebecca
10-23-2005, 09:33 AM
I am very sorry to tell you this, guys, but that isn't the only other forum out there that is so hurtful to one another! I was a member of a very large knitting forum that did nothing but argue and backstab one another at any given opportunity! THAT is why I :heart: :inlove: :heart: this forum and everyone on it because we know the value of friendship and self-respect and love to have fun with one another!! We are very, very BLESSED to have this knitting/friendship forum!!
A BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR BEING SUCH WONDERFUL PEOPLE :D

dustinac
10-23-2005, 09:46 AM
One of the reasons I love this forum I've seen the ugly on other boards not knitting either on teddy bear boards ... some people I think get jealous cause they didn't come up with it first and they have to break the person down... :rollseyes:

Virtuella
10-23-2005, 11:40 AM
People like that make me dislike the human race sometimes. WTF difference does it make! I don't think I'd have lasted five minutes around here if people were like that! Well, actually, I don't think any of us would still be around. Sheesh!

And Virtuella--I HAVE seen your cosies, and I don't know why you bothered to show them. Don't you know that we already KNOW how to make them?

***Demonstration of life in the other lane.****

I'm sure they're lovely and creative! ;)

:roflhard:

KellyK
10-23-2005, 12:03 PM
Its even worse that that is not another FORUM...it's someone's personal BLOG! I think of that as being a REALLLY bad guest.

Yeah....that would NOT be tolerated here. AND, Im glad that we've never even had someone TEST that theory! We should post our "Core Values" somewhere....Respect, Enthusiasm, Fun and Love of the Art!

Jeremy
10-23-2005, 01:26 PM
Wow :shock: Talk about a waste of perfectly good oxygen. I sure am grateful to you guys for your helpfulness, sincerity and friendship. :thumbsup:

AidanM
10-23-2005, 01:44 PM
Its even worse that that is not another FORUM...it's someone's personal BLOG! I think of that as being a REALLLY bad guest.

Yeah....that would NOT be tolerated here. AND, Im glad that we've never even had someone TEST that theory! We should post our "Core Values" somewhere....Respect, Enthusiasm, Fun and Love of the Art!

ACTUALLY, it's NEITHER a blog NOR a forum. It's a community, or are you too daft to notice?

o.o Wow. Yeah, life in the other lane sucks. Sorry Kelly! :hiding:

I'm so glad I never stumbled into any other knitting group. I like KH just fine!!

KellyK
10-23-2005, 01:45 PM
Well, AIDAN...Im glad you were SNOTTY enough to point that out to me!

jodstr2
10-23-2005, 01:54 PM
I used to post in another knitting forum. the majority of people were fun and positive, but some were kinda on high horses and were uber-this and uber-that and, well, overall, KH is MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH friendlier.

:heart: *hugs* to all of you :heart:

:cheering:

Ingrid
10-23-2005, 01:57 PM
Well, AIDAN...Im glad you were SNOTTY enough to point that out to me!

You forgot the apostrophe in I'm.

AidanM
10-23-2005, 02:00 PM
You forgot the apostrophe in I'm.
What're you? The freaking Punctuation Police?

:rofling: This reminds me of when me and my brother play fight and eventually my parents can't tell if we're playing or actually fighting anymore.

humblestumble
10-23-2005, 02:04 PM
I just replied to it too...I cant believe everyone let negativity override themselves. I'm so glad I havent caught that here.

Ingrid
10-23-2005, 02:05 PM
English is our native language! Use it properly or don't waste our time posting, you illiterate!

AidanM
10-23-2005, 02:15 PM
Oh PUH-LEEZ, :rollseyes: this is an international site. Not everyone here speaks English as their native language, you totalitarian witch!

:roflhard: We sound so utterly absurd and petty! :roflhard:

Ingrid
10-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Maybe you should send a copy of this thread to that "community." Maybe they'll see themselves. Probably not.

:rollseyes:

AidanM
10-23-2005, 02:23 PM
Maybe you should send a copy of this thread to that "community." Maybe they'll see themselves. Probably not.

:rollseyes:

Just what we'd need, them coming over HERE to bother us. :doh: No, as much as I'd like to mock them I don't want to risk KH to do it, :lol:

rebecca
10-23-2005, 02:37 PM
All kidding aside, I've told several friends from another forum, which shall remain nameless, that this is the place to be bc of the atmosphere and a few have come over & joined us. Some have joined through Amy's videos being answers to questions on the forum. I'm just sad about the newbies that join such negative places, bc they then may think that we, as a knitting community, have a large 'negative element'. When nothing could be farther from the truth!! I've found that the majority of the knitters that I have met are the most wonderful people, willing to give you guidance with kindness and to not only share their knowledge of the art, but most importantly, to share their friendship. And that is shown HERE moreso than any other place that I've seen online and I am so happy and PROUD to say that I'm a member and always tell other knitters (ya'll know I've got a big mouth!!) about everyone here and to please come and join.
Look how quickly we are growing...it's because of Amy's hard work and wonderful videos and because once here, everyone feels welcome and that's because of all of YOU and the warmth that is shown to each and every new member. :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
JMHO ;)

Debbie
10-23-2005, 06:38 PM
Not to mention the fact that we have CELEBRITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy Marnie

Debbie
10-23-2005, 06:51 PM
Not to mention the fact that we have CELEBRITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy, Marnie, Contiknitter Kelly - TV Stars

Rebecca - She's in a catalog , you know

Not to mention the EXPERTS !!!!!

Silver, Ingrid

Entrepreneurs - TaraKnits

Then, we got that whole Illinois Group Inc. thing goin on ....

and Liscense2Cook - Retreat Planner Extraordinaire

I know we have other famous knitters I have forgotten....

Where's my autograph book????????????

AidanM
10-23-2005, 07:11 PM
And these are just the people who are highly visible! I'm sure everybody on the board has something to contribute, in some way or another.

Anyway, the point is that we have a really fabulous community here and we all deserve a guilt-free treat!
Like some more Noro. Hmm, wonder if I can find it on sale anywhere...*wanders away, muttering about yarn*

Debbie
10-23-2005, 07:24 PM
[quote]And these are just the people who are highly visible! I'm sure everybody on the board has something to contribute, in some way or another.
EXACTLY!!!!

yes .... treat ....yarn ....

Ingrid
10-23-2005, 07:29 PM
[quote]And these are just the people who are highly visible! I'm sure everybody on the board has something to contribute, in some way or another.
EXACTLY!!!!

yes .... treat ....yarn ....

So true! One person's question gets everyone thinking and learning--it's not just the answers that count, by any means. Even though I answer a lot, I've become a much better knitter for it because I have to think about things from a different perspective and order things in my mind in such a way to be able to communicate them.

NOW--do I get to buy more yummy yarn? Huh?

AidanM
10-23-2005, 07:51 PM
NOW--do I get to buy more yummy yarn? Huh?
I'd have a serious talk with my checkbook if I were you. Something along the lines of "Do you feel overused? Do you need a rest?" same with any of your credit cards. "Are you not having enough time to cool down? Do you need to be put away for a bit?"

Ingrid
10-23-2005, 08:37 PM
They answered me. "Didn't you just buy a new car? Don't you have to start making car payments now? Won't your insurance go up?" :verysad:

AidanM
10-23-2005, 08:57 PM
:doh: New car?! What on earth for?! Now you can't buy yarn! Grawr, sometimes you make me so confused and frustrated, Ingrid! EVERYONE knows that yarn is a basic need! You can always WALK places!! *sighs*

KellyK
10-23-2005, 09:02 PM
OMG I am :roflhard:

:roflhard: :shock: TOTALITARIAN WITCH??? :shock: :roflhard:

EVERYONE here has inspired me in some way shape or form....and, of course, Im ALWAYS grateful for the talents of the BEST enablers in the UNIVERSE!! :heart:

Ingrid
10-23-2005, 09:04 PM
I think I'm the witch but if you want the title, it's yours!!

KellyK
10-23-2005, 09:07 PM
If you had READ my post, you would have SEEN that I didn't CLAIM to be the witch! Pay attention!!

And, THERE'S YOUR FRIGGIN APOSTROPHE!!!!

Ingrid
10-23-2005, 09:10 PM
Kelly--you're really good at this! :roflhard:

KellyK
10-23-2005, 09:16 PM
NO! Im NOT! It makes me slightly uncomfortable to even PRETEND it!! :shock:

benniesma
10-23-2005, 09:59 PM
Oh my goodness! :shock: I can't believe how mean those people were! That poor girl!

I just LOOOOVE it here so much! I found KH after having a rotten experience on another forum (jodstr, it might have been the same one). I made a joking comment about putting my son in time out and got hate mail for it! It was horrible. And when I tried to defend myself I got even more hate mail telling me that I was a troublemaker. I literally cried, it was so hurtful. I found KH and have never been back! This place is AWESOME! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Ingrid
10-23-2005, 10:12 PM
You put your son in TIME OUT! Don't you know how detrimental that is! I can't believe you would admit it in public!!

I haven't had the "pleasure" of dealing with these types of discussions on line since I don't go to many sites. I'm sure glad I didn't, or I never would have ventured farther than the first one.

jodstr2
10-23-2005, 10:24 PM
I found KH after having a rotten experience on another forum (jodstr, it might have been the same one). I made a joking comment about putting my son in time out and got hate mail for it! It was horrible. And when I tried to defend myself I got even more hate mail telling me that I was a troublemaker. I literally cried, it was so hurtful.

ouch.
damn snotty 8|+tch3s with nothing better to do than condescend to make their sorry @$$3$ feel better.
sorry you went through that.
I think it might be the same one I was not naming.
did you go by 'benniesma' in there?
I used to confuse you with someone with a VERY similar name.

jelly
10-23-2005, 10:25 PM
i post on tons of messageboards, and each has a different "vibe"

on my fave TV one, people will rip into each other and no one takes it personally because we all know that at the end of the day, we are just talking about TV shows - i can get my snark on there and no one gets their panties in a twist

the one i post on most frequently, is a different story - if you so much as roll your eyes at someone, they take it totally personally and it turns into 5 pages of "you hurt my feelings" :rollseyes: and about once a month, all hell breaks loose

caviar
10-23-2005, 10:33 PM
Why do you think this forum works so well? An important question, since we want it to keep working, I assume. So far people have pointed out the great positive contributers and Amy's hard work. I'd add Amy's positive expectations and G-rating (wholesome feels comfortable and negative feels out of place). Also the flexibility of everyone who participates by taking what they need and not blasting things they don't; nobody is flamed for off topic discussions, stupid questions (uh, that would be me) or personal threads. Anything else we need to keep doing right?

Kirstin

jelly
10-23-2005, 10:39 PM
in my experience, it all comes down to the rules of the board and the moderators

on the board where i post most often, we have an identifiable group of troublemakers - they intentionally cause the most problems, and i hate to admit, i let them get me riled up, too -however, the owner of the board is a total wussy about banning people - she should have banned these people AGES ago

on the flip side, i have been on boards that are TOO heavily moderated - the mods are power hungry freaks - i got banned from one board for using the word "um" - they thought it was disrespectful - we were discussing a person on a reality tv show, for pete's sake :rollseyes:

Ingrid
10-23-2005, 10:42 PM
and about once a month, all hell breaks loose

Must be mostly women on that site. :roflhard:

As for keeping this one running smoothly, I think we really just need to keep respecting each other and the space we're using. I strongly feel that any time one of us posts--especially in a non-blog thread--we are really representing everyone here. I can honestly say I have NEVER read a post that was truly insulting or demeaning to anyone.

We play around, but I don't think anyone's taken anything seriously!

AidanM
10-23-2005, 10:49 PM
We all have a purpose for being here, too. A lot of boards it's just ":D HEY! We're a bunch of people together!" so it evolves into a bunch of people together, including all the sh*t that goes with that. Most of are here to improve our knitting, share our trials and experiences, and to have some fun. So we are a bunch of fun knitters. :mrgreen: We're also a smaller community. The laws of probability say that if we ever get big enough, we'll start to get a few mean-spirited jerks.

jelly
10-23-2005, 10:58 PM
and about once a month, all hell breaks loose

Must be mostly women on that site. :roflhard:

sadly, you are right :lol:

and it usually happens on the 20th of the month, so at least we are regular ;)

lisa e
10-24-2005, 02:35 AM
That is just totally rude of those people.

Unfortunately, they are everywhere.

benniesma
10-24-2005, 08:29 AM
I only put him in time out after I scooped out his eyes with a rusty spoon!

ouch.
damn snotty 8|+tch3s with nothing better to do than condescend to make their sorry @$$3$ feel better.
sorry you went through that.
I think it might be the same one I was not naming.
did you go by 'benniesma' in there?
I used to confuse you with someone with a VERY similar name.

I did go by benniesma there too. Strangely, for a person who loves crafts, I can be very uncreative. :rollseyes:

feministmama
10-24-2005, 12:29 PM
My 9 year old son would say "I think they need some love, they don't seem to have enough."

AidanM
10-24-2005, 01:55 PM
My 9 year old son would say "I think they need some love, they don't seem to have enough."
That's the most adorable thing I've heard all day!

knitting4babybear
10-24-2005, 05:05 PM
:(

BinkyKat
10-24-2005, 08:14 PM
:shock: oh for cryin' in the mud!
you know, my poor little brain has finally shut down. I can't even process how idiotic people like that can be.
have mercy on the poor guy that cuts them off in traffic trying to get to the ER with his wife who's in labor, or the person that dares to explain any procedures whatsoever to them at work.

SHEEEEEESSSSHHHHH!!!!!!!!

rebecca
10-24-2005, 09:32 PM
You said it, BK :cheering: :cheering: