PDA

View Full Version : OT: Wilma--

Stonington
10-24-2005, 08:09 AM
To all of our Knitting friends effected by Wilma... we hope you stay safe. Take care & God Bless.

dustinac
10-24-2005, 08:56 AM
Sending thoughts and prayers out to all those who are dealing with Wilma...

Debbie
10-24-2005, 09:13 AM
Wilma and I are spending the day knitting ... no school today in Orlando. So far we have just had lots of rain , I know it is much worse down south and on the coasts.

feministmama
10-24-2005, 12:08 PM
MORE hurricanes!! Geez, the earth just does NOT like humans this year.

Sending good vibes to all those in the path of high winds~~~~~~ :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Yvonne
10-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Wilma kicked our butts down here in Charlotte County, a little bit. Not like Hurricane Charley last year thank God. I even have electricity. What a luxury!
No damage to our house, just a mess of junk/debris/limbs/water outside. I can deal with that.

InterNette
10-26-2005, 05:15 PM
at 4 pm i received electricity, well not just me but some more people in collier county, still some without so I am not complaining any longer, and i couldnt be happier, I could dance in the streets, I thought i was cut out for the roughing it life, I changed my mind. I like a hot bath, tv, news first hand not passed down the block , I like to read before bed with good light, I find 8pm in the pitch black a long long long night. Last year with Charlie we lost power and phone for 3 days as well. I am really going to have to invest in a generator as much as I hate the smell and noise. Today is also my birthday and having power is the best gift ever.

Ingrid
10-26-2005, 05:37 PM
:present: :balloons: :sunny: Well Happy Birthday! May lots of sun come your way! You've earned it. :D

InterNette
10-26-2005, 09:52 PM
Thank you Ingrid, that was very kind. It has been a shitty one but having power made me appreciative. We normally go out but no restraurants open, curfew and phone circuits tied up for days, so my sister after 3 days trying finally got through and that made me feel good to talk to her.
It was kinda a non existant day all around, your response was touching. You should be like KH official greeter or something.

Totalele
10-26-2005, 11:52 PM
Wilma kicked our butts too. We got the worst of it. We finally got phone and power a few hours ago...

I lost all my backyard fence and my tree (in front of my townhouse) fell in front of my door... poor tree.. :(

A few other minor things, but I'm sooo glad we are all ok. My community (condo of THs and single homes) worked great together... :heart:

My area looks very bad! But all is going back to it's place now...I gotta tell you, I've seen hurricanes before, but never got one as scary as this.. :shock:

InterNette ~ I also danced on the street when my power came back... :lol:

KellyK
10-27-2005, 12:36 AM
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: