PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway. You know how

Ann in NH
10-24-2005, 07:39 PM
I've misplaced my knitting needle "sizer" that tells me the size of my
circular needles, so I don't know what pkg they go in.

Is there a site that has a (( sketch )) of the different size needles that I lay my needle on OR punch holes holes in so I'll know the size?? The last thing I knitted I checked my gauge and was lucky.

Thanks for reading,
Ann

KellyK
10-24-2005, 07:58 PM
Isnt there anything inscribed on the needles themselves?? :shock:

Ann in NH
10-24-2005, 08:44 PM
your typical mitten? and did you find the Alpaca Chunky yarn in stores or online?

Thanks!
Ann

Ann in NH
10-24-2005, 08:46 PM
most of my needles are. Same with my DPN's.

However, the good news is that I just purchased the Web bamboo interchangeable set and I believe the size is inscribed on them.

Ann

Ingrid
10-24-2005, 08:59 PM
Check the cord on the Addi circs. They have some teeny tiny writing on them.

KellyK
10-24-2005, 09:57 PM
your typical mitten? and did you find the Alpaca Chunky yarn in stores or online?

Thanks!
Ann

Ive never made any other mittens.....I dunno.

I got the Misti Alpaca Chunky at an LYS.....but Im sure you can find it online, too!

Carol_OH
10-24-2005, 11:31 PM
I've misplaced my knitting needle "sizer" that tells me the size of my
circular needles, so I don't know what pkg they go in.

Is there a site that has a (( sketch )) of the different size needles that I lay my needle on OR punch holes holes in so I'll know the size?? The last thing I knitted I checked my gauge and was lucky.

Thanks for reading,
Ann

ann I wish I had a scanner - in the book "The Step by Step Needlcraft Encyclopedia" by Judy Brittain there is a diagram wherein you can place your needle over it and tell what size it is...I'll try to scan it somehow (I'm on vacation htis week or I would use the one at work - sorry!)

feministmama
10-25-2005, 11:57 AM
GO to your LYS and sneak a peak. :shifty:

Ingrid
10-25-2005, 04:30 PM
Check the Addi cord.