PDA

View Full Version : ON - Good Ole Cabled Scarf

Jan in CA
11-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Here's my scarf (http://www.yarnagogo.com/good_ole_cabled_scarf/) I'm making in Patons Classic Wool Merino (http://www.patonsyarns.com/product.php?P=1&LGC=classicmerinowool&PHPSESSID=360d987dc0e3a937d22393b72c39f1a3) in Dark Grey Mix. I had a 50% off coupon at Joanns. LOL Does working a scarf like this get faster? I hope so or it'll take forever! The yellow is a lifeline made out of embroidery thread. Thank god for lifelines! :shock: :roflhard:

Yvonne
11-29-2005, 03:38 PM
Jan, that looks great! Was it what we thought, that you have to do a few full pattern repeats to see and understand how that cable behaves?
As far as it going any faster.......er........ Just enjoy the process! :devil:

Jan in CA
11-29-2005, 03:50 PM
Jan, that looks great! Was it what we thought, that you have to do a few full pattern repeats to see and understand how that cable behaves?

EXACTLY! Thanks for that help!

As far as it going any faster.......er........ Just enjoy the process! :devil:
Oh boy.. at least it's fun to watch it all come together. ;) :roflhard:

Ingrid
11-29-2005, 05:26 PM
As you get farther along, you'll get so used to the seed stitch that you won't even think about it after a while. It's looking great so far, though!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-29-2005, 10:51 PM
looks great! that is going to be one WARM and comfy scarfy!!! :-)

Angelia
11-29-2005, 11:31 PM
It looks great, Jan! :cheering:

And you'll find that as you go, you'll establish a rhythm and won't have to "think," which will make the knitting speed up--hooray for that! :D

shellebelle216
11-30-2005, 06:14 AM
Jan,
I am knitting the same scarf with the same yarn...color and all. It does get a bit faster, but it still takes me more time than "normal" stitch patterns. It looks great :D

Vendie
11-30-2005, 07:44 AM
Jan, I WON'T tell you that I've had this project on the needles for months :D But once you get used to the pattern, it'll start going a little faster.

Jan in CA
11-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Thanks all! I've got another couple inches on this scarf. Now that my Knit Picks yarn order is here though....it might get put on the back burner. Not finishing one thing before starting another is gonna be hard though. :shock: :roflhard:

Carol_OH
11-30-2005, 04:48 PM
ooh how pretty!

Ingrid
11-30-2005, 05:02 PM
Thanks all! I've got another couple inches on this scarf. Now that my Knit Picks yarn order is here though....it might get put on the back burner. Not finishing one thing before starting another is gonna be hard though. :shock: :roflhard:

I find it waaaay too easy to start a new thing without finishing something else! :roflhard:

sfavereau
11-30-2005, 06:18 PM
I looooooooooooooove that pattern! I just finished it and a kinda matching hat (I was just messing around with a braid and kinda made it up...) for a friend. I hope she likes it!

It does get way easier! It only took me a few days to finish the scarf and I love it!

shellebelle216
11-30-2005, 07:03 PM
sfavereau,
That is gorgeous! I love the hat :heart:

sfavereau
11-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Thanks!!! :-)

I only picked up knitting a couple months ago after being really bad at it as a child! I'm brand new to this forum too... :D

Jan in CA
11-30-2005, 08:58 PM
I looooooooooooooove that pattern! I just finished it and a kinda matching hat (I was just messing around with a braid and kinda made it up...) for a friend. I hope she likes it!

It does get way easier! It only took me a few days to finish the scarf and I love it!

DAYS??! :shock: No way I can do this in days unless I knit 24/7! That is just gorgeous! Looks totally error free, too! I found an error about 1 inch from the bottom, but I'm not going to frog it. We'll just call it either a learning experience or character. :roflhard:

Angelia
11-30-2005, 11:09 PM
That is beautiful! I just may have to do one of those myself!

sfavereau
12-01-2005, 12:19 AM
DAYS??! No way I can do this in days unless I knit 24/7!

;) ahhh... but you see, I quit my job and now, all I do is cook, walk the dog, and KNIT! :roflhard:

Seriously, I was so addicted to that scarf that I knitted every single free moment I had, which is why it was done in a few days.

Angelia
12-01-2005, 12:21 AM
;) ahhh... but you see, I quit my job and now, all I do is cook, walk the dog, and KNIT! :roflhard:

Oh wow...I want THAT life! :inlove: