PDA

View Full Version : Another New Knitter

wyoknitter
12-06-2005, 10:03 PM
Hi Everyone ~

I've been lurking for a few weeks and decided that I would like to introduce myself. My name is Laura and I live in cold and snowy Cheyenne, Wyoming. I've only been knitting for a month or so...and so far my finished projects include a hat, one scarf, an as of yet unfelted booga bag, three dishcloths and several miserable attempts at an earwarmer :D. My local yarn shop is very small but the owner is terrific and is getting used to seeing me on a daily basis.

I am 47...and a stay at home domestic diva with two college attending sons...one of which is a rodeo cowboy and the other is playing baseball !

I have two Shih Tzu's....and a darling husband who is glad that I'm buying yarn and not quilting fabric ! ~ I love to quilt and have enough fabric for a small store...but the knitting bug has hit me hard.

Hello to all...

It's minus 3 degrees here.

Laura

Ronda
12-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Hi Laura! Welcome!

Ingrid
12-06-2005, 10:44 PM
Welcome! Sounds like your first month has been a productive one! I guess you need all the warm woolies you can get in Wyoming!

wrchili
12-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Welcome! This is off the topic of knitting, but I grew up with two shih tzus, and now I have one of my own. I think they are the most wonderful dogs. Post a picture sometime if you can.

rebecca
12-06-2005, 11:03 PM
Hey Laura..Welcome :D I'm 47 today ;) !! One college student...2 that are working, 1 grandchild and the best knitting enabling husband in the WORLD!!
Sounds like YOU have been very, very productive in your short knitting career...we have to see pics around here, too ;) I would :heart: love :heart: to see pics of your quilts, too...my mom made absolutely beautiful quilts!
Looking forward to getting to know you :thumbsup:

dustinac
12-07-2005, 12:12 AM
Welcome Laura!! I have a shih-tzu named Shermee.. Shih-tzus are loved in my family lol and my mom is a quilter and my brother is trying to get lessons to ride in a small local rodeo :D I have tons of fabric too not sure what I'm going to do with it now that I'm into knitting.. I tried to give it to mom her last visit up but alot of it was from her passing it down to me LOL...

wyoknitter
12-07-2005, 11:06 AM
thank you all for the nice welcome.

It's really cold here in Cheyenne this morning. Minus 20 and wind chill of minus 42....brrrr.

As for the requests for pics of my dogs and my quilts....I am terrible with digital photography...but will try and get my hubby to help out.

I am supposed to be taking a knitting class tonight at the LYS. It might be too cold though. It's on color knitting and we are making an earwarmer ( Ugh ) I can't seem to get that right. I am hoping that it will help with my color changes...in that I'm not happy with those !! :crying:

Laura

tigger0229
12-07-2005, 11:20 AM
hey laura, welcome to the forum!!
lol, okay, jsut had my question in good morn topic answered.

koolbreeze
12-07-2005, 11:28 AM
:waving:
I quilt to!!! haven't done it much since i started knitting though.

wewantmore
12-07-2005, 11:46 AM
We have a Shiztu. But I gotta tell ya, he's a PITA. Welcome to the boards.

Jackie M.
12-07-2005, 05:38 PM
Hi Laura,

Nice to meet you. :D
I've been knitting since July and getting better. I'm 55 years old! I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks (speaking for myself).

No wonder you make quilts. With weather like you are having everyone must make quilts or knit afghans. I'm in northwest Ft.Worth,Texas and right now we are at 19 degrees with lots of sleet coming down. Roads are covered in ice.

If you need help with your knitting, there are many many here in this forum to answer your questions. They have helped me a lot and I keep getting encouragment to keep going. I'm happy I found this site!

wyoknitter
12-08-2005, 01:16 AM
Hi All ~

Just spent the day trying to keep warm !!

My dogs are major PITA's too ( I love that acronym )....I had to let the puppy do her "thing" indoors today...too cold outside. I wonder how far that will set her back in her training !!

Not as much knitting done today as planned. The people arrived this a.m. who are installing the Pergo floor in the new dining room. And the painter called and asked if he could start work on Friday...I said yes, of course, but that necessitated me spending most of the day putting my antique Fiestaware away etc.... Oh well, am looking forward to this little house sprucing up project being over with.

Tomorrow, it's supposed to be in the 20's but with the wind blowin 35 mph...maybe we should move instead of fix up this house :D

Thanks again for the warm welcome. ( No pun intended )

Laura