PDA

View Full Version : Vogue Stitchionary

Ingrid
12-07-2005, 06:41 PM
I just got this in the mail--there was an offer for this and a free felting book and some tapestry needles, so of course I couldn't resist :rollseyes: --I am so glad I did!

It has so, so many beautiful stitch patterns in it. I usually trudge through my other books to look for stitch patterns, but this is all in one place. I know there are other stitch dictionaries out there, but I haven't seen any of them. So, if you're in the market, I'd recommend this one. The only thing I don't like about it is that all the swatches are green. I don't like this particular color green. ;)

rebecca
12-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Ahhhh....I've seen that book here & there online, so what u r saying is...get it :thumbsup: Right ;) ?! I would so love it...I love green :inlove:

Ingrid
12-07-2005, 07:22 PM
It does have some patterns that I've never seen before, that are just lovely. I have a ball of yarn that I think I'll make a short, more decorative scarf from. One of these patterns will make it easy, since I'll be able to stop when I run out. "Other grandma" always has some kind of scarf on, so I'll make her one for Christmas.

carollovesyarn
12-07-2005, 07:58 PM
Do the stitch patterns have names or are they just numbered? The one stitch pattern book I have just has numbers and I like to talk about patterns using names. #38 means nothing to other people.

Ingrid
12-07-2005, 08:14 PM
They're all named. All 250 of them.

humblestumble
12-07-2005, 08:29 PM
i just checked this book out at barnes n noble, and i was ooing and awing at everything!

carollovesyarn
12-07-2005, 08:47 PM
They're all named. All 250 of them.
oh neato. I may have to get it. Hmmm... mom was just asking me if I had a wish list...

BinkyKat
12-07-2005, 11:38 PM
I go to our BnN almost weekly and they finally have this book. I liked the layout and had to keep from buying it simply because... what do I tell the famdamily when they ask if there's anything I want for Christmas? It reminds me of the Knitting On/Over the Edge books only with overall pattern blocks instead of borders.
Great, now to go talk myself "Just wait, don't go buy it... wait!"
:study:

Ingrid
12-07-2005, 11:39 PM
I know I can't resist when it comes to knitting stuff. I asked for hummingbird feeders. :rollseyes:

rebecca
12-07-2005, 11:49 PM
:heart: Certainly sounds like another one for the list ;)

kemp
12-09-2005, 10:47 AM
THanks for the tip, Ingrid.

Ellen Edwards
12-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Ingrid--if I may ask--where was the offer for the book and the freebies and is it still an offer somewhere!! :heart:

Ingrid
12-09-2005, 11:47 AM
There was a card in the latest Vogue Magazine, which I subscribe to, that I sent in. I don't recall if there was a date on it, but I assume that if it was in all Vogues, it's still out there.