PDA

View Full Version : 12/8 Good Morning

tigger0229
12-08-2005, 09:51 AM
it's going to be rainy today. ugh. I need to run out and exchange something at lunch.
No knitting last night. Hope ya'll got some in.
I did have power tho! :happydance:

Angelia
12-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Morning, Tigger!

It is going to be yucky here today. And that wind is just COLD! I don't think the really heavy rain is supposed to move in until this afternoon, so maybe you can get your errands done before it hits!

I hope you get in some knitting today!

Jeremy
12-08-2005, 09:57 AM
We're getting what is today's rain for you tomorrow in the form of snow. For my part of CT 4-8". Ordinairily that doesn't bother me but I have to drive to Stamford tomorrow (2 hr. drive along I-95 under the best of conditions.) :(

tigger0229
12-08-2005, 10:07 AM
angelia, i love your island of misfit toys avatar!
Oh that would be great if the rain held off. I'll be running out from 11-noon.
ugh Jeremy, that's not good!!
maybe they will close everything.
do they do that in your area?

Angelia
12-08-2005, 10:22 AM
angelia, i love your island of misfit toys avatar!

Thanks! I love them. That scene makes me cry every single year!

Oh that would be great if the rain held off. I'll be running out from 11-noon.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! At least we're not getting the snow they predicted earlier in the week. You know what happens here when we get snow...

ugh Jeremy, that's not good!!
maybe they will close everything.
do they do that in your area?

Yes, Jeremy...that trip sounds very scary! I'm worried for you now. But I guess you're fairly well equipped for snow there, though. If we get even an inch here, everything closes! :D

Norman
12-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Mannnn .. doesn't today suck.. ugh

Okay .. so it's snowing.. so we knew it was coming.. so we have a fleet of snow plows.. so why didn't ANY of them go out to plow this morning before there was freaking 50 accidents..

Sometimes I don't get our government..

NEWAY.. didn't get any knitting done, and probably won't for a good week.. I got the wedding video about 90% done.. just got to add the Reception, some graphics and titles and burn to DVD :) Which is good, cause then I can get paid for it :)

tigger0229
12-08-2005, 11:46 AM
ya'll are brave up there. we just sit home til it clears in most cases. of course we don't have snow plows cause we normally don't have snow. if we do, it'susually off days from schools and work as we also don't have chains for the tires. HOWEVER, some folks have to get out in it, such as hospital workers etc. I used to work for a hospital and we were snowed in for 5 nights. We were lucky our boss kept an apartment across the street where the interns ususally rented, so we worked 12 hour shifts, went to the apt and washed our uniforms and she'd provided scrubs for us to sleep in and we'd sleep til our time to go into work. the other hospital personnel were all grabbing an empty gurnies they could find etc, stinky from wearing the same clothes so many days in a row!
:doh:

kemp
12-08-2005, 11:48 AM
we're supposed to have some serious snow here today too. I HATE winter!

Norman
12-08-2005, 11:50 AM
yeah we are on the tail end of it .. you guys will get what texas got yesterday.. supposed to be pretty bad..

kemp
12-08-2005, 11:52 AM
yep... :rollseyes: here is our lovely forecast: "Periods of heavy snow likely this afternoon. Snowfall rates of an inch or more per hour. High 31F. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 2 to 4 inches."

Jan in CA
12-08-2005, 12:11 PM
*sneaking in to report*
.... it's supposed to be 68-70 today here, some clouds, but generally nice. :devil:
*sneaking out before getting plastered with tomatoes*

tigger0229
12-08-2005, 12:16 PM
jan, you mean plastered with SNOWBALLS!
we visited california earlier this year and I fell in love with CATALINA ISLAND. wow, what a nice place!

kemp
12-08-2005, 12:18 PM
*sneaking in to report*
.... it's supposed to be 68-70 today here, some clouds, but generally nice. :devil:

^*&$&^$%$*!!!!!

I fullly intend on moving in the next couple of years...some where with little/no chance of snow...EVER! I love So. Cal... but so far AZ has my top vote for FPTL (future place to live)

Stonington
12-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Just thought I would add my 2 cents worth of weather lol
WINTER STORM WATCHES ARE IN EFFECT FRIDAY AND FRIDAY EVENING FOR
SOUTHERNMOST NEW HAMPSHIRE AND EXTREME SOUTHWEST MAINE. 6 INCHES
OR MORE SNOW ACCUMULATION IS POSSIBLE. LESS SNOW WILL FALL
FURTHER TO THE NORTH.
Will be my first drive in snow since the accident... am a little nervous. We are seriously considering a warmer climate too! :cheering:
Take care and drive safe ;)
anne
southern maine

kemp
12-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Sounds like an excellent time to stay in! NO need to go out today, right?

Jan in CA
12-08-2005, 12:26 PM
*sneaking in to report*

^*&$&^$%$*!!!!!

I fullly intend on moving in the next couple of years...some where with little/no chance of snow...EVER! I love So. Cal... but so far AZ has my top vote for FPTL (future place to live)

I don't think I could live in AZ...too dang hot in the summer and it's got all that sand and cactus. Heh...not a desert fan, can you tell? I'll bet it would be a LOT cheaper to buy a condo/house in though!

jan, you mean plastered with SNOWBALLS!
we visited california earlier this year and I fell in love with CATALINA ISLAND. wow, what a nice place!

Heh, yeah I guess snowballs is more appropriate. ;) Catalina Island is a fun place to go ... Not much to do for more than a weekend though. ;) My DH goes over there with our boat (sail) several times a year.

kemp
12-08-2005, 12:29 PM
we visited in July one year so we could see if we could do it. It really is a dry heat! Much better than 90 with 90+ humidity like we get here in the summer.

Jan in CA
12-08-2005, 12:33 PM
we visited in July one year so we could see if we could do it. It really is a dry heat! Much better than 90 with 90+ humidity like we get here in the summer.

Yes, that does help. I can do 90 for a short time, it's the 110 +- for weeks that would kill me. I don't handle heat well. My MIL lives in Tucson and I don't like that area, but there are some nice areas around Phoenix.

Arugula
12-08-2005, 01:39 PM
My brother lives in Phoenix, it is unbearably hot there. I really like the weather here, you get real seasons but nothing really cold or hot. Summers are beautiful. The only thing that sucks is it is often windy. Our forcast for the next 3 days is high of 30 today, 40 tomorrow and 45 the day after. So our snow won't last for long.

Well, my younger son came down with croup, we have a Dr appt this afternoon and my dh finally succombed to the cold. So now we are all sick. Ugh.

nicolethegeek
12-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Y'all are gonna think I'm crazy {or else this post will remove all doubt! :roflhard: }, but I'm wishing for snow. Please allow me to explain!!! Our temperature all morning has been hovering between -13 and -18C {about 0 and 10F} with wind chill of -25 to -30C {about -15 to -20F}. This is the warmest we've been in probably about 2 weeks. A good snow fall means that our temperature will most likely rise up 5 to 10 or maybe even warmer.

*wishing she was working on a pair of wool slippers for herself instead of Christmas presents*

jodstr2
12-08-2005, 02:15 PM
it's gloomy outside right now, but they say the rain we got all night has passed by. I've yet to see the sun tho. today I actually have enough time to peek outside once in a while.

I'm REALLY sleepy today. I got lots of sleep last night. not too much. weird.

in about 1/2 hour I'm going downstairs to sell more knitted stuff for the shelter.

tomorrow, I think, we'll Christmas shop for my kid.

finished one of Nana's clogs last night.

am drying Darrin's and Mike's clogs here at work with 2 fans.

geminiwb
12-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Good morning all,

I also have a brother that lives near Phoenix. I'm with Arugula, the Summers are sweltering! My brother seems to have gotten used to it though, and he was a whinny little bugger growing up, so if he can get used to it anyone can.

It's grey and misting here in the Bay Area, still in the 40's and will stay there all day long. Had to break out the winter coat this week. Need to make myself a new scarf. Some of those fingerless gloves would be nice, but I'll have to get a little beter before I take those on :lol:

Hope your day goes well and happy knitting :waving:

-Wes

jodstr2
12-08-2005, 02:30 PM
It's grey and misting here in the Bay Area, still in the 40's and will stay there all day long.

hey Wes :waving: , I'm in the bay area too! Sunnyvale!

Jeremy
12-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Hi, they sometimes close things here but for court to be off it probably would have to be a blizzard not just a regular old nor'easter.

Norman
12-08-2005, 02:31 PM
uggghhh.. :doh: they are starting to release schools early.. means I'll have to go home.. hopefully they won't cancel the play tonight..

tigger0229
12-08-2005, 02:32 PM
norman, be safe going home.

Norman
12-08-2005, 02:33 PM
Not going home yet.. I am going to get something to eat tho :)

Jan in CA
12-08-2005, 02:45 PM
Well the weather didn't do what I thought it was going to do...it's cloudy right now. :rollseyes:

Vendie
12-08-2005, 02:46 PM
I'm hoping for snow soon, just b/c I got the blessing to leave work early to get home safely. We're supposed to get 5-8" today and tonight. Just looked at the radar tho, and Indy is completely surrounded by snow, but completely dry itself. Everyone's at the windows waiting for the first snowflake....C'mon snow, I wanna go home!

tigger0229
12-08-2005, 02:47 PM
FG, my fingers are crossed for you!

Vendie
12-08-2005, 03:29 PM
:happydance: it's snowing!!!! :happydance:

DH says it looks like a snowglobe at our house and it just started about a half hour ago. He says I should get home as soon as I can! Woo hoo!

kemp
12-08-2005, 03:34 PM
yay! Be careful.

We have flakes here too now.

Angelia
12-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Wow--all we're getting out of this system is occasional rain! It's chilly, but not that chilly.

I want a snow day :(

Be careful, FG!

Norman
12-08-2005, 03:55 PM
yeah you wouldn't beleive the amount of snow we have out there.. the plows can't keep up.. glad my house is about a mile away down a straigh street from work :)

Norman
12-08-2005, 03:56 PM
yeah you wouldn't beleive the amount of snow we have out there.. the plows can't keep up.. glad my house is about a mile away down a straigh street from work :)

Stonington
12-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Drive Safe everyone! Christmas snow!

tigger0229
12-08-2005, 04:16 PM
angelia, me too!!

feministmama
12-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Uh the sun is out here, but the wind is wiping around hard and its soooooooo cold (I think its 32 degrees) But I have to stay inside to finish my schoolwork so no biggie

NesanelRose
12-08-2005, 04:43 PM
Send snow heeeeeeere! I don't know if it's going to rain here, but it sure looks cloudy and a bit chilly here. I'm having to run out to Hobby Lobby and get me some more yarn to finish my grandmother's hat, and get a longer cord for my interchangables so I don't have to use double pointed needles(it confuses me), and possibly a cable needle so I can try my hand at that.

Didn't knit yesterday, but I did manage to cut strips of cheesecloth to make a fashion scarf for my best friend's Christmas present and wrap it in a ball. I love deconstructed looking clothing, so this has a punky looking flair to it. I know she'll like it because he styles are much like mine. We'll see how it turns out.

that's pretty much it today. 10 days until I go to Houston for Chrsitmas! Yay!

tigger0229
12-08-2005, 05:10 PM
it's pouring down rain. ugh!!!!

Vendie
12-08-2005, 05:22 PM
So my boss poked her head in the door around 2:15 or so and said go home it's getting bad - Both the woman that works for me and I have very long drives home, both straight into the storm. I left work shortly before 2:30, and I got home around 3:45 - normally I would have been home around 3:15. The roads were awful, I should have left at the first sign of it, knowing that it was worse every where else. :rollseyes: But I made it home without incident. Just drove very slowly, in fact I don't think I took the car out of second gear most of the way home. The interstates I heard were way worse than the back roads - people driving like there was no snow at all. Glad I didn't go that way.

I'd say we have at least 2" already and it just started a couple of hours ago. The dog :heart: s it.

Vendie
12-08-2005, 05:54 PM
Here's some snow for you southerners:

tigger0229
12-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Thanks FG I'm going to build a snowman!!

Vendie
12-08-2005, 06:04 PM
:roflhard: make sure you put your hat and mittens on! I'll make up some hot cocoa for you when you come inside - do you want marshmallows?

NesanelRose
12-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Wow, that's so pretty, FG! :inlove:
Gosh, I really do miss it.

tigger0229
12-08-2005, 06:09 PM
yes, please, I love marshmellows, particularly the miniature ones in my cocoa!! YUM that is good, thanks!
I've got to go knit a hat first tho before I can go out!!

wrchili
12-08-2005, 07:41 PM
We're getting snow here too. It started around 1 this afternoon and by 4 a.m we're supposed to have seven inches. To make matters worse I got a cold. I guess the only good thing is that I get to stay home from work tomorrow because of it. I plan to sit on the couch and knit and not venture outsite at all.

Vendie
12-08-2005, 07:54 PM
At 1pm we were still waiting for the snow to hit Indy, by 2pm there was already a good cover on the ground, by 3:45, there had to have been about an 1"-2". I _hope_ I can get to work tomorrow - might be a bit late.