PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else get into a rut?

peepers_cap
12-09-2005, 06:16 PM
I was just wondering because as much as I HATE seaming I to this day would rather make two-needle mittens than even consider knitting them in the round. I guess I need some motivation to try something new. I don't seem to have a problem when it comes to other projects, just mittens.

rebecca
12-09-2005, 07:56 PM
I LOVE knitting in the round..it's fun! Perhaps if you try your mittens using 2 circs instead of dpns?! Or...a new, fun, mitten pattern?! Or..new, fun mitten yarn...there ya go ;)

LM Needle Fanatic
12-10-2005, 01:16 AM
I hate seaming too, but I also like flat knitting. But if I seam as I go along and don't hold the whole thing off till the end it's not that bad. (At least that's what I keep telling myself :roflhard: ) Just like sewing...I don't mind doing the actual sewing, but hate hate hate cutting out the pattern, marking the darts etc.[/b]

Angelia
12-11-2005, 10:51 AM
Knitting in the round is wonderful! :inlove:

It's not difficult, and best of all, if you're working in stockinette, NO PURLING!

dustinac
12-11-2005, 11:04 AM
I'm in one right now but its not knitting flat.. although I do not like seams and avoid if possible but I'm in scarf rut!! LOL

I think you should give the dpns a try I made some mittens last weekend very fast and no seaming!! :cheering: