PDA

View Full Version : pattern directions.......need HELP!!

robinhooddaffy
12-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Working on my s-i-law's "Town Square Jacket". I am down to the collar and for the life of me, the directions are confusing me something terrible. They read:

With RS facing and smaller needles, pick up and knit 78 sts around neckline, beg and end halfway through front bands. (That part I understand :D ) Work Garter st for 3 1/2", inc 1 st at ea shoulder seam and at center back neck EOR, changing to larger needles when collar measures 2" from beg. BO.

ok.......so do I knit for 3 1/2" and then increase, or do I increase each row for the 3 1/2"?

are the increases 3 stitches per row or 5 (is that what EOR means)

do I knit for 3 1/2" on the smaller needles and then change to larger and knit for 2 more inches for a total of 5 inches or knit for 2" on the smaller needles and then change to the larger for the remaining 1 1/2" for a total of 3 1/2"?

I am so confused. I have got to finish and get this in the mail for Christmas.........please help!

Ingrid
12-11-2005, 07:21 PM
You do the increases as you do the first 3 1/2 inches EOR = Every other Row.

So you use the first needles and work for 2 inches, increasing at each shoulder and in the center every other row, then switch to the larger needles and continue increasing every other row until you get to 3 1/2 inches. Make sense?

You'll be getting 3 increases on your increase rows.

robinhooddaffy
12-11-2005, 11:20 PM
I LOVE YOU!!!!

Ingrid
12-11-2005, 11:48 PM
:D