PDA

View Full Version : Florida Knitting & Spinning Event

Debbie
12-12-2005, 07:42 PM
I am SOOOOO excited about this! Rebecca, will you be here on January 7th?? There is someone else vacationing here at that time, too ... but I can't find the post. Other Florida knitters ...can you come play?? I just joined this floida fiber fourm so I don't know anything about it except this notice .... like I said, I am so excited ....

2nd Annual Orlando Area Distaff Day
Hosted by the Sunshine Orlando Spinners
And The Orlando Area Knitters

Date: Saturday, January 7th, 2006
Time: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm

4700 Lincoln Ave.
Orlando, FL 32819

What to Bring:

1.Spinning Wheel, Knitting, Weaving, Beading, etc. (whatever you have put away, or not, and want to work on)

2.Bag Lunch – There is a Publix and Albertson’s close by w/ a deli if any one forgets.

3. Coffee or Tea mug - The Hosting Guilds will provide the beverage and treats. (cookies and veggies)

4. *Item for the “Yankee Swap” Put in plain paper bag and seal so the contents cannot be viewed. (Participation is optional, some folks like to just watch)

5. *Items for the “Sale Table” Just like last year. Items that you have decided you might not want and would like to sell. Put a tag on the item with you name and price.

6. *FREE TABLE – Some people prefer just to give things away, so get to the “Distaff Day” early – “The early bird gets the worm!!”

NEW THIS YEAR:

*“The Fashion Show” – We are a talented group of women!! Time to show off!! Bring out the shawls, hats, socks etc. Whatever it is you are most proud of! Tell us about the item, how you made it, etc.

*“Friendship Fiber” - First email me to let me know if you plan on participating. After I find out the number of people participating, I will email you and let them know how much fiber to bring. For example if 20 people want to participate, then bring 1/2 oz. or 10 oz of fiber. (You will need to divide the fiber you bring to share with 20 people) so bring enough ounces of fiber to share with others.

* All activities are voluntary. Feel free to participate in all or none

Day’s Events

10:00 -12:00 - Meet, Greet, Coffee, Goodies, Spin, and Knit
12:00 - 1:00 - Lunch
1:00 - 2:00 - Fashion Show
2:00 - 3:00 - Yankee Swap
3:00 - 5:00 - More Spinning, Knitting, Chatting, Sharing

rebecca
12-12-2005, 07:48 PM
I won't be there then :( ..............THAT WOULD BE SO COOL 8-)

kome
12-12-2005, 08:46 PM
I live in Orlando, and I start school 2 days later. Hmmm... I probably won't make it, but I hope you have a good time!

Debbie
01-04-2006, 06:13 AM
Bump (I just learned what that means)

Anyone else planning to be there ????

knitncook
01-04-2006, 08:55 AM
Darn, our vacation to Orlando doesn't start until the 13th. Hope it is fun. Sounds like it could be a blast!!

Debbie
01-07-2006, 10:29 AM
I am on my way .... Yankee Swap bag ready, Hat and Purse for the fashion show and MY CAMERA ... I can't wait!